• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Simple Beatdown/Destruction Deck

Yatano

Simple Beatdown/Destruction Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck

Note: I don't have very many cards anymore as I ended up moving and most of them ended up being left somewhere. Also this deck is going to be used to fight a deck that uses The Winged Dragon of Ra and Synchro monsters. My collection of cards now is mostly from the middle of Yu-Gi-Oh! to the beginning/middle of Yu-Gi-Oh GX, as well as a few sporadic cards from the newer series. I am unfamiliar with the Synchros and Xyz's so I don't use them. Also there won't be any Side Decks.

Monsters (25)
Howling Insect x2
Nobleman-Eater Bug x2
Slate Warrior x1
D.D. Assailant x1
4-Starred Ladybug of Doom x1
Needle Worm x1
The Forgiving Maiden x1
Gemini Elf x1
Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer x1
Fox Fire x1
Charcoal Inpachi x1
Cyber Gymnast x1
Ancient Lamp x1
Golem Sentry x1
Gundari x1
Infernal Dragon x1
Luster Dragon x1
Vorse Rider x1
Beast King Barbaros x1
Royal Magical Library x1
Legendary Fiend x1
Insect Knight x1
The Winged Dragon of Ra x1

Spells (14)
Mystical Space Typhoon x3
Tribute to the Doomed x1
Level Limit - Area B x1
Different Dimension Capsule x1
Pot of Greed x1
Monster Reborn x1
Lightning Vortex x1
Gravekeeper's Servant x1
Riryoku x1
Pot of Avarice x1
Change of Heart x1
Spell Absorbtion x1

Traps (21)
Draining Shield x2
Magic Cylinder x2
Sakuretsu Armor x2
Trap Hole x2
The Transmigration Prophecy x1
Magical Arm Shield x1
Staunch Defender x1
Gravity Bind x1
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Call of the Haunted x1
Metal Reflect Slime x1
Magic Jammer x1
Ordeal of a Traveler x1
Covering Fire x1
Judgement of Anubis x1
Spirit Barrier x1
Deck Devastation Virus x1

Total Cards: (60)

Simple Strategy:
Get out any monster, preferably Fox Fire, and combine it with Spirit Barrier. Get out Ordeal of a Traveler and Gravekeeper's Servant to protect my monsters, life points, and hopefully have opponent mill through their deck to get rid of Tuners and hopefully a Winged Dragon of Ra. This will also be helped out by Needle Worm's effect. If I get Infernal Dragon and Deck Devastation Virus in my hand I will play those to mill. If Ra ends up in the graveyard Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer will remove it from play and keep my cards where they belong. At any time, combine Gundari and Spirit Barrier together if the opponent ends up summoning a Synchro monster. Finally, have 3+ monsters on my field which can be tributed for my Ra.

Last Resort:
My last resort would be to play Level Limit - Area B and/or Gravity Bind to lock the field somewhat while I find Ra or Beast King Barbaros then use a Mystical Space Typhoon to get rid of either lock.

Additional Notes:
I was contemplating whether or not I should play Horus in this deck or add in Downgrade so I can attack with Gundari, Insect Warrior, Gemini Elf, Slate Warrior, or Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer if I have Gravity Bind out.

Please let me know what you think of the deck, how playable it is, and some cards that I should add/take out. No mean comments please, all I want is constructive criticism.

Last edited:

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Well first off. Get your card count lower, you need to keep it around 40 cards. and in the title of the thread can you put what game it is (Magic or YGO) then the format, (Traditional, or Advanced). I would say 2 BTH (Bottemless Trap Hole). Aat least 1 Mirror Force and a Solemn Judgement and maybe a Solemmn Warning. Take your creature count down to about 18, your spells to about 14, and the rest is traps. and you said in your strategy that it might get rid of an opponents Winged Dragon of Ra. Not many people run them. Not many people run the Egyptian Gods in general because it takes to long to get them on the feild and IIRC They were only printed in Shonen Jump as limited edition so people woldn't like to use them anyway they would put them in a binder or something.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
ooohhh okz then.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
ok if I do think of anything I'll let you know.