• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Single Rates - READ THE FIRST POST

KillerDraco

Ok so I might go with
Garchomp
Adamant
Scarf
252 attack and speed
Dragon claw
Iron head
Earthquake
Stone edge

Opinions?

Fully physical Scarf Garchomp MUST be Jolly. Otherwise you might as well be using a different set. It really needs to be able to outspeed speed natured base 100's so that it can revenge kill them at +1 speed, and the only way to do that is with a Jolly nature.

If you want a physical ScarfChomp, use this set:

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

Zydren The Hydreigon

Average Trainer
Ok so now I have TWO garchomps
One is

Rocky helmet
Adamant
-dragin claw
-earthquake
-swords dance
-stone edge

And the other is..

Choice scarf
Jolly
Dragon claw
Earthquake
Iron head
Stone edge

Btw both are 252 att 252 spe and 4hp

Also is this good?
Mega gardevoir
252 att+spe
Dazzling gleam
Psychic
Thunder wave
Thunderbolt

Also whats a good set for mega sceptile?

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Ok so now I have TWO garchomps
One is

Rocky helmet
Adamant
-dragin claw
-earthquake
-swords dance
-stone edge

And the other is..

Choice scarf
Jolly
Dragon claw
Earthquake
Iron head
Stone edge

Btw both are 252 att 252 spe and 4hp

Also is this good?
Mega gardevoir
252 att+spe
Dazzling gleam
Psychic
Thunder wave
Thunderbolt

Also whats a good set for mega sceptile?
Ditch Iron Head for Outrage from the second Garchomp. It's worthless since Earthquake hits Fairies about just as hard.

Gardevoir should have Hyper Voice to abuse Pixilate and Focus Blast to hit Steels like Heatran and Ferrothorn, Thunder Wave isn't really useful since fast things tend to be frail things which don't switch into ever, and Thunderbolt isn't necessary since you nuke things with Hyper Voice. I'd also run Psyshock over Psychic to hit Chansey.

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
Aight so I'm struggling to figure out what I should use for my last moveslot for Mega Audino here...

Audino @ Audinite
Regenerator > Healer
Bold
248 HP, 252 Def, 8 SpAtt
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Hyper Voice/Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Surf/Psyshock/Shadow Ball/Hyper Voice/Dazzling Gleam/Encore/Yawn/Sweet Kiss/Heal Bell

This works as a hybrid Cleric and bulky CM Sweeper, with Audino taking the former role at first and utilizing Regenerator to stay healthy, then Mega Evolves when you've eliminated threats to its potential to sweep. The problem is 4 Move Slot Syndrome; there's so much Mega Audino wishes it was capable of, but every option it uses limits it in some way too. Calm Mind and Wish are the staples here, with CM buffing its SpAtt and special bulk and Wish keeping it healthy. Third moveslot goes to a STAB move, with Hyper Voice being slightly higher in damage while Dazzling Gleam is better in terms of coverage, and each pairs with a different one of the alternate coverage moves better than the other. Now, speaking of the fourth moveslot, there's a LOT of things that can go there, all of them with things they can and cannot handle, but in general it's not too big a problem no matter which choices you make, although I'd say Psyshock and Shadow Ball are standouts since the former covers specially defensive enemies and the latter offers near perfect neutral coverage with either STAB. Encore, Yawn, and Sweet Kiss are options too; while they won't help in terms of coverage, they can ensure a free CM or Wish as well as shut down opposing setups and defensive pokemon. Even Heal Bell is an option to help keep Audino from getting too run down by status and help Audino fill that Cleric role better pre-Mega. The other options (T-Bolt, Flamethrower, Surf) all offer some decent additional coverage, all hitting most Steels (which seem to be Audino's biggest threat) at least neutrally. I guess these are better options to cover holes in your team's coverage as opposed to trying to make Mega Audino actually able to handle everything that comes its way.

KillerDraco

Typical fourth slot for Audino is Protect, since it lets Audino more efficiently heal itself with Wish. Fire Blast is a lesser used secondary option since Steel types are common switch-ins. You can also opt for for the slightly gimmicky RestTalk if you want to try something different, since it lets it keep itself healthy while deterring status, but in turn you lose out on the ability to heal other teammates with Wish and Sleep Talk isn't always reliable, so in general, it shouldn't be your first choice.

CM / Dazzling Gleam / Wish / Protect or Fire Blast is pretty much standard though. The EVs and Nature you have chosen are also standard.

