• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Single Competitive Rates here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zbynek

Yes,Dynamicpunch is better move on world in fists of Machamp´s no guard...

J_D

TYRANITAR@Leftovers
Sand Stream
252 Attack 252 HP
Adamant
Stone Edge
Crunch
Water Pulse
Ice Beam

- Tyranitar will not be the Lead Pokemon on any of my teams, Sand Stream could hurt any pokemon on my team that is not immune to that ability(which will be a maximum of 1). The Sand Stream ability will be very useful though so it will not be the last pokemon out.The broad movepool is also a good plus...Right?

Why Water Pulse and Ice beam?
Tyranitar @Leftovers
Sand Stream
Adamant/ Impish
-Stone Edge/ Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Avelanche/ Brick Break/ Aerial Ace

Stone Edge or Rock Slide and Crunch for STAB. EQ for great coverage. Avelanche for power, and has good coverage. Brick Break has great coverage. Arial Ace deals with fighting types.

J_D

Ice Beam and Water Pulse are there for any pokemon that are immune to the Sand Stream Ability but Arial Ace is a pretty good Idea

Last edited:

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Lickilicky@Leftovers
Explosion
Thunder
Hammer Arm
Rollout

What Nature and EVs should Licky have? And how's the moveset?

J_D

What about this Pokemon

CACTURNE@Big Root
Sand Veil
255 DEF. 255 SP. DEF
Naughty
Ingrain
Needle Arm
Leech Seed
Sucher Punch

-Cacturne will be most effective in a San Storm because it's Sand Veil ability, so Ill probably use it with Tyranitar. Leech Seed and Ingrain's ability will be intensified by the Big Root. Sucker Punch will be use on a Pokemon if it is waek against Sucker Punch or to get the last Hit if it is about to die.Needle Arm will be used after Leech Seed and Ingrain if Sucker Punch is not meeting the criteria stated earlier. Also the type is good too
I think

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Sucker Punch Cacturne is more like this.

Cacturne@Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Counter
- Seed Bomb

This set shines when you're facing a physical attacker, especially since Cacturne is so frail and slow. Focus Sash will ensure you survive the hit and Sucker Punch the opponent back. Seed Bomb lets it hit defensive water or ground types hard if they switch in to take the Sucker Punch.

ESPEOPN MASTER

Phychic master
No, you don't have to split defenses.

Umbreon@lefties
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Toxic / Protect

This set is far superior in that it helps the whole team with Wish and providing reasonably high HP substitutes. The EV spread gives Umbreon approximately equal defense stats.

wow i really like this moveset i will definitley be using this thx

Ryan Buckles

<-Yanma's gone HULK!
Gyro Ball needed on Curse Licky, owns Gengar. Also throw in some Attack EVs for added punch. As for Cacturne, you could swap Counter for Taunt. Taunt on a predicted switch and Sucker Punch or Swords Dance.

hypnopuncher

Focus Pauwnch!
Just found a shiny Bashful starly trying to ev train my Cacturne. Now I really want to train it. I can guess at evs, but moves and items are what I need help on. Oh-for anyone weird enough to suggest it, It's not going to be a FEAR.

hypnopuncher

Focus Pauwnch!
Focus Punch works on cacturne. Most smart people will think you'll Sucker Punch and switch.. But you won't! In any case, remember-stay away from Gengar, Persian, or whatever has Hypnosis.

Do you ever listen to advice?

Impish will ensure it 3HKO's you AT LEAST, but there is a chance that Stone Edge won't even 3HKO, and will only 4HKO!
You're also getting more than enough of a boost from the Guts boost when you're asleep. You really do not need an Adamant Nature.
Last time I'm going to say this olo - it's getting boring.

Ok, but what will 3/4HKO me with Stone Edge?

Staraptor @Leftovers (to heal recoil from brave bird)/ Focus Sash (if Aerial Ace is bieng used)
Intimidate
Bashful (Jolly is better)
252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 6 Hp
-Brave Bird/ Arial Ace
-Close Combat
-U-Turn
-Return/ Double Edge/ Steel Wing

Brave Brid or Aerial Ace for STAB. Arial Ace is does half the damage that Brave Bird does, but dosn't have any recoil. Close Combat for great coverage, and more importantly, has coverage against Rock and Ice types. U-turn can let you switch whilst picking up some damage. Return (when max friendship is reached) and Double Edge has STAB, but no coverage wich is a let down. Steel Wing is another alteranive, but has poor coverage, and close combat covers the only types that it does.

phantom1113

Not a random nub
Staraptor @Leftovers (to heal recoil from brave bird)/ Focus Sash (if Aerial Ace is bieng used)
Intimidate
Bashful (Jolly is better)
252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 6 Hp
-Brave Bird/ Arial Ace
-Close Combat
-U-Turn
-Return/ Double Edge/ Steel Wing

Brave Brid or Aerial Ace for STAB. Arial Ace is does half the damage that Brave Bird does, but dosn't have any recoil. Close Combat for great coverage, and more importantly, has coverage against Rock and Ice types. U-turn can let you switch whilst picking up some damage. Return (when max friendship is reached) and Double Edge has STAB, but no coverage wich is a let down. Steel Wing is another alteranive, but has poor coverage, and close combat covers the only types that it does.

starraptor@choice band
adamant nature
252atk/252spe/6hp

brave bird
U-turn
pursuit/quick attack
Return

Mcdoodle

Im not really here..
Starly@Leftovers
Gentle Nature

~Brave Bird
~Endeavor
~Steel Wing
~Aerial Ace

P.S. Im not evolving Starly.

Last edited:

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Starly@Leftovers
Gentle Nature

~Brave Bird
~Endeavor
~Steel Wing
~Aerial Ace

.PS. Im not evolving Starly.

If you really want to use starly in competitive play try this:

Starly@Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
252 Speed / 252 Atk
- Endeavor
- Quick Attack
- Arial Ace
- Toxic / Filler

Just Endeavor + QA an opponent to death and toxic/quick attack the next pokemon for some damage. This is called a 'fear' moveset, usually better done by smeargle and iceshard phanpy.

Status
Not open for further replies.