• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Singles Rate & Moveset Request Thread - Read The First Post Before Asking A Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metagrossman4

Metagross Master
thanks im going galvy

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
No problema.

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Dragon Claw > Dragon Tail; running a phazing move on Archeops is not the best of strategies, seeing as how it has negative priority. Or you could run Earth Power > Crunch if you wanted Ground coverage and wanted to mix, but that's optional.

rocky505

I am thinking of raising a Vanillite on my White version and I have been breeding some on Black with modest natures.

Vanilluxe
Modest
-Ice Beam
-Flash Cannon
-Frost Breath (For defensive stat boosting pokemon)
- Hidden Power(Can't decide which type to try and get)

Which type should I use for Hidden Power? Grass, Fire,?

Grei

not the color
I'm a little torn.

My Samurott's performance has not been satisfying lately. (Wow, that's a weird sentence.)

For a while, he has known the moves

-Razor Shell
-Swords Dance
-Megahorn
-Ice Beam.

His nature gives him a Sp. Atk boost, but oddly (probably because I've given him many Proteins), his Attack is eleven points higher than his Sp. Atk at the moment.

Now, I wanted Ice Beam there because nobody else on my team can use Ice Beam and I needed some way to deal with Dragons, and some way for Samurott to get more coverage. Thing is, as of lately, Ice Beam has not impressed me--I assume the lack of STAB and lower Sp. Atk in comparison to Atk has something to do with it.

I recently switched Ice Beam out for Aerial Ace (since the only Flying-type attack I had to use was Fly on my Braviary).

What would be a good moveset for Samurott? (Disregard the Razor Shell. I want to keep that on him instead of a move like Waterfall or Aqua Tail. It's the other moves that are bothering me...)

Rift

Team Zero
I'm a little torn.

My Samurott's performance has not been satisfying lately. (Wow, that's a weird sentence.)

For a while, he has known the moves

-Razor Shell
-Swords Dance
-Megahorn
-Ice Beam.

His nature gives him a Sp. Atk boost, but oddly (probably because I've given him many Proteins), his Attack is eleven points higher than his Sp. Atk at the moment.

Now, I wanted Ice Beam there because nobody else on my team can use Ice Beam and I needed some way to deal with Dragons, and some way for Samurott to get more coverage. Thing is, as of lately, Ice Beam has not impressed me--I assume the lack of STAB and lower Sp. Atk in comparison to Atk has something to do with it.

I recently switched Ice Beam out for Aerial Ace (since the only Flying-type attack I had to use was Fly on my Braviary).

What would be a good moveset for Samurott? (Disregard the Razor Shell. I want to keep that on him instead of a move like Waterfall or Aqua Tail. It's the other moves that are bothering me...)

Could you specific the nature, if not no worries heres a mixed set for him.
Naive Samurott @ Choice Scarf/Expert Belt
8 Atk/252 Special Attack/248 Speed
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot/Hidden Power Electric
- Megahorn

This also will work with Hasty, if hes something else like Modest let me know and i can give another set.

Grei

not the color
Could you specific the nature, if not no worries heres a mixed set for him.
Naive Samurott @ Choice Scarf/Expert Belt
8 Atk/252 Special Attack/248 Speed
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot/Hidden Power Electric
- Megahorn

This also will work with Hasty, if hes something else like Modest let me know and i can give another set.

Sure. My Samurott has an Impish nature. Also, I'd prefer a physical set for him, and if you (or anyone else) could give an opinion on how useful Samurott would be with Ice Beam, that would also be great.

Rift

Team Zero
Ouch unfortunately Impish is (+Def,-Sp.A), So using Ice Beam with him ins't the best idea and as well Samurott only has access to Special Ice Moves and a Dragon Tail which is a weak physical attack with based power of 60 but makes the Pokemon swap if it survives it.
Impish Samurott @ Life Orb/Leftovers
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Megahorn/Return
- Aqua Jet

This is pretty much the Physical set, a Sword Danced Dragon Tail actually could make the ability become useful so you probably can put it in place with Megahorn/Return if your that paranoid about dragon types :).

Grei

not the color
Ouch unfortunately Impish is (+Def,-Sp.A), So using Ice Beam with him ins't the best idea and as well Samurott only has access to Special Ice Moves and a Dragon Tail which is a weak physical attack with based power of 60 but makes the Pokemon swap if it survives it.
Impish Samurott @ Life Orb/Leftovers
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Megahorn/Return
- Aqua Jet

This is pretty much the Physical set, a Sword Danced Dragon Tail actually could make the ability become useful so you probably can put it in place with Megahorn/Return if your that paranoid about dragon types :).

That actually sounds like a good idea. I noticed that Ice Beam also helped with Grass-types, but I don't think I'll be fighting any Grass-types with Samurott anyway. The only reason I ever want to keep Samurott in is because I don't want the Swords Dance boost to fade, but it's not boosting Ice Beam so it's not really helping much anyway...

... and wait, I have Megahorn anyway. Wow.

OK then. I think I'll do that. Also, the stat in red is the one that's boosted? I thought it was the one that was lowered?

Throhlurk

Extremespeeder
Druddigon set?

im thinking adamant, 252 attack, 252 hp, 4 spe
Sheer force, life orb

-crunch
-dragon claw
-rock climb????
-????

i want to use sheer force because of teh L.O glitch, and its good, but idk what other moves to use

benwsf

The Torterra Trainer
Druddigon @?
Adamant
Sheer Force
-Glare
-Dragon Tail
-Toxic
-Substiute
To spread status around.

Rift

Team Zero
Druddigon set?

im thinking adamant, 252 attack, 252 hp, 4 spe
Sheer force, life orb

-crunch
-dragon claw
-rock climb????
-????

i want to use sheer force because of teh L.O glitch, and its good, but idk what other moves to use

Adamant Druddigon @ Life Orb
Your EV set works alright.
- Dragon Claw-Not Affected by Sheer Force
- Fire Fang-Affected by Sheer Force
- Rockslide/ Thunder Fang-Both Affected by Sheer Force
- Sucker Punch-Not Affected by Sheer Force

D-Claw for accurate coverage and sucker punch to take out those speedy ghost/psychics, everything else is self-explanatory. To tell you truth ill be probably running this set on my white team just with different EVs :)

Last edited:

Satski

Beastly Froslass
I'm trying to come up with a good moveset for my Scrafty. I think I'll use Crunch and Hi Jump Kick, but other than that I'm drawing a blank. Plus it has a calm nature so I dunno if it will have suckish attack. Help?

Rift

Team Zero
I'm trying to come up with a good moveset for my Scrafty. I think I'll use Crunch and Hi Jump Kick, but other than that I'm drawing a blank. Plus it has a calm nature so I dunno if it will have suckish attack. Help?

Id try to find an Adamant Scraggy since Calm would only be reducing its attack.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi

Read the first and second post - they have three movesets for Scrafty, I believe.

Poppin Fresh

I need help with any Gothitelle moveset, preferably with attacks that have good coverage.

Throhlurk

Extremespeeder
How do you get fire fang on a druddigon

Status
Not open for further replies.