Onyx Tanuki

Typical fourth slot for Audino is Protect, since it lets Audino more efficiently heal itself with Wish. Fire Blast is a lesser used secondary option since Steel types are common switch-ins. You can also opt for for the slightly gimmicky RestTalk if you want to try something different, since it lets it keep itself healthy while deterring status, but in turn you lose out on the ability to heal other teammates with Wish and Sleep Talk isn't always reliable, so in general, it shouldn't be your first choice.

CM / Dazzling Gleam / Wish / Protect or Fire Blast is pretty much standard though. The EVs and Nature you have chosen are also standard.

Okay, why Protect hadn't crossed my mind is beyond me. XD I don't like RestTalk too much on most pokemon to be honest (with Dragonair and Milotic being exceptions thanks to Marvel Scale), and I'm not too surprised that I ended up with the standard set for the most part. I assume standard uses DG over HV due to better coverage, right? I think i like the idea of a second attack better than Protect though, and I can leave heal Belling to another pokemon (or just rely on something that can more easily absorb status, like Swellow or Kadabra).

On one hand, I can see the benefit of sticking to a Fire move, since it'll hit Ferroseed and Trash Cloak Wormadam like a truck, but on the other hand Surf will hit Bastiodon and Probopass harder as well as defensive Fire types. But then, both of them take an unboosted Surf easily, whereas Ferroseed is easily a 2HKO and Wormadam-S OHKO by Fire Blast. And just for the hell of it I calced HP Ground too, and that is still not even a 3HKO on Bastiodon and Probopass. Those are gonna be threats I'll need to plan against if I do a Mega Audino team, but also threats I won't need to worry about having to best with it, since I already know it's not possible without at least a couple of CM boosts. Probably the best option would be to either go with standard, use Psyshock to allow it to handle specially defensive pokemon, or Shadow Ball for its near-perfect neutral coverage, and rely on a pokemon with Ground type attacks to handle any Steel or Fire threats that head my way.

MegaLopunny

Bunny enthusiast
I'm not really too into the competitive side of things, but I just wanted to know if my Lopunny would be a decent competitive battler. :3

Lv. 56
Item: Lopunnite
Nature: Naive
Characteristic: Thoroughly cunning
Ability: Klutz
HP: 153/153
ATK: 119
DEF: 114
SP ATK: 89
SP DEF: 111
SPD: 155
Moves: Grass Knot, Return, Jump Kick, Ice Beam

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
I'm not really too into the competitive side of things, but I just wanted to know if my Lopunny would be a decent competitive battler. :3

Lv. 56

Since lopunny is a physical attacker it should not be using moves which are sp atk like ice beam/grass knot. your lopunny would benefit much more if it had ice punch and i would run fake out too since it gets a stab and helps to take out a lot of pokes which are not koed by jump kick. I would get high jump kick on it as it's much stronger then jump kick.

Like you said you're new to comp and in comp ivs and evds are very important in the end you want something like this

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe/4hp
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
- Return

KillerDraco

Lv. 56

I will be blunt; no.

First and foremost; Jolly nature should always be used for Mega Lopunny. It doesn't use its special attack so there's no reason to use Naive which decreases its special defense when Jolly gives you the same speed with less of a downside.

Second: I would suggest reading up on EVs and IVs. This...

...Doesn't really tell us anything because without the IVs and EVs those raw numbers are not really useful information.

Third, Limber is better than Klutz on Mega sets, because Klutz does literally nothing on a Mega evolution set, while Limber can afford Lopunny opportunities to switch into things like Thunder Wave prior to Mega Evolving.

Finally and perhaps most importantly, the only move your Lopunny has that you'd want to keep is Return. Jump Kick is entirely outclassed by High Jump Kick, and it shouldn't use Grass Knot nor Ice Beam because its special attack is significantly lower than its attack.

Try something like this:

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Fake Out lets you get an almost free turn to Mega Evolve, thus allowing you to take advantage of that higher speed tier with little to no downsides (remember that the turn you mega evolve, your turn order is determined by the base form's speed stat). Return and High Jump Kick affords Mega Lopunny perfect neutral coverage against everything in the game sans Shedinja thanks to Scrappy, and Ice Punch allows Mega Lopunny to deal with defensive Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Gliscor who would otherwise be reliable answers to Mega Lopunny. Max speed and attack EVs are obvious to make it as fast as possible and hit as hard as possible, and Jolly nature is preferred to take full advantage of that speed tier.

