• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Single Rates - READ THE FIRST POST

Gogoat @ Assault Vest
Sap Sipper
Careful
252 HP, 130 Sp. Def, 126 Atk.
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Protect/Substitute
- Rock Slide/Earthquake

A good strategy with this dude might be to use leech seed first turn, (unless you gotta switch out), then go for a protect which gives time for the leech seed to restore some health, Horn leech could also be there just in case you wanna dish out decent STAB as well as regenerating some health, finally there's rock slide which is useful against those pesky flying and fire types, (probably better to use if you've gotta a substitute up I'm guessing, since Gogoat is extremely slow). Also having the assault vest on this guy can benefit it being a Sp. defensive wall.

Last edited:

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
Gogoat @ Assault Vest
Sap Sipper
Careful
252 HP, 130 Sp. Def, 126 Atk.
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Protect/Substitute
- Rock Slide/Earthquake

A good strategy with this dude might be to use leech seed first turn, (unless you gotta switch out), then go for a protect which gives time for the leech seed to restore some health, Horn leech could also be there just in case you wanna dish out decent STAB as well as regenerating some health, finally there's rock slide which is useful against those pesky flying and fire types, (probably better to use if you've gotta a substitute up I'm guessing, since Gogoat is extremely slow). Also having the assault vest on this guy can benefit it being a Sp. defensive wall.

Er... except you can't use Leech Seed, Protect, or Sub with an AV. Oops. The idea is sound though; take out enough opposing threats and this guy can be difficult to take on. You could trade one of the other moves out for Milk Drink (more than likely Leech Seed, since that'll make him a little less susceptible to Grass-resistant and Sap Sipper pokemon). Since you're not using AV may as well go with Lefties for additional recovery.

Giratina - Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: omg Im really new to this so idk but Im going to max out its speed iv in ev training and then Ill just put whatever remaining ivs I have into defense
Nature: Hasty
- Will-o-Wisp
- Iron Head
- Hex
- Destiny Bond

I'm currently soft resetting for a shiny Giratina in ORAS and I've had the hardest time deciding what nature to make Giratina but I think I've decided to go with Hasty as I didn't want to sacrifice the Attack or Special attack and wanted to focus on speed. Since Im already using Will-O-Wisp in this set up I felt that the extra speed boost would it help it against physical attackers by hopefully going before some of them and then attacking with Hex. I decided to put in Iron Head as it might be very useful counter to Fairy and Ice types and could easily take down special walls like Florges. As for the fourth move I'm currently thinking Destiny Bond because Im hoping the speed will be enough for it to be useful, if not I may just go with rest (for recovery) or Aura Sphere..... I decided not to give it any dragon moves as I rather switch it out into a fairy type to counter those

Onyx Tanuki

I'm not entirely sure this would be a good idea in competitive play; Origin Forme is more offensively geared based on its stats, and Altered Forme is better off with Pressure unless you're playing Doubles/Triples. Plus, it's in Ubers so you're less likely to meet Florges or any Ice type that isn't a Kyurem. I do like the idea behind Hex/Will-O-Wisp but that seems more likely for Altered Forme than Origin IMO.

Here's what I'd go with, personally:

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Levitate
Modest/Timid
4 HP, 252 SpAtt, 252 Speed or 252 HP, 4 Att/SpAtt, 252 Speed
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt/Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Aura Sphere

All-out SpAttacker. Levitate would actually be useful for taking on Groudon, switching in on PB and smacking its face in with either Draco Meteor or Earth Power, depending on if you go DM or TBolt. DM is obviously far more powerful but you won't get quite the same level of coverage. But then, in this tier, there's very few pokemon that can resist Dragon type anyway, and those that can are hit pretty hard by Earth Power.

