• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Single Rates - READ THE FIRST POST

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
This is a Trevenant set that's unexpected and very different from his other sets. I wanted to use Trevenant and when I looked up what sets people already use on him, I was kind of disappointed that most of them try to make him wall stuff he can't really wall. Anyway, I wanted to make use of Trevenants pretty good attack stat and came up with this AV set:

Trevenant @ Assault Vest
Natural Cure
Adamant, 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SpDef
- Horn Leech
- Phantom Force
- Drain Punch
- Wood Hammer

As this is an AV set, it's moves speak for themselves pretty much. AV is usable on Trevenant because of his access to Horn Leech and Drain Punch, which provide sustainability that pairs well with the added special bulk from Assault Vest. This works especially well in the VGC format next to an Intimidater. Phantom Force is there for extra STAB, as well as a way to attack through the common Protect in VGC and to ease defensive prediction, while Wood Hammer is there mainly to ensure the kill on Competitive Milotic, but is a good way to get rid of bulky waters alltogether. I prefer Natural Cure on this set, as Trevenant is easily shut down by burns and switching easily fixes that. The biggest threat I find to this set is Talonflame, what do you guys think?

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
This is a Trevenant set that's unexpected and very different from his other sets. I wanted to use Trevenant and when I looked up what sets people already use on him, I was kind of disappointed that most of them try to make him wall stuff he can't really wall. Anyway, I wanted to make use of Trevenants pretty good attack stat and came up with this AV set:

Trevenant @ Assault Vest
Natural Cure
Adamant, 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SpDef
- Horn Leech
- Phantom Force
- Drain Punch
- Wood Hammer

As this is an AV set, it's moves speak for themselves pretty much. AV is usable on Trevenant because of his access to Horn Leech and Drain Punch, which provide sustainability that pairs well with the added special bulk from Assault Vest. This works especially well in the VGC format next to an Intimidater. Phantom Force is there for extra STAB, as well as a way to attack through the common Protect in VGC and to ease defensive prediction, while Wood Hammer is there mainly to ensure the kill on Competitive Milotic, but is a good way to get rid of bulky waters alltogether. I prefer Natural Cure on this set, as Trevenant is easily shut down by burns and switching easily fixes that. The biggest threat I find to this set is Talonflame, what do you guys think?

My only suggestion might be to use Earthquake or Rock Slide over another move. Right now you already have great coverage, and EQ wouldn't do much for you unless you traded out either Horn Leech or Wood Hammer, so it's really only if you fear Fire or Poison types. Rock Slide, while weaker, would give you even more coverage in place of one of your Grass moves (and allow you to take down a Talonflame if you predict it to switch in), and you could feasibly use it in place of Drain Punch to improve your coverage too (at the cost of needing something else to handle Bisharp). Really it's just a matter of better coverage versus power with my options. Trevenant's low Speed is going to be your biggest problem here; he's going to really depend on your skills of prediction, both in predicting an opponent switching so you can hit with a super-effective move and with predicting when an opponent is going to use a status move or something Trevenant resists so you can safely swap Trevenant in to absorb it.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
My girlfriend gave me a Litleo plush, which inspired me to make an NU team with Pyroar.

Brownie (Pyroar) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rivalry
Evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Entrainment
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Solar Beam

Rivalry paired with Life Orb turns Pyroar into a nuke, especially in the sun. Considering PS automatically sets genders to Male, you'll be getting your moves boosted most of the time. Entraiment can cripple an opposing Pokemon and force a switch, especially when your whole team consists of males. The moveset guarantees as much damage output from its STAB moves and coverage from Solarbeam, which hits really hard as well.

Eaglehawk

Banned
My girlfriend gave me a Litleo plush, which inspired me to make an NU team with Pyroar.

Brownie (Pyroar) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rivalry
Evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Entrainment
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Solar Beam

Rivalry paired with Life Orb turns Pyroar into a nuke, especially in the sun. Considering PS automatically sets genders to Male, you'll be getting your moves boosted most of the time. Entraiment can cripple an opposing Pokemon and force a switch, especially when your whole team consists of males. The moveset guarantees as much damage output from its STAB moves and coverage from Solarbeam, which hits really hard as well.

