• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Single Animé Questions **READ BEFORE MAKING A THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

You sure that wasn't a dub add-in?

I looked on Dogasu's Backpack, and there's nothing on there about it, so probably not.

Besides, they traveled for a long time (well as long as it can get with no time), and no doubt the subject came up at some point.

Dawn even knows Ash has other Pokemon, because in that Roark/Aerodactyl episode, Dawn asked Ash why he doesn't use his other Pokemon against Roark. So I'm sure the topic occurred at some point (off screen). Though it would cool if Ash mentioned what Pokemon he has (on screen), so we know for sure who's coming back or not.

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
I'm fairly sure there's a thread in the announcements section about episode downloads and such. It might be a good thing to check out. :)

Anyways, I have another question. The infamous dub-only marriage line in "The Heartbreak of Brock". What's the original line?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Anyways, I have another question. The infamous dub-only marriage line in "The Heartbreak of Brock". What's the original line?

"She fell in love with him at first sight, huh?:

....Something like that.

Brainwashed

Peace and Love
I looked on Dogasu's Backpack, and there's nothing on there about it, so probably not.

Besides, they traveled for a long time (well as long as it can get with no time), and no doubt the subject came up at some point.

Dawn even knows Ash has other Pokemon, because in that Roark/Aerodactyl episode, Dawn asked Ash why he doesn't use his other Pokemon against Roark. So I'm sure the topic occurred at some point (off screen). Though it would cool if Ash mentioned what Pokemon he has (on screen), so we know for sure who's coming back or not.

What episode is that? How does Dawn know about Ash's Oaked Pokemon, if so what episode is that as well?

randomspot555

Where do Ash an co. get their money from for food, etc?

It's been shown many times that Pokemon events (festivals, tournaments, etc...) provide food and housing, probably to attract young trainers who don't have much money.

Other times, they'll do the COTD a favor, and more often than not, they just happen to be a gourmet chef who just happens to own a restaurant.

Often, it's unexplained, but that happens in a lot of fiction.

no one

Sorry if this has been repeated, but I'm wondering has anyone actually mapped out where ash and his friends have actually gone on the pokemon map? or the pokearth...I'm just wondering...I was reading and watching some of season 1, the indigo series, and you come to the point where ash has just gained his second badge from cerulean and somehow wants to go to vermillion....now I've read all the episode summaries and watched a few episodes and physically ash never passed saffron or take the route via lavender...making me wonder, how the heck he actually got to vermillion from cerulean without passing through saffron or lavender...in all pokemon maps there is always Cerulean, Saffron THEN vermillion but there isnt in the anime and if there is a reason why that is the case? and if it can be answered can some one also map it out for me...just wondering...sorry if its a bother...

Last edited:

ZF911

I have a stupid question. What happened to "Who's that Pokemon?" and the other quiz type things they used to show?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Sorry if this has been repeated, but I'm wondering has anyone actually mapped out where ash and his friends have actually gone on the pokemon map? or the pokearth...I'm just wondering...I was reading and watching some of season 1, the indigo series, and you come to the point where ash has just gained his second badge from cerulean and somehow wants to go to vermillion....now I've read all the episode summaries and watched a few episodes and physically ash never passed saffron or take the route via lavender...making me wonder, how the heck he actually got to vermillion from cerulean without passing through saffron or lavender...in all pokemon maps there is always Cerulean, Saffron THEN vermillion but there isnt in the anime and if there is a reason why that is the case? and if it can be answered can some one also map it out for me...just wondering...sorry if its a bother...

Simply put, Games =/= Anime. Ash and Co. do not have to travel the same way to get to their destination. Otherwise, it would just get kind of boring to see wait for them to get the next town.

The closest and most recent thing to a map that I've seen is the title screen in the Hoenn episodes. It shows an icon of Ash's face and then zooms out onto the map of Hoenn, with an indication as to where he is at, and the direction he is going.

when will it ever end i hope never :D

What a senseless question.

I have a stupid question. What happened to "Who's that Pokemon?" and the other quiz type things they used to show?

That pretty much ended in the beginning of AG. They changed it for the Pokemon trivia segment.

randomspot555

As to the treaveling question, the anime follows the games as far as Johto and Kanto are concerned, since Ash walked from Kanto to Johto. He took a boat to Sinnoh, and that matches with the games since no land mass is connected to the main part of Sinnoh.

I don't recall how he got to Hoenn at the moment.

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
How come people never get hurt from pokemon attacks when, for example, raichu can attack with (I think) 100,000 volts.

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
How come people never get hurt from pokemon attacks when, for example, raichu can attack with (I think) 100,000 volts.

Because it's a kid's show, so people can't just up and die onscreen. They do show people/pokemon in pain, but they can't really show blood or death or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.