-----

Now, on to my set:

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Rock Head
Jolly
252 Att, 4 SpDef, 252 Speed
- Hone Claws/Aerial Ace
- Dragon Dance/Rock Polish/Aerial Ace
- Head Smash
- Earthquake

Sort of a doubledancer I guess? I'm not sure if Rock Head's exactly gonna be the new hotness, and I'm also pretty sure it won't be enough to push Tyrantrum up into a higher tier, but it's still an interesting option that gives it a VERY powerful Head Smash, second only to Rampardos and maybe Reckless Emboar (who both take enough damage to nearly or completely kill themselves with it anyway). Head Smash pairs well with EQ due to Rock/Ground synergy, and anything that resists both is weak to Aerial Ace (with all but Torterra doubly weak to it). Of course you have your setup moves; DD is the classic, while you could use Rock Polish instead if you think its power is good enough without a boost. Hone Claws is a good replacement as well; while it doesn't make Tyrantrum any faster and is a dead giveaway to what kind of set you're running, it does still give you an offensive buff and makes it so your Head Smash is 100% accurate.

Of course this set isn't without its issues. It's highly susceptible to Special attackers and physical, rock-resistant walls, especially Torterra that could well eat an Aerial Ace easily and kill you off with a Wood Hammer. While Rock Head does keep you from killing yourself with Head Smash, Life Orb damage is still gonna stack up, and combined with lacking SpDef, middling HP, and a slew of weaknesses, he's not exactly going to be sticking around for the long haul. It's probably a good idea to use a specially defensive Fire type to resist its Ice, Fairy, and Steel weaknesses, since it's more capable of handling Ground and Fighting attacks which are typically physical. Even in that case, it's best not to rely on him to sweep until late-game when you've removed most of the things that'd wall him.

Last edited:

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
I need some help figuring out the EVs of these pokemon.

Delphox@Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP/212 Def/44 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Wish
-Will-o'-wisp
-Hypnosis
-Mystical Fire

The moves are solid. It's just the EVs I need help on. I don't study speed tiers so sorry if I'm missing anything obvious. The role of this Delphox is to be a pivotal Wish Wall. Delphox is surprisingly bulky with the help of Willowisp and Mystical Fire. Burn opponents who threaten you physically, and Mystical Fire to lower the Sp.Atk of Special attackers. Because of Delphox's special bulk, the EVs are initially invested into Def, with 44 Speed that hits a stat jump at level 50. Anything that Delphox can't Burn or hit with a Fire move like Heatran or Conkeldurr, Hypnosis puts them to sleep, giving Delphox time to Wish and switch out.

Some calcs. All numbers are calculated at level 50.
252 Atk burned Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 212 Def Delphox: 87-103 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- 35.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Delphox: 86-104 (47.2 - 57.1%) -- 37.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk burned Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 212 Def Delphox: 90-106 (49.4 - 58.2%) -- 66% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ SpA Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Delphox: 68-82 (37.3 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I just want to know if this is the optimal EV spread for Defensive Delphox. I went for 44 Speed to get the speed stat jump so that I had more room for Defense investment, I just want to make sure if this is the ideal set for such a thing.

Diancie@Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs:180 Atk/252 Sp.Atk/76 Speed
Nature: Naive
-Stealth Rock
-Diamond Storm
-Moonblast
-Earth Power

Again, the moves are solid, but I haven't trained this thing yet because I wanted a second opinion on the EVs. The idea of this Meda Diancie is to maintain offensive presence. Stealth Rock in case Diancie can force a switch, Diamond Storm for a solid Rock STAB, Moonblast as her mixed offensive STAB option, comes with a nice chance to lower Attack, and Earth Power for the Grounded Steels that otherwise threaten Diancie. If an opponent suspects she's mega, I can withhold mega evolving to keep her bulk and set up rocks and block Intimidate with Clear Body. If I'm expecting Taunt or other hazards i can Mega Evolve and bounce them with Magic Bounce, but that is risky business as Diancie easily loses to most Hazard Setters (ie Forretress, Skarmory, etc.). Timid and 76 Speed let's (Mega) Diancie hit a stat jump in speed, investing the rest into Special Attack and Attack. The alternative is 236 Speed, but that only leaves 20 EVs for the Attack, so I wanted to know which was the more optimal spread; 180 Atk/252 Sp.Atk/76 Spe or 20 Atk/252 Sp.Atk/236 Spe.

Any help on either of these sets would be much appreicated.