Correction: For those who do not specify a particular gender, PS! will randomly assign a gender at the start of each match. Frankly speaking, you don't get the boost most of the time. Depending on what your opponent sends out, you run a chance to either get no boost or a negative boost (Gender is 50/50 for most Pokemon). Overall, Rivalry is really just a bad gimmick and Unnerve is infinitely better because it allows you to bypass Pokemon with resistance berries or Lum Berries (for Will-O-Wisp variants).

Onyx Tanuki

I felt like challenging myself to make a couple of new sets. I say "challenge" not because I think it's that difficult to come up with ideas in general, but because so many ideas have already been done, or that can't be done better by other pokemon than the ones I've chosen. That said, lemme at least give this a shot...

Walrein @ Leftovers
Ice Body/Oblivious
Bold/Calm
248 HP, 252 Def/SpDef, 8 SpAtt
- Hail/Aqua Ring
- Yawn
- Blizzard/Ice Beam/Frost Breath
- Surf/Protect

Defensive Walrein. As far as defensive typings, you could do a lot better than Water/Ice, but you could do a lot worse, too. And Walrein has some decent stats, 90 or higher in everything that actually matters to this set. It works as a decent Hail setter, in which case Ice Body could work for it, but considering a Hail team is tough to pull off effectively, it may be better to use Oblivious instead. Yawn can be used to potentially force a switch, giving Walrein a chance to put up Hail or Aqua Ring for recovery. For its primary attack, Blizzard is great, but a little lacking if you're not using Hail, so it may be better to go with Frost Breath or Ice Beam. Surf is good for a secondary attack, but protect can work well to help get it some additional recovery time as well as maybe stall out for some Hail damage.

It's kind of a shame Walrein doesn't have more reliable recovery options, like Slack Off, otherwise it'd be miles better than it is at present. It can effectively be used either for physical or special defense, but not likely both at once, since it has weaknesses on both sides (Electric and Grass generally being Special while Fighting and Rock are more often Physical), with Electric and Fighting being especially threatening since it can't really counter either without either going with less effective physical non-STAB moves like Earthquake. And of course there's Stealth Rock to contend with. It's prevo Sealeo does have some potential as an Eviolite user, but it sacrifices some passive recovery and a little HP, and because its offensive stats drop a fair amount too, you may have to replace one of its moves with Toxic to allow it to leave a dent in its opponents.

Cofagrigus @ Assault Vest
Mummy
Calm/Modest
248 HP, 252 Def/SpAtt/SpDef, 8 Def/SpAtt/SpDef
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball/Grass Knot/Psychic
- Knock Off/Energy Ball/Grass Knot/Psychic/Infestation/Shock Wave/Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Knock Off/Energy Ball/Grass Knot/Psychic/Infestation/Shock Wave/Hidden Power [Fighting]

I... honestly feel like I've shown off this set before, but as I mentioned above, this far into this generation it's hard to come up with new ideas. Still, I feel like this is a unique one that isn't often seen. Other Cofagrigus will suffer when hit by a Taunt, but this one will laugh in the opponent's face. You could choose any of three directions here: focus EVs on Def for a more balanced defensive spread, on SpDef to make him able to eat up Special hits like nothing, or SpAtt to make him a powerful wallbreaker.

Attack-wise he's surprisingly versatile, even if he has a tough time getting the coverage he wants. Shadow Ball is a no-brainer, being a powerful STAB move. He also needs a powerful coverage move, so we go with either Energy ball, Grass Knot, or Psychic; while the Grass options leave him with more things they hit super-effectively, Psychic leaves just as many things left over that are hit for resisted damage by both. After this, there's a large number of options we could go with that have various levels of utility or coverage. Knock Off and Infestation act as your utility attacks, since neither really helps regarding damage, but both can be used in crippling walls since the former will knock said wall's item away and the latter will trap them as well as deal residual damage that'll bypass their defenses. You can add Energy Ball, Grass Knot, or Psychic to keep all of your high-damage options available, or you can add HP Fighting, which pairs with Shadow Ball to provide perfect coverage. Shock Wave can be added if you include Psychic for your power option and HP Fighting as your first coverage option to maximize SE coverage.

The big downside to this variation is the complete lack of a recovery option to bolster the more defensive versions and the lack of Speed for the more offense-oriented versions. It could work well in Trick Room, but AV means it needs something else to set that up, and while it could absolutely take a hit, you'll only have a few turns to bust things up with it before the TR wears off and it's lagging behind most of your opponents again. I suppose it's fair though; if it had access to a draining move like Giga Drain, given its relatively low HP versus huge Defenses, it'd be much harder to kill.

