• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Singles Rate & Moveset Request Thread - Read The First Post Before Asking A Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swagga09

How about this?

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
-Flamethrower
-thunderbolt
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor

Yeah I know.. you guys are probably thinking "why the heck does he want to make Dnite a special sweeper" or "why the hell didn't he use salamence instead"

I think this set is the element of surprise. Even though his attack is his highest stat, His SPA isn't BAD at all and I think this set could be pulled off. Yes, I know Salamence pretty much outclasses Dnite but that doesn't mean Dnite isn't good or useable and I still love this orange colored barney more. :)

Last edited:

Throhlurk

Extremespeeder
How's this Crustle?
Adamant, sturdy, 252 Att, 253 spe 4hp
Shell break
X scissor
Stone edge/ rock blast
Stealth rock

Final

I Submit to No One
How about this?

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
-Flamethrower
-thunderbolt
-Surf

Yeah I know.. you guys are probably thinking "why the heck does he want to make Dnite a special sweeper" or "why the hell didn't he use salamence instead"

I think this set is the element of surprise. Even though his attack is his highest stat, His SPA isn't BAD at all and I think this set could be pulled off. Yes, I know Salamence pretty much outclasses Dnite but that doesn't mean Dnite isn't good or useable and I still love this orange colored barney more. :)

Salamence doesn't get Surf or Thunderbolt though. It has to use the less reliable abeit more powerful Hydro Pump instead of Surf and if it wants an Electric attack, it has to use Hidden Power Electric while Dragonite can use the more powerful Thunderbolt so no, Salamence doesn't completely outclass Dragonite as a Special Attacking Dragon or as a Dragon period. You just shouldn't really be using Dragonite as if it were Salamence. Hydreigon however is better than both as a Special Attacker and it trades Thunderbolt for a STABed Dark Pulse or Earth Power (I say or since it can't use Earth Power and Dark Pulse on the same set since both moves are Egg moves from different parents in the same breeding group).

Last edited:
How about this?

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
-Flamethrower
-thunderbolt
-Surf

Salamence doesn't get Surf/Bolt, so it is more like why didn't he use Hydreigon and replace TBolt with Earth Power?

Rift

Team Zero

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
Any good movesets for a non-bred 5th gen Blastoise?

Irisfatum

The Sleepy Trainer
Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus/Justified
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Speed / 128 Atk / 128 SpAtk
-Work Up
-Extremespeed
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse

Just wondering if something like this would be a viable set...or if it would just be better for me to stick with either Swords Dance or Nasty Plot.

benwsf

The Torterra Trainer
@mychremo,
Blastoise only really gains Rain Dish in the 5th generation, so a 4th generation set would be fine. But here is an intresting Rain Dance set:

Blastoise @Leftovers
Calm
Rain Dish
-Aqua Ring
-Surf
-Protect
-Toxic

It would obviusly need a source of Rain Dance on the team.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
And now, a Granbull set.

Granbull@Life Orb
Adamant
Ability: Rattled
EVs: 170 Hp, 252 Atk, 88 Spe

- Double-Edge/Return
- Close Clombat
- Outrage
- Crunch/Earthquake/Ice Fang
Granbull doesn't seem to be used much, but I figured a good moveset could be made for it. Double-Edge is Granbull's strongest STAB, but Return is an option if you don't like the recoil. Close Combat beats down things like Ferrothorn, Lucario, and Excadrill. Outrage is there simply because it has a high power, not much resists it, and can possibly OHKO pokemon like Salamence or Hydreigon. The other moveslot is used for a filler, and for coverage. Life Orb>Choice Band because it lets you use more than one move. The EV spread allows Granbull to outspeed standard Machamp, who could possibly be a threat. Rattled is there just for the free speed boost, even though Granbull's speed is kinda iffy, and it doesn't take damage from ghost-type moves in the first place, but still, added speed is always nice.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
Volcarona, raised from an egg. Haven't got the chance to breed one yet, so I gave it my best to raise this little fella.

Level 75, Lonely Nature. Held Item: Charcoal

Stats:

229 HP
151 Attack
120 Defense
237 Special Attack
179 Special Defense
191 Speed

It knows Heat Wave, Psychic, Quiver Dance, and Bug Buzz.

NOTE: This pokemon I plan on entering into competitive play once both it and my other five out of my team hit level 100.

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Volcarona, raised from an egg. Haven't got the chance to breed one yet, so I gave it my best to raise this little fella.