Onyx Tanuki

On the Delphox, the only thing for the EVs I'd change is moving four of those HP EVs into something else. It's best to keep anything weak to Rocks with an odd HP total, especially something you expect to be switching in and out, as that could potentially give you an extra switch-in. I'm also rather iffy about Hypnosis due to its low accuracy and the fact that you're also relying somewhat on Burning, and would rather have it with something like Psyshock so it can handle other specially-defensive pokemon, but Hypnosis is still a viable option.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
On the Delphox, the only thing for the EVs I'd change is moving four of those HP EVs into something else. It's best to keep anything weak to Rocks with an odd HP total, especially something you expect to be switching in and out, as that could potentially give you an extra switch-in. I'm also rather iffy about Hypnosis due to its low accuracy and the fact that you're also relying somewhat on Burning, and would rather have it with something like Psyshock so it can handle other specially-defensive pokemon, but Hypnosis is still a viable option.

Hypnosis is a coin flip between life and death, almost literally, for Delphox in particular depending on the match up. Against something like Heatran with Earth Power, it can keep Delphox in the game or end its life then and there. Although, Heatran 2HKOs Delphox with Earth Power regardless of nature (dayum bulker than it looks) so I got two shots at something like that. It's a bit of a gamble, still, but it gives me better odds than with Psyshock. Besides, Hypnosis is the last resort move to whip out against targets that I can't Burn or cripple with Mystical Fire, like Conkeldurr.

Thanks for the help. Can I get any help on the Diancie set?

KillerDraco

I have to be the brutally honest one, but your EVs for both of your Pokemon are just... utterly random. The speed EVs in particular seem completely arbitrary. What are you trying to outspeed in particular? When it comes to speed EVs, you have to invest an amount that outspeeds certain Pokemon in particular.

44 Speed EVs on a Timid Delphox is the equivalent of a Speed Natured 252 Base 78 speed tier. In other words... it's not good. If you're going for a "defensive Delphox" (which is an oxymoron because of poor physical bulk and poor defensive typing), the speed seems irrelevant. I'll be honest though, I'm not even going to suggest a defensive investment because Delphox is just not built to be a defensive Pokemon. Its bulk is TERRIBLE. Yeah, it can take hits if it gets the ideal switch in (a physical attacker switching into Will-o-Wisp, or a special attacker switching into Mystic Fire), but if you're not getting that...

252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Delphox: 234-278 (66.1 - 78.5%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Delphox: 240-284 (67.7 - 80.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 212 Def Delphox: 332-392 (93.7 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO (Guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock)

...Used these examples in particular because they notably outspeed Delphox, so you're literally relying on perfect prediction and if you don't get it, Delphox crumbles pretty easily.

Diancie's is even worse. The full 252 speed hits the excellent base 110 speed tier, which means you speed tie with Gengar, Mega Metagross, Latios/Latias, etc. Your investment turns it into the equivalent of Speed Natured 252 base 87. In which case you SEVERELY compromise its offensive presence because it fails to outspeed anything, and with its underwhelming bulk (110 defenses are let down by base 50 HP), you absolutely want to outspeed as much as possible. Max speed is not optional (well, unless Rock Polish is factored in, but that's another story altogether). 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe is all you need, because most of the things you'll want to be hitting with Diamond Storm are 1HKO'ed or 2HKO'ed regardless. Most of the time you'll be opting for special attacks anyway. Though I'd consider a different Stealth Rock setter than Mega Diancie... I mean heck, it can even bounce back your opponent's rocks with some good timing. Protect tends to be better for allowing it to survive the first turn, since it loses the bulk of standard Diancie without getting the speed of Mega Diancie on that first turn that you Mega Evolve. Alternatively, HP Fire can let it bait in and destroy Scizor and Ferrothorn (just be more careful with Scizor since if you don't hit it on the switch, Bullet Punch'll maim you), or Rock Polish if you want to sweep.

Last edited:

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
See, I needed help with the EVs for a reason, as I don't really memorize speed tiers all that well. Yeah, those pokemon outspeed and can KO or 2HKO Delphox, but they can easily be taken care of with Sticky Web support. How about this, then?

Delphox@Leftovers
Bold Nature
248 HP/200 Def/60 Spe
-Wish
-Hypnosis
-Mystical Fire
-Will-o'-wisp

I wanted 44 Speed last time to hit a stat jump since I'm trying to exploit those more. The change to Bold and the 60 Speed EVs let's Delphox outspeed Mega Alakazam (the fastest example you listed) after a Sticky Web Drop. I can then either hit it with Mystical Fire or risk a Hypnosis. Mega Zam's Shadow Ball starts lookin like this:

-1 252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Delphox: 84-100 (46.4 - 55.2%) -- 16% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Afterwards I pelt repeatedly with Mystical Fire until it becomes safe to use Wish again.

