• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Singles Rate & Moveset Request Thread - Read The First Post Before Asking A Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
Can someone do a Liligant for me? I know butterfly dance petal dance and sleep powder for sure but for the last slot?? Giga drain leech seed? No hidden powers please maybe after my play through.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Substitute is the best choice there imo, it helps you set up fully. Leech Seed is also an option. Unfortunately there are no real viable attacking moves. =/

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
Hmm I thought sleeppowder would also help set up?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Really she's far from bulky so she needs all the help that she can get. If, after the opponent wakes up they still have a substitute to break through then you're immediately in a better position because you can instantly get them back to sleep again, set up another sub, and keep dancing or start attacking.

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
Sounds good would u still reccomend it if it was for My in game play thru ? and if yeah where Would I get substitute tm?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Eh, it can work for a playthrough. I used one for a while and despite having Butterfly Dance it played a little too slowly for my liking due to a lack of any real coverage but it could work out just fine. You can get Substitute somewhere in Twist Mountain, but only during Winter, which could be awkward.

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
Okay n sorry for this but would u rather use Liligant or Serperior with no dw ability

GalladeX

What's the similarities between these two Pokemon? They have the same abilities - normally and in Dream World. O-o

Spr_5b_150.png

Mewtwo @ Choice Specs/Wise Glasses
• Pressure
• Modest
• 4 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe
- Psycho Break
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

Because everyone wants to transfer their 1337 Mewtwo over ASAP. Sweeper Mewtwo. Pressure > Unnerve. Standard Sweeping EVs, Modest for big damage. Psycho Break is STAB, and Psycho Break/Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball/Flamethrower covers all his weaknesses iirc, as well as hitting every mon in the game for at least neutral (I think?).

Spr_5b_416.png

Vespiquen @ Leftovers
• Pressure
• Careful
• 252 HP / 126 Def / 126 Sp Def / 4 Atk
- Double Team
- Toxic
- Heal Order
- Bug Bite

Stallerquen. We can use Double Team, right? Owell. Careful for SpDef, although I guess something like Impish would work. 252 HP / 126 Def / 126 Sp Def is the best bulky EV spread I could think of. Attack is just because. Double Team is the main stalling move, while you recover with Heal Order and Leftovers. Toxic is why you're stalling. Bug Bite can get rid of Berries if you need to for whatever reason.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Vespiquen @ Leftovers
• Pressure
• Careful
• 252 HP / 126 Def / 126 Sp Def / 4 Atk
- Double Team
- Toxic
- Heal Order
- Bug Bite

Stallerquen. We can use Double Team, right? Owell. Careful for SpDef, although I guess something like Impish would work. 252 HP / 126 Def / 126 Sp Def is the best bulky EV spread I could think of. Attack is just because. Double Team is the main stalling move, while you recover with Heal Order and Leftovers. Toxic is why you're stalling. Bug Bite can get rid of Berries if you need to for whatever reason.

IMO Attack Order instead of Bug Bite, berries aren't that common in-game anyway. Unless this is for Battle Subway, but even then I'm still not sure....

anyway, Attack Order is physical too, and has 90 base power, so in terms of power, Attack Order wins.

Now I've thought of movesets for my 3 new, good natured, good IVs, Ranger Attack, Defence and Speed deoxys, I need a moveset for my careful, bad IVs, not-completely-legit-but-good-enough Normal Deoxys.

What can Normal Deoxys do that doesn't leave it outclassed by it's other formes?
(I can give it 4th gen moves, it isn't transferred yet)

Well, Normal Deoxys set is basically the same as Speed Deoxys and Attack Deoxys. Since it is Careful, use a physical-based set.

Ace of Shades

should I use Darumakka or Patrat or Deerling? and if i decide on one i'll miss the other two:(

Also Braviary and MAndibuzz on same team or Psychic-type(not Swoobat or Reuniclus) and Mandibuzz?

GalladeX

Some moar sets:

Spr_5b_621.png

Druddigon @ Leftovers
• Sheer Force
• Adamant
• 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Rock Climb
- Crunch
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

This set takes advantage of Sheer Force. Rock Climb and Crunch are both boosted to 135 and 106.4, respectively. Dragon Claw is STAB and Earthquake takes care of Steel-types. EVs are the best I could think of for someone so slow.

Spr_5b_606.png

Beheeyem @ Leftovers
• Analyze
• Modest
• 252 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 4 SpDef
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Energy Ball/Calm Mind

Now this is someone who likes being slow. Once he gets Analyze, his moves get boosted by 30% if he's the last one to go. 40 Base Speed. Yeah. Psychic/Shadow Ball/HP Fighting is coverage, and the last slot is filler.
EVs are the best for a slow fella like him. Leftovers for survival, Modest for Sp Atk, etc etc.
If you can't get Analyze, Synchronize would be your best bet.

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
Can someone tell me if fire fang on Krookodile makes sense?

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Not really. EQ / Crunch / Rock Slide / Hone Claws or something similar is probably your most efficient option.

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
How about Fire fang earthquake bulk up crunch ?

[GS]

Staring at my phone
I'd stick with Hone Claws, as his defensive stats are pretty meh.
Ungulate's set is best, but if you really want to keep Fire Fang you
can put it in over Crunch, it will at least give you a way to deal
with steels that aren't grounded. Decent against grass types too, I
suppose.

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
I'm just worried about those grass steel n GRASs bug pokes an I lack a fire poke on my team I wanted a couple pokes with fire moves just in case you know? How about just all out attacks?

Fire fang
Earthquake
Crunch
Outrage

With moxie of course

Last edited:

Canto

Does anyone have a good set for Bisharp? I looked on the OP and I don't think there are any there, unless I missed it.

Monochromatic

A.k.a: Nemo
625.png

• Bisharp @ Muscle Band/Leftovers
• Competitive Spirit
• Jolly Nature
• 252 Spe/128 Atk/128 HP
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
- Iron Head
- Psycho Cut

Bisharp has considerable bulk, which allows SD boosting. He's a little on the slow side, but still has potential as a sweeper.

Competitive Spirit just in case of Intimidate, and because other abilities suck. Jolly Nature tries to remedy that slightly-less-than-average Speed. 252 Spe for much-needed Speed, and 128 Atk because it's already high, not to mention the SD boosts, which allows for some investment in HP.

Swords Dance is the main focus of this set. Night Slash and Iron Head are your best STABs, although Iron Head gets pretty poor coverage...

Psycho Cut is an Egg move, but it helps against opposing Fighting Types. If you don't want to breed for it, I guess Return or Stone Edge (for Fire Coverage) is acceptable...

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
I would use sucker punch over nightslAsh

Aurath8

Heracross@Flame Orb
Guts/Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
-Protect
-Close Combat
-Megahorn
-Rock Slide

Protect stalls a turn so the Flame orb activates.
Close Combat and Megahorn for STAB. Rock Slide covers the flying types that Heracross hates.
Standard EV spread is standard. Jolly 'cos he's got enough attack already.

Status
Not open for further replies.