• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Single Rates - READ THE FIRST POST

Swampert is UU.

Life Orb is pointless on a bulky tank. Use Leftovers. For that matter, scrap CounterCoat, because it won't be living any Grass attacks bar Absorb anyway. Whirlpool is pointless with no attacks to take advantage of it, and Protect/Avalanche will see basically no use. Stick with the standard sets.

PKMaster2

Catching them all.
Swampert is UU.

Life Orb is pointless on a bulky tank. Use Leftovers. For that matter, scrap CounterCoat, because it won't be living any Grass attacks bar Absorb anyway. Whirlpool is pointless with no attacks to take advantage of it, and Protect/Avalanche will see basically no use. Stick with the standard sets.

Do you have a link for a Gen. 6 non-transfer Swampert Moveset?

KillerDraco

Do you have a link for a Gen. 6 non-transfer Swampert Moveset?

Swampert didn't really gain anything in Gen 6, so it's more or less the same as Gen 5. Non-Transfer just loses out on Ice Punch for offensive set, which forces it to run the inferior Avalanche if it wants an Ice type attack, and Stealth Rock for more defensive/utility sets, for which Swampert has no replacement. But to be fair, given the competitive side of Pokemon takes place on simulators, there's no real reason not to use Transfer moves.

Unless you're of course talking about Nintendo formats, which are of course another cup of tea altogether, and Imposter seems to have covered that cup of tea.

PKMaster2

Catching them all.
Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roar

Here you go.

Dont get me wrong, this is a good set, but I hate Physical and Special moves in one moveset. I will prob replace it with waterfall, or whatever. I honesty would give it up for extra damage, as it can probably 1HKO a Alakazam :) But it seems creative and damaging.

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
Reposting these from the In-Game Singles Rate thread, since these are some pokemon I'd like to see the viability of...

584.png

Vanilluxe @ Leftovers/Life Orb/Expert Belt
Weak Armor
Modest/Timid
4 HP, 252 SpAtt, 252 Speed
- Rain Dance
- Weather Ball
- Freeze-Dry
- Flash Cannon

I actually got this idea from hearing a comment in a competitive play video I was watching recently. Although he might have trouble actually taking a hit thanks to his typing, if he can survive just one, he's going to get that Speed boost from Weak Armor, and that's likely to be enough to help him sweep through a large chunk of the opponent's team later in a match. Rain Dance is rather essential for this, as not only does it give him a 100 power Water-type move in Weather Ball (rather than a wimpy 50 power Normal move), but it also reduces the potential damage it could take from Fire moves. Weather Ball is only there to be used in the rain, of course, but it's flexible enough that it could function even in sun or sand. Freeze-Dry is probably the best STAB it has, and Flash Cannon finishes off its perfect type coverage. The reason why Freeze-Dry is there instead of Ice Beam is because otherwise, Vanilluxe would be walled hard by nearly any Water type, and it can act a really nasty surprise against any Water/Grounds that think they could walk in an wall you just because you don't have access to a Grass move. Leftovers could help Vanilluxe survive a little longer, but I'm leaning more toward Life Orb or Expert Belt, seeing as Freeze-Dry's anti-Water power gives Vanilluxe amazing SE coverage and a little healing is unlikely to save a melting ice cream cone anyway.

169.png

Crobat @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
Infiltrator
Modest
4 HP, 252 SpAtt, 252 Speed
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash/Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain/Dark Pulse/Heat Wave
- Giga Drain/Dark Pulse/Heat Wave

Typically, Crobat is used as a physical attacker, but it gets access to Nasty Plot and has a decent Special movepool, so this could make for a nice surprise to handle physical walls like Avalugg. Nasty Plot, of course, is essential. I chose to only go with one STAB since the two have fairly similar coverage on top of Crobat's other options; you can either go Air Slash for the Flinch hax or Sludge Bomb for more power. Beyond that, you can choose between Heat Wave, Giga Drain, and Dark Pulse depending on what you want. for coverage. Every possible combo misses something, though...

