• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Single Rates - READ THE FIRST POST

Allieon

Best Eeveelution
Crobat @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Air Slash
- Sludge Bomb/Venoshock (if I get toxic spikes support)
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse

Hey guys I recently found a shiny zubat while EV training and she seemed pretty decent so I figured why not use her. Someone suggested this set to me and it seems like it would work well enough so I thought I'd give it a try. Does this seem like a good set? She isn't bred so I don't have any access to egg moves. I'm happy to check out other sets/ EV spreads that people suggest!

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
Vileplume@Leftovers or Big Root
Ability: Effect Spore
Evs: 252 Hp 252 Def 4 Sp.Def
Nature: Relaxed
-Moonblast
-Sludge Bomb
-Drain Punch
-Seed Bomb/Giga Drain

This is suppose to be my tankymon for an in game playthru of alpha Sapphire, I’ve caught it to make an op one later with effect spore but this ones not too optimized (didn’t ev train it right) as far as an in game playthru what do you guys think?

So, I was doing the Battle Maison with my Sceptile, Ampharos, Mightyena, and Shiny Dodrio when I keep getting destroyed by CPUs buffy Swalots. So I created a Swalot I wanna try out:
Swalot:
Not sure on Perfect IVs
255 Defence EVs
225 HP EVs
6 Attack EVs
Nature: Relaxed
Moveset:
Gunk Shot
Protect
Yawn
Stockpile
I'm not sure on who'll be my other pokemon or who'll be my buddy for the multibattle but you can help decide for me.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Well, you're hard walled by pretty much anything that resists Poison (and many things that don't, given Swalot's 73 base Attack), and until you set up some stockpiles you're sitting on a very mediocre 100/83/83 bulk. I'm not gonna lie to you, Swalot is not a good Pokemon. It's heavily outclassed by a number of other Poison types (Alolan Muk, Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, Toxapex, Nidoqueen, and Weezing to name just a few). Furthermore, using defensive Pokemon really isn't a great strategy in the Battle Maison to begin with, as you can't cover all your bases with only 3 or 4 teamslots if you're trying to build a Stall team. Battle Maison heavily favors offensive team variants, and as such I'd look into building a more offensive team, which Swalot really doesn't belong on with its pathetic offensive stats.

If you're struggling with opposing Swalots, you should try to identify why that is rather than just grabbing your own (which ironically won't even help you with opposing Swalots in the first place). Swalot lacks power, lacks recovery, and has only mediocre bulk at best without several Stockpile boosts. Pressuring it with powerful Ground or Psychic moves will prevent it from ever being a threat in the first place. Even powerful neutral STAB moves will wear it down faster than it can set up.

I also swear there used to be a thread for single Pokemon rates but I can't find it now, so maybe it was deleted...?