• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Singles Rate & Moveset Request Thread - Read The First Post Before Asking A Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for that genesect moveset...
But i made a moveset for genesect that is worth.

Genosect.gif
[/IMG]
Genesect@Choice Specs/Live Orb/Leftovers
Modest or Timid/Dowload
252 SAtk/252 Spe/4 HP
-Bug Buzz
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Energy Ball/Flash Cannon/Psychic

The items depend if you want more power or more life
Bug Buzz kill Mewtwos and Darkrais
Ice Beam and Thunderbolt can KO alot
And the last slot pick the attack your team needs more

Last edited:

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
^ Nothing hit for SE by Flamethrower is of any major threat to Genosect, and you have BoltBeam coverage from Thunderbolt and Ice Beam anyway.

I don't have figures, but I'm willing to bet that HP Fire Magnezone is a major threat to Genosect...especially with Magnet Pull. So Flamethrower or HP Ground would be nice, huh (HP Ground would help with Heatran too).

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Hidden Power appearing in-game is lol. It's not of threat, and even if Maggy with HP[Fire] appears, it's really not worth using one whole moveslot for one threat. If you want to focus around threats that will only appear competitively, then you're in the wrong place tbh.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Well, seeing as there isn't a competitive subforum yet, I think we can let "srs bsns" sets slide. I mean, those Shandera sets before, and my Erufuun...(OK, Battle Subway, who cares.)

Aurath8

@ Aurawarrior8, what's with those Zuruzukin EVs?

I wanted this ZZ to be as bulky as possible so I picked a defensive nature and roughly evened out the defences. But then again with bulk up I should probably switch around those defensive EVs to give it 200 spdef while only 40 def

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
there isn't a competitive subforum yet

5th Gen Competitive Discussion

5th Gen CRMT

unless you meant something else.

I wanted this ZZ to be as bulky as possible so I picked a defensive nature and roughly evened out the defences. But then again with bulk up I should probably switch around those defensive EVs to give it 200 spdef while only 40 def

Just Max SpDef and HP if you want it to be really bulky. Its Base Def is high enough to take a hit before bulking up without any EV investment.

Melon

Lost in Translation
I have a Jolly Torchic from the Dream World which gains speed every turn.
Any idea for the move-set and EP distribution?

Thanks!

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ That's a great find.

Blaziken @ Leftovers
• Jolly Nature
• Speed Boost
• 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Hi Jump Kick
- Fire Punch

This set will probably sweep its way through anything that isn't Shandera, who can wall completely.

The idea of it is simple, but highly effective; On the first turn you come in, Sub up. This Substitute is critical to the set's success, and it should be a priority to get this in before the opponent can hit you, which is why I'm suggesting you use Max Spe rather than 180 Spe, which would be more efficient. Whether or not your Substitute breaks, you will have taken at most 3/16th of your maximum HP damage (factoring in Leftovers recovery), but will always be at +1 Spe, so it's really not a big sacrifice. Although if you're really worried you can run Protect instead. After you've had your speed boost, go ahead and use Swords Dance if you think the situation is safe enough and especially if your Substitute is still up, or just go on and attack straight away; HJK is powerful enough to put a very large dent in almost anything. Fire Punch is just thrown in there at the end for a more reliable, risk-free attack which gives a little bit more coverage, although it doesn't really add all that much.

Hope it helps.

Melon

Lost in Translation
Thanks Mate!

It's very different from what I am building so far!

For now, my Torchic became a Combusken like that:
252 in Speed
(no other EP distributed yet)

*Bulk Up (Never Used)
*Nitro Charge
*Ankle Sweep
*Filler

It's fun to use in the game so far but I have no idea if it's good or not.
I am happy to receive advice!

Aurath8

How's this Metgross?

