• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Simple guide to deck building

kuroneko

14-18 energy is the standard amount. I was a judge at one of the Cities and from deck-checking I can say that no-one had over 20 energy in there deck. Infact, I haven't seen anyone but little kids with over 22 in there deck.
If you don't know what you're talking about then I request you don't offer advice.

I have 28 energy in my deck and I need most of them If not all off them.

darkrai2cool4u

Another Headbanger
My deck has some eeveelutions, jolteon, vaporeon, and glaceon. It also has an empoleon evolution set and some other pokemon My card ration is 21 pokemon, 19trainers, and 20 energys. Oh yeah, could you guys tell me how to change the picture under your username and also were to make the trainer card thing? TY!

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I have 28 energy in my deck and I need most of them If not all off them.

Well what can I say, out of the 300+ people I was judging in the last few months and all of the people I've battled over the years, none of the people (except for a few little kids) had more than 22 energy in there decks.
Since alot of the people there are being invited to Worlds, they must know something you don't.:p

kuroneko

SkittyOnWailord said:
Since alot of the people there are being invited to Worlds, they must know something you don't.

Really?
Good for those friends of yours who are going to Worlds. I don't care.

Do the world a favor and think before you speak.

I may not be a master or a turnament judge or a professor but the fact that you are one doen't give you the right to go insulting people like that.

I don't know if you know but there is a phrase that says something like this:

"I play to have FUN not to have a pretty trophy on my wall."

Learn it and then we can talk.

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Really?
Good for those friends of yours who are going to Worlds. I don't care.

Do the world a favor and think before you speak.

I may not be a master or a turnament judge or a professor but the fact that you are one doen't give you the right to go insulting people like that.

I don't know if you know but there is a phrase that says something like this:

"I play to have FUN not to have a pretty trophy on my wall."

Learn it and then we can talk.

I wasn't trying to be rude. I was just trying to help you make a better deck. If you don't want help then you shouldn't post in the "Rate My Deck" section.
And I do think before I speak. Maybe you should do the same.

kuroneko

What i meant is that we can hurt people by what we say or do with out the intention of doing so.

I'm sorry I got emotional. Its just that I'm fed up with comments like "Ok pu in 2 pokemon 1 energy and 57 trainers you may not even have or may not be capable of getting."

I live in Mexico City so I have no easy access to the TCG so plz take this into account when rating any of my decks. Sometimes the best I can do is having 28 energies in one deck(I've already reduced that number to 21 but with an extra ordinary effort and some not-that-good trainers).

Let me say I'm sorry one more time. Next time plz take into account that sometimes 28 energies and 12 trainers can be a good strategy, not always and not the perfect strategy but it worked(Kinda).

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
What i meant is that we can hurt people by what we say or do with out the intention of doing so.

I'm sorry I got emotional. Its just that I'm fed up with comments like "Ok pu in 2 pokemon 1 energy and 57 trainers you may not even have or may not be capable of getting."

I live in Mexico City so I have no easy access to the TCG so plz take this into account when rating any of my decks. Sometimes the best I can do is having 28 energies in one deck(I've already reduced that number to 21 but with an extra ordinary effort and some not-that-good trainers).

Let me say I'm sorry one more time. Next time plz take into account that sometimes 28 energies and 12 trainers can be a good strategy, not always and not the perfect strategy but it worked(Kinda).

Ok, I'm sorry too. I go to alot of hi-end tornamants and I need to make a very good deck in order to get anywhere. I'm not used to giving advice to normal players.
I think people need to start posting what kind of cards they have access to so that this problem doesn't happen again.

Last edited:

Dennix

Will the rules be updated?
Because, almost all of the cards that are mentioned are not useable anymore.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Will the rules be updated?
Because, almost all of the cards that are mentioned are not useable anymore.

You mean here? That modified legal card list is up to date. The only thing that isn't up to date is the example deck, and that can stay the way it is. Remember that the sets don't rotate out untill September 1st.

