• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Silent Hill: Cultural Anthropology (Rated R/M)*

Rheine

Stabby McStabface
Jessica Hayden
===
Jessica didn't like how the man looked. His body language, his eyes...all seemed to be always alert and suspicious. Not to mention the bloody pipe!
She reminded herself to try to veil her suspicion and fear, although she feared that she was too late. But at least the stranger didn't seem hostile...yet.

"That's good. I'm alright. Well..." The stranger chuckled to himself. Not a carefree and joyful chuckle, but a rough one. "As alright as I can be after slaughtering one of those monster curs. Again."

The man just called some stray dogs 'monsters'. Was he just delusional? Or maybe the dogs really did have some kind of disease.

"And speaking of monsters..." He began in a serious, ponderous tone as he lowered the pipe, glancing at the park from the corner of his eye. "Have you seen other people here? Because if so, I suspect they're in danger. Or - if you excuse the expression - in very deep ****."

"I-I do excuse the expression," Jessica once more began to speak nonsense out of nervousness, a bad habit of hers since God knew when. "Ah...I'm sorry. I mean...by monsters, you mean the dogs, right? Do they have some kind of disease? They must be pretty dangerous if you had to kill one of them with that pipe..."

For some reason, Jessica couldn't look away from the pipe. She had seen blood before, but the bluntness of the pipe, covered with blood - and it looked fresh, as if the man had just beaten a dog to death just a few minutes before - was different from anything she'd ever seen. And she began to notice that there were blood stains on his clothes too.

Thankfully, she was more of a cat person.

Then Jessica remembered that the man had just asked a question, and she felt compelled to answer. Something about the man...his aura, if you would, made her feel obliged to answer. She had never been able to exert herself to a person like him, whose dangerousness could be felt from far away.

"Oh, and other people? I...I actually just arrived here myself, but I did see a group of people in the park. There was a commotion there, but I wasn't close enough to see what was going on. Do you...do you think you...we...should check it out?"

Jessica hoped that the man would just go by himself.
===
Inventory
Shoulder bag:
Laptop and its charger
Spare underwear (1)
Checkered shirt (1)
Bottled water, 1.5L
Ham sandwich

Camera bag:
SLR Camera
Spare battery
Spare memory card
USB

Jeans' pockets:
Wallet
Smart phone (has built-in flashlight)
Handkerchief

Team Brushfire

A duck I am.... Not.
Leizel Parker

Leizel had successfully managed to avoid the horrendous beast's charge, but she quickly realized that Luke had not been so lucky. Luka had taken a glancing blow to his side and was knocked back as if he were weightless. "Holy- Are you alright!?" She yelled instantly.

Her grasp on her wrench tensed when she finally was able to see the true nature of the "horse" that attacked the team. It truly was something straight out of a nightmare: Enormously tall, a powerful human-like torso, the head of a stallion. Its glowing eye continued to emit a bright red light, the other was empty; soulless, black, void of life.

She glanced once again to Alex and Luka, who had actually managed to attempt defeating the foe: Luka snapped the tazer, and Alex had taken a stab at its eye. Although the tazer was avoided, Alex's ambush to its eye was a successful, sending the beast into a flurry of rage and violence. Leizel only barely managed to avoid a couple of the wayward and erratic swings of its rusty shovel. It was the schrapnel of a treebranch that had grazed her arm, which she quickly flinched from. Bleeding, she realized that the chimera-like horse had recovered from Alex's unexpected blow to its eye, and had its sight on Luka.

Leizel knew by the state he was in after taking a charge that he wouldn't be able to defend himself for much longer. He was clearly injured, holding his ribs and fighting himself for more air. It was her turn to strike, and there was no time for planning. She dropped her flashlight as the beast raised his shovel up to perform the finishing blow. At the very last second, Leizel ran up and poised her wrench horizontally with all her strength in an attempt to absorb and deflect the strike of the beast's vertical swing. She wouldn't let her comrades fall that easily to a monster without putting herself in the way first!
-------------------
(OOC: I hope you all know that my large wrench is a 24 in. Crescent wrench? I probably should've clarified these.... Sorry for not thinking of it before. )
-------------
Inventory:
Shoulder Bag
Pajamas (Shirt, pants)
Spare underwear (x2)
Photograph of her and her father (x1)
Spare hat (x3)
Notebook (x1)
Pencil (x7)
Flashlight (x1, small)

Cargo Pants
Wrench (x2, small (5 in), x1 medium (15 in.))

In Hands
Wrench (x1, Large 24 in.)

On Ground
Flashlight (On, Medium, 89% Battery life)

Last edited:

Universe Chaser

Trust me, I'm a cop.
*Coyote*

Neither of them saw the dimensional rift opening up above the roof right by them. Neither of them saw the primal god walk calmly out of the hole in the sky, and then sew it up with his own knifelike fingers. Not even the acute-looking one. It was a very interesting pair, the two of them. A Silent Hill 'veteran' of sorts, and a woman who just arrived... Neither of them were students, but Coyote could wait. Besides, the students already had their hands full with Dabble. God...he loved that horse, but would it be so bad if he could make better conversation? Even Pyramid Head was more stimulating, and he was absolutely morbid. Could those demons at least have put some sort of voice box in him? Coyote was starving for some nice back and forth...but no matter. These two would do.

With the grace of a dancer, Coyote leaped from the rooftop, landing softly on his toes. He looked up, and smiled a toothy smile, his green eyes glowing with glee. The jump had blown his hood off, and his long, silky red hair was blowing in the breeze.

"Why, hello there, visitors. I'm not sure if either of you speak Spanish, but if you are the visitors...let me be your...Coyote..." Damn, he was good. He was the best.

"Those children there have enough on their plate without you barging in on them... Here... be my guests. I'm sure you liked my other dogs. These will be far more entertaining. I'd go as far to call them...a SCREAM!!"

He reached out and opened a dimensional rift right next to him. Out leaped three monstrous Ferals, horrifying canine creatures made of pure muscle and teeth. Standing at four feet tall when on fours, these huge monsters rippled with excitement at fresh meat. They readied to pounce...

