• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Simpson's General thread: When Pop Culture Elevated and Destroyed the Simpsons in Real Time & Pinchy

Did his character offend you?

• Total voters

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Maybe this thread could be renamed to better cover Simpsons news about self-censorship and stuff, I dunno

I'd be down.

You'd have to give me something to work with.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'd be down.

You'd have to give me something to work with.

I dunno, "South Park Was Right"? "Pepperidge Farm Remembers 'Itchy & Scratchy & Marge'"? "The Inner Collapse of the Zombie Simpsons"? "When Pop Culture Elevated and Destroyed the Simpsons in Real Time"?

Something along those lines.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I dunno, "South Park Was Right"? "Pepperidge Farm Remembers 'Itchy & Scratchy & Marge'"? "The Inner Collapse of the Zombie Simpsons"? "When Pop Culture Elevated and Destroyed the Simpsons in Real Time"?

Something along those lines.
No, woman the title must be "The Problems after Pinchy". Anything that happened after Pinchy got cooked in a hot bath is bad. @Mr. Reloaded you must do this! Respect Pinchy!

(And the amount of times they keep trying to incorporate whatever is hot at the moment today keeps being made into episodes and they turn out very bad. Pinchy wasn't involved in this!)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Done.

There wasn't enough room for both quotes though.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Oh my God my sides. Thanks @Mr. Reloaded, @Dragalge, that's beautiful.

Man... remember when The Simpsons was just super important to pop culture and television history and you couldn't escape its influence? I mean, you still can't escape, but it was everywhere and everything in the '90s. Maybe the 2000s, but I think pop culture moved on to Family Guy or South Park during that time or something. Maybe things fell apart after the movie, but it seems like it started before the movie. Can hardly believe it's been thirty years, really, it's pretty surreal.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Weirdly enough this thread hasn't mentioned that the problem with Apu wasn't that he existed, it's that he existed without representation from the group he's supposed to represent. His voice actor was even okay with being replaced with someone who was the same nationality. The problem wasn't that Apu existed, it's that the people writing him had no experience behind what it would be like to be the same nationality as the character.

Context matters, and it's not that Apu was bad. It was that people who felt represented by Apu wanted a voice in the character and the people who wrote him without taking it seriously and decided to pull the "Gosh to be offended" card. Basically in comedy don't punch down.