Shindo

I'm kinda new here although I have played pokemon since I was 10 I never was able to play it completive, now I tried hard trough serebii to get a bit of a team but I always get the feeling that what I think is decent just plain suck for competitive battle.

So here are some of my Pokemon I Got trough the years, I migrated them to Omega S now.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Inner Focus
Adamant
301 Att. 295 hp, D 168, SpD 166, 243 Sp
Sword Dance
Thunder/Ice Punch
Earthquake
Close Combat

I chosen this Lucario because his speed seems to be relevant more then 10 more attack points I got on the other one, I hope it is somewhere decent because I want this to be my mega.

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Flame Body
Timid
321 SpAtt, 301 hp, 266 Sp, D 170, Spd 248
Quiver Dance
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz
Psychic

Well after breeding 40 of those darn bugs on diamond I got this.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Technician
Careful
329 Att, 214 SpD, 242 D, 183 Spd, hp 269
Sword Dance
Bullet Punch
Acrobatics
Superpower

Careful yes, no idea why I trained it, it seemed use fell, but i guess it sucks with this nature.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Marvel Scale
Bold
Hp 325, 235 D, SpAtt 233, SpD 300, Sp 205

Aqua ring
Recover
Scald
Ice beam

Milotic, this one is like my buddy since the original emerald, it got like 10 medals on it hahaha from all the games I transferred it trough, but not sure if it is even good to use, but yeah the feels is real of leavin it out of my team.

Gengar @ life orb
Levitate
Timid
SpAtt 311, Sp 293, SpD 168, D 144, hp 276

Shadow Ball
Sludge Bom
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Not using him at the moment as I’m levelling A togekiss and Zoroak, I think Zoroark would be fun combo with gengar in a way to set up nasty plot. I breeded allot of new zoroark as I believe that a lv 93 Zoroark with 288 SpAtt and 288 Sp is no where near good.

Also got a Garchomp but his ability sandveil is useless.

His stats are Att 334, D 242, SpD 209, and Sp 241, breeded him in black for Outrage.

Wel I hope someone can give me some advice, I’m really new to this competitive thing.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
I'm kinda new here although I have played pokemon since I was 10 I never was able to play it completive, now I tried hard trough serebii to get a bit of a team but I always get the feeling that what I think is decent just plain suck for competitive battle.

So here are some of my Pokemon I Got trough the years, I migrated them to Omega S now.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Inner Focus
Adamant
301 Att. 295 hp, 243 Sp
Sword Dance
Thunder/Ice Punch
Earthquake
Close Combat

I chosen this Lucario because his speed seems to be relevant more then 10 more attack points I got on the other one, I hope it is somewhere decent because I want this to be my mega.

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Flame Body
Timid
321 SpAtt, 301 hp, 266 Sp
Quiver Dance
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz
Psychic

Scizor @ Life Orb
Technician
Careful
Sword Dance
Bullet Punch
Acrobatics
Superpower

Careful yes, no idea why I trained it, it seemed use fell, but i guess it sucks with this nature.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Marvel Scale
Bold

Aqua ring
Recover
Scald
Ice beam

Milotic, this one is like my buddy since the original emerald, it got like 10 medals on it hahaha from all the games I transferred it trough, but not sure if it is even good to use, but yeah the feels is real of leavin it out of my team.

Gengar @ life orb
Levitate
Timid
SpAtt 311, Sp 293, SpD 168, D 144

Shadow Ball
Sludge Bom
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Not using him at the moment as I’m levelling A togekiss and Zoroak, I think Zoroark would be fun combo with gengar in a way to set up nasty plot. I breeded allot of new zoroark as I believe that a lv 93 Zoroark with 288 SpAtt and 288 Sp is no where near good.

His stats are Att 334, D 242, SpD 209, and Sp 241, breeded him in black for Outrage.

Wel I hope someone can give me some advice, I’m really new to this competitive thing.
Do you know how EVs work? Because we need to know what EV spreads you're using.

Also Lucarionite is banned in OU.

Shindo

Do you know how EVs work? Because we need to know what EV spreads you're using.

Also Lucarionite is banned in OU.

