• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Single Competitive Rates here

Status
Not open for further replies.
._______.
This thread keeps getting worse.

Trying to make an anti-ape monster...

Kingdra(f)@Leftovers/Scope Lens
Mild (+satk -def)//Sniper
200 HP/ 162 Satk/ 92 Atk/ 56 Sdef
- Draco Meteor/D Pulse
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Dance

I dont know if this will work or if its already standard....
Right, how do you plan on getting this into an Infernape when it has a -Def Nature and has to set up an attack before it can be of any significant threat?

Keaton

Custom User Title
._______.
This thread keeps getting worse.

Right, how do you plan on getting this into an Infernape when it has a -Def Nature and has to set up an attack before it can be of any significant threat?

Well, when i wrote it I kinda figured that coming in on damn near anything Infernape has will be fine mainly because of her resistances and only weakness which is to Dragon. Nottomention that STAB Draco Meteor does 84.69% - 99.32%, if Ape has no Sdef EV's. I also understood that Infernape would take more than 6% from Waterfall following this (un dragon danced)?

However, I only just found out that Kingdra takes only a little less from Close Combat.....

Hmmm...It would work as a Special Ape counter, but I was aiming for an allroundape one.

Perhaps, by chancing the nature to +satk -spd (ie. Quiet) and swapping the EV's to apply much more defence?

pidgeotto

The Wish Maker
Hello I've got this Azelf:

482.png

Azelf@Life Orb
Timid, 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe( Because of 26 Spe IV's)
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Grass Knot / Explosion

I need help with the last slot. Cannot change nature or EV's, It's at lv. 100
I'm using an Exploding Heatran on my team if it has any influence on what to choose for my Azelf.

indianunit02

pika...CHU!!!!!
Hello I've got this Azelf:

482.png

Azelf@Life Orb
Timid, 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe( Because of 26 Spe IV's)
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Grass Knot / Explosion

I need help with the last slot. Cannot change nature or EV's, It's at lv. 100
I'm using an Exploding Heatran on my team if it has any influence on what to choose for my Azelf.

Is that 252 atk or sp. atk? I would choose grass knot or else tyranitar could have fun with this set. Other than that this set seems good.

pidgeotto

The Wish Maker
Is that 252 atk or sp. atk? I would choose grass knot or else tyranitar could have fun with this set. Other than that this set seems good.
Ment SAtk of course;) Thanks for the tip anyway, I was thinking mainly of Blissey when I concidered Explosion, but Grass Knot gives me more coverage, though.

TeamAnbu

How's this empoleon ( its not a wall like they normally are ):

Empoleon
Special Sweeper
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
EV's: 252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed/ 6 HP
-Surf
-IceBeam
-GrassKnot
-HP Ground

Jinglenuts

zard

Bellyzard @ salac
Jolly
Blaze
EV: 252 spd 252 att 4hp ( I made sure at lvl 100 its hp is divisible by 4)
-Bellydrum
-dragon claw
-substitute
ifire fang

This set hits everything except heatran,
which i am less worried about than hitting gyara, aero, ect...
( dont have emerald for fire punch)
I really need to know, how make stages belly drum rises att, and how to calculate it. I like bellyzard, and i am currantly ev training mine, but does its attack OHKO walls?

Last edited:

Bizziler

Jolly isn't needed, with Salac you're hitting over 450 speed.

And Earthquake gets better coverage than Dragon Claw. Lets you hit Heatran. Fire Punch hits Gyara, Aero, etc for 75BP, whilst Dragon Claw hits with 80. Earthquake is better.

Blazios

How do you all like this Torterra?

Torterra @ Choice Scarf
Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Just outspeeds all Max Speed Base 110 Speed Pokémon that don't have a Choice Scarf. Seems to have a good surprise factor seeing as virtually nobody will expect a fast Torterra.

TeamAnbu

Torterra owns. But not as a sweeper...its a wall or a tank.

Synthesis/Seed/EQ/Curse for wall ( 252 hP 252 DEF 6 atk
Curse/Seed/WoodHammer/EQ for tank ( 200 Attack 52 Defense 252 HP 6 SDef )

both hold lefties

i reccamend these sets HIGHLY

PsyDrew

Psychic Gym Leader
How's this Hypno

Hypno @ Chesto Berry
Serious Nature

Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Rest
Brick Break / Focus Punch (in case they get the bright idea to switch. Also covers weakness against dark. I love the first 3 moves I picked but only if there was a better anti-dark move to give him for his last move)

EVs
255 Def
130 Sp. Att
70 Sp. Def
50 Att
5 Speed

I don't remember the exact IVs offhand but most were down the middle of around 17, with speed being its worst with only 2. Its Def and Sp Def IVs were in the high 20's.

Ideally, I'd like him to be a tank of sorta that could use his signature moves (Hypno has been my main pokemon since I started playing competitively in Blue) as well as be able to hold his own against darks if pushed into a corner. I poured his EVs primarily into physical defense cause the biggest threat to a psychic type is the move Crunch, which on average he seems to be able to sustain about 2 - 3 hits of.

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
dream eater is, and will be, awful until switching is removed from pokemon

also your ivs are so wasteful.

none of those values (255/130/70/50/5) are divisible by 4, meaning you are wasting evs every time. 3 in hp, 2 in satk, 2 in sdef and atk, 1 in speed

PsyDrew

Psychic Gym Leader
dream eater is, and will be, awful until switching is removed from pokemon

also your ivs are so wasteful.

none of those values (255/130/70/50/5) are divisible by 4, meaning you are wasting evs every time. 3 in hp, 2 in satk, 2 in sdef and atk, 1 in speed

True but it has its uses if there's only one pokemon left. The status clause kinda kills it but I see your point. As for the wasted EVs, between the 1 from the pokemon you battle and the 4 from the power train items, I never bothered rounding them out. So everything's multiples of 5.

More importantly, I've been thinking about putting more EVs into physical Attack but I have no idea what to sacrifice. I don't want to give up physical defense though or I'll be a sitting duck for Crunch. I'd been considering giving up some Special Defense since Hypno naturally has a high base special defense but I'm not sure if I should risk that.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Reasoning, please.

Ice Beam being horrible popular due too Garchomp/Gliscor.

Stab Grass/Ground being resisted by many pokes.

Subseeding better done by many other Grass Pokemon (Breloom/Sceptile/Venusaur/ect.).

Defense wise outdone by Swampert in about everything.

Missing the key stat to be really good in something while something else isn't better in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.