• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Silvally gets to hang out with the OU cool kids

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
This is the best location I know of for RMT threads, so I return from a long slumber to request your opinions! Though I have very little experience battling competitively, this team has proved to be rather powerful. I initially drafted it for a tournament I have soon, but have enjoyed testing it. I made this team with my favorite SM 'mon in mind, Silvally and its pivoting abilities.

748Toxapex_Dream.png

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Toxapex forms the core of the team as a method to tank attacks for its allies and be a solid stall pivot. It is also the lead, setting up a couple Toxic Spikes in the process. Scald, though pitifully weak, is mainly used to Burn physical leads or those who don't get Poisoned. Haze negates setup, and coupled with Recover, this starfish can stall all day if it wants to. Black Sludge is just the cherry on top for its recovery.

773Silvally_Fairy_Dream.png

Silvally @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- Parting Shot
- X-Scissor

Silvally here defines a main trend among this team: Pivoting. This one is designed to be switched in, shoot off a Multi-Attack or Flametrower, and switch back out again with a Parting Shot. X-Scissor is mostly just a placeholder move, though I have considered Iron Head. Despite the Special Attack hindering Nature, Flamethrower is still better than Fire Fang, and Fire coverage is important here.

778Mimikyu_Dream.png

Mimikyu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw / Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Leech Life

With Disguise and a Focus Sash, Mimikyu is guaranteed to get at least one or two attacks off. Swords Dance for setup, Play Rough and Shadow Claw / Shadow Sneak for STAB. Leech Life, with its upgraded status to being a usable move, was added for some unexpected recovery which is certainly helped by the Swords dance boost.

797Celesteela_Dream.png

Celesteela @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 SpA / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Leech Seed
- Air Slash

With its colossal weight and Steel typing, Heavy Slam is the go-to STAB attack. Earthquake is a good coverage move, with Leech Seed offsetting damage from the Life Orb. Its Speed is too low even with maximum investment, so a Brave nature is opted instead of an Adamant since I want to get some damage out of Air Slash. The EV spread is desinged to take advantage of Beast Boost to boost Attack, though it may be better to change that to Special Attack to power up its weakest move.

yQ95xnJ.png

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Knock Off

This is the psychical sweeper of the team, not much to say here. With the change to Mega priority in SM, Protect is no longer included and is replaced by Drill Run to take care of nasty Electric-types. Knock Off and Poison Jab are a must, with U-Turn making this one the other pivot of the team.

796Xurkitree_Dream.png

Xurkitree @ Grassium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Tail Glow

Now I always knew Xurxitree was OP as hell, but never have I experienced it. 173 base SpAtk? Count me in! Its Electric typing allows it to switch in to what Celesteela may not handle and hit them with a vengeful Hidden Power. One Tail Glow is enough to turn this big boss into destruction in alien form. Thunderbolt takes care of most things, and Grassium Z is held to go for a super-powered Bloom Doom on unsuspecting Ground-types. There is no SpAtk investment because really, does it really need any more power? It's better spent on longevity with a maximum HP-Speed spread, though the HP could easily go to defenses.

There is no wall that your boy can't break.

In testing this team, most threats seem to be covered. Mega Garchomp, however, proved a tough nut to crack. Each team member's flaws were able to be exploited by that overrated bastard. Similarly, though that very Pokemon does provide defensive coverage I need, I refuse to use it, for personal reasons. Additionally, the Toxic Spikes were too often either ineffective or negated by Poison types. It also seems that a Dark type is necessary here to provide Psychic immunity.
Silvally stays, though its Memory is interchangeable.