Inventory:
Strong, malleable wire, about four feet long

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
What did she think she’d need a wrench that big for?

*Dabble*

Encouraged by the Otherword’s appearance, Dabble brought the shovel down hard. Dabble’s downward swing was interrupted by a large chunk of metal the girl was holding. The wooden pole slid along the wrench diagonally. There was a horrible scraping sound as a thin layer of wood was sheared off the shovel. The rusty shovel blade whipped past the man’s face and landed in the bloody black soil with a thwack. Bits of dirt sprayed up from the impact.

Dabble swung his head around with a frustrated neigh, his red eye almost glowing with evil, and snapped at the girl with his sharp jagged teeth. Not a real bite, he didn’t expect to make contact, but the loud sound of his jaws snapping was fierce and to some, unnerving. He turned, dragging the shovel through the dirt. Now, better positioned, he took a real bite at her, one that he actually believe might make contact. At the same time he threw out his free hand trying to swipe the large piece of metal she’d used against him. Disarm them…

Dabble smelt a change. Another monster, someone powerful, was nearby.

Inventory:
Rusty Shovel

Health
95/100
- tense from being tased
- Cut over left eye

*Coyote*
God...he loved that horse, but would it be so bad if he could make better conversation? Even Pyramid Head was more stimulating, and he was absolutely morbid. Could those demons at least have put some sort of voice box in him?
Did Pyramid have to take his helmet off to talk to you? What was under there?

Edit...
For anyone who's intrested this is the intial sketch I made when designing dabble:

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
OOC: Agh, sorry for the absence there. Didn't really have enough (free) computer time to cook up a post. But! Here I am again.

Oh and can I just say that Dabble looks adorable <3

Also, Coyote's so going to get stalked by Elijah, simply for being able to talk. Just sayin'.

---

Elijah Reynolds

"I-I do excuse the expression," the girl replied, sounding very nervous. Elijah's eyes narrowed and he leaned just an inch closer. Now why would that be? Usually, people were nervous when they lied… But then again, he had liked her answer; It showed she had some sense of humor. Humor was good. It made people laugh, and humans were always so pleasant when laughing; it made him happy too.

"Ah...I'm sorry. I mean...by monsters, you mean the dogs, right? Do they have some kind of disease? They must be pretty dangerous if you had to kill one of them with that pipe..."

So she hadn't encountered any monsters, ever.Poor thing, it'd be horrible for her when she'd be forced to face off with one. He looked at her with pity and then... his expression darkened again.

But wait, she apologized. Why? For stuttering? Or… for lying? Elijah studied the woman with his eyes. She still seemed scared. Cautious. He had studied to read body language all his life; nobody but a professional con artist could hide such clear signs from him. And that was good. He hated it when people hid things from him. It made him angry. It made him want to kill them.

He forgot his ever darkening thoughts for a moment as he followed the girl's gaze and realized she had been staring at the pipe for a while now. Why? Did she want it that badly? Well he'd want to give it, but it was his means of self defense... maybe if he found another one, there should be plenty of pipes around. Then he could give one to her as a present. A present to deepen their friendship, because friends were good. There needed to be a certain level of trust between friends, though. There wasn't such a thing between them yet.

He'd need to fix that before it was too late.

"Oh, and other people? I...I actually just arrived here myself, but I did see a group of people in the park. There was a commotion there, but I wasn't close enough to see what was going on. Do you...do you think you...we...should check it out?"

The girl suddenly continued, and Elijah smiled. Oh, she answered again! In the park, then, he had been right. He looked in said direction for a short while, before turning back to the girl and, out of the blue, grabbed her hand. His smile widened. It had been a while since he had touched another human like this. Their skin was warmer than he had remembered. Softer, too.

"I think we should," He said with a pleasant, if slightly deformed smile on his face. For a moment, the girl had almost sounded like she wanted to get rid of him, suggesting that he'd go alone. But she had fixed that. People made mistakes. He could forgive that.

"And on the way," Elijah began as he started to walk in the direction of the park, squeezing the woman's hand just a bit too hard. "I want you to tell me about yourself. I want to know everything about you." He made sure the two had eye contact before he continued in a silent whisper, voice shaking dangerously from excitement. "I want to get to know you… inside and ou-"

"Why, hello there, visitors. I'm not sure if either of you speak Spanish, but if you are the visitors...let me be your...Coyote..."

Fear flashed in Elijah's eyes and he spun around quickly, letting go of the girl in the process. His gaze searched desperately for the source of that sudden statement. Where did that come from, who could… who could, so silently-

He didn't have to look for long.

A man, even taller than himself stood nearby with a long, black coat hiding his features from sight. Confusion found its way to accompany the fear shining from Elijah's face. Who… was this? A human? But he spoke of visitors, surely he would have seen him if he were another veteran in the town. Then, a monster? But he spoke… Monsters didn't-
Or did they?

He had always wanted to see a talking monster! Wanted to study it, ask it questions, get to know what it thought when it killed and slaughtered mercilessly. He grinned. An excited, somewhat kiddy grin, which disappeared as the man gave him other things to worry about.

"Those children there have enough on their plate without you barging in on them... Here... be my guests. I'm sure you liked my other dogs. These will be far more entertaining. I'd go as far to call them...a SCREAM!!"

Other dogs? Children? What, were the new humans kids? Elijah didn't have time to process the man's words nor the meaning behind them properly, when he had already found himself surrounded by what were unmistakably monsters. Three of them, summoned by that… creature.

The monsters resembled the dogs he had fought earlier, but these ones were even more deformed. They had no eyes nor skin, just muscle. And fangs. Unfortunately, fangs. But he had seen these ones before. He knew about them.

Elijah grabbed his pipe with both hands, hunching slightly as he eyed the creatures. His heart was beating horribly fast again, and his thoughts were clouded by sheer instinct to survive. Those things were trying to kill him. So, just like with humans…

He'd slaughter them before they could make the first move.

So, without waiting for them to strike first, he stepped forward and, like he had done before, forced the pipe inside one of the creatures' mouth. He ignored the disgusting sounds of flesh being ripped and muscle being torn and just continued to ram the metal deeper, hoping to have it impale the monster's head completely.

