• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Single Rates - READ THE FIRST POST

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Might as well use Rotom-W then because it doesn't die to Rock coverage and spreads burns like the plague.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Hoopa Unbound w/ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hyperspace Fury
Psychic
Gunk Shot
Fire Punch
Nature: Hasty

This is meant to be an all offensive Hoopa. I use Fire a Punch for a most likely switch in of Scizor. Hyperspace Fury and Psychic are my stab attacks. Also, I want to avoid Dark Pulse since many Pokémon of mine already carry it. Gunk Shot obviously for fairies. I have a cleric/Scout Pokémon so no need for Drain Punch. I need someone's opinion on this set, also what IVs should I focus on and do my EVs fit the set?

Last edited:

Pathfinder

No Angel
Hoopa Unbound w/ Assault Vest
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
EVs(Zen Headbutt): 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Hyperspace Fury
Psychic / Zen Headbutt
Gunk Shot
Fire Punch
Nature: Hasty / Jolly

This is meant to be an all offensive Hoopa. I use Fire a Punch for a most likely switch in of Scizor. Hyperspace Fury and Psychic are my stab attacks. However I have mixed feelings on whether to use it over Zen Headbutt since it causes flinch. Also, I want to avoid Dark Pulse since many Pokémon of mine already carry it. Gunk Shot obviously for fairies. I have a cleric/Scout Pokémon so no need for Drain Punch. I need someone's opinion on this set, also what IVs should I focus on and do my EVs fit the set?

We covered Hoopa Unbound awhile back in the PotW over the summer, but I haven't had a chance to use it much since then. I still love this set though:

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 88 Atk / 168 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Gunk Shot
- Focus Blast

LuxrayStar

Lopunny

Lopunny with Lopunnite
Limber abillity
Max attack EV Rest goes to Speed
Jolly Nature
Return
High Jump kick
Ice punch or Power up Punch
Attract

Im kind of new at this competitive pokemon thing, but I will try anyway. Return just seems like a good move, high jump kick seems good too. The punch moves I found looking up movesets, and I just like attract. This pokemon will be my mega evolver and I want to center my team around it.

KillerDraco

Lopunny with Lopunnite
Limber abillity
Max attack EV Rest goes to Speed
Jolly Nature
Return
High Jump kick
Ice punch or Power up Punch
Attract

Im kind of new at this competitive pokemon thing, but I will try anyway. Return just seems like a good move, high jump kick seems good too. The punch moves I found looking up movesets, and I just like attract. This pokemon will be my mega evolver and I want to center my team around it.

Return and High Jump Kick are pretty much standard. Ice Punch is pretty standard too, since it deals with Landorus-T who would otherwise be a solid counter. If you're not worried about Landorus-T though, Power-Up Punch can be used against things you force out. Attract is... bad, and shouldn't be used. Fails against too many things (same gender, genderless Pokemon) so it's not all that reliable. Rather, you should consider Fake Out instead, since it affords you the turn you need to Mega Evolve. Standard Mega Lopunny looks like this:

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch / Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I think I might have posted this set before, not 100% if I did, if so, sorry. I was looking for some NU trash to try and make work in OU when I stumbled on this...

regirock.gif

Regirock @ Assault Vest
Adamant - Sturdy
252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Def
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Drain Punch
-Fire Punch

Ok, so on paper this thing is godly. An absolutely absurd 200 base Defence paired with a decent base 80 HP means he's practically untouchable on the Physical side (with a small Defense investment he survives CB Terrakion's Close Combat and dishes out an OHKO in return with Earthquake). A base 100 Sp. Def is also respectable but not amazing. This can be boosted, however, with an Assault Vest. While Regirock doesn't like giving up the ability to set Stealth Rock or speed control with Thunder Wave, he certainly has the stats and the movepool to pull off a tank set. His base 100 Attack isn't anything amazing but with a full investment and a positive nature he can deal some respectable damage.