Now I ask if this spread is fine. Or if there are any other threats not named Gengar that I need to watch out for.

As for Diancie, that was just me trying to exploit stat jumps there. I don't know if the Diancie I got has the HP Fire but it was an event and it's nature is set so... I'm also not too sure about relying on Magic Bounce for my hazards. Just about every Stealth Rock setter can hit Diancie super effectively, which is why I wanted it to set them up on its own. Max Speed sounds ok, but say I rely on Sticky Web support. At Level 50, 236 Speed EVs let's it hit a stat jump with the Naive nature. Does 20 Atk/252 Sp.Atk/236 Spe look better? Or should the 20 Atk go to HP?

Onyx Tanuki

See, I needed help with the EVs for a reason, as I don't really memorize speed tiers all that well. Yeah, those pokemon outspeed and can KO or 2HKO Delphox, but they can easily be taken care of with Sticky Web support. How about this, then?

Delphox@Leftovers
Bold Nature
248 HP/200 Def/60 Spe
-Wish
-Hypnosis
-Mystical Fire
-Will-o'-wisp

I wanted 44 Speed last time to hit a stat jump since I'm trying to exploit those more. The change to Bold and the 60 Speed EVs let's Delphox outspeed Mega Alakazam (the fastest example you listed) after a Sticky Web Drop. I can then either hit it with Mystical Fire or risk a Hypnosis. Mega Zam's Shadow Ball starts lookin like this:

-1 252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Delphox: 84-100 (46.4 - 55.2%) -- 16% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Afterwards I pelt repeatedly with Mystical Fire until it becomes safe to use Wish again.

Now I ask if this spread is fine. Or if there are any other threats not named Gengar that I need to watch out for.

As for Diancie, that was just me trying to exploit stat jumps there. I don't know if the Diancie I got has the HP Fire but it was an event and it's nature is set so... I'm also not too sure about relying on Magic Bounce for my hazards. Just about every Stealth Rock setter can hit Diancie super effectively, which is why I wanted it to set them up on its own. Max Speed sounds ok, but say I rely on Sticky Web support. At Level 50, 236 Speed EVs let's it hit a stat jump with the Naive nature. Does 20 Atk/252 Sp.Atk/236 Spe look better? Or should the 20 Atk go to HP?

I think the problem with that is that you'll not only need Sticky Web up, but you'll need to sacrifice something to Alakazam to even get your Delphox in safely. That means you'd need something to force Alakazam out, something that ca toss out a Web without worrying about being OHKOed by anything, and some incredible bulk. I'm not gonna say it's a terrible idea to run a defensive Delphox, but it's not really gonna stand up to higher-tier threats.

As for the Diancie situation, I'm on board with Draco for that. It makes much more sense to have it be a dedicated sweeper, which means swapping Stealth Rock out for either Protect, HP Fire, or Rock Polish, and use another pokemon to set up Rocks.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
I think the problem with that is that you'll not only need Sticky Web up, but you'll need to sacrifice something to Alakazam to even get your Delphox in safely. That means you'd need something to force Alakazam out, something that ca toss out a Web without worrying about being OHKOed by anything, and some incredible bulk. I'm not gonna say it's a terrible idea to run a defensive Delphox, but it's not really gonna stand up to higher-tier threats.

As for the Diancie situation, I'm on board with Draco for that. It makes much more sense to have it be a dedicated sweeper, which means swapping Stealth Rock out for either Protect, HP Fire, or Rock Polish, and use another pokemon to set up Rocks.

Delphox resists 7 types while being weak to the 5 most commonly used attack types. It's no wall, I know, but saying Delphox can't get in safely without being OHKOd is underestimating its defensive potential. I know Delphox can't handle things like Alakazam and Gengar. That job is more fitted for the likes of specially defensive walls like Goodra and Chansey. All I'm asking is if the EV spread is optimal or if I should change the EVs a bit. Would Bold 248 HP/224 Def/36 Sp.Def be more optimal? 224 Def EVs hits a stat jump at Level 50. Will that work?