Bummer, The only thing I ever botherd to check was what nature it had and it's characteristic although that was just recently. Reading trough the evs now I guess I never knew that something as that was imported I guess i just did fool around with that.

Edit just gone trough it from what the website explained, basicly before you start leveling your pokemon you got to train it in those effort values so that is maxed before you go level it it up. I never did anything like that.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Bummer, The only thing I ever botherd to check was what nature it had and it's characteristic although that was just recently. Reading trough the evs now I guess I never knew that something as that was imported I guess i just did fool around with that.

Edit just gone trough it from what the website explained, basicly before you start leveling your pokemon you got to train it in those effort values so that is maxed before you go level it it up. I never did anything like that.
Based off of the fact your entire team is transfers, you should probably start from scratch to get good IVs, too.

Shindo

Based off of the fact your entire team is transfers, you should probably start from scratch to get good IVs, too.

I guessed so too, that is why I wanted to know of they where no near decent.

Onyx Tanuki

Alrighty. I'll go through them one at a time. Since the EVs aren't listed, I'll just suggest some for ya in my responses.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Inner Focus
Adamant
301 Att. 295 hp, D 168, SpD 166, 243 Sp
Sword Dance
Thunder/Ice Punch
Earthquake
Close Combat

As was already mentioned, Lucarionite is banned if you want to use this guy competitively, but if you're going for a free-for-all type of ruleset, you'd be better replacing the elemental punch with Bullet Punch; Mega Lucario gets STAB boosted by Adaptability, so Bullet Punch hits really hard, even for its naturally low power. Extremespeed is an option too, since Normal and Fighting together give you perfect neutral coverage to non-Ghosts, but then you'll struggle with threats like Aegislash, so EQ is really the preferable choice IMO. You could also go with a special set instead, using Nasty Plot, Flash Cannon, Aura Sphere/Vacuum Wave, and something for coverage (Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse would be great, each giving you perfect neutral coverage with Luke's STABs). You could go mixed since both of his offensive stats are really good, too, or even trade your boosting move out for, say, Vacuum Wave on an otherwise physical set or Close Combat on an otherwise special set. Similar sets can work for non-Mega, but you have to keep in mind that he won't have Adaptability then, so his STABs - particularly his priority moves - will be far weaker by comparison. he does work well with Life Orb in this case. I'd suggest a simple spread of EVs, maxing out Speed and whatever offensive stat you're using with him. As for ability, a physical one wold do a bit better with Justified so your enemy will think twice about using Knock Off on him, while Inner Focus is probably good enough for either version, though I can't see anyone really trying to smack him with Fake Out...[/quote]

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Flame Body
Timid
321 SpAtt, 301 hp, 266 Sp, D 170, Spd 248
Quiver Dance
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz
Psychic

This is looking pretty standard, except I think most Volcarona will opt for Giga Drain instead. Flamethrower and Fire Blast could be much better options than Fiery Dance IMO since you already have QD to beef up your SpAtt and both moves have crap accuracy. Psychic is still a good option, since combined with Fire and Bug, Psychic is the only type amongst those nonSTABs Volcarona gets that offers perfect neutral coverage. Stats are really simple too; max SpAtt and Speed EVs. Keep in mind that you need to keep its HP at an odd max number though so it can survive two switch-ins to Rocks rather than only one.[/quote]

Scizor @ Life Orb
Technician
Careful
Sword Dance
Bullet Punch
Acrobatics
Superpower

Although slower, he's filling the exact same role as Lucario, and for the same reasons; his ability (in this case Technician) buffs the power of his Bullet Punch. It's criminal that he isn't using Bug Bite or U-Turn; the former benefits from Technician work with it to make it Scizor's most powerful Bug STAB, while the latter combines with decent bulk and incredible defensive typing to make Scizor an amazing scouting pokemon. If you need a Flying move as an option, Aerial Ace is much better than Acrobatics I'd say; while I can see Acrobatics' appeal since it's getting Technician boost if you still have an item, Scizor has less risk of losing its item than a straight defensive pokemon might, and if you DO lose your item it only has 20 base power on AA, and 10 LESS than Superpower. Speaking of which, Superpower would work great if you switch him to Choice Scarf/Band and trade SD out for Knock Off. If you want to go with a Scarf set, typical Attack/Speed max EVs is good along with a Jolly nature, while a bulkier one will want to go with some more HP at the cost of Speed and go Adamant. A slow-switcher might be a possibility as well (though its Speed sets it where it isn't necessarily getting outsped all the time even with Speed minimized), in which case HP and Attack can be maxed and you'd go with a Brave nature (and if you're minmaxing, go with 0 IVs in Speed).[/quote]

