• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Single-Type Team Ideas.

Waterlight

Oceanic Legend
Tommorow, I'm gonna restart Emerald with a team consisting of one type, and at the moment I can't decide between a Grass, Psychic or Water team. Which of the three would be easiest roughly? Below are some rough ideas on what I'll use, but I'm still not 100% sure. Most Pokémon are ones I've never tried before/used that much, with the exception of a few.

-Grass
Sceptile
Tropius
Roselia
Cacturne
Vileplume
Meganium (I'll have to breed this and trade it over)

-Water
Starmie
Wailord
Huntail
Gorebyss
Whiscash
Milotic (Again, I'd probably have to breed and trade since I can't be bothered fishing again. >_>)

-Psychic
Medicham
Alakazam
Exeggutor
Wobbuffet
Grumpig
Claydol

I've been thinking of doing something like this, since I've completed all the games a few times, and wouldn't mind trying the games differently. Any input and opinion on which would fare best ingame appreciated. Again, most of the Pokémon chosen are ones I haven't really used ingame before, and would like to train for the sake of it.

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)

Water is easiest since Water types are so diverse. But Wailord sucks majorly and Huntail isn’t that great either. Tentacruel, Ludicolo, Kingdra, even Walrein are better choices. Swampert > Whiscash, but you may have trained Swampert already and Whiscash is pretty cool in his own way.

mastermew

water or psychic because they are the best! but water is def. easier. but you should have a swampert should be in there.

Waterlight

Oceanic Legend
Yeah, I'm not keen on using the R/S/E starters ingame because I get bored of them. I've also had a Ludicolo on my R/S/E teams on quite a few play throughs, so I won't use it this time through if I go water. I think I'll replace Wailord with Kingdra and maybe even Huntail with Walrein/Tentacruel.

-Water
Starmie
Kingdra
Huntail/Walrein/Tentacruel
Gorebyss
Whiscash
Milotic

I think I've lowered it down to Water or Psychic, but still not sure. If it's possible and I go with grass, I might breed and trade a Bulbasaur (can't remember the restrictions on trading early in the game) in place of Vileplume since I've trained Vileplumes quite a few times.

Psychic would be the easiest team to breed and trade over at the start of the game and would probably be one of the most interesting but I think I'll go water.

Shiny Crobat

Psychic is the strongest team at attack and speed.
I would pick that one

Deoxys14

Born Again
I Have 2 Go With Psychic 2 :D
Claydoll Is Awesome!

OJG

r u not entertained
Grass. It's a challenge, and things like Ludicolo and Tropius are great.

maybe a fire type team?

Fire
Blaziken
Torkoal
Charizard
Marcargo
Moltres
Flareon

or Psychic

psychic
Alakazam
Madicham
Wobbufet
Claydol
Hypno
Alakazam

(make sure one of the 2 alakazams has the 3 elemental punches and a strong psychic attack)

KingBattlus

i don't lose
you cannot trade until after you've beaten the elite four in emerald, so just to get through the game, psychic would be very difficult (though IMO has a lot to offer). grass is a good choice, not too easy though with flannery and winona. water is pretty easy so if you must, i suppose so but there are better options.