• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Silly things you thought or believed when you were a kid

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
My family has a story about eating poisonous mushrooms involving three senior citizens. It’s really crazy. My mom’s grandmother convinced my dad’s parents that these mushrooms were edible and they all got sick. Three ambulances were called out and they were admitted into the hospital. Great grandma was so affected by the poison that she almost hit my dad and she had to be restrained. My grandpa was hitting on the nurses which was unlike him and grandma wasn’t happy about that. She blamed great grandma on it all because she didn’t think it was a good idea but she talked her into eating the fungi.

Did they all survive?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Did they all survive?
Of course they did. They didn’t eat that many of the mushrooms and they were taken to the hospital as soon as it was discovered they had eaten poisonous mushrooms. My grandparents lived to be in their 90s and I think great grandma lived another ten years. My mom would know how long she lived but she died a few years back.

On a related note I used to think if you died then you instantly became a ghost and your family would see you all the time. I sort of was right if you believe in the paranormal. I got in trouble before for saying this and was grounded but I didn’t know what I did wrong and my family never asked where I got that thought from which I would have answered honestly from an episode of Full House. I didn’t get the concept of death until a year later after some friends of the family had died. I thought you could get them to return by getting their ghost.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
On a related note I used to think if you died then you instantly became a ghost and your family would see you all the time. I sort of was right if you believe in the paranormal. I got in trouble before for saying this and was grounded but I didn’t know what I did wrong and my family never asked where I got that thought from which I would have answered honestly from an episode of Full House. I didn’t get the concept of death until a year later after some friends of the family had died. I thought you could get them to return by getting their ghost.
I think it wasn't that hard to believe in it as a kid and also I believe that many people have had believed in it too especially those who haven't yet had an experience of grieving over the death of a family member. I kinda had a belief in it because I haven't had direct experiences with deaths of family members for a while until I was seven or eight, which was still quite young. I personally didn't really connect with that one because that family member lived so far away (he lived in another country) from me for almost my entire life that time so I didn't attend his funeral and as a result I didn't directly experience the grief.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I thought that Ireland and Scotland were the same country.
I thought that Ireland was part of the UK when I was a kid. Turns out that then I thought it completely wasn't until I realised that only Northern Ireland is part of the UK.

buskalilly

We were staying with my grandparents in Cornwall (the southernmost county of England) and took a ferry ride to Flushing, a cute and quaint little village with some nice parks.

Except, I screamed and cried and begged my parents not to take me to Flushing, promised I'd be a good boy.

It turned out that because when our goldfish died we flushed it down the toilet, I thought "going to Flushing" meant my parents were having me killed.

My mum loves telling that story . . .

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
I thought people that posted to misc. were the coolest. Most of them are banned now.