Milotic @ Leftovers
Marvel Scale
Bold

Aqua ring
Recover
Scald
Ice beam

Milotic is a decent defensive pokemon, but we do kinda need to get something straight: Aqua Ring is trash. I'm sorry, I love the move and use it on BPing Vaporeon for stall teams and Wailord for low tier battling, but if a pokemon has ANY means to actively recover its HP, that should be replacing AR, not being used WITH it. Although risky, Flame Orb would be a decent item to use on this set, since the damage can be Recovered and you'll get the Def boost without having to resort to a RestTalk set. It's kind of a shame it doesn't get anything especially good for coverage beyond Hidden Power, but if you do go for an attack in AR's place, Hidden Power [Grass] would be great to help Milotic take down opposing Water types, particularly Water/Ground types. Dragon Pulse is also a decent option with more power but not SE against Water, while Toxic works well with Milotic's defensive nature if you don't wanna rely on Scald to Burn. Dragon Tail is decent, allowing you to shuffle out non-Fairy boosters, Confuse Ray Confuses, and Substitute could help it stall out for longer. For this one I'd go with HP and Defense for most of its EVs, putting some spare EVs into SpAtt.[/quote]

Gengar @ life orb
Levitate
Timid
SpAtt 311, Sp 293, SpD 168, D 144, hp 276

Shadow Ball
Sludge Bom
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Looks pretty decent, and actually pretty standard aside from Psychic; more often they'll pack Focus Blast and/or Dazzling Gleam since FB gives it perfect neutral coverage while DG is more accurate at the cost of power and... the ability to hit Pyroar for neutral damage. Yeah not a big loss there, and even if it was, that's kinda already covered by Sludge Bomb. For your fourth move, you could pick almost anything for added coverage (T-Bolt, Psychic, FB, DG, Energy Ball, and Giga Drain are all good options depending on what your team is most threatened by), or you could go for Destiny Bond or Confuse Ray. I will say, though, just so you know, Gengarite is in the same boat as Lucarionite.

Shindo

A
lrighty. I'll go through them one at a time. Since the EVs aren't listed, I'll just suggest some for ya in my responses.

As was already mentioned, Lucarionite is banned if you want to use this guy competitively, but if you're going for a free-for-all type of ruleset, you'd be better replacing the elemental punch with Bullet Punch; Mega Lucario gets STAB boosted by Adaptability, so Bullet Punch hits really hard, even for its naturally low power. Extremespeed is an option too, since Normal and Fighting together give you perfect neutral coverage to non-Ghosts, but then you'll struggle with threats like Aegislash, so EQ is really the preferable choice IMO. You could also go with a special set instead, using Nasty Plot, Flash Cannon, Aura Sphere/Vacuum Wave, and something for coverage (Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse would be great, each giving you perfect neutral coverage with Luke's STABs). You could go mixed since both of his offensive stats are really good, too, or even trade your boosting move out for, say, Vacuum Wave on an otherwise physical set or Close Combat on an otherwise special set. Similar sets can work for non-Mega, but you have to keep in mind that he won't have Adaptability then, so his STABs - particularly his priority moves - will be far weaker by comparison. he does work well with Life Orb in this case. I'd suggest a simple spread of EVs, maxing out Speed and whatever offensive stat you're using with him. As for ability, a physical one wold do a bit better with Justified so your enemy will think twice about using Knock Off on him, while Inner Focus is probably good enough for either version, though I can't see anyone really trying to smack him with Fake Out...

This is looking pretty standard, except I think most Volcarona will opt for Giga Drain instead. Flamethrower and Fire Blast could be much better options than Fiery Dance IMO since you already have QD to beef up your SpAtt and both moves have crap accuracy. Psychic is still a good option, since combined with Fire and Bug, Psychic is the only type amongst those nonSTABs Volcarona gets that offers perfect neutral coverage. Stats are really simple too; max SpAtt and Speed EVs. Keep in mind that you need to keep its HP at an odd max number though so it can survive two switch-ins to Rocks rather than only one.