As for Diancie, even dedicated sweepers run Stealth Rock because of their offensive presence and ability to force switches. It's a small list, sure, but it has the likes of Aerodactyl (Mega), Aggron (Mega), Archeops, Aurorus, Azelf, Camerupt, Deoxys, Garchomp, Groudon, Infernape, Krookodile, Landorus (and Therian), Nidoking, Terrakion, and Tyranitar, in their respective tiers, of course. I want Stealth Rock because I can't depend on Magic Bounce to bounce back the hazards from the defensive hazard setters because she loses to most of them. So, is 20 Atk/252 Sp.Atk/236 Spe ok for this set?

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
Hey. I'm looking for a good Slaking set. I'm using the following one in doubles with a new look on Skill Swapping with fair success, but I'm still looking for improvement.

Slaking @ Assault Vest
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 SpDef / 4 Def
- Return
- Rock Slide
- Power-Up Punch
- Ice Punch

This Slaking deals tons of damage to common threats and packs enough bulk to survive a lot of hits. One of the main problems I have with this one is lack of recovery and priority, as Slaking doesn't have access to Drain Punch or Sucker Punch (well he can get Sucker Punch from a different gen but that's not allowed in VGC). I have multiple Skill Swappers on my team, for example one with Regenerator and one with Protean that allow Slaking to switch out if necessary and still be useful later in the game. Also if Slaking gains Protean his damage is just batshit crazy.

I'm wondering whether swapping a move for Protect (since doubles) and Assault Vest for Lefties might be worth it, but since it is one of my main damage dealers I prefer not to Protect with him often. What are your thoughts on this?
Keep in mind that I get rid of his ability via Skill Swap, and I seek improvement in that strategy. Not a different strategy. Thanks in advance!

KillerDraco

Hey. I'm looking for a good Slaking set. I'm using the following one in doubles with a new look on Skill Swapping with fair success, but I'm still looking for improvement.

Slaking @ Assault Vest
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 SpDef / 4 Def
- Return
- Rock Slide
- Power-Up Punch
- Ice Punch

This Slaking deals tons of damage to common threats and packs enough bulk to survive a lot of hits. One of the main problems I have with this one is lack of recovery and priority, as Slaking doesn't have access to Drain Punch or Sucker Punch (well he can get Sucker Punch from a different gen but that's not allowed in VGC). I have multiple Skill Swappers on my team, for example one with Regenerator and one with Protean that allow Slaking to switch out if necessary and still be useful later in the game. Also if Slaking gains Protean his damage is just batshit crazy.

I'm wondering whether swapping a move for Protect (since doubles) and Assault Vest for Lefties might be worth it, but since it is one of my main damage dealers I prefer not to Protect with him often. What are your thoughts on this?
Keep in mind that I get rid of his ability via Skill Swap, and I seek improvement in that strategy. Not a different strategy. Thanks in advance!

PuP is your weakest link. You could opt for Earthquake instead which we all know has merit in Doubles. Although if you're dead-set on fighting type coverage, consider Hammer Arm. You're not investing in speed regardless (why aren't you, by the way?) so the speed drop is relatively inconsequential. Your only other best bet would be Low Kick, which mutilates most things weak to fighting since they all tend to be heavy mofos who allow Low Kick to reach maximum power.

...Though I personally find trying to "unshackle" Slaking from Truant to be a waste of time as there are a number of things nowadays with comparable power that require less support (Mega Kangaskhan being the most noteworthy example), but eh, if you're dead set on that, more power to ya.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Yeah, if you're running doubles slaking then you're doing it entirely wrong (would be best to use a set of 252HP/252Speed/4Atk with a Jolly nature, as it doesn't really need attack investment with it being 160 and can do way more damage with better bulk and being quicker). Draco's also kinda right on the whole earthquake over power up punch, mind you bulldoze does deserve a mention as the speed drop can be quite beneficial even if the power drop is slightly noticeable.

