• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Silly things you've done

Emilia

Relapsing
What careless things have you done in Pokémon? I recently raised a Ralts to a lv. 100 Gardevoir because of its good Sp. Atk IV, not noticing that it was Jolly. What a waste.

cantavanda

Blue Rose Princess
I once tried to EV train my level 70 starter for three hours but nothing happened! I was just in the beginning of knowing how to EV train, so I didn't know about the limits and stuff.

Moog2

Must stay awake...
I got a Wurmple to level 100.

And somehow, it was still terrible.

Then later, I ran away from a shiny Wurmple because I thought my game was glitching. I had never seen a shiny before.

Yeah, Wurmple and I go waaaaaaaaaaaaay back...

Ana_Julía

The Girl You Want!
Got a Jigglypuf at LV 50 and evolve it to Wigglytuf, because i thought it was a good pokemon '¬¬
(that happened in Pokemon Yellow)
The fact is....Jigglypuff is a way better (looking) poke. Wigglytuf just didn't make sense later! xD

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
when I started in silver, I caught muitiples of the same pokemon and nicknamed one cool, star, thwn "cool-star"...O yeah, and my rival was "Gary-M" XD

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Trying to hatch a bunch of Spinda to see how many different patterns I could get. That was pretty pointless.

Then many years later, I found out that there are like 4 billion possible combinations for Spinda's spots. Glad I quit that little hobby of mine when I did...

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
The only thing I could think of is sometimes getting a pokemon that is realistically a decent nature, but then still trying for over an hour to get a better nature one. Especially for pokemon with like a 5% rarity.

Bleu

Shiny Catcher!
What careless things have you done in Pokémon? I recently raised a Ralts to a lv. 100 Gardevoir because of its good Sp. Atk IV, not noticing that it was Jolly. What a waste.

I did the same, with a modest Ralts that had no IVs in Special Attack :D
So many wasted hours. I also missed a shiny Electrike patch with the pokeradar a few days ago.

KillerDraco

I was EV training a Gengar, only to notice afterwards that I had accidentally put a Power Band on it instead of a Power Anklet. Fail.

Earendil

Trying to hatch a bunch of Spinda to see how many different patterns I could get. That was pretty pointless.

Then many years later, I found out that there are like 4 billion possible combinations for Spinda's spots. Glad I quit that little hobby of mine when I did...

I did the same thing back in Ruby; I went and caught a whole PC box of them to see how many there were. I still have all 30 just sitting on my cartridge. Like you, now I know better!

Laurelai

I only researched half of the information needed to EV train my pokies.... I managed to get the pokerus somehow and I thought that was all. So I bred the ones I wanted, put pokerus on them and went out and fainted wild pokies left and right, completely failing to cultivate the proper EVs

HetaOni

Chesaught
I got a Wurmple to level 100.

And somehow, it was still terrible.

Then later, I ran away from a shiny Wurmple because I thought my game was glitching. I had never seen a shiny before.

Yeah, Wurmple and I go waaaaaaaaaaaaay back...
This made me LOL.

I got a spiky-eared Pichu to level 100, forgetting that it can't evolve.

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Oh, where to begin? Well, in my first Pokémon game, which was Firered, I found out you could catch Pikachu in Viridian Forest (the sad part is because I was ~7 years old). I was trying to find a Female one, and I found one. I didn't know what a shiny Pokémon was, but I thought all female Pikachu made a little sparkle-thing, so I caught it and trained it to a Lv 55-ish Raichu by the E4. I won with just Raichu (my second highest Pokémon was a Venesaur, and it was in its 30s or 40s). Went on to the Sevii Islands, and by the E4 rematch, Raichu was about Lv 80-90-ish. I lost against Lance. I then discovered the trade on Cinnabar Island where a guy trades you his Electrode for your Raichu. Bye-bye, shiny Raichu. I haven't found a shiny on any of my many playthroughs since.

I read something online about finding Eevee in tall grass in Firered, so I ran around for hours trying to find one. Did something similar with Swablu, who was adorable to me at the time.

I wasted my Masterball on a Lv 50-something Fearow, probably thinking Prof Oak would just give me another one.

I freaked out when my Pokémon fainted and my screen went black. I thought I had lost the game; that was it-- no more Pokémon...

I also freaked out when one of my Pokémon fainted, because I thought it was dead.

A little weird, but I ran around like crazy trying to find a bathroom, and I tried to potty-train my Pokémon, because I was really weird... Let's just say I thought the ledges were rows of.... waste.

I didn't know how to use the dowsing machine in Firered for about 2 years. When it said you should dig around with your hands, I thought the character would bend down and actually start digging.

That's all I got for Firered blunders for now; will probably be back

Soperman

The One and Only
Im playing HG again, and I decided it would be a great idea to train a Spinarak from level 5 to 15, purely on wild pokemon -.-"
Of course, it wasnt until several hours later that I realized that it cant learn anything good. At all. Ever.
Not that training anything on wild pokemon is a good thing, but still