"Hey, you… Uh, woman!" He shouted behind him, his voice most likely sounding extremely weird. Like someone would've taken bits and pieces of different tones and mashed them all together. Fear, anger, the excitement that hadn't yet completely disappeared… and, of course panic.

"Get back!" He ordered, concerned. "I don't want you to die, or your meat to get soiled by these monsters!"

---

Inventory:

On belt:
Flashlight x2
Knife x1

In pockets (vest & pants):
Lighter x1
Cigarettes x10
Wallet x1
Keys for one of the police cars x1
Cellphone x1

On hand:
Bloody metal pipe x1

Last edited:

Niihyl

Posthuman
And I’m baaaack! … Hell, the fight's not going well for use newbie humans. What I wouldn't give for a better weapon than a Taser. A lead pipe maybe. Or an axe. Or maybe a gun. Yeah, that'd be nice.

Luka Rakhmelevich

The world dimmed. Hell’s snowflakes thickened into hell’s minor snowstorm. And all around… things began to die. Vines strangled trees, rotting them, tendrils bringing death and decay. The ground seemed to suddenly turn a dark black, the color of congealed blood. The metallic scent of blood filled the air.

Luka glared up at the beast, clutching his ribs. It raised its shovel in the air, and brought it down. Was this the end? Death by shovel. At least it was a shovel wielded by a demonic inverse centaur. If it was a hobo, he’d never live it down to his father down in hell.

Then Leizel stepped in. Her massive wrench deflected the shovel, and it landed beside him, sending bloodied earth into his face. “Hell yeah!” Luka cried, spitting out some of the soil. The monster was focused on Leizel now, and looked slightly distracted. Sniffing at the air. Hrm… anything that could distract this monster was bad.

Luka stood, trying to ignore the pain in his ribs. He crawled over to the dropped Taser and tossed out the used cartridge. Without a cartridge, it was just a melee weapon, one with no range at all. But hey, Drive Stun mode caused pain. He turned it off and clipped it to his belt. No more crazy jump attacks. You only got that lucky once.

Next plan of action. Uh… horses… hrm. Ol’ Dean was one of them mounted guys. All for show. But when a perp got fresh… the horse was wounded… uh… breaking its heels? That was supposed to work. Too bad he only had a flashlight. What he wouldn’t give for a lead pipe. Being kicked in the face would probably suck though. Goddamn horses.

Might as well try and keep it from killing Leizel. Two-on-one is better than one-on-one. Not sure if it’ll be enough…

Luka hurled a small stone at the thing’s head. And another. And another. And a stick. Whatever. The. Hell. He. Could. Find. Most of the makeshift ammunition missed, due to his injury and overall lack of baseball skills, but one or two seemed to be on the right course. “Oi! Two-on-one two hard for ya?”

I’m going to die.

Inventory:

Backpack:
(1) Notebook w/ Attached Pen
(2) Roll of Duct Tape
(3) x12 Size D Batteries (For Flashlight)
(4) Water Bottle
(5) x2 Small Cans of Butane
(6) x1 Extra Magazine (for Taser)
(7) x4 Granola Bars
(8) x95 Tootsie Pops (in Plastic Bag)
(9) x36 Djarum Black Cigarettes

Pockets/Hands/Belt:
(1) Zippo Lighter (Pocket)
(2) Wallet with ID, Credit/Debit Cards, Drivers’ License, etc. (Pocket)
(3) Professor Pumice's Van Keys (In Pocket)
(4) Taser X2 (Clipped to Belt – No Cartridge)
(5) Heavy Duty Flashlight (On, Clipped to Belt)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(Golden): I think Dabble was still female at that point… And, "I don't want you to die, or your meat to get soiled by these monsters!" - Someone hasn’t read their Cannibalism Etiquette Handbook.

(Nii): an axe hun? We are in the woods...

*Dabble*

Dabble was sure of it, there was another monster close by. Someone he knew. It was enough to distract him from his anger, slightly.

Dabble’s hand closed around the wrench, this would be extremely satisfying, but then there was a funny sensation. Just behind his ear. It sort of hurt, but then it didn’t really… mostly it was just annoying. Dabble gave a tug at the wench, but the annoying sensation repeated itself, on his neck, on the back of his shoulder. It was getting quite annoying. Dabble released the wrench, turning his head to look over his shoulder for the source of the annoyance.

It was the man. That pitiful wounded man, Dabble wanted to eat that man. Dabble would eat that man. The man made mouth noises again, but Dabble didn’t understand them, or care. Dabble looked down at his shovel, in an almost like he was just remembering he had it sort of way, then pulled it up over his head in another attempt to smash the annoying man’s head in. Dabble misjudged, he only had one good eye after all, and the shovel slammed into the dirt between the man’s feet, spraying them both with corrupt soil and blackened blood.

Irritated, Dabble raised the shovel again, and this time took a step forward before swinging it down again.

Inventory:
Rusty Shovel

Health
95/100
- tense from being tased
- Cut over left eye

Last edited:

Team Brushfire

A duck I am.... Not.
(OOC: @VampirateMace: She brought it for self defense, considering that she's heard rumors about how dangerous it was there. And probably to fix cars if one broke down. :/ She kinda overplans things.)
--
(To be honest, I'm kinda glad that the rp was inactive, I've been busy as heck with my Birthday. XD)
---
Leizel Parker

The beast's rusted shovel slammed down against the metal of Leizel's wrench with a deafening clang. She smirked: her defensive move had been a successful one. Not only that, but the strike had also damaged the creature's weapon. The impact it made sent bits of black blood flying in all directions.

Quickly adverting from her moment of success, she realized that her arms had absorbed a significant amount of the impact, and became sore and somewhat shaky. With nearly no time to react, she only barely got out of the way when the horse made an attempt to bite her with it's demented sharp teeth. That was close. Too close. Terrified, Leizel took another step back. Its glowing red eye and teeth were beginning to get to her, and it was beginning to take over her thoughts.

