• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Single Animé Questions **READ BEFORE MAKING A THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anime-Ash

What was the music that aired at the end of the episode "Do I Hear a Ralts?" when Max and Ralts are saying goodbye to each other.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Who was the first Hoeen Pokemon that was revealed?

Fire Trainer Blaze

It's been a while...
I've been looking, and looking, but I can't seem to find a site to watch the DP episodes. Does anybody know any?

An00bis

Wicked Witch
It's kind of a sticky question since some sites are illegal. We are not allowed to post or mention those sites on this forum.

You can try Cartoon Network's website here, though. It looks like they have the episode that showed last week up in full.

Has anyone find a mp3 file of the song Brock sang when the gang's crossing the valley with psyducks and they had to distract them?

I'm pretty sure that song is his theme song: " Takeshi's Paradise ". The dub is apparently doing everything from keeping it in to not keeping it in. Apparently they used a different unnamed song in the dub in that particular scene.

What was the music that aired at the end of the episode "Do I Hear a Ralts?" when Max and Ralts are saying goodbye to each other.

In Japanese version it was " Smile ". The dub used a new song called " Please ".

Zirak

Has there been any official word on why Squirtle never evovled or was it just to keep in line with the squirtle squad?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Probably, but I think they just wanted to keep Squirtle and Bulbasaur in thier first forms. They've never said why, Buizel, Totodile and Corphish didn't evolve either.

Last edited:

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask, and the answer is probably right in front of my face, but I can't switch off the subtitles on my Rise of Darkrai DVD (English)!

abyssblue

I recently watched again the first season of Pokemon and in the episode where Ash arrives at Pewter City he talks with Flint (Brock's father) about Brock's Family. Flint said that his good for nothing father abandoned his family and that his mother has long since passed away. However, we all know that Brock's mother is alive named Lola.

Is this just a translation error or is Lola the second mother of Brock?

Thanks to anyone who will be answering. :)

Last edited:

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I recently watched again the first season of Pokemon and in the episode where Ash arrives at Pewter City he talks with Flint (Brock's father) about Brock's Family. Flint said that his good for nothing father abandoned his family and that his mother as long since passed away. However, we all know that Brock's mother is alive named Lola.

It was a Translation flub.

In the Original version Flint (in disguise) said that Brock's father and mother abandoned the family. For some reason they felt comfortable saying that Flint left the family but not Lola. Might have been because it's " unthinkable " that a mother would abandon her children.

Interestingly enough that's not the only time a cover up like that happened. In Movie 3 Molly Hale's mother also left the family. It was glossed over as her having " gone missing " in the dub.

Champion Jared 14

Can someone tell me exactly what is a filler episode, and what is not? Isn't the debut of a new pokemon a non-filler by default? Gym battles, contest episodes, introduction of game characters, etc...

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
I asked that question once as well...

the debut of a new pokemon is a filler.

only epiosdes that affect the series later on are not fillers like gym battles, contests, captures and stuff like that. also meeting new people that will appear again like Barry, Paul, Zoey etc.

an epiosde that was considered a filler was the one with Meowth and the noodles becasue it was totaly random but then there was a contest that had Meowth using something with noodles he learned in that epiosde and since then that episode became non-filler one.

CliveKoopa

Can someone tell me exactly what is a filler episode, and what is not? Isn't the debut of a new pokemon a non-filler by default? Gym battles, contest episodes, introduction of game characters, etc...

A filler is any episode what doesn't contain at least one of the following:

- Character develpment
- New regular character (whether human or pokemon)
- Exit of a regular character (human or pokemon)
- Gym battles
- New move learned
- Contest episodes
- Exposition episodes (Basically these are episodes what detail more about the mythology and storyline of the Pokemon world and usually centres arounf legendaries)
- Regular item recieved (Usually items affecting future plots like the King's Rock what would eventually evolve Misty's Poliwhirl)

Rex Kamex

What was the first Pokemon movie that stopped using cel animation and started being digital? (I'm not talking about the CGI effects, 'cause those are as early as the first movie.)

I know the first TV episode to do it is "Here's Looking at You Elekid", but I don't know about the movies. (And you'd think that just by looking at pictures or the movies themselves I'd be able to figure this out, but... yeah.)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
A filler is any episode what doesn't contain at least one of the following:

- Character develpment

I don't know what do you mean character development. It could be many things, I think that if for example, Dawn is saying that she won't do contests soon, it does not mean it's not a filler.

CliveKoopa

I don't know what do you mean character development. It could be many things, I think that if for example, Dawn is saying that she won't do contests soon, it does not mean it's not a filler.

To give you some examples:

Charizard Chills/Trials and Adulations - Charizard/Mamoswine starting to obey Ash/Dawn

Hot Matches - Cyndaquil learns to control the flame on its back

Holy Matrimony - James' past revealed

and many others...

HoennMaster

Dawn saying she is quitting contest would not be a filler. tHat's character development depending on what the episode is about.

Electric

Is there any chance of seeing the Advanced Generation (seasons 6-8) on TV ever again? CN played a mini marathon of season 2 last week, so maybe they might play other seasons? I want to relive my Hoenn anime days.

Status
Not open for further replies.