Air Slash/Giga Drain/Dark Pulse - Mawile, Bisharp, Klefki w/ 419 SE
Air Slash/Giga Drain/Heat Wave - Rotom-Heat, Zekrom, Ampharos w/ 394 SE
Air Slash/Dark Pulse/Heat Wave - Tyranitar, Carbink w/ 331 SE
Sludge Bomb/Giga Drain/Dark Pulse - Mawile, Skuntank, Bisharp, Drapion, Lucario, Toxicroak, Cobalion, Klefki w/ 343 SE
Sludge Bomb/Giga Drain/Heat Wave - Giratina, Chandelure, Dragalge w/ 380 SE
Sludge Bomb/Heat Wave/Dark Pulse - Tyranitar, Terrakion w/ 316 SE

So while Sludge Bomb/Giga Drain/Dark Pulse is clearly the worst, there's not that huge a difference between the rest as far as neutral hits. If playing in UU, probably the best option is Air Slash/Giga Drain/Dark Pulse since all the things that resist that combo are locked in OU and it has the highest number of pokemon weak to something in said combo, but at the same time those are the three weakest moves amongst the five options, so it evens out somewhat with the others having at least one or two pokemon that they can't hit in the UU tier.

One of the biggest downsides to a Special Crobat is that it NEEDS to set up Nasty Plot to be worth anything unless you have something that can Baton Pass a Special boost onto it, like Volbeat or Venomoth. 70 base SpAtt is not good by any stretch of the imagination. Furthermore he's still going to be wrecked by most Special walls that pack Seismic Toss if the Flinch hax isn't with him. It'd be a good idea to make sure any Special walls as well as anything at least semi-bulky that might carry one of its weaknesses are all taken down before this version of Crobat tries to sweep.

BurningBlaze

Ace Trainer
Noivern@Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk.
Timid Nature.
168 Def, 252 Sp.atk, 84 spd.
Moves:
- Flame Thrower.
- Draco Meteor.
-Hurricane.
-Boom Burst.

The speed evs are enough to outspeed unboosted, non choice-scarf Salamance and Garchomp. I chose frisk over infiltrator to scope out what items the former pokemon are holding. Boomburst is really to get past substitutes as I'm not running infiltrator, but I'm considering U-turn. The defense evs let me take a return from mega pinsir, and anything Ferrothorn can use.

PKMaster2

Catching them all.
Noivern@Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk.
Timid Nature.
168 Def, 252 Sp.atk, 84 spd.
Moves:
- Flame Thrower.
- Draco Meteor.
-Hurricane.
-Boom Burst.

The speed evs are enough to outspeed unboosted, non choice-scarf Salamance and Garchomp. I chose frisk over infiltrator to scope out what items the former pokemon are holding. Boomburst is really to get past substitutes as I'm not running infiltrator, but I'm considering U-turn. The defense evs let me take a return from mega pinsir, and anything Ferrothorn can use.
I dont like the Def EV at all. If anything, I would do Sp.Def. You might have a slim chance of surviving an Ice beam or Moonblast. And putting Def EV's for TWO pokemon is just dumb.
Because I love healing moves, Roost is a good idea. because he will be eaisly 2HKOed by any normal/Supereffective move. It also takes away the Flying type, so you will get a 2x instead of 4x on Ice moves, and some other threats. Flame-Thrower is a good pick, but you could go for Focus Blast, if you wanna give up accuracy.
Hurricane is hella risky, but i always seem to hit it. Air Slash could help to give a potential flinch that could save poor noivern.
Choice Specs is good and horrible. Leftovers would be no use, so good job on crossing that out. Spamming Flame-Thrower/Focus Blast on Ice, Steel and Fighting types will be good, but if Noivern is your last pokemon, you better hope someone got Knock Off on ther moveset.
id rate it a 3.75/5. Need some work but is pretty good. I kinda hate Noivern though, because he has one of the worst stat placements ( Low defs. and atks. but an overhaul on Spd.)To my opinion. My Greninja would wipe your Noivern, with its max EV on Spd, max IV's on Spd, and a Ben. Nature. on Sp.Atk.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Does anyone else consider either of these sets viable?
Cinccino@Expert Belt
Ability: Skill Link
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Tail Slap
-Bullet Seed
-Rock Blast
-U-turn

