• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Silly things you've done

Emilia

Relapsing
What careless things have you done in Pokémon? I recently raised a Ralts to a lv. 100 Gardevoir because of its good Sp. Atk IV, not noticing that it was Jolly. What a waste.

cantavanda

Blue Rose Princess
I once tried to EV train my level 70 starter for three hours but nothing happened! I was just in the beginning of knowing how to EV train, so I didn't know about the limits and stuff.

Moog2

Must stay awake...
I got a Wurmple to level 100.

And somehow, it was still terrible.

Then later, I ran away from a shiny Wurmple because I thought my game was glitching. I had never seen a shiny before.

Yeah, Wurmple and I go waaaaaaaaaaaaay back...

Ana_Julía

The Girl You Want!
Got a Jigglypuf at LV 50 and evolve it to Wigglytuf, because i thought it was a good pokemon '¬¬
(that happened in Pokemon Yellow)
The fact is....Jigglypuff is a way better (looking) poke. Wigglytuf just didn't make sense later! xD

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
when I started in silver, I caught muitiples of the same pokemon and nicknamed one cool, star, thwn "cool-star"...O yeah, and my rival was "Gary-M" XD

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Trying to hatch a bunch of Spinda to see how many different patterns I could get. That was pretty pointless.

Then many years later, I found out that there are like 4 billion possible combinations for Spinda's spots. Glad I quit that little hobby of mine when I did...

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
The only thing I could think of is sometimes getting a pokemon that is realistically a decent nature, but then still trying for over an hour to get a better nature one. Especially for pokemon with like a 5% rarity.

Bleu

Shiny Catcher!
What careless things have you done in Pokémon? I recently raised a Ralts to a lv. 100 Gardevoir because of its good Sp. Atk IV, not noticing that it was Jolly. What a waste.

I did the same, with a modest Ralts that had no IVs in Special Attack :D
So many wasted hours. I also missed a shiny Electrike patch with the pokeradar a few days ago.

KillerDraco

I was EV training a Gengar, only to notice afterwards that I had accidentally put a Power Band on it instead of a Power Anklet. Fail.

Earendil

Trying to hatch a bunch of Spinda to see how many different patterns I could get. That was pretty pointless.

Then many years later, I found out that there are like 4 billion possible combinations for Spinda's spots. Glad I quit that little hobby of mine when I did...

I did the same thing back in Ruby; I went and caught a whole PC box of them to see how many there were. I still have all 30 just sitting on my cartridge. Like you, now I know better!

Laurelai

I only researched half of the information needed to EV train my pokies.... I managed to get the pokerus somehow and I thought that was all. So I bred the ones I wanted, put pokerus on them and went out and fainted wild pokies left and right, completely failing to cultivate the proper EVs

HetaOni

Chesaught
I got a Wurmple to level 100.

And somehow, it was still terrible.

Then later, I ran away from a shiny Wurmple because I thought my game was glitching. I had never seen a shiny before.

Yeah, Wurmple and I go waaaaaaaaaaaaay back...
This made me LOL.

I got a spiky-eared Pichu to level 100, forgetting that it can't evolve.

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Oh, where to begin? Well, in my first Pokémon game, which was Firered, I found out you could catch Pikachu in Viridian Forest (the sad part is because I was ~7 years old). I was trying to find a Female one, and I found one. I didn't know what a shiny Pokémon was, but I thought all female Pikachu made a little sparkle-thing, so I caught it and trained it to a Lv 55-ish Raichu by the E4. I won with just Raichu (my second highest Pokémon was a Venesaur, and it was in its 30s or 40s). Went on to the Sevii Islands, and by the E4 rematch, Raichu was about Lv 80-90-ish. I lost against Lance. I then discovered the trade on Cinnabar Island where a guy trades you his Electrode for your Raichu. Bye-bye, shiny Raichu. I haven't found a shiny on any of my many playthroughs since.

I read something online about finding Eevee in tall grass in Firered, so I ran around for hours trying to find one. Did something similar with Swablu, who was adorable to me at the time.

I wasted my Masterball on a Lv 50-something Fearow, probably thinking Prof Oak would just give me another one.

I freaked out when my Pokémon fainted and my screen went black. I thought I had lost the game; that was it-- no more Pokémon...

I also freaked out when one of my Pokémon fainted, because I thought it was dead.

A little weird, but I ran around like crazy trying to find a bathroom, and I tried to potty-train my Pokémon, because I was really weird... Let's just say I thought the ledges were rows of.... waste.

I didn't know how to use the dowsing machine in Firered for about 2 years. When it said you should dig around with your hands, I thought the character would bend down and actually start digging.

That's all I got for Firered blunders for now; will probably be back

Soperman

The One and Only
Im playing HG again, and I decided it would be a great idea to train a Spinarak from level 5 to 15, purely on wild pokemon -.-"
Of course, it wasnt until several hours later that I realized that it cant learn anything good. At all. Ever.
Not that training anything on wild pokemon is a good thing, but still