• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Similarities: Ash's Infernape and Trip's Gurdurr

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
LOL, they don't have a single storyline for Trip's pokemon going at all. Usually they foreshadow this stuff right away:

- Aipom liking contests was mentioned right off the bat, Buizel was always interested in battling

- Chimchar's storyline was also brought up very early.

This Pokemon has no storyline, people need to stop looking at past sagas and applying it to this.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
LOL, they don't have a single storyline for Trip's pokemon going at all. Usually they foreshadow this stuff right away:

- Aipom liking contests was mentioned right off the bat, Buizel was always interested in battling

- Chimchar's storyline was also brought up very early.

This Pokemon has no storyline, people need to stop looking at past sagas and applying it to this.

so it's ok for you to use past ordeals, patterns and occurances when you see fit, yet when others do it, it's wrong.

way to contradict yourself.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
so it's ok for you to use past ordeals, patterns and occurances when you see fit, yet when others do it, it's wrong.

way to contradict yourself.

First of all, Trip's Gurdurr has no real distinguished personality. Second of all, just because we see it lose twice people think its going somewhere? What sense does this make? One of Trip's pokemon had to lose to Cilan, what difference would it have made if Trip used the Ice cream instead and lost?

Lastly, nothing Trip has ever done would show he has any interested in getting rid of Pokemon. He doesn't release pokemon because they're weak like Paul did.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i don't see any parallels with Gurdurr and Chimchar either.

But if they do trade (which is possible given these pokemon have no excuses not to be to evolve unlike thier item using kin like Politoad and Electrivire) it COULD be perminant.

After all do we really know Trip as much as we think we do? Sure he's not Paul, he's not Gary either but I don't think we've seen enough of his inner character (other than the fact he admires Alder and wants to be strong.) to really gauge him.

It wouldn't be the pokemon deciding things, it would come down to how Ash and Trip handle it.

Jak2551

~SHARK FIGHTA~
I dont think the trade applies in the Anime. When mistys Poilwarth evolved in to a politoad,it just picked up the rock and evolved, there was no trade involved.

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
Similarities? Uh....

They're both Fighting-type?

Gurdurr just feels like another random offscreen catch. I don't think it's going to have any significance in the story.

Karpi

Forever a pirate
First of all, Trip's Gurdurr has no real distinguished personality. Second of all, just because we see it lose twice people think its going somewhere? What sense does this make? One of Trip's pokemon had to lose to Cilan, what difference would it have made if Trip used the Ice cream instead and lost?

Lastly, nothing Trip has ever done would show he has any interested in getting rid of Pokemon. He doesn't release pokemon because they're weak like Paul did.

Actually, maybe they did make it Gurdurr that loses on purpose. I mean, we all think that ice cream is a weak pokemon, so to make Trip threatening they shouldn't show ice cream losing all the time, whereas we all know Gurdurr will evolve into a powerful pokemon

Haru Glory

Rave Master
If there will be a trade, it'll be permanent, not just to evolve them.

Or, if you still hope in that, they'll trade, have a battle with their new powerhouses (and they didn't knew about their TradeEvo), double KO 'cause they can't use them well, and then trade back.

Too much, but it's a good hope.

If there will be a trade, it'll be permanent, not just to evolve them.

Why will it be permanent? I think it's very possible that they trade just to evolve Gurdurr and "Boldore".

And it sounds a lot more possible than them trading for the hell of it, then saying "Oh look! They evolved lol bye". Besides, Ash wouldn't get three fighting type pokemon, especially if he has to trade his rock type for it.

Last edited:

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
well back in johto poliwhirl evolved into Politoed with out trading with the king's rick

Hold items like King's Rock acted more like evolution stones in the anime.

well back in johto poliwhirl evolved into Politoed with out trading with the king's rick

Who's Rick?

Trip isn't going to release Gurdurr, and he isn't going to trade it to Ash. Come on, it only lost twice.

If they do trade, it should be when/if Roggenrola evolves, so they can become Gigalith and Conkeldurr. Then they trade back. It shouldn't be permanent, because then Ash would have three fighting types.

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori
Ash isn't going to trade Roggenrola (or Boldore) just so it can evolve. If he trades it, there will be another reason.

Ash isn't going to trade Roggenrola (or Boldore) just so it can evolve.

And how would you know that? They would trade back after.

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I dont think the trade applies in the Anime. When mistys Poilwarth evolved in to a politoad,it just picked up the rock and evolved, there was no trade involved.

Yeah....? Well try giving me an example where a Pokemon evolves solely through trading(no items) in the anime. Oh thats right, it hasn't happened yet.

Ash isn't going to trade Roggenrola (or Boldore) just so it can evolve. If he trades it, there will be another reason.

If Ash does get Boldore, I think its quite obvious he will trade with Trip's Gurdurr so they can evolve.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Yeah....? Well try giving me an example where a Pokemon evolves solely through trading(no items) in the anime. Oh thats right, it hasn't happened yet.
Well your right on that note, but we have seen wild Gengar and Golem before, so you can't tell me all pokemon that evolve by trade were released by their trainers....

If Ash does get Boldore, I think its quite obvious he will trade with Trip's Gurdurr so they can evolve.
But just because I posted what I did above, doesn't mean I don't support this...in fact I want it to happen just so Trip and Ash can connect a little more

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori
And how would you know that? They would trade back after.
If a trade does happen, there will be another reason and the evolution will just be a bonus.

Either that or trade evolutions would be something Ash didn't know about and wants to see it happen for himself. Then he will miss his pokemon and will want it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.