This set is probably one of the best sets I have used. Skill Link, Expert Belt and the multi-strike moves can deal heavy damage to most things, especially Talonflame and Azumarill. U-turn enables a quick escape. This set relies on Cinccino's amazing Speed stat to outrun most things, with the Attack boosts to actually cause damage.
The other set is:
Spinda@Bright Powder
Ability: Tangled Feet
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 Spd
-Thrash
-Rock Slide
-Wild Charge
-Sucker Punch

This is an odd set. Thrash and Tangled Feet causes an evasion boost, which ties well with the Bright Powder. The remainder of the moves run for coverage, especially against Ghost, Bug, Water, Fire and Flying types, especially Azumarills and Talonflames.

There are the sets, any pointers please? and BTW, I don't run these two sets in the same team, due to the identical typings.

Onyx Tanuki

Does anyone else consider either of these sets viable?
Cinccino@Expert Belt
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Tail Slap
-Bullet Seed
-Rock Blast
-U-turn

This set is probably one of the best sets I have used. Skill Link, Expert Belt and the multi-strike moves can deal heavy damage to most things, especially Talonflame and Azumarill. U-turn enables a quick escape. This set relies on Cinccino's amazing Speed stat to outrun most things, with the Attack boosts to actually cause damage.

I think that's actually pretty standard for Cincinno. Knock Off, Thunder Wave, Work Up, and Gunk Shot are also viable in place of U-Turn. For item, you could choose Choice Band to get the most bang possible out of your attacks, which would work very well with Knock Off, Gunk Shot, or U-Turn. You could also go with King's Rock/Sharp Claw, as I believe each hit from your multi-hit attacks checks for the flinch chance separately, allowing for some nasty paraflinching combined with Thunder Wave. Expert Belt is nice too, though you won't get a boost to Tail Slap that way, and Life Orb is another good option. Honestly Cincinno can easily rock any item built for strong physical offense.

The other set is:
Spinda@Bright Powder
Ability: Tangled Feet
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 Spd
-Thrash
-Rock Slide
-Wild Charge
-Sucker Punch

This is an odd set. Thrash and Tangled Feet causes an evasion boost, which ties well with the Bright Powder. The remainder of the moves run for coverage, especially against Ghost, Bug, Water, Fire and Flying types, especially Azumarills and Talonflames.

There are the sets, any pointers please? and BTW, I don't run these two sets in the same team, due to the identical typings.

I'm pretty sure Brightpowder is banned, but barring that, Spinda really is not that good a pokemon. Its stats are absolute garbage, sitting at 60 across the board, and the evasion boost from Tangled Feet isn't going to keep Spinda from hurting itself half the time. The coverage moves are more or less pointless, as they all deal roughly the same damage against something weak to them as Thrash would, with the exception of 4x weak pokemon. Chances are incredibly slim that it'd survive a Brave Bird from Talonflame, and it has no chance whatsoever of taking on Azumarill, which not only would be a 3HKO from Wild Charge at best, but which can eat you alive with Superpower. I wouldn't recommend using Spinda seriously at all.

avsimone

Magma Trainer
Assault Vest Empoleon

I know that a lot of people don't use empoleon in standard play too much, or otherwise because of the large mass of fighting Pokemon. but here's a set that I really like:

;395;
Empoleon @ assault vest
Ability: torrent
EVs: 252Hp, 252Sp.Atk, 4Sp.Def
Nature: Modest
Moves:
  • Hydro Pump
  • Scald / Whirlpool / aqua jet
  • Flash cannon
  • Grass Knot / Ice Beam

Alright so here's the set. It's not a powerhouse like Tyranitar, but it's got a way better defensive typing and man can it use it. With a 111 Sp.Atk a hydro pump fro a 252EV positive Nature is nothing to scoff at, and with 101 Sp.Def the assault vest can boost an un-invested stat to really high levels. I really like assault vest Pokemon, but the only problem is which moves to use. this set has a little bit of 4MSS.

