1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Single Animé Questions **READ BEFORE MAKING A THREAD**

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by OBSESSED WITH PKNM, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

Nope.

Misty had Staryu, Starmie, Goldeen, Horsea, Psyduck, and Togepi at one time. Then when she left Starmie and Horsea at the Gym she caught Poliwag so she still had more then four.

Brock had Geodude, Onix, Zubat, and Vulpix at one time. I think Pineco came after Vulpix was gone.

2. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Both Misty and Brock kept their entire Kanto teams when Johto started, so they both had around 5-6 pokemon throughout Johto.

It wasn't until AG started that Brock was only limited to 3 pokemon at a time.

3. sSerenity

sSerenity Well-Known Member

Why didn't you count May / Dawn as sidekick character but Misty & Iris ?

Random : You forget Psyduck & Togepi (egg, not a capture)

4. pokeaussie37

pokeaussie37 Well-Known Member

Question's answered, but having not watched the Original Kanto series I can't remember their teams :p

But I didn't count those two because I was referring to the sidekicks without one of the mainstream quests (Gyms, Contests).

Mind you it would still be the first instance of it since the original series, so it is nevertheless interesting.

5. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Wow, you've never seen Kanto at all? Even if you got into pokemon in a later generation, you should at least watch the 1st season to see how everything began.

The Johto saga didn't have the "fresh start" approach the other sagas had, so Misty and Brock didn't leave behind their old pokemon.

And as we know Ash originally kept his Kanto starters into Johto.

6. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

I don't really see it that way. Team Rocket has essentially shared their Pokemon since Hoenn with James using Jessie's Pokemon and the other way around. I think at least once we've seen Jessie training James' Pokemon.

7. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

What are all of the episodes in which Meowth joins/works together with the crew and then betrays them after?

Im interested, and wanted to see how many times it's actually happened.

Cheers.

8. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

What about eps where it's just him and Pikachu?

9. munchlaxboy

munchlaxboy Catching up on XY

From off the top of my head... There's The Island of the Giant Pokemon (but that's with other Pokemon, too). Then there's Bound for Trouble (fantastic episode IMO). And... that's all I can think of.

10. randomspot555

randomspot555 Well-Known Member

There are a lot of episodes (and some movies too) where TR assists or allies themselves with Ash and co. There's very, very, very few where any of the trio "joins" the group, and it usually doesn't even last the entire episode.

11. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

Yeah or even just Meowth and Pikachu, since I remember one where he acted like he'll stop being evil for good etc.

Just episodes which have him join the gang (or pikachu) for a while acting good).

12. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

Just from what I remember.

Island of the Giant Pokemon - Agreed to play nice until they found their Trainers.
    Bound for Trouble - Agreed to a truce with Pikachu.
    Grin to Win - The group forces Meowth to help them solve their problem.
    Forest Grumps - A variation. This time Jessie and Misty are switched.
    Got Miltank - Meowth briefly sides with the group but gets blasted off anyway.
    I Feel Skitty! - Meowth betrays his friends so Skitty can escape.
    Jumping Rocket Ship - Played it straight. Meowth lies to trick Pikachu.

Then there's the latest round.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  13. For the Black and White dub, have there been many instances where they change the BGM? Or are they generally keeping the same soundtrack as the raw version?

14. For the Black and White dub, have there been many instances where they change the BGM? Or are they generally keeping the same soundtrack as the raw version?

15. Janovy

Janovy Banned

As far as I know, they have been keeping over 90% of the original soundtrack with only some bits with different music. Basically, yes, they're keeping the same soundtrack from the original. :D

16. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

Who is the girl in the green skirt in the original opening? Was she supposed to travel with Ash until they came up with Misty or something?

17. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

Just a Lass from the Lass Trainer Class.

[spoil]The only reason she appeared at all was because it fit the lyrics: Even if in fire, in water, in grass, in forests. In ground, in clouds, in that girl's skirt (eek!)

Misty doesn't wear a skirt, so ... they got creative.[/spoil]

18. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

Yeah she makes since to the ones who watch the Japanese version but us dub watchers have wondered for years lol.

19. amittal12

amittal12 Sceptile Maniac

when will these episodes air in english-
    "Hikari-Setting off on a new journey)" and "Nibi Gym! The greatest crisis ever"

20. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

Like the three clip shows before it (AG120, DP048, DP120) these two episodes might be Japan exclusive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.