The creature suddenly struck again, but this time was different. It was able to sink it's nasty teeth right into her left arm, which made Leizel yell out in pain. Bleeding, she cringed and dropped her wrench from her left hand. She kept a strong grip with her right, but with a swipe of the beast's arm, the wrench was easily dropped and taken from her. The pain from the sudden shock was immense; pulsing through her entire body. She continued to eye the beast, but all she could think now was: "How could we possibly escape this beast alive?" She was bleeding fast and disarmed. Two strikes. Another heavy move like that would surely bring grave consequences.

Staring down the beast, she could see how much it wanted to kill her. There was a sort of excited glint in it's eye, a bloodthirsty look. Leizel was shaking relentlessly: She had nowhere to go, nowhere to run. But wait. The beast was distracted by something, as it suddenly seemed to be more alert. This quickly changed to irritation, however, and it didn't take long to figure out why; Luka was trying to distract it. He was lobbing rocks at it, along with a taunt that seemed to further avert the horse's attention.

The creature quickly dropped his clutch on the wrench and went back to its coveted rusted shovel. Leizel couldn't help but make a remark: "Now what the heck is it with that thing that makes it so special!?" With a mighty swing, it slammed down the shovel once again. It was a complete miss, hitting the stale and bloody soil instead of her and Luka. With bloody dirt now all over her, Leizel ran around and was just able to lift her weapon before looking back at the beast, in a executional stance over Luka. Before Leizel could even react, it swung it's mighty shovel down.
----------
Inventory:
Shoulder Bag
Pajamas (Shirt, pants)
Spare underwear (x2)
Spare hat (x3)
Notebook (x1)
Pencil (x7)
Flashlight (x1, small)

Cargo Pants

In Right Hand

On Ground
Flashlight (On, Medium, 86% Battery life)

Rheine

Stabby McStabface
OOC:
Yeah, I've been busy with Eid too.
@Team Brushfire: Happy (belated? early?) birthday! :D
===
Jessica Hayden
===
Jessica noticed that the man studied her as she spoke, and she could not erase the image of a predator observing his prey from her mind. She didn't like it, not one bit. Yet, she kept sounding so nervous, even to herself, and that was really prey-like, she thought.

Her hope that he would go alone to check the park was predictably betrayed. Out of nowhere, the stranger grabbed her hand. His hand felt a bit sticky - perhaps from the dogs' blood? - but Jessica didn't try to let go of his hand. Instead, she already began to devise a plan to escape from this mysterious stranger. When they arrived at park, they would, most likely, find something there. And when the stranger would be distracted, Jessica would run as fast as possible. A very sketchy and unreliable plan, but it was better than nothing. Actually, it was barely a plan.

"I think we should," the man said with a smile on his face. The smile was anything but sincere, and it didn't help Jessica regain her confidence. His next words only made it worse.

"I want you to tell me about yourself. I want to know everything about you." He made eye contact, and Jessica felt that there was something primal in his eyes - hunger? "I want to get to know you… inside and ou-"

Before Jessica could come up with a terrified comeback, a similarly disgruntling voice spoke.

"Why, hello there, visitors. I'm not sure if either of you speak Spanish, but if you are the visitors...let me be your...Coyote..."

What. The. Heck.

The man did let go of her hand, but Jessica was too perplexed to run. Instead, he did the same thing as the man did and looked for the newcomer. She easily found...him, his red hair blowing in the breeze and his face looked like how an overtly imaginative kid would draw a cross between a fairy, a human, and a monster.

Jessica now began to make outlandish theories in her head - a candid camera show, a practical prank, some sort of early Halloween party - but never that she was looking at a real, genuine, monster. Despite the inhuman appearance of this new, even more terrifying stranger, she still neither ran nor stepped away. She still tried to calculate the best thing to do, when...

Three dogs appeared out of nowhere and surrounded Jessica and the ragged stranger. Well, they did look and act like dogs, but some very nifty makeup - or perhaps, a rare disease - had made them looked like skinned dogs. They looked very much like monsters. So the stranger...the first stranger...wasn't completely insane, she thought.

Regardless, Jessica assumed that their little scene wasn't part of a silly TV show or movie, because everything looked very...real. And there was no video camera in sight, as she learned after she looked around her, the dogs' putrid breath faintly making the air heavier.

The first stranger immediately jumped into action and impaled his pipe into one of the creatures' mouth, making a sick sound that instantly made Jessica nauseous. The first stranger was not only somewhat sane, he was also dependable, Jessica thought. Then Jessica thought about how she had been thinking a lot in the last few minutes.

But there was no time to think, for there were still two more monstrous dogs surrounding them. Jessica's mind registered panic and the direness of their situation. She prepared to use her camera as a weapon by holding the belt attached to it, readying herself to swing. The camera was pretty heavy and could be lethal if swung with enough force.

"Hey, you… Uh, woman!" the first stranger shouted behind his back. "Get back!" He ordered. "I don't want you to die, or your meat to get soiled by these monsters!"

Well, that was certainly something else. So he was a cannibal...or at least, it would be best to assume that he was a cannibal. However, the pressing matter were the dogs - and the second stranger, by extension - and Jessica followed his instructions without saying anything. She didn't want to die nor to get her meat soiled either.

Jessica's body hardened and she tried her best to mimic a fighting stance, her prized camera ready to be used as a weapon. She entrusted her back to the cannibal stranger, at least for now.
===
Inventory
Shoulder bag:
Laptop and its charger
Spare underwear (1)
Checkered shirt (1)
Bottled water, 1.5L
Ham sandwich

Camera bag:
Spare battery
Spare memory card
USB

Jeans' pockets:
Wallet
Handkerchief

On hand:
Camera

Last edited:

Niihyl

Posthuman
Tasered genitals. Ooh, this is going to piss someone off. And it feels like something out of Saw. Or Scary Movie more like. Just that ridiculous.

An axe… well, we could probably find one. Just picking up a until-now unnoticed axe would be pretty stupid though.

Luka Rakhmelevich

Luka wanted to lie down. Take some Aspirin, drink some water, and lie down. He wouldn’t be running around like this. But then again, adrenaline screws with your head and your body. You don’t feel it as much if you’re on the verge of imminent death.