Hydro Pump is much needed power, but the second water STAB is completely up to you. Scald for physical attackers looking to capitalize on Empoleon's low defense is always helpful. For those of you who want to trap special attackers and lay waste to them as their health gets chopped away every turn, go with whirlpool. but for those who want to pick of some weakened Pokemon (though they'd have to be REALLY weak), awua jet can be used. Flash Cannon is a powerful secondary STAB that allows you to defeat Ice and Fairy types with ease. The last move slot really depends on what you want to be fighting. If you don't want other bulky waters walling you, go with grass knot (though it's not as powerful against smaller waters). If you wanted guarenteed power though, you could go for hidden power grass/electric. Ice beam is always a good move for knocking out them Dragon types. It also hits flying types pretty hard too.

Counters to this set are going to be special walls. This set cannot touch a blissey, chansey or (if you lack ice beam) Assault Vest- Goodra. It's made to check/counter special attackers who aren't expecting an empoleon to tank their hits. Other counters include Bulky waters if grass knot isn't used, bulky grass types if ice beam isn't used. You could exchange your secondary water STAB for either Ice Beam or Grass Knot but then you lose out on some utility. The last counter is fast Physical attackers with STAB Fighting/Ground moves.

This set probably won't be used too much in standard play. but I can see it used a lot in UU

I know that a lot of people don't use empoleon in standard play too much, or otherwise because of the large mass of fighting Pokemon. but here's a set that I really like:

;395;
Empoleon @ assault vest
Ability: torrent
EVs: 252Hp, 252Sp.Atk, 4Sp.Def
Nature: Modest
Moves:
  • Hydro Pump
  • Scald / Whirlpool / aqua jet
  • Flash cannon
  • Grass Knot / Ice Beam

Alright so here's the set. It's not a powerhouse like Tyranitar, but it's got a way better defensive typing and man can it use it. With a 111 Sp.Atk a hydro pump fro a 252EV positive Nature is nothing to scoff at, and with 101 Sp.Def the assault vest can boost an un-invested stat to really high levels. I really like assault vest Pokemon, but the only problem is which moves to use. this set has a little bit of 4MSS.

Hydro Pump is much needed power, but the second water STAB is completely up to you. Scald for physical attackers looking to capitalize on Empoleon's low defense is always helpful. For those of you who want to trap special attackers and lay waste to them as their health gets chopped away every turn, go with whirlpool. but for those who want to pick of some weakened Pokemon (though they'd have to be REALLY weak), awua jet can be used. Flash Cannon is a powerful secondary STAB that allows you to defeat Ice and Fairy types with ease. The last move slot really depends on what you want to be fighting. If you don't want other bulky waters walling you, go with grass knot (though it's not as powerful against smaller waters). If you wanted guarenteed power though, you could go for hidden power grass/electric. Ice beam is always a good move for knocking out them Dragon types. It also hits flying types pretty hard too.

Counters to this set are going to be special walls. This set cannot touch a blissey, chansey or (if you lack ice beam) Assault Vest- Goodra. It's made to check/counter special attackers who aren't expecting an empoleon to tank their hits. Other counters include Bulky waters if grass knot isn't used, bulky grass types if ice beam isn't used. You could exchange your secondary water STAB for either Ice Beam or Grass Knot but then you lose out on some utility. The last counter is fast Physical attackers with STAB Fighting/Ground moves.

This set probably won't be used too much in standard play. but I can see it used a lot in UU

I woulnt bother with Aqua Jet. As for the secondary water STAB, Scald is your best bet thanks to that 30% burn chance. Whirlpool isnt that great, even if it does trap Pokes.

Ice Beam is usually the safest bet, as it gets better coverage. SUre, water types will then wall you, bu thats what Teammates are for.