Level 75, Lonely Nature. Held Item: Charcoal

Stats:

229 HP
151 Attack
120 Defense
237 Special Attack
179 Special Defense
191 Speed

It knows Heat Wave, Psychic, Quiver Dance, and Bug Buzz.

NOTE: This pokemon I plan on entering into competitive play once both it and my other five out of my team hit level 100.

Be nice to know EVs not stats but it's ingame so what can I expect.

Run fire dance or fire blast over heat wave. Otherwise fine.

Another idea is rest, quiver dance, flamethrower and bug buzz with a chest berry.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
Let me know what you think of this Swampert?

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed
Torrent
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

He has a 240 HP/ 216 Def/ 52 SpD spread. He also has a 31 IV count in both HP and Defense. Is he a worthy lead Pokemon?

Throhlurk

Extremespeeder
Stealth rock and roar aren't very good Ingame, so maybe use surf

madfwaz

hey peeps im woundering if anyone can recomend a move set for my haxarous.

its:

haxarous@ ??? (unsure)
nature: impish (+def, -sp.atk)
ability: mold breaker
EV 252 atk, 252 speed, 6 Hp

outrage
dragon dance
???
???

im really unsure of the last two moves and its item. i was thinking earthquake to make use of its ability mold breaker (it does cancel out levitate dont it?) but the forth slot is undecided. it also has max IV's in speed and is considered relatively super by the judge.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
hey peeps im woundering if anyone can recomend a move set for my haxarous.

its:

haxarous@ ??? (unsure)
nature: impish (+def, -sp.atk)
ability: mold breaker
EV 252 atk, 252 speed, 6 Hp

outrage
dragon dance
???
???

im really unsure of the last two moves and its item. i was thinking earthquake to make use of its ability mold breaker (it does cancel out levitate dont it?) but the forth slot is undecided. it also has max IV's in speed and is considered relatively super by the judge.

Yes, Mold Breaker cancels Levitate.
Impish isn't exactly the best Nature for it, but since you are already EV training it and it has 31 Speed IV, I'm guessing you don't want to take the time to get another one with Adamant Nature.

Haxorus
Impish Nature
~Dragon Dance
~Dragon Claw
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide

Outrage is not recommended alongside Dragon Dance, because after one or two D-Dance, when it hits itself on confusion, the damage may be enough to kill itself, since it is based on its own Attack (hence I mentioned D-Dance, because it raises Attack).

hey what would everyone teach a seviper it cant be bred i only have a male and the only move for sure i know i want is coil

Seviper
Adamant Nature
~Coil
~Poison Jab
~Earthquake
~Dragon Tail

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Lolololol double/triple status Stunfisk?

Stunfisk @ Wise Glasses / Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb / HP[Fire]

Lol @ ol' Fisky doing something. Discharge is STAB, and can induce paralysis. Earth Power is also STAB, lol. Scald keeps it alive against other Grounds, while using burn to cushion physical blows. Sludge Bomb was there as a counter to Grass types, as well as a way of inflicting poison upon those that cannot be burned, but HP[Fire] is also an option against Grass and Ice. Wise Glasses > LO / CS because it wants to keep its bulk and can't afford to be locked into a move. Lefties because Lefties (though EVs might have to be changed if Lefties). Whaddy'all think?

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Gah, I accidetaly sent over my Celebi prematurely, before it could learn Earth Power:

It's modest, has Special Sweeper EVs, and knows Giga Drain, Psychic and Nasty Plot. I just need suggestions for the last move.

It's Hidden Power is Electric, which I think is redundant with giga drain.

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
^^ Good. If I liked Derpfisk, (did i type that?) I'd use it.

Mandibuzz set, comin' Right up!

Mandibuzz @ Lefties / Muscle Band (?)
Careful/Adamant - Overcoat
-Substitute
-Roost
-Taunt
-Bone Rush/Night Slash/Brave Bird

Sub & Roost for protection, Taunt to prevent setup, and an attack as a filler:
Bone Rush to break Non-Flying Subs.
Night Slash for a STAB with no recoil.
Brave Bird for more power, but recoil, which could be risky.
I suppose a special move, i.e Air Slash or Dark Pulse, could be thrown into the mix, but the nature and item would change, if you used Muscle Band.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
What's the best moveset and Effort Value spread for a Naughty Victini?

Status
Not open for further replies.