Luka winced as the shovel whipped past his face and flung dirt and blood at him. He saw that Leizel had been bitten. That would need treatment, and fast. Who knew how infected this thing was. The bloodied earth would be a problem as well. Luka glanced at the professor, and Alex.

The monster was preparing to attack again. It stepped forward and raised the shovel. This fight was horribly lopsided. No matter how hard he hit it, it’d hardly get injured. But one strike from it would take any of them out for good, just like Professor Pumice. There was no point in fighting it. It’d wear them down. Both of them were injured already. The only choice… run. Run like hell. They wouldn’t be able to take Pumice with them, but he was pretty much guaranteed dead already.

Luka leapt forward, and roll/crawled between the thing’s legs, as it swung down. As he did so, he whipped out his taser and drove it straight up. Crude, but whether you were an animal, a human, or anything in between, undiluted electricity to the genitals was probably not a pleasant experience. Did… the thing even have genitals…? Didn’t matter at all, and Luka wasn’t going to spend time examining that. He picked himself up and shouted at Leizel and Alex.

“Guys! We can’t fight this thing! Run! Run back to camp! We can’t beat it! Get there, and get in the van! Leave Pumice… he’s dead already. We have to go! Run the thing over, or just get the hell out of here!”

Luka began sprinting… limping over to the van. Well, he was slow and… GRAH... In pain. A cursory glance showed blood trailing from his foot. Apparently the shovel had clipped his ankle. Nothing broken, else he wouldn’t be able to move at all… just a bad cut. From a rusty shovel. Fuck. He prayed that the tasering would buy them enough time… Drive Stun didn't cause paralysis though. Just pain, much more so than the cartridges. He kept a close eye on the monstrosity. What the hell had they gotten into?

Inventory

Backpack:
(2) Roll of Duct Tape
(4) Water Bottle
(7) x4 Granola Bars

Pockets/Hands/Belt:
(4) Taser X2 (In Right Hand)

Health:
70/100
-Heavily bruised ribs.
-Large cut on ankle. Tainted with rust. Likely to get infected unless cleaned.
-Small cuts and abrasions from crawling around on the ground.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(Nii): A bit unnecessary… but I can see how that plan of attack would come about.

*Dabble*

Dabble could hear the female moving and speaking behind him as he swung his shovel downward, he remembered one of her words, though not exactly what it meant “Now…”

The male was quick, darting beneath Dabble. Dabble felt a very unpleasant sensation from below. It was that weapon again. Convulsions of pain paused Dabble’s progress. The shovel hit the ground with less force than it had the first time, then falling completely out of Dabble’s hand it made a thud as Dabble doubled over in pain.

Dabble roared, still down low to the ground. There was screaming, “…go… out…” Dabble looked over his shoulder. The injured Man was moving away as fast as he could, trying to leave the corrupt woods.

No, not him, Dabble couldn’t let this one get away, he had to die. Dabble reached down and grabbed his shovel, then jerked painfully into an upright position. Dabble held the shovel over it’s head and roared loudly. It was an intimidation tactic, but often it worked.

Dabble then shifted the shovel into one hand, and hurled it towards the man. It whizzed past his head, missing by inches, and stuck into a nearby tree. Dabble hissed, an unearthly sound. He galloped forward at the man, head down, ready to bite.

Inventory:
Rusty Shovel (stuck in tree, temporarily)

Health
92/100
- very tense and sore from being tased
- Cut over left eye

FallenSanity

Ruby in the Diamonds
--) Renatus

Renatus writhed around in pain. His acute hearing picked up most all noises in this god forbidden city, and the sounds of battle were ringing heavily in his mind. He tried to clutch his head, but his arms could not get anywhere near close enough. He banged himself against the walls, small trails of dirt failing in from the ceiling. He looked up, or at least motioned as if he was doing so, and attempted to reach up and tear the ceiling in, but again was proven unable to do so.
Renatus roared, though it was only able to reach the entrance of the mine, as he started his search again. He smashed and hurled anything not held down, in hopes of revealing something he had not seen before. And then, by a stroke of luck, he saw it. A single, polished black stone, sitting on what looked like a stone shelf, in a clearly unnatural place. Renatus walked over to it, wincing as the noises overhead continued. He was able to move the rock by simply bashing the wall, and as it fell, the leather diary fell open on the shelf, its dirty torn pages open and free for the world. Renatus eyes widened within their helm, as he saw the glorious tales that could be written within this tome.

This could be all he needed to gain all knowledge of these endless mines!

Renatus reached up, and sadly, was unable to reach the book. He went silent and still, as he tried again. And again. And again. And again! Before he finally snapped, and rammed into the wall over and over, to no avail; the book sat still, unmovable. Renatus had spent so long for this book, only to be incapable of getting it in his hands, and finally reading from it's mysterious pages.
But his attention was drawn away form the final step of his quest by the sounds of combat from above, causing him to lurch backwards, as the sounds of electricity burning against flesh drilled into his mind. Whatever it was that was causing this noise, it was starting to become a nuisance. Renatus looked over to the unreachable book, and roared furiously as he left the room again, and began to make his way to the exit of the mines. This being was causing him some severe damage, and was starting to give the minions of these mines reason to disobey the rule of Renatus.

--) Inventory
The Great Pick (Hidden in the mines)

Team Brushfire

A duck I am.... Not.
(OOC: @Rheine Awww thanks! :D )

Leizel Parker

Leizel was bleeding. Badly. The beast had managed to take out a pretty good chunk of skin thanks to its horrid teeth. The pain was tremendous, and she knew that at the rate she was bleeding, she would soon become dizzy and weary. there was no way the group could continue to battle the evil being without dying first.

Shen she looked back with her wrench in hand, Luka had managed to avoid the swoop of its shovel and slip under the beast, He then proceeded to taze it in a rather....unnerving loaction. Ouch. That would make almost anyone cringe just by the sight, and Leizel was no exception. Then, managing a grin, she yelled out praise: "Nice shot!" The hit had made it's mark; the creature dropped its shovel and succumbed to the intensity of the "thunder from down under".