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Def
Nature: Timid
- Baton Pass
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Roost / Heat Wave / HP Ice

While Zapdos appears outclassed as an Agility Passer, there are benefits to using Zapdos over other Pokemon. The first and most obvious benefit is the immunity to paralysis thanks to its electric typing. The electric typing also grants it an edge over spikers and flying types not named Thundurus-I, Skarmory in particular, while forcing them out and getting a free Agility in the process. In all honesty, I just want to try out BP Zapdos and see how it works, but I'd like some expert advice on how to set it up.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Hey guys, So what do you think of this Sceptile that I've breed? If I have get HP (Fire) or HP (Ice), how can I breed it? I got the Power Items.

Sceptile @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Speed
Ivs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
-Leaf Storm
-Energy Ball
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Dark)

If I done anything wrong, let me know.

Onyx Tanuki

Hey guys, So what do you think of this Sceptile that I've breed? If I have get HP (Fire) or HP (Ice), how can I breed it? I got the Power Items.

Sceptile @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Speed
-Leaf Storm
-Energy Ball
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Dark)

If I done anything wrong, let me know.

This is a set I've used before, and it's not too shabby. I don't remember which Hidden Power I used though, but I'd say Rock would be the most useful since it counters Ice, Fire, Flying, and Bug, and also gives you pretty much the best coverage you can get. This does leave you unable to hit Doublade/Aegislash or Toxicroak for SE damage, though, and it's probably not worth it to face off against a Flying type that's neutral to Rock (such as Skarmory or Gligar/Gliscor). You could also replace Leaf Storm for Substitute and go with a Petaya Berry if you think you can scare the opponent out and Sub up to the point that the Berry activates; it's riskier and requires more time to set up, but has a bigger payoff than being able to Leaf Storm twice in a row.

HP Fire requires 31/30/31/30/30/31, Ice needs 31/31/31/30/31/31, and Rock takes 31/31/30/30/31/30. No matter what, your Speed's going to have to take a hit.

----------

Alrighty, my turn to try for a lesser-used pokemon I might want on a UU team (or at least RU when it comes time for that tier to be analyzed):

618.png

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Static/Sand Veil
Modest/Quiet
252 HP, 252 SpAtt, 4 Def
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald/Muddy Water/Stealth Rock/Sandstorm

Oh, how I wish this little guy got Serene Grace; he just seems like the Dunsparce of Gen 5 to me. He'd do so well with it. Anyway, with his low 32 base Speed and decent 109/84/99 bulk, Stunfisk seems like a perfect fit for a Trick Room team. All of his primary attacks is a 30% chance to do something nasty to the opponent, whether it be Paralysis, Poison, Burn, accuracy drop, or SpDef drop. Seriously, I think he'd be at the minimum a strong UU pokemon if he had Serene Grace to back him up. Instead, though, he has Static, which is probably his best option outside of Sand, or Sand Veil if he IS in Sand. Being an Electric/Ground type does make him weak to several common attacking types, though, and his last ability, Limber, is completely useless with Gen 6 granting Electric types immunity to Paralysis. Static/Quiet with 0 IVs in Speed would be best for the Trick Room variant, while Sand Veil/Modest is better for the Sandstorm variant. A bonus to his movepool besides the rate of dealing afflictions is his coverage; Electric/Ground/Poison covers a wide variety of threats, and throwing in Water gives you perfect neutral coverage save for Shedinja. If you wish, in place of his Water move, he could be used to set up Stealth Rock or Sandstorm, or possibly for a more accurate status move.

306.png

Aggron @ Iron Ball
Heavy Metal
Brave
252 HP, 252 Att, 4 SpDef (0 Speed IVs)
- Heavy Slam
- Fling
- Curse
- Stealth Rock/Dragon Tail/Earthquake

This one's tailor-made to be in a Trick Room team as a late-game physical sweeper. With Iron Ball halving its Speed, along with having its Speed minimized by its nature, 0 IVs, and a use of Curse if it has the chance to set up, it shouldn't be beaten by anything that doesn't have Priority. If something comes in that resists Steel, it could Fling its Iron Ball for pretty decent damage as well. Its final move is either for utility in the for of Stealth Rock or Dragon Tail, or coverage in the form of Earthquake to hit things that resist both Steel and Dark. The downside to this set is that it leaves him especially vulnerable to Low Kick and Grass Knot, but I honestly haven't seen those moves at all in any of my matches on Showdown. Either way, it's wise to bring along something to counter those moves if you plan to use this set.