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
PuP is your weakest link. You could opt for Earthquake instead which we all know has merit in Doubles. Although if you're dead-set on fighting type coverage, consider Hammer Arm. You're not investing in speed regardless (why aren't you, by the way?) so the speed drop is relatively inconsequential. Your only other best bet would be Low Kick, which mutilates most things weak to fighting since they all tend to be heavy mofos who allow Low Kick to reach maximum power.

...Though I personally find trying to "unshackle" Slaking from Truant to be a waste of time as there are a number of things nowadays with comparable power that require less support (Mega Kangaskhan being the most noteworthy example), but eh, if you're dead set on that, more power to ya.

Yes EQ does seem more helpful than PuP. Thanks.

I find the one turn of Skill Swapping not a problem at all! A cool niche is that you can proceed to Swap again, so you can shut down or force the switch on an opponent. I like using Slaking mostly because as you said: he has comparable power with a lot of huge threats (most noteably Megas), but isn't mega. So basically I can just use Slaking and Mega Kangaskhan next to eachother if I'd like to. That's where the fun begins.

Yeah, if you're running doubles slaking then you're doing it entirely wrong (would be best to use a set of 252HP/252Speed/4Atk with a Jolly nature, as it doesn't really need attack investment with it being 160 and can do way more damage with better bulk and being quicker). Draco's also kinda right on the whole earthquake over power up punch, mind you bulldoze does deserve a mention as the speed drop can be quite beneficial even if the power drop is slightly noticeable.

I thought investing in SpDef would be more worth it since he already has a lot of HP without HP investment, even more when you use Assault Vest. But I'll try the speed investment and see if it works for me, thanks!

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
It really depends on what you find more threatening. If you can handle physical threats (or have the ability to constantly burn things), running max spdef assault vest could be useful. That being said, even with all the added special bulk it's only slightly more bulky on that side than ferrothorn, so with the HP investment you're at least able to handle stray earthquakes a bit better (if I remember correctly, max attack adamant excadrill's earthquake is 70% likely to 2hko with rocks up and 0 hp investment as opposed to just 5% with, in doubles of course).

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Entei @ Life Orb/Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: unknown, i am not good with these but i always do ST and will invest in attack and speed for Entei
Nature: adamant
- Sacred Fire
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Will o Wisp/???

I wanted to try this Entei in double battles for a while but am a little unsure about the fourth move. Will o Wisp is my choice for when i go with Life Orb Entei, but if i choose Assault Vest i need a fourth attacking move. Perhaps even a special move. Help will be appreciated.

ger9119

Entei @ Life Orb/Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: unknown, i am not good with these but i always do ST and will invest in attack and speed for Entei
Nature: adamant
- Sacred Fire
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Will o Wisp/???

I wanted to try this Entei in double battles for a while but am a little unsure about the fourth move. Will o Wisp is my choice for when i go with Life Orb Entei, but if i choose Assault Vest i need a fourth attacking move. Perhaps even a special move. Help will be appreciated.

ExtremeSpeed over Iron Head, and Protect as a fourth move.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
ExtremeSpeed over Iron Head, and Protect as a fourth move.

Entei isn't a very speedy Pokémon to begin with, right? Should i try helping it with a Pokémon that knows Tailwind? Tornadus, for example? Both share a weakness to Rock-type moves but after watching some VGC battles i don't think that has to be a problem.

Eaglehawk

Banned

Delphox@Leftovers
Bold Nature
248 HP/200 Def/60 Spe
-Wish
-Hypnosis
-Mystical Fire
-Will-o'-wisp

I have no idea what this Delphox is supposed to beat in OU. A Fire/Psychic type Pokemon is arguably the worst thing in the meta right now. First, Psychic and Fire is asking for it to get boned by common threats in the tier such as MegaZard X, Weavile, and Keldeo. Second, it does not perform a role that gives is some niche in the metagame. If you're trying to take a creative spin on the Defensive Infernape set, I suggest you don't do it. Defensive Ape is designed to combat Weaviles and Bisharps running ramant in the tier. However, your set really does a lot of nothing. Its Wishes are not big enough to heal some common Balance team elements, its speed at 60 EVs frankly sucks, and it has a defensive typing that invites most of the relevant OU tier to come in and kill it. Finally, why the bloody hell are you running Mystical Fire of all things? That is just flat-out asinine. You need to learn how to create sets that work with the metagame.