Although slower, he's filling the exact same role as Lucario, and for the same reasons; his ability (in this case Technician) buffs the power of his Bullet Punch. It's criminal that he isn't using Bug Bite or U-Turn; the former benefits from Technician work with it to make it Scizor's most powerful Bug STAB, while the latter combines with decent bulk and incredible defensive typing to make Scizor an amazing scouting pokemon. If you need a Flying move as an option, Aerial Ace is much better than Acrobatics I'd say; while I can see Acrobatics' appeal since it's getting Technician boost if you still have an item, Scizor has less risk of losing its item than a straight defensive pokemon might, and if you DO lose your item it only has 20 base power on AA, and 10 LESS than Superpower. Speaking of which, Superpower would work great if you switch him to Choice Scarf/Band and trade SD out for Knock Off. If you want to go with a Scarf set, typical Attack/Speed max EVs is good along with a Jolly nature, while a bulkier one will want to go with some more HP at the cost of Speed and go Adamant. A slow-switcher might be a possibility as well (though its Speed sets it where it isn't necessarily getting outsped all the time even with Speed minimized), in which case HP and Attack can be maxed and you'd go with a Brave nature (and if you're minmaxing, go with 0 IVs in Speed).

Milotic is a decent defensive pokemon, but we do kinda need to get something straight: Aqua Ring is trash. I'm sorry, I love the move and use it on BPing Vaporeon for stall teams and Wailord for low tier battling, but if a pokemon has ANY means to actively recover its HP, that should be replacing AR, not being used WITH it. Although risky, Flame Orb would be a decent item to use on this set, since the damage can be Recovered and you'll get the Def boost without having to resort to a RestTalk set. It's kind of a shame it doesn't get anything especially good for coverage beyond Hidden Power, but if you do go for an attack in AR's place, Hidden Power [Grass] would be great to help Milotic take down opposing Water types, particularly Water/Ground types. Dragon Pulse is also a decent option with more power but not SE against Water, while Toxic works well with Milotic's defensive nature if you don't wanna rely on Scald to Burn. Dragon Tail is decent, allowing you to shuffle out non-Fairy boosters, Confuse Ray Confuses, and Substitute could help it stall out for longer. For this one I'd go with HP and Defense for most of its EVs, putting some spare EVs into SpAtt.

Looks pretty decent, and actually pretty standard aside from Psychic; more often they'll pack Focus Blast and/or Dazzling Gleam since FB gives it perfect neutral coverage while DG is more accurate at the cost of power and... the ability to hit Pyroar for neutral damage. Yeah not a big loss there, and even if it was, that's kinda already covered by Sludge Bomb. For your fourth move, you could pick almost anything for added coverage (T-Bolt, Psychic, FB, DG, Energy Ball, and Giga Drain are all good options depending on what your team is most threatened by), or you could go for Destiny Bond or Confuse Ray. I will say, though, just so you know, Gengarite is in the same boat as Lucarionite.

Thanks, I guess same goes for alakazam lol. ok here is something i can work with.

Zydren The Hydreigon

Average Trainer
Carchomp
Rough skin
Choice scarf
Adamant

252 attack 252 speed
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire blast
Stome edge
Is this good?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Carchomp
Rough skin
Choice scarf
Adamant

252 attack 252 speed
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire blast
Stome edge
Is this good?

This is a pretty standard ScarfChomp set, so yes, this is a good way to build Garchomp as an end-game sweeper. Fire Blast is pretty standard, but you do need to realize when using it that since it's a Special move and Garchomp doesn't have very good special attack and it has no SpAtk EVs (they wouldn't make much of a difference anyway), that Fire Blast won't do much damage to anything that it doesn't hit super-effectively. It's really only used for Skarmory, Scizor, and Ferrothorn, all of which wall Garchomp. If you do want Fire Blast, a Naive nature is better than an Adamant one. If you want to stick with an all-physical moveset, Iron Tail is a good substitute for Fire Blast because it hits Fairies.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Scarf Garchomp runs Jolly to beat base 100s and will often have Dragon Claw > Fire Blast so it doesn't have to lock itself into Outrage to revenge stuff weak to Dragon.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

If you want to stick with an all-physical moveset, Iron Tail is a good substitute for Fire Blast because it hits Fairies.