What really sold me, however, is the amount of things this can check. Problems with birdspam? Not here. Regirock handles literally anything and everything Talonflame can possibly throw at it right down to Salac Berry Nature Gifts and can actually OHKO Talon even if it burns it with WoW. Various other Flying spam offenders are easily punished as well, with Regirock easily checking M-Pinsir, Staraptor, etc. Mega Zard Y just barely loses out on the OHKO with Solarbeam, while Regirock can easily dispatch it with Stone Edge or Rock Slide. Dragonite, Volcarona, Heatran, Tyranitar, etc. Even Mega Lopunny actually loses the 1v1 most of the time thanks to the healing from Drain Punch (I believe it wins if it gets a high roll and Regirock gets a low roll). Stone Edge and Earthquake are obvious, forming the EdgeQuake combo and getting good coverage on a huge portion of the metagame. Drain Punch is basically a way to get some free passive healing off of weakened opponents and things like Bisharp and people who are dumb enough to leave their Tyranitar in on you. Fire Punch is kinda filler. I threw it in there to hit Scizor and Ferrothorn on the switch, but looking back on it I think Ice Punch might be the superior option to do some serious damage to Landorus-T and Gliscor.

So all and all I feel like this thing is a rather decent Pokemon that actually has a viable niche in OU as a tank. Granted it needs some serious support (Wish + Heal Bell) or else it won't be tanking very long, and it's pretty badly hindered by its mono-Rock typing, but its gargantuan bulk and decent offensive presence help it carve out a small niche for teams that are looking for a tank that can eat just about any hit and live. It also faces little competition from other Rock types in OU, with the only other viable Rock types being things like Tyranitar, whose Dark typing does it no favours as it compromises its bulk by adding weaknesses to Bug and Fairy and doubling its Fighting weakness, and stuff like Terrakion who are more geared towards offensive roles.​

Last edited:

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Mega Rayquaza @ Assault Vest
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: not sure, i don't have much knowledge about EV's but i use Super Training
Nature: Modest
- Dragon Pulse
- Dragon Ascent
- ???
- ???

I decided i want a shiny Rayquaza. So i went on the GTS, found a shiny lv.85 Rayquaza and traded my shiny Arceus for it. Never used and liked shiny Arceus so i was glad i got something nice like shiny Rayquaza in return. Then i discovered it has Modest nature. I know that isn't bad but Adamant or Jolly would be better. I cannot change the nature so i wanted to make this dragon work the best it can. Dragon Ascent is obvious. Dragon Pulse maybe not, but it has max PP and i don't like wasting that little gift. So my question is: what other moves should i teach it? And what other possible changes would you suggest? Thanks in advance... :)

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
- Dragon Pulse
- Dragon Ascent
- ???
- ???

I decided i want a shiny Rayquaza. So i went on the GTS, found a shiny lv.85 Rayquaza and traded my shiny Arceus for it. Never used and liked shiny Arceus so i was glad i got something nice like shiny Rayquaza in return. Then i discovered it has Modest nature. I know that isn't bad but Adamant or Jolly would be better. I cannot change the nature so i wanted to make this dragon work the best it can. Dragon Ascent is obvious. Dragon Pulse maybe not, but it has max PP and i don't like wasting that little gift. So my question is: what other moves should i teach it? And what other possible changes would you suggest? Thanks in advance... :)
This Rayquaza is unsalvageable, especially when you don't know its IVs. You don't want a Modest nature when you're going mixed.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
This Rayquaza is unsalvageable, especially when you don't know its IVs. You don't want a Modest nature when you're going mixed.

Well i cannot change the nature so i suppose using it competitively would be difficult. I maxed out sp.attack and attack in Super Training, i know that.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
- Dragon Pulse
- Dragon Ascent
- ???
- ???

