• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Single Competitive Rates here

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom1113

Not a random nub
It will not stand well in OU as it doesn't have the stats to support it. Plus it's typing isn't as good as it is in UU.

OTher pokes would be waters, so fire resits
and empoleon sp wall to get the flying attacks,

but I need some non water types for it

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
phantom, have you considered using Dry Skin Toxicroak?

Toxicroak is pretty cool in the rain:

Toxicroak (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 94 HP / 198 Atk / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Cross Chop
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge / Poison Jab

Outruns +spd base 80 speeders, and covers pretty much everything.

EDIT: aaa beat ;o

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Thunder Weezing/Raikou work well in most rain dance teams aswell. Enough quality water types to cover weaknesses though; (Kingdra, Ludicolo, Kaputops, Quilfish,) Gyarados, Swampert, Tentacruel, Starmie, Laturn, Empoleon, Azumarill, Slowbro and Suicune.

hypnopuncher

Focus Pauwnch!
I like the Choice Band set the most.

BTW, I named the starly SupaSta. xD

I can't get double edge, and I really don't like FEARs. Plus, it's a one trick pony. Staraptor can sweep about 3 pokemon before brave bird recoil.

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Charizard@??? and Timid
Air Slash/Aerial Ace
Flamethrower
Sunny Day/Swords Dance/Dragon Dance
Iron Tail/Steel Wing/SolarBeam

Though Air Slash has unreliable accuracy, it's the only special Flying-type attack that causes damage. Flamethorwer is another STAB. Sunny Day is to power up Flamethorwer and allow SolarBeam to hit without charging and cover Water and Rock. Now if I were to not use those last two moves, Swords or D-Dance would be to increase ATK(D-Dance would also do Speed) to power up Iron Tail or Steel Wing and cover Rock only. Iron Tail would do more damage than Steel Wing, but Steel Wing is more accurate. I'm kind of leaning toward the SunnyBeam combo since it covers two of Zard's weaknesses and takes advantage of its high SPATK stat. If I were to go with SunnyBeam, My EVs would be 80 HP/252 SPATK/178 SPD. If I were to go with PhysicalZard, they'd be 89 HP/50 ATK/252 SPATK/89 SPD. No item yet.

It took me FOREVER to look at all Zard's possible moves and I bet these STILL suck. :'<

GREEN00

Charizard@??? and Timid
Air Slash/Aerial Ace
Flamethrower
Sunny Day/Swords Dance/Dragon Dance
Iron Tail/Steel Wing/SolarBeam

Though Air Slash has unreliable accuracy, it's the only special Flying-type attack that causes damage. Flamethorwer is another STAB. Sunny Day is to power up Flamethorwer and allow SolarBeam to hit without charging and cover Water and Rock. Now if I were to not use those last two moves, Swords or D-Dance would be to increase ATK(D-Dance would also do Speed) to power up Iron Tail or Steel Wing and cover Rock only. Iron Tail would do more damage than Steel Wing, but Steel Wing is more accurate. I'm kind of leaning toward the SunnyBeam combo since it covers two of Zard's weaknesses and takes advantage of its high SPATK stat. If I were to go with SunnyBeam, My EVs would be 80 HP/252 SPATK/178 SPD. If I were to go with PhysicalZard, they'd be 89 HP/50 ATK/252 SPATK/89 SPD. No item yet.

It took me FOREVER to look at all Zard's possible moves and I bet these STILL suck. :'<

Special Charizard,

Charizard@wide lens
Modest
255 sp.atk/255 spd
Fire Blast
Solarbeam
Sunny Day
Focus Blast

Hauntershadow92

The Mono-type Man
Um.......Those are bad Zard sets.

Zard @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Speed/ 252 SpAtk/ 4 Hp
Nature: Timid
Attacks:
-Flamethrower
-Air Slash
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast / HP [Fighting]

GREEN00

Um.......Those are bad Zard sets.

Zard @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Speed/ 252 SpAtk/ 4 Hp
Nature: Timid
Attacks:
-Flamethrower
-Air Slash
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast / HP [Fighting]

I don't at all appreciate the attitude of this board.

1.Fire Blast is stronger than Air Slash, even against fighting pokemon.

2.Dragon Pulse is pointless except against Garchomp and Salamence.

3.Focus Blast is too innacurate without wide lens.

4.HP fighting is not the least bit reasonable on anything but Shoddy.

5.Calling a set "bad" or any synonym of which without an explanation why is just asking for trouble.

Hauntershadow92

The Mono-type Man
Ok, they are bad sets because you waste 2 moveslots to set-up SunnyBeam, which sucks in competitive.

1. Fire Blast should not be used, since Zard has frail defenses and will be OHKOed
2. Dragon Pulsehits every type [excluding Steel/Dragon] for Neutral damage. It is a good attacking type to begin with
3. Ok, that is why I suggested Hp [Fighting], but you can use HP [Grass/Electric] over Air Slash and put in Focus Blast/Focus Punch
4. Um, if you breed you can get it. Hp [Fight] is probably the easiest to get imo. I forgot the exact code, but the IVs need to end in odd numbers. That is easy to do. 1,3,5,7,9 in 6 stats, easy.
5. I just gave an explanation, sry for not giving one to begin with.

And how is my attitude bad? This is the internet. It is IMPOSSIBLE to tell attitudes over type without a sub heading showing emotion. I was just stating a better set.

GREEN00

Ok, they are bad sets because you waste 2 moveslots to set-up SunnyBeam, which sucks in competitive.

1. Fire Blast should not be used, since Zard has frail defenses and will be OHKOed
2. Dragon Pulsehits every type [excluding Steel/Dragon] for Neutral damage. It is a good attacking type to begin with
3. Ok, that is why I suggested Hp [Fighting], but you can use HP [Grass/Electric] over Air Slash and put in Focus Blast/Focus Punch
4. Um, if you breed you can get it. Hp [Fight] is probably the easiest to get imo. I forgot the exact code, but the IVs need to end in odd numbers. That is easy to do. 1,3,5,7,9 in 6 stats, easy.
5. I just gave an explanation, sry for not giving one to begin with.

And how is my attitude bad? This is the internet. It is IMPOSSIBLE to tell attitudes over type without a sub heading showing emotion. I was just stating a better set.

1.Fire Blast won't miss. I don't see how you can dismiss Fire Blast but accept Focus Blast(without wide lens) with open arms.

2,Fire Blast is much stronger, and the things it isn't stronger against are what Solarbeam and Focus Blast are for.

4.No, HP is unreasonable. No.

5.Calling peoples movesets bad in the first place is very rude, let alone without an explanation.

Hauntershadow92

The Mono-type Man
How is it bad? I said it was bad, then I gave a better moveset. That is constructive critisism, which is what this forum is about. The set I gave is the standerd. If you think it is bad, go ahead with your set. But be warned. SunnyBeam is not a good choice for Zard. I also suggest you stop commenting on how you don't like HP. It isn't even your Zard to begin with. You can't say no HPs on a Zard that you aren't making. that is up to the trainer.

hypnopuncher

Focus Pauwnch!
1.Fire Blast is stronger than Air Slash, even against fighting pokemon.

No it's not, against fighters.

Anyway, Dragon Pulse+Flamethrower hits not-Heatran for neutral damage. Focus Blast is for Heatran.

Air Slash is STAB, but HP Grass can go over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.