• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Singles Rate & Moveset Request Thread - Read The First Post Before Asking A Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grei

not the color
Hmm. I've been trying to find good movesets for my potential rotating team members, Vanilluxe and Musharna.

584.gif

Vanilluxe
Ice Body
-Ice Beam
-Flash Cannon
-Body Purge
-Mirror Coat

Is this a good moveset? I wasn't sure for the last two slots, so I just took those two.

518.gif

Musharna
Synchronize/Telepathy
-Psychic
-Hypnosis
-Nightmare
-Energy Ball

I can't find anything good for Musharna. Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind, I didn't see the Musharna moveset listed in the index.

Last edited:

GalladeX

252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 Spe and you've got a deal.

Tbh the HP is high enough to need no investment. Just hit a Leftovers+1 jump point and be done with it; 40 HP / 216 Def / 252 SpDef, Bold works better imo. Could run a +SpDef Nature too but its gain will be lesser due to the higher Def base stat.

Beaten pretty hard in general by Vaporeon, though, imo.

Yay~ Edited with the EVs you suggested.

Most things that try to be Vaporeon are outclased by it. :p However, Alomomomomomomola is 10x more badass.

Also, you spelt Cofagrigus wrong on the Index. ^^;

And just so this isn't spam, here's a Cobalion moveset:

-

638.png

Cobalion @ Leftovers
• Heart of Justice
• Adamant
• 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
- Hone Claws/Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

Kind of like my Gothitelle moveset. Can't have another Ability, Leftovers for Recovery, Adamant for attacking.
HP and Atk EVs are maxed for...maximum-ness...and the Speed so you can hopefully get some flinch with Iron Head.

Hone Claws is used to compensate for Stone Edge's meh accuracy, as well as boosting Cobalion's Attack. The risk-taking-type can use Swords Dance.
Sacred Sword and Iron Head are both STAB moves, and Stone Edge provides coverage against Fire-types and Flying-types.

-

@Grei: The Vanilluxe moveset looks good. It doesn't really have much to work with...Uproar can be used as a neutral stab move against Fire and Fighting, perhaps, instead of Mirror Coat.

Zennyboiz

Herr Wailord
Yeah, I guess I can chuck out another.

JOLLYRAT! (Raticate) @ Flame Orb
Jolly | Guts
Facade
Sucker Punch
U-Turn
SD

Ok, here we go. Jolly for speed. Flame Orb is there to activate Guts and Facade get doubled in power after he is inflicted with Status + Facade is STAB. Sucker Punch gets priority and lets you get the preemptive strike on an attacking foe. U-Turn to get out of there. Swords Dance boosts your attack.

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Actually, TBR, Luvdisc 2.0 has a higher Def than Vaporeon, as well as muuuch higher HP. So the fish is better as a natural physical wall.

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Wow, there actually isn't one in the OP.

Simisage @ Life Orb / Muscle Band / Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Seed Bomb
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide
-Crunch/Return

bleeding-chocobo

On Cloud Nine
Wow, there actually isn't one in the OP.

Simisage @ Life Orb / Muscle Band / Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Seed Bomb
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide
-Crunch/Return

Thank you! :] I was wondering why nobody had put one up yet. I'm going to use one on my team, but didn't know which moveset would work good.

Edit: I did have a Simisage set, actually. Maybe a mixed set?

Simisage@Life Orb / Leftovers
Jolly / Gluttony
EVs: 80 Atk / 112 SpAtk / 4 Spe
~Energy Ball
~Crunch / Shadow Claw
~Work Up
~Brick Break

I tried my best on the EVs. :p Anyway, I was thinking he could go mixed, too. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Simisage@Life Orb / Leftovers
Hasty / Gluttony
EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SpAtk / 252 Spe
~Energy Ball
~Rock Slide
~Work Up
~Brick Break

If you want to mix, that's the set.

Last edited:

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
WHY DOES BEARTIC KEEP ON ROCKING AVALANCHE??? For those NOT interested in such a thing:

Beartic @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
-Hone Claws
-Icicle Drop
-Brick Break
-Stone Edge

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Garbordor @ Black Sludge
Adamant
Breakable Armour
24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
-Amnesia
-Gunk Shot
-Body Slam / Return
-Rock Blast

Best I could come up with. Feel free to ask questions if it makes no sense lol.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Nope, I wouldn't. Using Thunderbolt on a Physically-based set's a bad idea as it really won't be hitting very hard at all, especially with that crappy Base 60 SpAtk that Garbordor has. Rock Blast will be the better choice in here because it actually damages something.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Thing is, I'm planning to use Garbodor as part of my in-game team, and I'll already have Crustle with Rock Slide, which should be enough Rock-type support. Are there any other potent sets, at all, that Garbodor can use?

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Garbordor honestly doesn't have much going for it outside of a Spiker support or Stenched Rock Blasts. It's base SpA is too low to use it's slightly-better-but-still-inadequate special movepool, and I've done the best I could with its physical movepool. You, however, are more than welcome to try using Thunderbolt, if you wish.

BW202

Onyx-ceptable!!!
For Serperior I have Leaf Blade, Coil Around, Dragon Tail and then I have Leech Seed/Return. Which move should I go with for the last move?

Also, what's a good set for Unfezant? Currently I have Aerial Ace, Return, U-Turn and Roost.

Monochromatic

A.k.a: Nemo
I'd say Return, but that's just me.

Your Unfezant moveset is fine. Consider Steel Wing (Egg Move) over Roost, but otherwise, its good.

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
Alex needs to edit the OP sometime soon.

Jolteon@Life Orb/Choice Specs
Timid/Volt Absorb
~Thunderbolt
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power [Ice]
~Volt Change

Flareon@Life Orb/Choice Band/Muscle Band
Lonely/Flash Fire
~Nitro Charge
~Return
~Superpower
~Overheat

Leafeon@Leftovers
Jolly/Leaf Guard
~Swords Dance
~Leaf Blade
~X-Scissor
~Return

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Bold/Water Absorb
~Surf/Scald
~Toxic
~Protect
~Wish

Umbreon@Leftovers
Brave/Snynchronize
~Curse
~Payback
~Return
~Moonlight

Espeon@Leftovers
Timid/Synchronize
~Calm Mind
~Psychic/Psycho Shock
~Shadow Ball
~Grass Knot/Hidden Power [Fighting]

Glaceon@Life Orb/Choice Specs/Wise Glasses
Timid/Snow Cloak
~Ice Beam
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power [Ground]
~Water Pulse

Because the Eevee's need moar love

Aurath8

Aggron@Leftovers
Adamant/Rock Head
108 HP/252 Atk/148 Spd
-Body Purge
-Head Smash
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail

Body Purge doubles his speed. STAB Head Smash with no recoil could make a grown man cry in fear. Earthquake makes QuakeEdge. Aqua Tail covers Ground types. Adamant for power and Lefties helps with setup. The speed EVs get him past max speed base 115s and a tie with Whimsicott after Body Purge. Max attack and the rest is dumped into HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.