• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Similarities: Ash's Infernape and Trip's Gurdurr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
I wouldn't mind the trade being permanent, but that's just because Conkeldurr's my favorite non-legendary Fighting type of Gen V. Now, this might contrast with Tepig, who obviously evolves into the Fire/Fighting Emboar, but they'll be more likely to play up his Fire traits rather than his, well, Fighting type traits.

Cheren9000

Well, I hope that it won't be a permanent trade, just a trade to evolve their Pokémon, but then do a trade back so Ash will have Gigailith (I know, I spelt it wrong) and Trip will have Conkeldurr. Simple as that.

This. Ash and Trip should keep their Pokemon. They can just trade to evolve their pokemon, and then trade back. Players do that in the games.

Grey Wind

I don't think there's any similarities. Trip isn't like Paul; he won't release/trade Gurdurr for losing. And if Roggenrola evolves, they don't need to trade.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Mabye somthing happens, like Trip and Ash bump into each other and accidentally switch their pokemon, and neither notice until they've gone their seperate ways, and Ash spends the whole ep. trying to find trip to trade back his Gigalith.

Why would Ash get three fighting types? (assuming Tepig is going to evolve)

Ash could just battle Trip after leaving Nimbasa City and use Roggenrola, and Roggenrola could evolve into Boldore and Trip could tell Ash that Boldore and Gurdurr evolve by being traded. Then they trade, Gurdurr and Boldore evolve, and they trade back. Don't see why they need to repeat that whole Chimchar thing.

EeveeOfDarkness

Fire types rule!
Nope. I can't see the trade happening here. It's most likely gonna be just a normal evolution.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
This is what I've been thinking. At some point after Roggenrola evolves, Ash and Trip battle, Boldore vs. Gurdurr. It ends in a tie, and Trip reveals that both Gurdurr and Boldore evolve through trading, and asks Ash if he wants to temporarily trade Pokemon to evolve them. Ash isn't sure at first, but when both Gurdurr and Boldore express interest in the idea, he agrees to it. After the trade takes place, Ash sends out Gurdurr and Trip sends out Boldore, and the two Pokémon evolve. Then, Team Rocket enters the Pokémon Center in which the trade is being made, and uses a machine to suck up everybody's Poké Balls (and a special attachment for swiping Pikachu and Axew), but since Conkeldurr and Gigalith are already out of their Poké Balls, they don't get stolen. Ash and Trip team up to stop Team Rocket, Ash commanding Conkeldurr, and Trip commanding Gigalith. Once Team Rocket is defeated, and everyone gets their Pokemon back, Cilan tells them that Ash and Conkeldurr made a great team and worked together flawlessly, and says the same thing about Trip and Gigalith. The two rivals think about this and wind up agreeing to make the trade permanent.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Ash better not get Gurdurr/Conkeldurr. If there is any trade, it better be temporary. Roggenrola has personality and is really good with ash as he has bonded with roggenrola. Trip can either train his own pokemons or replace it with something else (Eelektross, Trip?).

DittoDude

The King of Town.
I highly doubt that the writers would have characters trade and plan to trade back, maybe something like Butterfree/Raticate?

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
i bet Team Rocket will have some kind of "event" where they all have to put their pokeballs in somethin, and ash puts in boldore and trip puts in gurdurr. and then TR runs off, and they get the bag back, and ash accidently picks up gurdurrs pokeball and likewise with trip, and they send them out to see if they are all right, and when they both pop out, they both evolve cuz ash sends out gurdurr without knowing.

I could actually see something like this happening. Except, both Ash and Trip are forced to use each other's pokemon, and they both realize a trade would be worth it. So they would trade.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
If I get my way, this whole thread will be irrelevant, as Roggenrola should not evolve in my mind.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I don't think Trip's Gurdurr is in same boat as Ash's Infernape was with Paul since I don't think Trip has such high expectations with it in battling power but I do think they will be a trade between Gurdurr and Ash hopefully future boldore to evole them only to later trade back to their proper owners.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I don't think Trip's Gurdurr is in same boat as Ash's Infernape was with Paul since I don't think Trip has such high expectations with it in battling power but I do think they will be a trade between Gurdurr and Ash hopefully future boldore to evole them only to later trade back to their proper owners.

Amaranth

Swag
You are really, really clutching at straws here. This kind of argument could be made for almost any Pokemon; is Pansage like Ash's Bulbasaur because it is strong unevolved and a grass type? They also both know Solarbeam!

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Infernape and Gurdurr are similar but unlike Paul, Trip will try to train it and not swap it for something else. He wants to be better than ash, so for him to have his pokemon and say it is stronger than his former pokemon is stupid. Any trade between them would only be temporary. I like Roggenrola and I am torn whether it should evolve or not. If it will end up like Torterra, leave it as a Roggenrola, but if it is torterra done right, evolve it all the way.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
to those of you saying Ash can't have three fighting types, i'd think carefully about that one because, by the end of sinnoh he had three ground types. Torterra, Gible and Gliscor

granted i'm not really seeing them trading perminantly either, but the option could happen as the writers decide who Ash ends up with.

I really wouldn't like it myself because it strips Ash of his first captured rock type (unless they plan on giving him another one.) but considering Palpitoad's out of no where capture i wouldn't rule anything out at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.