Edit: Greninja'd.

MegaLopunny

Bunny enthusiast
Thank you both! I was just curious~

At least I now know to get another Lopunny if I ever get into competitive battling. :p (I'm really attached to my current one and still won't get rid of her. Just gonna use her in-game.)

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Hello, I have small problem and I would like to get your opinion in that.

My sister bred Timid Flash Fire Typloshion, but forgot that Extrasencory is Egg move. That Typloshion also has wrong Hidden Power, which is Dark, so Hidden Power is out of question. Which would be good move for last slot?

Typloshion
Timid
252 spat, 252 spe 4 hp
-Eruption
-Fire Blast
-Focus Blast
-???

KillerDraco

Hello, I have small problem and I would like to get your opinion in that.

My sister bred Timid Flash Fire Typloshion, but forgot that Extrasencory is Egg move. That Typloshion also has wrong Hidden Power, which is Dark, so Hidden Power is out of question. Which would be good move for last slot?

Typloshion
Timid
252 spat, 252 spe 4 hp
-Eruption
-Fire Blast
-Focus Blast
-???

There really isn't anything. You're honestly better off re-breeding because the only other things Typhlosion gets are more fire moves such as Heat Wave and Lava Plume, Solar Beam (which is too situational with the need for Sun), and terrible normal type moves such as Swift, Round, and Hyper Beam. You'd really need to re-breed to get either a decent Hidden Power or Extrasensory, because Typhlosion's movepool is pretty bad.

Zydren The Hydreigon

Average Trainer
This is currently my lead for every team

Klefki
Prankster
light clay
Careful
252. Def 252 spdef 4 Hp

Light screen
Reflect
Spikes
Foul play

I set up screens then spikes then either switch out or use foul play, that basicly the only thing it does
Opinions?

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
This is currently my lead for every team

Klefki
Prankster
light clay
Careful
252. Def 252 spdef 4 Hp

Light screen
Reflect
Spikes
Foul play

I set up screens then spikes then either switch out or use foul play, that basicly the only thing it does
Opinions?
Pretty standard looking, honestly. Your moveset and EVs are different, but it's probably fine as is.

Onyx Tanuki

I tried to make a wall in ubers
Diance
Bold
252 hp
252 def
4spdef

Rest
Sleep talk
Moonblast
Calm mind

Looks like your standard RestTalker. Personally, I'd rather use something with a much higher base HP for RestTalk, such as Suicune or Umbreon, but the set isn't too terrible. I think I'd replace Rest and Sleep Talk with Earth Power (which gives near perfect neutral coverage with Moonblast) and either Diamond Storm (which will hit Charizard, Talonflame, Moltres, and Crobat hard) or Stealth Rock (which takes those same pokemon down via switch-in damage). Heal Bell is an option as well. You didn't mention item, but it should be Lefties if it isn't already (or possibly Lum Berry if you go with a variant with neither Rest nor Heal Bell), since it's Diancie's only recovery besides Rest.

I'd watch out for things with Unaware or that can cycle you out with Roar, Whirlwind, or Circle Throw. A lot of Steel types will be difficult to handle, particularly Skarmory, and a good number of the Fighting types that can carry Bullet Punch will be difficult to handle if you get weakened.

One more thing to keep in mind is that Mega Diancie is NOT a wall, thanks to the drop in its defenses. If that's what you're going for, a better set would be Rock Polish, Diamond Storm, Moonblast, Earth Power with Hasty or Naive nature, or Timid if you're okay with Diamond Storm being a bit weaker.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
He was doing Ubers.

Ditch it, it gets eaten alive by P-Don. If you want a CM user there a various Arceus formes that already do that and don't suck.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Zapdos @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Heat Wave

I only have this on paper and haven't gotten to try it, but since Manectric takes up a mega slot i thought of an alternative. This set outspeeds scarf landorus and counters talonflame, while having perfect neutral coverage and the ability to hit a lot of things for super effective damage. zapdos has a really nice typing and very good stats, being able to shrug off resisted hits with ease and hit back hard.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Thundurus exists with Prankster T-Wave for superior speed control.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
but it cant beat scarf lando t...

i want a set that can handle mons that threaten hoopa u, zapdos seemed like a good pick considering coverage and typing

Last edited: