1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Simple Symphony competition

Discussion in '7th Gen' started by Sceptile Leaf Blade, Jan 10, 2019 at 8:48 AM.

1. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Happy Minun

So the Simple Symphony competition was announced. Single battles, no megas, no box legendaries, no mythicals, and no pokémon that have more than one type (in any of their forms). Z-Crystals are allowed.

So, what do you think will be popular in this competition? And what will you use? I'm thinking about running Baton Pass Vaporeon with Goodra, and maybe also Sylveon in the same team. Not sure what else yet.

2. Silent_Jay

Silent_Jay Well-Known Member

Was hoping for a shiny Tapu Bulu prize but I guess that isn't on the cards, yet. evolution

I won't have time for it this time around anyway so have to give it a miss. The Type rule seems like it could diversify alot of teams though considering the amount of duel types there are now. I reckon Eeveelution based teams will be quite popular for this one.

3. shoz999

shoz999 Do you play competitive bro?

Meganium
    Clawitzer
    Raichu
    Ambipom
    Dusknoir
    Lycanroc

4. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

For starters, Xurkitree is having a moment to shine with z hypnosis/ tail glow. That combo is going to decimate people. Eevolutions are also going to be a thing since they are the most common mono type.

As for my team.

Dugtrio. (Non Alolan, set up and good for deleting Xurkitrees!) Espeon. (Magic bounce) Serperior. (Contrary!) Dusk Lycanroc. (Z celebrate buff when I'm not using Xurkitree.) Xurkitree for strategy I mentioned.

Finally, a Zangoose with Toxic boost, facade, knock off, close combat and detect. Easy to set up and easy to rip n tear! (One of the strongest facade users in the meta game!)