Not really sure if this belongs here seeing as Mega Ray is banned from all forms of competitive play except for VGC (and AG which isn't really a tier). On the other hand I'm not even sure if the 6th gen IGRMT even exists anymore, I can't find it for the life of me. The Rayquaza you've got is pretty much unusable though. Modest isn't really a good nature (I guess you could run some sort of gimmicky Specs set, but... Why?) and it most likely has poor IVs.

If you really want to use Mega Ray (AKA Jesus Crutch Dragon) I'd just stick with the standard Sword's Dance set. I don't really see much of a reason to use anything else when it 2HKO's literally the entire game after a Sword's Dance, with max/max Skarmory losing 55-65% from +2 Dragon Ascent. Although you'll probably get a lot of (well deserved) hate for using Mega Ray in the first place.

rayquaza-mega.gif

Click Mega Evolve To Automatically Win
Rayquaza @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Jolly - Air Lock ---> Delta Stream
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Defence
-Sword's Dance
-Dragon Ascent
-Earthquake
-Extremespeed / Dragon Dance​

Last edited:

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Not really sure if this belongs here seeing as Mega Ray is banned from all forms of competitive play except for VGC (and AG which isn't really a tier). On the other hand I'm not even sure if the 6th gen IGRMT even exists anymore, I can't find it for the life of me. The Rayquaza you've got is pretty much unusable though. Modest isn't really a good nature (I guess you could run some sort of gimmicky Specs set, but... Why?) and it most likely has poor IVs.

If you really want to use Mega Ray (AKA Jesus Crutch Dragon) I'd just stick with the standard Sword's Dance set. I don't really see much of a reason to use anything else when it 2HKO's literally the entire game after a Sword's Dance, with max/max Skarmory losing 55-65% from +2 Dragon Ascent. Although you'll probably get a lot of (well deserved) hate for using Mega Ray in the first place.

rayquaza-mega.gif

Click Mega Evolve To Automatically Win
Rayquaza @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Jolly - Air Lock ---> Delta Stream
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Defence
-Sword's Dance
-Dragon Ascent
-Earthquake
-Extremespeed / Dragon Dance​

Yeah i suppose using Mega Rayquaza is kind of a d!ck move. I wasn't planning on playing in VGC anyway, just wanted to know what set could work on Modest Rayquaza. I prefer fighting with non-legendaries anyway. Oh well. I can always use it in-game. Thanks to whoever took the time to check out my posts.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Is this a good selection of moves for a Trevenant?
Horn Leech
Shadow Force
Earthquake
Protect
In case your wondering, this is going to be a Sitrus Berry-Harvest combo Trevenant.
Also I am not sure on this but would Pain Split be a good move on a Trevenant? just curious in case I ever want to make a more defensive Trevenant.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Is this a good selection of moves for a Trevenant?
Horn Leech
Shadow Force
Earthquake
Protect
In case your wondering, this is going to be a Sitrus Berry-Harvest combo Trevenant.
Also I am not sure on this but would Pain Split be a good move on a Trevenant? just curious in case I ever want to make a more defensive Trevenant.

Earthquake is more something Choice Band Trevenant carries, there's not much point on a Harvest set. I'd put Will-O-Wisp on there instead, or you could use Leech Seed + Substitute. I've never used it but I understand Trevenant pulls off a decent SubSeed set. Alternatively you could drop Protect for Wood Hammer and slap a Choice Band on it. I'm not sure how effective CB Trevenant is, it's just not a Pokemon I have much experience with.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

I'm not sure how effective CB Trevenant is, it's just not a Pokemon I have much experience with.

I can attest to that.

In general, Trevenant's not very effective. Being slow and having mediocre bulk is a pretty poor combination, and although its attack stat isn't bad, base 110 definitely isn't what it used to be, so it's eclipsed by a lot of things.

In tiered context, Trevenant is bottom of the barrel RU. It's extremely niche. The problem with Harvest is that it doesn't work if your Berry is Knocked Off, and as luck would have it, Trevenant is weak to Knock Off, so it's very easily crippled in that respect. Plus, defensive sets face competition from Gourgeist-Super since it has massively superior physical bulk and reliable recovery in the form of Synthesis. Choice Band sets help differentiate it, but even those aren't great. You'd be going for Wood Hammer / Shadow Claw / Earthquake / Filler (Normally Rest for Rest-Natural Cure shenanigans or Horn Leech for a weaker STAB with recovery instead of recoil).

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Earthquake is more something Choice Band Trevenant carries, there's not much point on a Harvest set. I'd put Will-O-Wisp on there instead, or you could use Leech Seed + Substitute. I've never used it but I understand Trevenant pulls off a decent SubSeed set. Alternatively you could drop Protect for Wood Hammer and slap a Choice Band on it. I'm not sure how effective CB Trevenant is, it's just not a Pokemon I have much experience with.

I can attest to that.

In general, Trevenant's not very effective. Being slow and having mediocre bulk is a pretty poor combination, and although its attack stat isn't bad, base 110 definitely isn't what it used to be, so it's eclipsed by a lot of things.

In tiered context, Trevenant is bottom of the barrel RU. It's extremely niche. The problem with Harvest is that it doesn't work if your Berry is Knocked Off, and as luck would have it, Trevenant is weak to Knock Off, so it's very easily crippled in that respect. Plus, defensive sets face competition from Gourgeist-Super since it has massively superior physical bulk and reliable recovery in the form of Synthesis. Choice Band sets help differentiate it, but even those aren't great. You'd be going for Wood Hammer / Shadow Claw / Earthquake / Filler (Normally Rest for Rest-Natural Cure shenanigans or Horn Leech for a weaker STAB with recovery instead of recoil).
thanks for the advice you two :) I got a pretty good idea what I want to see on my Trevenant now.

Smokin' weedle

I used this set by accident once, but it worked really well, i just can't figure out a good last move:

Gardevoir @ metronome
Ability: synchronise
Nature: timid
Ev: 252 sp. attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
- Psychic
- Moon blast
- heal pulse
-

The main use of gardevoir was to purely to heal. I used it in double battles mainly, with xerneas or mewtwo. It was a swap for a quick heal, and then leave so that she didn't take any damage.(or at least not to much) i also had some offensive moves in moon blast and psychic, but that was only a last minute choice, as I didn't want to use it offensively. However, becouse people didn't see it as to much of a threat, it could actually deal some damage, and by spamming the same move, some players saw it as even less of a threat. As it is ignored most of the time, some people realise it runs heal pulse when nearly taking down one of my powerfull pokemon. I just need a last move to complete the set. Having a lot of speed, the most common mistake is that people think it holds choice scarf. With the somewhat lesser players at least...

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
I used this set by accident once, but it worked really well, i just can't figure out a good last move:

Gardevoir @ metronome
Ability: synchronise
Nature: timid
Ev: 252 sp. attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
- Psychic
- Moon blast
- heal pulse
-

The main use of gardevoir was to purely to heal. I used it in double battles mainly, with xerneas or mewtwo. It was a swap for a quick heal, and then leave so that she didn't take any damage.(or at least not to much) i also had some offensive moves in moon blast and psychic, but that was only a last minute choice, as I didn't want to use it offensively. However, becouse people didn't see it as to much of a threat, it could actually deal some damage, and by spamming the same move, some players saw it as even less of a threat. As it is ignored most of the time, some people realise it runs heal pulse when nearly taking down one of my powerfull pokemon. I just need a last move to complete the set. Having a lot of speed, the most common mistake is that people think it holds choice scarf. With the somewhat lesser players at least...

Maybe an additional support move could be beneficial? Safeguard/Heal Bell to prevent any of your team being crippled, with your higher speed it may also ruin an enemies status attack mid-turn. But Reflect/Light Screen could also pay off if people are overlooking Gardevoir as a threat and help buff your team.
Otherwise, if you're facing a lot of defensive teams- teaching it Psyshock could allow Gardevoir to still be of use if you're facing off against a Special Wall?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Honestly I'm starting to agree with the camp that insists Baton Pass is broken in more ways than just Speed+other stats. I've been using this Volbeat set alongside Mega Diancie and Gengar on various gimmick teams for the past couple weeks and it wins games even against competent players. I mean, a ****ing Volbeat of all things.

volbeat.gif

Volbeat @ Focus Sash
Bold - Prankster
248 HP, 252 Defence, 8 Sp. Def
-Tail Glow
-Baton Pass
-Encore
-Thunder Wave

Tail Glow + Baton Pass turns many powerful special attackers that lack a way of reliably boosting their own stats into devastatingly strong threats, and Volbeat is great at setting it up thanks to Prankster and Encore. Making the mistake of setting up hazards or a boosting move like Dragon Dance against him will be punished with a free turn of set-up or a safe Baton Pass into a powerful offensive threat waiting in the wings. Thunder Wave is mostly filler, but it's actually really nice to use after he's done his job and Baton Passed a Tail Glow to a teammate, as he can come in later and cripple a faster threat thanks to Prankster.​

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Double post, I know, but this section is dead...

ferrothorn.gif

Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
Brave - Iron Barbs
252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Def
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball
-Bulldoze
-Knock Off

Meet LureThorn, a Pokemon I first used in early XY OU (I think he ended up on one of my RMTs, not sure). At a glance I'm sure the first thing you were thinking was "Offensive Ferrothorn? Gtfo shitkid", but god damn does this thing put in work breaking down bulkier switchins and murdering some of his most common "counters", like Magnezone and Heatran.

252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Bulldoze vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 308-364 (95.3 - 112.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Bulldoze vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 328-388 (84.9 - 100.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Thought you were gonna trap and remove Ferrothorn with your Magnezone? Lolnope, your Magnezone just got removed. Surely there's nothing a Ferrothorn could do to your Heatran? How about a minimum of 85% on the switch? Well then, luring Magnezone and Heatran might be cool, but what else can this thing do?

252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Mega Slowbro: 270-318 (68.5 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (97 BP) vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 438-516 (111.1 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 356-420 (117.4 - 138.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 332-392 (79 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 244 HP / 8 Def Gliscor: 264-312 (75 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Latias: 273-322 (75 - 88.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Where's your walls now, mate? Even against offensive teams, he still has plenty enough bulk to take a hit or two and deal some serious damage in return. There's really no archetype that this guy won't put in work against. He's great vs. offense. He's great vs. stall. He's great vs. balance. And the nice thing about being a Ferrothorn is that opponents will very rarely expect it to be offensive, and will often throw in frailer checks like Mega Lopunny on a predicted Stealth Rock only to be OHKO'd on the switch. It's a surprisingly good set that plays off of what people normally expect from a Ferrothorn, and I don't think I've had a single match with it where I regretted using it.​

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
So, potential idea for a Lugia set. Not sure how common weather is in Ubers outside of the primals, but I was wondering how viable a sand team might be in that tier and came up with this.

lugia.gif

Lugia @ Safety Goggles
Multiscale
Bold
252 HP, 120 Def, 136 Spd
- Weather Ball
- Aeroblast
- Roost
- Calm Mind/Thunder/Earth Power​

This guy is meant as a companion to Tyranitar (though I'm not sure whether to go with Mega or Smooth Rock), giving him a Rock type Weather Ball. He's built off the normal defensive Lugia chassis, though he could give up a little Def or Spd for SpAtt. Aeroblast is basic STAB, Roost to heal. Last slot could be CM to give him more powerful moves overall, Thunder to potentially catch incoming Kyogre, or Earth Power to catch Groudon. Personally I'm leaning EP unless I bring Landorus or another Ground type along. The T-Tar would also be dropping Stealth Rocks, and I'd love to take along something with Toxic Spikes as well (although I don't know exactly how viable TSpikes are in Ubers, so that plan could easily enough be scratched).