Last edited:

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
This is a set I've used before, and it's not too shabby. I don't remember which Hidden Power I used though, but I'd say Rock would be the most useful since it counters Ice, Fire, Flying, and Bug, and also gives you pretty much the best coverage you can get. This does leave you unable to hit Doublade/Aegislash or Toxicroak for SE damage, though, and it's probably not worth it to face off against a Flying type that's neutral to Rock (such as Skarmory or Gligar/Gliscor). You could also replace Leaf Storm for Substitute and go with a Petaya Berry if you think you can scare the opponent out and Sub up to the point that the Berry activates; it's riskier and requires more time to set up, but has a bigger payoff than being able to Leaf Storm twice in a row.

HP Fire requires 31/30/31/30/30/31, Ice needs 31/31/31/30/31/31, and Rock takes 31/31/30/30/31/30. No matter what, your Speed's going to have to take a hit.

----------

Alrighty, my turn to try for a lesser-used pokemon I might want on a UU team (or at least RU when it comes time for that tier to be analyzed):

618.png

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Static/Sand Veil
Modest/Quiet
252 HP, 252 SpAtt, 4 Def
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald/Muddy Water/Stealth Rock/Sandstorm

Oh, how I wish this little guy got Serene Grace; he just seems like the Dunsparce of Gen 5 to me. He'd do so well with it. Anyway, with his low 32 base Speed and decent 109/84/99 bulk, Stunfisk seems like a perfect fit for a Trick Room team. All of his primary attacks is a 30% chance to do something nasty to the opponent, whether it be Paralysis, Poison, Burn, accuracy drop, or SpDef drop. Seriously, I think he'd be at the minimum a strong UU pokemon if he had Serene Grace to back him up. Instead, though, he has Static, which is probably his best option outside of Sand, or Sand Veil if he IS in Sand. Being an Electric/Ground type does make him weak to several common attacking types, though, and his last ability, Limber, is completely useless with Gen 6 granting Electric types immunity to Paralysis. Static/Quiet with 0 IVs in Speed would be best for the Trick Room variant, while Sand Veil/Modest is better for the Sandstorm variant. A bonus to his movepool besides the rate of dealing afflictions is his coverage; Electric/Ground/Poison covers a wide variety of threats, and throwing in Water gives you perfect neutral coverage save for Shedinja. If you wish, in place of his Water move, he could be used to set up Stealth Rock or Sandstorm, or possibly for a more accurate status move.

306.png

Aggron @ Iron Ball
Heavy Metal
Brave
252 HP, 252 Att, 4 SpDef (0 Speed IVs)
- Heavy Slam
- Fling
- Curse
- Stealth Rock/Dragon Tail/Earthquake

This one's tailor-made to be in a Trick Room team as a late-game physical sweeper. With Iron Ball halving its Speed, along with having its Speed minimized by its nature, 0 IVs, and a use of Curse if it has the chance to set up, it shouldn't be beaten by anything that doesn't have Priority. If something comes in that resists Steel, it could Fling its Iron Ball for pretty decent damage as well. Its final move is either for utility in the for of Stealth Rock or Dragon Tail, or coverage in the form of Earthquake to hit things that resist both Steel and Dark. The downside to this set is that it leaves him especially vulnerable to Low Kick and Grass Knot, but I honestly haven't seen those moves at all in any of my matches on Showdown. Either way, it's wise to bring along something to counter those moves if you plan to use this set.

I see. So I have to re-breed an unburden Treecko with the modest nature? If so, how can I have the stats up to 30 IVs for the rest of them? It won't tell me. But I can chain breed as it will learn the egg move, Dragon Breath.

But how did you get the picture of the pokemon? What do you think of this set for the Smeargle that I've breed and ev trained?

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Speed
-Stealth Rock
-Sticky Web
-King's Shield/Spore
-Taunt/King's Shield

This set happened to be the lead by setting the traps on my opponent. I thought that use Taunt first to taunt the Dragon Dance users first,then lure him into attack him,then use King's Shield to lower the opponent's attack stat. The plan is to use Spore to make the opponent asleep, thus giving the time to set the traps like Sticky Web first,and Stealth Rock to not only to weaken the opponents health but to stop the Focus Sashers,the Mulitscale Dragonite,and the strudy pokemon. What do you think?

Last edited:

Johanna

Old Fart
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: Not EV trained yet
Nature: Adamant [+Atk, -SAtk]

- Dragon Claw
- Extemespeed
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

I usually fall in love with Pokémon in the UU tier. Mainly because my faves reside there, but also because I enjoy a challenge. And I have a knack of wanting to try out the more uglier and unloved Pokés. This has resulted in an unfinished sun team of Ninetales, Sawsbuck and Trevenant.
Dragonite here is supposed to provide some well-needed protection - coverage as well as the OU bulk. She is a shiny, born adamant, and therefore I will EV train her in Atk. I'm yet undecided whether or not to go for SpDef, Def,or a split between the two.
As far as the moveset goes I knew I needed Roost to fully exploit her HA, and that's why she's also equipped with leftovers. Dragon Claw will provide STAB, and is more accurate than the otherwise fun little attack Dragon Tail. Extremespeed will outspeed and finish off a badly hurt opponent and Dragon Dance might prove useful in the first round. But I'm also considering giving her an electric or STAB flying attack.

I would much appreciate some input on this. I haven't trained a Dragonite for many years.

Onyx Tanuki

I see. So I have to re-breed an unburden Treecko with the modest nature? If so, how can I have the stats up to 30 IVs for the rest of them? It won't tell me. But I can chain breed as it will learn the egg move, Dragon Breath.

But how did you get the picture of the pokemon? What do you think of this set for the Smeargle that I've breed and ev trained?

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Speed
-Stealth Rock
-Sticky Web
-King's Shield/Spore
-Taunt/King's Shield

This set happened to be the lead by setting the traps on my opponent. I thought that use Taunt first to taunt the Dragon Dance users first,then lure him into attack him,then use King's Shield to lower the opponent's attack stat. The plan is to use Spore to make the opponent asleep, thus giving the time to set the traps like Sticky Web first,and Stealth Rock to not only to weaken the opponents health but to stop the Focus Sashers,the Mulitscale Dragonite,and the strudy pokemon. What do you think?

Well, with the Treecko, I think you're most likely going to need to test them out with IV calculators. Assuming you go for either Ice or Rock, the only stat that's going to matter that much is Speed, since you'll want that as close to 30 as possible. Just make sure that the Treecko's Hidden Power is the type you want, then run it through an IV calculator capable of calculating for 6th gen, and so long as the Speed IV is 30, it's not a huge deal if any of the defensive IVs are lower. Also, unless you were planning on using Hidden Power Dragon or don't feel like calculating for Hidden Power, I honestly wouldn't suggest Dragon Breath; for a Dragon move you'd be better off transferring a 5th gen Sceptile with Dragon Pulse. It could be a fair enough alternative though.

The pictures I just got from Serebii's pokedex. Right-click on the pokemon's picture in its dex page and copy image URL. Use that url in the img tags where you want to post your image.

For your Smeargle, I'd suggest going for Spore and Taunt. Taunt will stop opposing leads from setting up, and Spore will take care of any threats that might 2HKO Smeargle. This way you're almost guaranteed to get at least one of your hazards up. Also, I don't know if it's legal, but if you can, you could go with Dark Void in place of Spore to have a good chance of causing Sleep for Grass types.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
You guys need to see this.

Delphox@Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 HP/240Spe/16 Sp.Def
Blaze
-Hypnosis
-Will-o-wisp
-Mystical Fire
-Wish

When trying out sets for the upcoming Pokemon of the Week, the almighty Cradily, I used this Delphox as a Wish Partner for the fact that he resists 3 of his weaknesses, Fighting, Steel, and Ice, with a neutrality to Bug. It's not meant to be the best Wish passer.