As it collapsed, Luka looked over to her and Alex and took the thoughts right out of her mind; “Guys! We can’t fight this thing! Run! Run back to camp! We can’t beat it! Get there, and get in the van! Leave Pumice… he’s dead already. We have to go! Run the thing over, or just get the hell out of here!”

Leaving Pumice alone to die at the hands of the beast would prove difficult for Leizel, but Luka was right. He was only a hinderance to us now, and there were no true odds of saving him. She was hesitant to accept it, but with no other options, she said firmly: "....Alright." We had to worry about ourselves more than anything; otherwise, it would be game over for everyone. Following Luka's word, she broke out into a full blown sprint. No way would that demon kill her, nor anyone else.

...anyone else. She glanced back to find that Luka was unable to sprint fast enough. The wounds inflicted had taken a heavy toll on his body, and all he could muster was a limp. Even worse, the beast was up again and was ready to perform another charge, bearing his bloodied teeth and emitting a terrible hiss. She yelled in alarm: "C'mon! You gotta run faster! It's gonna charge at us again!" And just at that very second, the beast did exactly as predicted; and it wanted to take him down once and for all.

Leizel's thoughts were racing. What could she do? How could she get him out of danger this time!? Would he manage to jump out of harm's way on his own? Or would she bear witness to the primal slaughter of another human? She had never seen death before until today, and seeing it in action would only ruin her spirits even more. There was absolutely no way to block out the situation again, she had unwillingly run too far ahead. Out of fear. Out of greed of her own life. Now she had left a teammate behind. She looked back and waited, waited for something good to happen. Please, she thought, let something happen. Anything. Just let it be good...

Inventory:
Shoulder Bag
Pajamas (Shirt, pants)
Spare underwear (x2)
Spare hat (x3)
Notebook (x1)
Pencil (x7)
Flashlight (x1, small)

Cargo Pants

In Right Hand

On Ground
Flashlight (On, Medium, 83% Battery life)

Health
82/100
-Medium cut on right arm
-Huge bite wound on left arm, bleeding fast

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
OOC:

@VM: Don't worry, he's (she's?) adorable in a twisted way. Oh and hey, he was being courteous! No wait. I get it. He should've added a "please" in there somewhere, right? Oh the English language!

@Bushfire: Yeah, happy (by now probably) belated birthday from me too.

Oh and Universe, I wasn't sure if you were supposed to control the Ferals, or if we could do what we pleased with them. I'm going to assume the latter for now, just throw me a VM or something if you want me to change this post.

---

Elijah Reynolds

Elijah gave a quick glance behind his back to see if the woman had obeyed and, much to his joy, he found her in a fighting stance, a bit further away. Looking behind him was a mistake he would pay for, however.

The Feral he had tried to impale saw a chance for a counterattack and so, crouching its muscular body, it pounced against him. Its claws sunk into the vest and forced Elijah on the ground, once again hitting his back against a solid surface for the second time that day. Air again escaped from his lungs, slowing him from immediately fighting back.

He managed to avoid hitting his head, but the cap fell from his head and revealed his messy, bloodstained hair.

With the growling Feral on top of him, scratching away furiously and tearing away cloth and flesh alike, Elijah found himself crying out in pain, shaking the hand that still firmly held the pipe. Pain, intense, burning pain on his left arm, and the sound of flesh – his flesh being torn from the bones and muscle it was supposed to cover, the canine's breath… it all spoke of death. It reeked like death. It sounded like it.

Yes, death. It was close.

But it wouldn't get him..

Roaring, not unlike some of the monsters he had encountered in the village sometime in the past, Elijah pulled out the pipe and smashed it through the creature's stomach, forcing it upwards until it splattered blood from the Feral's back. He pulled his hand back and left his weapon there for the moment.

He didn't need a pipe.

Forcing himself upward and, at the same time pushing the monster away, he stretched his arms and grabbed the creature's jaws with bare hands. He held them in place, the two's eyes meeting for a second and to be sure, it wasn't the canine that held the scarier expression in that little exchange.

Kill.

And you will not die.

A smile, an enlightened – albeit more than just a little twisted – smile appeared on his face out of nowhere, and seemingly with little effort, he tore apart the feral's jaws, ripping and tearing until there was nothing left above the muscular neck.

But that wasn't enough.

He kicked the lump body further away and instantly attacked it, tearing it apart with bleeding hands. His own fingertips started to lose flesh from grinding against the thing's bones, but he didn't even notice. Pain meant nothing when adrenaline was pulsing through ones veins and making him blind.

He'd have to make sure the monster was dead. Make sure it wouldn't get up and he wouldn't be Death's next treat.

Treat? Oh yes; the only way to make sure they didn't come back was to…

But wait, he had a friend with him, where were his manners?

Elijah stopped his tearing. He didn't 'snap out' of a crazy state of mind, he didn't get a sudden realization that he was beating an already dead body, no. He just stopped and stood up, picking up the pipe that had fallen from the monster's torn body at some point.

He turned to the camerawoman and the two Ferals that had apparently decided she was the easier pray of the two by far. He held up the pipe, meaning to show the blood on it, even though it was hardly necessary; he himself was far bloodier than his pipe could ever be. Most of the blood belonged to the monster, but he was bleeding, too. His now extremely torn vest had protected his chest pretty well, but especially his left arm was bleeding from various places above his elbow, and it was a small wonder how well he could still move it. But, again, not quite being able to feel pain helped. A lot.

"I had to kill another one, again!" He sighed, sounding tired as if it had been a boring household chore. And then, noticed the predicament his 'friend' was in.

"Oh, here, let me kill one more..." He took a fighting stance and edged closer, excitement filling his eyes as he approached and eyed the canines hungrily.

He had killed one. That meant he was that much closer to surviving through this, as well. Ah. He hadn't even remembered how wonderful this feeling was. Now, he wondered, how good would it feel when he killed another one?

---

Inventory:

On belt:
Flashlight x2
Knife x1

In pockets (vest & pants):
Lighter x1
Cigarettes x10
Wallet x1
Keys for one of the police cars x1
Cellphone x1

On hand:
(Extremely) bloody metal pipe x1

Niihyl

Posthuman
Crowning moment of awesome. Totally.

