• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Single Animé Questions **READ BEFORE MAKING A THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
then she would be the first sidekick character with more than 3 Pokemon on hand, would she not?

Nope.

Misty had Staryu, Starmie, Goldeen, Horsea, Psyduck, and Togepi at one time. Then when she left Starmie and Horsea at the Gym she caught Poliwag so she still had more then four.

Brock had Geodude, Onix, Zubat, and Vulpix at one time. I think Pineco came after Vulpix was gone.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Both Misty and Brock kept their entire Kanto teams when Johto started, so they both had around 5-6 pokemon throughout Johto.

It wasn't until AG started that Brock was only limited to 3 pokemon at a time.

sSerenity

Why didn't you count May / Dawn as sidekick character but Misty & Iris ?

Random : You forget Psyduck & Togepi (egg, not a capture)

pokeaussie37

sSerenity said:
Why didn't you count May / Dawn as sidekick character but Misty & Iris ?

Question's answered, but having not watched the Original Kanto series I can't remember their teams :p

But I didn't count those two because I was referring to the sidekicks without one of the mainstream quests (Gyms, Contests).

Mind you it would still be the first instance of it since the original series, so it is nevertheless interesting.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Question's answered, but having not watched the Original Kanto series I can't remember their teams :p

Wow, you've never seen Kanto at all? Even if you got into pokemon in a later generation, you should at least watch the 1st season to see how everything began.

Mind you it would still be the first instance of it since the original series, so it is nevertheless interesting.

The Johto saga didn't have the "fresh start" approach the other sagas had, so Misty and Brock didn't leave behind their old pokemon.

And as we know Ash originally kept his Kanto starters into Johto.

An00bis

Wicked Witch

I don't really see it that way. Team Rocket has essentially shared their Pokemon since Hoenn with James using Jessie's Pokemon and the other way around. I think at least once we've seen Jessie training James' Pokemon.

Haunter ゴースト

What are all of the episodes in which Meowth joins/works together with the crew and then betrays them after?

Im interested, and wanted to see how many times it's actually happened.

Cheers.

randomspot555

There are a lot of episodes (and some movies too) where TR assists or allies themselves with Ash and co. There's very, very, very few where any of the trio "joins" the group, and it usually doesn't even last the entire episode.

Haunter ゴースト

Yeah or even just Meowth and Pikachu, since I remember one where he acted like he'll stop being evil for good etc.

Just episodes which have him join the gang (or pikachu) for a while acting good).

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Just from what I remember.

Island of the Giant Pokemon - Agreed to play nice until they found their Trainers.
Bound for Trouble - Agreed to a truce with Pikachu.
Grin to Win - The group forces Meowth to help them solve their problem.
Forest Grumps - A variation. This time Jessie and Misty are switched.
Got Miltank - Meowth briefly sides with the group but gets blasted off anyway.
I Feel Skitty! - Meowth betrays his friends so Skitty can escape.
Jumping Rocket Ship - Played it straight. Meowth lies to trick Pikachu.

Then there's the latest round.

Last edited:
For the Black and White dub, have there been many instances where they change the BGM? Or are they generally keeping the same soundtrack as the raw version?

For the Black and White dub, have there been many instances where they change the BGM? Or are they generally keeping the same soundtrack as the raw version?

Janovy

Banned
As far as I know, they have been keeping over 90% of the original soundtrack with only some bits with different music. Basically, yes, they're keeping the same soundtrack from the original. :D

rocky505

Who is the girl in the green skirt in the original opening? Was she supposed to travel with Ash until they came up with Misty or something?

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Just a Lass from the Lass Trainer Class.

[spoil]The only reason she appeared at all was because it fit the lyrics: Even if in fire, in water, in grass, in forests. In ground, in clouds, in that girl's skirt (eek!)

Misty doesn't wear a skirt, so ... they got creative.[/spoil]

rocky505

Yeah she makes since to the ones who watch the Japanese version but us dub watchers have wondered for years lol.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
when will these episodes air in english-
"Hikari-Setting off on a new journey)" and "Nibi Gym! The greatest crisis ever"

Status
Not open for further replies.