But holy damn, it's a fantastic pivot wall.

Here's what it does. Because of it's speed, Delphox can outrun and burn or Mystical Fire the necessary threats that would take her out in a single hit, and she absorbs them beautifully. Will-o-wisp cripples physical attackers while Mystical Fire weakens the Special Attack of special attackers. One hit will easily let her survive plenty of Hydro Pumps, and weaken opponents for her to dauntlessly cast Wishes. Hypnosis is also pivotal as I always use it just when an opponent would KO me. It's a liability, but it should be used at the right time to save yourself from a lethal hit. The EV spread is for maximum bulk, just enough speed, and 16 EVs in Sp.Def is all she needs to hit at least one stat jump.

Because of her speed, she has survived Earthquakes, Hydro Pumps, Rock Slides, Shadow Balls, Crunches, things that a Delphox is not supposed to live. The freedom and option to burn or put to sleep a threat works very well when the need to pass a Wish arrives. This Delphox has walled a bunch of things, and puts to sleep those it can't take care of by itself.

Maybe I'm overselling it, but I never expected Delphox to be this bulky. I would've definitely pitched this set for the Pokemon of the Week had I known this. Ah well.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: Not EV trained yet
Nature: Adamant [+Atk, -SAtk]

- Dragon Claw
- Extemespeed
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

I usually fall in love with Pokémon in the UU tier. Mainly because my faves reside there, but also because I enjoy a challenge. And I have a knack of wanting to try out the more uglier and unloved Pokés. This has resulted in an unfinished sun team of Ninetales, Sawsbuck and Trevenant.
Dragonite here is supposed to provide some well-needed protection - coverage as well as the OU bulk. She is a shiny, born adamant, and therefore I will EV train her in Atk. I'm yet undecided whether or not to go for SpDef, Def,or a split between the two.
As far as the moveset goes I knew I needed Roost to fully exploit her HA, and that's why she's also equipped with leftovers. Dragon Claw will provide STAB, and is more accurate than the otherwise fun little attack Dragon Tail. Extremespeed will outspeed and finish off a badly hurt opponent and Dragon Dance might prove useful in the first round. But I'm also considering giving her an electric or STAB flying attack.

I would much appreciate some input on this. I haven't trained a Dragonite for many years.

My personal Dragonite that I use uses this set:

Dragonite @Lum Berry
Adamant
Multiscale
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP

Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
Extreme Speed
Outrage

Dragon Dance is a must-have for a Dragonite with Multiscale - although you need to be aware that you will be unable to set up on Protean STAB Ice Beam Life Orb Greninja, which is what most of them are. Other Ice Beams from other Pokemon will also take you down to the last bit of health. However, if you do live an Ice Beam and manage to DD, you'll most likely outspeed anything that isn't Scarfed on the playing field. That's where Outrage comes into play - A speed-boosted, Attack-boosted Outrage will absolutely rip through a late-game team, assuming there are no more fairies. You HAVE to take out the fairies before you use this set. If there are fairies left, you're basically screwed, even if you replace Fire Punch with something that Fairies don't resist. Once you Outrage, the Lum Berry cures your confusion, allowing you to Outrage again if the first one didn't rip through the rest of the team.

The reason that Outrage is superior to Dragon Claw, even though you're locked into it, is because Outrage is Base Power 120, while Dragon Claw is Base Power 80. If your Dragonite is at low health, you won't be winning the game with a boosted BP 80 move, but you will be winning it with a boosted BP 120 move. I used to do what you have done here and err on the side of caution, not wanting to lock myself into a move, and it's for this reason that I still am wary of Choice items and I need to learn to use them. But you absolutely need to get used to planning your Outrage or Choiced moves ahead of time and learn to predict - that's how you win Pokemon battles. It's really the only way to win. I've had my Dragonite be my last Pokemon at 12 HP Outrage his way through half of the opponent's team and win me the game because of predicting correctly.