Luka Rakhmelevich

Fight or flight. What with his injuries, which were more severe than they should have been. He hadn’t been fighting for long… but already too hurt. He was rather out of shape. Doing better than expected against a goddamn sapient demonic hell-horse though. He was lucky to be alive. But now, it felt like he had adrenaline in place of blood.

The thing was pissed. It roared with great fury, and Luka refrained from flinching. Predators don’t expect that from helpless fleshy prey. Which he was. And injured too… but an injured animal is dangerous, and humans are just rather smart animals. It hurled the shovel at him, and it impacted right next to his face, in a tree.

This time Luka flinched. Sounds and horrifying imagery may not have fazed him much, but fast moving metal objects were rather dangerous. This… this was his chance. Clipping his taser to his belt, he grabbed the shovel with two hands, propped a foot against the tree, and pulled with all his might. It was stuck fast. Crap. But it was a shovel, not a throwing knife. And throwing knives are unreliable as is. It probably wouldn’t be stuck straight on…

Luka began to scream. “YOU! FUCKING! SON OF A BITCH! I’LL TEACH YOU A LESSON! THROWING YOUR WEAPON… NEVER WORKS!!!”

Martial arts people shout when performing moves sometimes. It’s called ‘Kiai’ in Japanese. The word means ‘unification of spirit/mind/will’. Supposed to represent the focused stance, body, and will. And allowing your ‘ki’ to flow. Luka didn’t know about all the technical details. It just distracted him from the pain of trying to dislocate his own shoulders.

He braced himself harder, noticing the mad charge that was getting very, very close… and he felt it give.

The shovel swung around extremely fast, nearly tossing Luka to the ground. The shovel hurtled towards the incoming maw of the beast. That bastard was going down. At the very least, he was going to take out its teeth, and make sure that it wouldn’t enjoy eating him. Or eating anything ever again other than soup and tofu.

Amazing how petty you can be when on the brink of death.

Inventory:

Backpack:
(2) Roll of Duct Tape
(4) Water Bottle
(7) x4 Granola Bars

Pockets/Hands/Belt:
(4) Taser X2 (Clipped to Belt)
(6) Dabble’s Rusty Shovel (In both hands)

Health:
70/100
-Heavily bruised ribs.

Rheine

Stabby McStabface
Jessica Hayden
===
The two monstrous dogs were still eyeing Jessica, looking perhaps for the easiest parts to sink their teeth in. Likewise, Jessica didn't look away from them, even though the longer she looked at them, the more she noticed how sickening they were. The camera dangling from her hand felt heavier than she had ever noticed.

In a flash, the sound of a struggle came from behind her. It sounded like the feral canine attacked the stranger, as she could hear his wounded cry. She hoped that he would not die, not yet. If he died, Jessica wouldn't stand a chance at all, three against one. But she didn't take her eyes off the prowling beasts.

Thankfully, the thump sounded like the stranger was able to use his pipe on the dog, knocking it away. A few seconds after that, the sound of bones creaking could be heard, along with something being tore and ripped. Who was killed?
Scared at the thought of the dog coming at her vulnerable back next, she was about to move so her back would face the wall, but thankfully the stranger stepped forward.

He was even bloodier than before, and his hat must had fallen from the struggle. His hair was also darkened by blood, just like his clothes. However, he didn't look weak nor tired. He raised his bloody pipe menacingly at the dogs.

"I had to kill another one, again!" He sighed; he sounded tired, but somehow Jessica felt that he wasn't really tired, only mocking. "Oh, here, let me kill one more..."

'Oh please, be my guest,' Jessica thought.

He took a fighting stance and edged closer. Jessica gulped, but she had a chance now, with this man at her side. His bloody pipe looked much more dependable as a weapon, but she knew that her camera was pretty durable as well, for she had absentmindedly dropped it more than a few times yet it still worked perfectly.

All at once, the feral dogs leaped, one towards Jessica and the other towards the stranger. Instinctively, Jessica swung the camera hard, and it hit the creature's neck with a crushing sound. The beast fell before its fangs could touch Jessica.

Before it could stand back up, she jumped on the dog's body to prevent it from retaliating. Not paying any attention to the fight going on with the stranger and the other dog, Jessica looked around the ground and found a brick laying next to the dog's body. Not wanting to further damage her camera, she laid it on the ground. Then she picked the brick up and bashed the dog's head with it. The sound and sensation it made were hardly pleasant.

It was struggling quite hard; Jessica had to use all her energy to keep the dog pinned as she kept hitting its head repeatedly. It was whimpering for a while, but as Jessica's hand became bloodier, the whimpers became weaker and finally stopped.

Jessica could hear her heart beating so fast. She never had to kill before, even though it was just a dog. Or was it?

---
Inventory
Shoulder bag:
Laptop and its charger
Spare underwear (1)
Checkered shirt (1)
Bottled water, 1.5L
Ham sandwich

Camera bag:
Spare battery
Spare memory card
USB

Jeans' pockets:
Wallet
Handkerchief

On hand:
Camera
Brick

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(Golden): Are you sure he’s still human? He seems a bit strong.

(Nii): Pretty sure, we’re not supposed to evade the swear filter, even in R/M rated RPGs… would have to check to be sure though.

*Dabble*

The girl started to run, she ran out ahead of the man with the weapon, screaming, “…faster…” Dabble remembered that word, and it seemed like an appropriate course of action in this situation. Dabble tried to speed up as he snapped at Luka. (I’m tired of tying longer sentences just because Dabble doesn’t know their names.)

Luka made louder noises than any that Dabble had yet heard the group make. He had hold of Dabble’s shovel, trying to dislodge it from the tree. He managed to free it. It swung around through the air, where Dabble snapped and caught it in his teeth, just above blade. His sharp teeth dug into the wood weakening it, he made a jerking move to pull it out of Luka’s hands. The shovel gave. There was a crack, and Dabble’s head jerked further than he’d expected, with the short half the shovel’s pole, and the shovel blade still in his mouth.