Even if for some reason you desired a Steel type attack, Iron Tail's 75% accuracy can and will let you down. Iron Head saw some usage for fairies early in XY, but a neutral Earthquake hits most fairies hard enough as it is, since a 2x SE Iron Head is only marginally stronger than a neutral STAB Earthquake. Dragon Claw was often used for the final slot if locking yourself into Outrage was undesirable on fully physical sets.

Also, fully physical wants to be Jolly so it can outspeed base 100's at +1.

Edit: Greninja'd.

Onyx Tanuki

A

Thanks, I guess same goes for alakazam lol. ok here is something i can work with.

The thing with Alakazam is that you may actually be better off using its normal form over its Mega. The Mega has a better base SpAtt, better Speed, and its ability is a pretty useful one in certain situations, but you may not necessarily need more than base Alakazam's base 120 Speed, and because it can hold items it can fulfill roles Mega Alakazam can't, and in fact can hit harder than Mega Alakazam despite being 40 SpAtt behind it. Here's some examples:

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Magic Guard
Modest/Timid
4 HP, 252 SpAtt, 252 Speed
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball/Dazzling Gleam/Charge Beam/Hidden Power [Fire/Ice/Rock]

This is pretty close to the standard set, and can be used for Mega Alakazam, but the appeal here is that Megic Guard protects Alakazam not only allows Alakazam to switch in on Toxic and Will-o-Wisp and ignore damage from Spikes and Stealth Rock, but also allows him to ignore Life Orb damage. And thanks to Life Orb, he's going to be outdamaging Mega Alakazam in anything he does. You'll note that HP was left blank, and that's because it really depends on what kind of coverage you need. Energy Ball won't make it more super-effective to much, but will threaten those pesky Water/Ground types. Dazzling Gleam is a good way to handle Dark types if you don't need Focus Blast's power, or ones that are neutral to Fighting such as Mandibuzz and Drapion. Charge Beam isn't strong enough to matter much, but it does have a high chance of increasing your SpAtt while still dealing some damage. HP Fire would help it handle Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and the multitude of Bug/Steel types out there, while both Rock and Ice would offer the best possible coverage (Rock in particular if you expect Charizard or Talonflame to switch in). The downside to this set though is that going with the Mega version instead will allow you to drop a chunk of Speed EVs and put them into HP; as I mentioned the added Speed isn't absolutely necessary, so you can sacrifice it for bulk, whereas regular Alakazam doesn't have that option.

Alakazam @ Flame Orb
Magic Guard
Modest/Timid
4 HP, 252 SpAtt, 252 Speed
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast/Energy Ball/Dazzling Gleam/Charge Beam/Hidden Power [Fire/Ice/Rock]
- Trick/Psycho Shift

This one does something Mega Alakazam cannot, in that it has a means to inflict Burns on the opponent. Focus Blast is probably the best choice for coverage here, but I kept the other options from above since they are still somewhat viable (though you will have to keep in mind that Dark types may be a nightmare to handle if you don't use Dazzling Gleam or Focus Blast for them). The last slot is interacting with the Orb item, though; Trick will trade the item to an opponent, giving it an incurable Burn as well as potentially crippling it by stealing an item that'd have been useful to it, while Psycho Shift will instead just transfer Alakazam's Burn over to it. Toxic Orb is an option as well, though it's considerably less useful against Poison types (although, aside from Poison/Dark types, there really shouldn't be anything to fear from them). If you accidentally trade Flame Orb for a Black Sludge? No big deal, it's not like you'll be taking damage from it, and you can just Trick that onto something else on the opponent's team. An added benefit is that, so long as you have a turn for Flame Orb to kick in, Alakazam's Burn will prevent it from being hit by Sleep, Paralysis, or Freeze, allowing it to switch in on enemies with any sort of major status move including Spore or Thunder Wave fearlessly as long as you predict it.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Non-Mega Zam shouldn't run Modest because its high Speed is one of its best assets. Mega Zam is so fast that it will still outspeed what it needs to with Modest, but normal Zam wants to be able to beat Tornadus-T, Keldeo, etc. since Modest gives it the equivalent of base 101.

Zydren The Hydreigon

Average Trainer
Ok so I might go with
Garchomp
Adamant
Scarf
252 attack and speed
Dragon claw
Iron head
Earthquake
Stone edge

Opinions?