MetaHeatran

I am going to try
(I am a Beginner at his though)
Heatran x1
Metagross x1 (Don't have any more)
Metang x3
Beldum x3
Yanmega x1 (Don't have any more)
Yanma x3
Ledian x2 (Don't have any more)
Ledyba x2
Bronzong x1 (Don't have any more)
Bronzor x2
Dodrio x1 (Don't have any more)
Doduo x3
Poke Ball x1 (Don't have any more)
Cynthia's Feelings x1 (Don't have any more)
Buck's Training x1
Leftovers x1
Master Ball x1 (Don't have any more)
TV Reporter x1 (Don't have any more)
PokeNav x1 (Don't have any more)
Bebe's Search x2 (Don't have any more)
Dusk Ball x1 (Don't have any more)
Pokemon Retriever x1 (Don't have any more)
Lake Boundary (Don't have any more)
Crystal Shard (Don't have any more)
Team Galactic's Wager x1 (Don't have any more)
Potion x1
say how many i need in to add one paragraph
and one i need to subtract in one paragraph

darkrai2cool4u

Another Headbanger
lol, they need 2 update this to modified format

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Agreed. This was made 3 1/2 years ago. Pidgeot, Battle Frontier, Oak's Research, Wally's Training, e.t.c. can no longer be used in Modified, which most people play.

Heres's a list of cards mentioned that *gasp* CAN be used in Modified.

Switch
Potion
Rare Candy

Yeeeeaaah....

Last edited:

davester21

Just in case someone is fairly new, perhaps you should explain what the #-#-# stands for in terms of first number, second number, and last number.

I will prune through this thread if it gets too large, deleting posts which are edited in to the start of the thread.

*stickies*

heres my deck, tell me just what i need to do.

Regigigas FB
Togekiss x4
Dragonite FB
Gabite x2
Gibble x4
Skorupi x3
Mr. Mime x2
Baltoy x3
Mudkip x4
Marshtomp x2
Swampert
Empoleon SP x2
Cyrus's Initiative x2
Potion x3
Battle Tower
Night Teleporter
Water Energy x15
Psychic Energy x7
Double Colorless Energy

~Kurou

to see you smile
im going to the regonals.......................my deck is beast

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
Those aren’t the only ones, but they are some of the most affective the game has to offer.

Slight spelling error. It should be effective.

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
Grass/Psychic Unlimited (easy to read)

Sorry for double posting, but no ones posted in looonnngggg time and I really wanted to post this deck.

This deck probably isn't competitive play worthy, but it's a great deck among my friends, and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions to make it better.

Unlimited
I posted links of pictures of the card.
Decklist:

Pokemon:
Venusaur 13/147 x1
Ivysaur 62/147 x2
Bulbasaur 12/17 x1
Bulbasaur 93/147 x2
Ariados 20/123 x1
Spinarak 75/115 x1
Spinarak 103/123 x1
Munchlax 69/111 x1
Loudred 64/147 x1
Whismur 132/147 x2
Raticate G 78/147 x1
Lugia 2/17 x1
Muk 31/90 x2
Grimer 50/90 x1
Gengar 18/100 x1
Haunter 21/62 x1
Gastly 33/62 x1
Gastly 50/102 x1
Cresselia Lv.X 103/106 x1
Cresselia 2/106 x1
Giratina 4/146 x2
Shaymin 8/95 x1

Trainers:
Bebe's Search 109/123 x1
Night Maintenance 113/123 x1
Luxury Ball 86/100 x1
Switch 95/102 x1
Potion 94/102 x1 (with Black and White's errata, this card heals 30 instead of twenty)
Island Hermit 76/101 x1
Celio's Network 73/100 x1
Phoebe's Stadium 79/108 x2
Computer Search 71/102 x1

Energy:
11 Psychic Energy
12 Grass Energy

ven?