Dabble spat out the half a shovel into his hand. He now had a shorter weapon, a blunt metal object on one end, and a splintery wooden stake on the other. Dabble tilted his head, looking at Luka with his good eye. He raised the new weapon and jabbed for Luka’s shoulder.

Inventory:
Half a Rusty Shovel (blade end, sharpened wood on other)

Health
91/100
- Cut over left eye
- Splinters and small cuts in gums/mouth

OOC: My ablity/desire to post may be rather random for a while. My grandma passed recently and my sister is expecting her first child any day now.

Team Brushfire

A duck I am.... Not.
(OOC: @Vampiratemace Oh dear.... I'm so sorry to hear that. I send my condolences to you and your family, as well as a congratulations to your sister for her upcoming newborn!)
---
Leizel Parker

The sequence of events that unfolded looked like something out of an action scene. The creature hurled his shovel directly at Luka, but it missed by mere inches. Talk about a good stroke of luck. If that shovel had made its mark any closer, then the result would've been gruesome. But now the beast was unarmed; a perfect opening for another attack. That is, if she hadn't run so far ahead. Knowing the risks of further injury, Leizel began to run back. She couldn't leave anyone alone.

While running back, thoughts raced through Leizel's head: "How could they take this thing out just enough to make a proper getaway?" It hit her rather quickly; its eye. Earlier on, Luka was able to attack its eye using his flashlight, where it then went into a frenzy of blind attacks. Ever since then, it seemed to lack depth perception: it missed a perfect opening to kill Luka because the shovel blade landed in front of him rather than on him, and even just now it misjudged where it wanted to hurl the shovel. Smirking, Leizel ran around the monster's right side of where the action was taking place; in its blind spot. Or so she hoped.

She called out: "You gotta take out its left eye! That way we can get out of here without it being able to follow us!" ...Thinking about it afterwards, she began to doubt that he hadn't realized it before. He probably didn't even hear her over his massive stream of curses and adrenaline rush. Ah well, didn't hurt to try. She snuck around the brawling duo.

At the same second she got around them both, the shovel had snapped into two pieces. Oh no. Now the weapon had become even more deadly, and the beast knew it. It was now sharp and short, the ideal conditions for a fast strike or stab; but she had to strike faster. She needed to. As the beast tilted it's head to Luka, she came in and, with a powerful downward swing, thrust her wrench at the beasts face. She was getting angry, and wanted it to feel what its like to get a concussion. To feel how every one of its other victims felt as they died. Karma's a *****, ain't it?

Inventory:
Shoulder Bag
Pajamas (Shirt, pants)
Spare underwear (x2)
Spare hat (x3)
Notebook (x1)
Pencil (x7)
Flashlight (x1, small)

Cargo Pants

In Right Hand

On Ground
Flashlight (On, Medium, 83% Battery life)

Health
79/100
-Medium cut on right arm
-Huge bite wound on left arm (bleeding fast)
----
OOC: Well, that may be my last post for the weekend! Lots of homework to do, so little time. Stay cool, friends. Have a good weekend.

Last edited:

Niihyl

Posthuman
(OOC) Really? Sorry. Thought that since it was in character, made sense in context (world just went to hell, demonic horses trying to kill people, wounds, adrenaline high), and since it was R/M rated, it’d be alright. Asterisk censors work?

Sorry for your loss…

Luka Rakhmelevich

The thing bit the shovel. Honestly. That was a cut-short moment of drama. He’d expected more ‘horse demon on ground’. But now… well, this was bad.

The vibration ran up his arms, and he nearly dropped the shovel. Or… wooden stake. Hey, a stake. F*cking SHOULDERS. Ahem.

Leizel... was screaming something. Or maybe whispering. Nothing was altogether coherent.

She snuck around, and brought down a wrench to its skull. Well then. Simultaneously, the thing jabbed half a shovel at him. He yelped and dodged sideways. Luckily, he avoided the large stakelike wood, which would have probably broken something.His leather coat took most of the splinters, but a few punctured their way through. Pulling those out later wouldn’t be any fun, but they weren’t deep. Probably. Luka was numb, and couldn’t really tell.

Flipping the handle into his hand, and gripping the shaft, Luka feinted the shovel forward up at the horse’s face, and instead drove the shovel at its ankles. He let go of the shovel, and began running again. Ducking and weaving between trees to the best of his ability, he headed back towards the camp. It was there… but the distance felt long. Too long. It had only been a very short walk from camp to Pumice. Why… was it taking so long to get back?

He could see it through the trees… almost… there!

Inventory:

Backpack:
(2) Roll of Duct Tape
(4) Water Bottle
(7) x4 Granola Bars

Pockets/Hands/Belt:
(4) Taser X2 (Clipped to Belt)

Health:
65/100
-Heavily bruised ribs.
-Splinters in shoulder

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(T B): Thank you

(Nii): To be honest I didn't acturally check...

*Dabble*

Leizel was shouting again, “…out …left …out …” Dabble ignored her commands, she was just prey, and they didn’t make any sense anyways.

Crack! The girl’s big wrench made contact with the side of Dabble’s head, just as Luka moved out from under most of Dabble’s stake. Dabble made a short pained noise, a very low sound, then shook his head in a dazed manner, that hurt, it really hurt.

The man was off and running again, he was almost to the tree line before Dabble even noticed. His head was pounding, and his vision was blurry. Dabble hesitated, eyeing the man and then closer, the girl. Should he give chase? Out there in the open, they might have the upper hand, Dabble’s hunts went better in the shadows, he knew this much.

Dabble wasn’t sure if the girl was going to run or give fight though. He raised his stake defensively, but didn’t attack, instead he took a slow step back, wincing as he did so. His head hurt too much to continue fighting.

The evil spirits in Dabble knew this; sometimes it was best to let them run and wait eat them another day. Silent Hill had already poisoned them, they’d have them eventually. The OtherWorld started to fade as Dabble stepped slowly away form the humans. The trees regained their health, and leafy luster. And the soil again was a rich brown…

Inventory:
Half a Rusty Shovel (blade end, sharpened wood on other)

Health
70/100
- Cut over left eye
- Splinters and small cuts in gums/mouth
- Splitting Headache, quite possibly a mild concussion