• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sin and Punishment

Anzua2

After re-watching Gurren Lagann, I was reminded of this piece of awesome.

Please, discuss this epic on-rail shooter here.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
I bought this offa Wiishop, and it was okay. It's pretty difficult, but mainly because the controls are wonky. I haven't gotten around to playing it much.

It's basically like StarFox 64, except you play as a weird teenager with a sword-gun who fights mutants and diabolical cats.

Chris

Old Coot
It's basically like StarFox 64, except you play as a weird teenager with a sword-gun who fights mutants and diabolical cats.
How the hell does it remind you of StarFox 64? If anything, it's more like Gunstar Heroes in 3D.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
How the hell does it remind you of StarFox 64? If anything, it's more like Gunstar Heroes in 3D.

Sounds like code for "BUY IT NOW YOU GODLESS HIPPIES."

Last edited:

Mewchirio

HornDrill has a point there though. What's Gunstar Heroes in 3D?

~Mewchirio~

Mewchirio

~Mewchirio~

Mewchirio

~Mewchirio~

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet

~Mewchirio~

He means if Gunstar Heroes, an incredibly awesome game, were in 3D.

Rave

Banned
Gunstar Freakin' Heroes in 3D?

This, I would love.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!

Are you kidding me? Both SAP and StarFox 64 were sci-fi rail shooters for the N64. They have similar play mechanics, and their storytelling is also set up in almost the same way. It was even described by Nintendo Power as being like StarFox 64.

Rave

Banned
Are you kidding me? Both SAP and StarFox 64 were sci-fi rail shooters for the N64. They have similar play mechanics, and their storytelling is also set up in almost the same way. It was even described by Nintendo Power as being like StarFox 64.

Nintendo Power can shut the hell up.

They never really know what the hell is going on in some games.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
Nintendo Power can shut the hell up.

They never really know what the hell is going on in some games.

I'll admit that this is the first time I've seen this many people get so worked up over some old Japanese 3rd-person rail shooter with a skewed control scheme. The game is good, but don't throw a fit over it.

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Mmm.... I love Treasure. :D

And Sin and Punishment was/is no exception. It's quite simply one of the best games out there.

Chris

Old Coot
Except you're not controlling a spacecraft, nor do you have full access to move from the top to bottom of the screen.

This is more like if Gunstar Heroes was in 3D and had become on rails.

And yes, that was code for "BUY IT NOW, YOU GODLESS HIPPIES!"

Fidgety Raichu

A SKITTY IS FINE TOO
I still stand by my opinion that this game was one of the best games for the N64.

Pretty much threatened my friends with death if they didn't nab this one for VC. None of 'em regret the purchase. Classic controller works okay once you find a configuration that makes sense to you and have a few goes in the Training Area. haven't tried this title with a Gamecube controller yet, I'd assume it would work well.

Treasure stuffing all of their wares on VC is far from a bad thing. All their VC titles so far have been quality, especially this one.

...ESPECIALLY Alien Soldier.

DarkHunter

Zagara Sanosuke
When my friend bought this game in the the Wiishop, I was like: "You wasted wii points!"
But now I see... it's a good game after all.

Nintandy

The Lost Mareep
I'm intrigued, especially since that Smash Bros update. It sounds alright, even though I know nothing about it. I'll probably check out the synopsis tonight on the Wii Shopping Channel :D. If it's a Nintendo exclusive though, and has all this positive feedback, I am sure it could be a worthy download.

-- Andy

BlackHeart

Gnarf Gnarf Gnarf
Judging by you guys reviews, it must be a good game. I should get this and some SNES game too...:/

Too bad it's 1200 points. I want to get Ocarnia too.