Kanto Region Champ

Do you have a post office if so I'm willing to trade energy returner cards to you for collector's items (basic one's I don't have).

To be honest, i've never seen anyone post a deck list that has an energy system, IE, e.restore, e.retrival, burned tower, power tree, fisherman's, etc. cards that return basic energy (I never make a deck without one, it make's the deck flexible and thins it out at the same time allowing new cards out of you're deck, a technique to actually increase synergy and draw power).

This above me is a deck list that shoulld be in the deck rating area >.>, I give it three goldfish. If you're going to run those kinds of trainers and supporter's, 1 is not going to do anything for this deck.

Power464646

The game
This deck is good, right?
Energy
3* 2 colourless
7* psychic
Pkmn
Gengar prime
Gengar lvx
Gengar stormfront
Haunter legend maker
2* Gastly stormfront
Gardevoir lvx
Gardevoir secret wonders
Gardevoir platinum
Kirlia secret wonders
2* Ralts platinum
Dusknoir lvx
Dusknoir dp
Dusknoir stormfront 17
Dusclops stormfront 35
Duskull secret wonders
Shiny Duskull
Uxie lvx
Uxie legends awakened
Giratina lvx
Giratina platinum 27
Mime jr call of legends
Train/support/stadium
3* lost world
4* rare candy
4* lv max
2* premier ball
4* pokédrawer +
1* twins
1* prof. Elm's training method
1* junk arm
1* lux ball
1* Bebe's search
1* Wally's training
1* Flower shop lady
2* night maintenance
1* gust of wind

Power464646

The game
Sorry for double posting, but no ones posted in looonnngggg time and I really wanted to post this deck.

This deck probably isn't competitive play worthy, but it's a great deck among my friends, and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions to make it better.

Unlimited
Decklist:

Pokemon:
Venusaur 13/147 x1
Ivysaur 62/147 x2
Bulbasaur 12/17 x1
Bulbasaur 93/147 x2
Ariados 20/123 x1
Spinarak 75/115 x1
Spinarak 103/123 x1
Munchlax 69/111 x1
Loudred 64/147 x1
Whismur 132/147 x2
Raticate G 78/147 x1
Lugia 2/17 x1
Muk 31/90 x2
Grimer 50/90 x1
Gengar 18/100 x1
Haunter 21/62 x1
Gastly 33/62 x1
Gastly 50/102 x1
Cresselia 2/106 x1
Giratina 4/146 x2
Shaymin 8/95 x1

Trainers:
Bebe's Search 109/123 x1
Luxury Ball 86/100 x1
Switch 95/102 x1
Potion 94/102 x1 (with Black and White's errata, this card heals 30 instead of twenty)
Island Hermit 76/101 x1

Energy:
11 Psychic Energy
12 Grass Energy

Too much energy.

OthersiderME

Captain Obvious

Unlimited
Decklist:

Pokemon:
Venusaur 13/147 x1
Ivysaur 62/147 x2
Bulbasaur 12/17 x1
Bulbasaur 93/147 x2
Ariados 20/123 x1
Spinarak 75/115 x1
Spinarak 103/123 x1
Munchlax 69/111 x1
Loudred 64/147 x1
Whismur 132/147 x2
Raticate G 78/147 x1
Lugia 2/17 x1
Muk 31/90 x2
Grimer 50/90 x1
Gengar 18/100 x1
Haunter 21/62 x1
Gastly 33/62 x1
Gastly 50/102 x1
Cresselia 2/106 x1
Giratina 4/146 x2
Shaymin 8/95 x1

Trainers:
Bebe's Search 109/123 x1
Luxury Ball 86/100 x1
Switch 95/102 x1
Island Hermit 76/101 x1

Energy:
11 Psychic Energy
12 Grass Energy

Too much energy.

23 is not too many energy. Though you may have too many grass energy and not enough psychic, since your deck seems to be mainly psychic types with less grass types.