Metagross@Leftovers/Life Orb/Balloon
Impish/Clear Body
252 atk/252 HP/4 Sdef
-Agility
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash
-Rock Slide/Thunder Punch/Ice Punch

I've used an Agiligross before but he kept on being screwed by priority, since most prority is physical I chose Impish over Adamant.
I'm not sure for it's last move and item. Rock Slide gets Gyrados, but that's about it. Ice Punch could catch Dragons I suppose, Thunder punch could hit buulky waters as well though.
Leftovers means he can stay alive but Life Orb provides that extra power he'll need because of his nature. Balloon gives me free setup against EQers but it's situational.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Thanks Mate!

It's very different from what I am building so far!

For now, my Torchic became a Combusken like that:
252 in Speed
(no other EP distributed yet)

*Bulk Up (Never Used)
*Nitro Charge
*Ankle Sweep
*Filler

It's fun to use in the game so far but I have no idea if it's good or not.
I am happy to receive advice!

I hate to say it, but there are quite a few problems with your moveset. Firstly, Nitro Charge is a bit pointless since Speed Boost is upping your Spe anyway, so that can go for a more powerful Fire move. I'm not quite sure of Ankle Sweep's effect yet, but what I do know is that Hi Jump Kick is simply way too powerful to pass up on. As for Bulk Up, it could work, but Blaziken isn't really the best candidate, especially when Speed Boost makes it perfect for spending a lot of time sweeping with Swords Dance > Bulk Up.

How's this Metgross?

Metagross@Leftovers/Life Orb/Balloon
Impish/Clear Body
252 atk/252 HP/4 Sdef
-Agility
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash
-Rock Slide/Thunder Punch/Ice Punch

I've used an Agiligross before but he kept on being screwed by priority, since most prority is physical I chose Impish over Adamant.
I'm not sure for it's last move and item. Rock Slide gets Gyrados, but that's about it. Ice Punch could catch Dragons I suppose, Thunder punch could hit buulky waters as well though.
Leftovers means he can stay alive but Life Orb provides that extra power he'll need because of his nature. Balloon gives me free setup against EQers but it's situational.

I don't really see how you're getting screwed over by priority when the standard Agiligross is not weak to any priority moves iirc and it has a hefty HP investment anyway.

Using an Impish Nature without a Def investment is pretty inefficient imo, it should be Adamant, you will get a larger and much more useful boost for what Meta is designed to do. I'd go with Ice Punch in the last slot, as it will deal with Ground Types which you are weak to.

Aurath8

Well the only Beldum I've got are Impish, Quiet and Bold I think. I lost the Adamant one when my HG went all screwed up and I had to start it again.
I could use Bold or Quiet for novelty special or mixed sets but their IVs are terrible as well as their Hidden Power (steel, of all the hidden powers I had to have steel for both) so there out.
I could make a Choice Band Tankgross.
Life Orb?
Anti-lead?
Well, I got nothing.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
I could use Bold or Quiet for novelty special or mixed sets but their IVs are terrible as well as their Hidden Power (steel, of all the hidden powers I had to have steel for both) so there out.

Specialgross. (n)

Seriously, imo MixGross or SpecialGross are both pretty useless. Outclassed by Jirachi among many other Steel or Psychic types, and Metagross is too good a physical attacker to waste anyway.

Life Orb?

The standard Agiligross uses Life Orb iirc. Or it can use it anyway, it'd still work.

Aurath8

Dang, I'm gonna need an adamant Ralts and some lucky swarms, might as well use DD Tyranitar at this rate.
It's so hard to find a good and accesible BT sweeper these days.
Well, at least I've go a Calm Uxie.
Uxie@Choice Scarf
Calm/Levitate
252 HP/252 spd/4 def
-Trick
-Flash
-Thunder Wave
-U-turn

TrickScarf Uxie anyone? He will outspeed base 140s before the trick assuming equalish IVs.
Trick is well... Trick. Thunder Wave for slowing them down and U-turn to get out of Mean Look and Shadow Tag, as well as causing some damage.
I'm well aware Calm hurts that U-turn but it is more filler than anything and will only be used for getting out of trapping situations and keeping the tricked opponent alive too is important.
So whaddya think?

Last edited:

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
Very gimmicky right here, and most likely only usable (if at all) in the BT and in Competitive, but heregoes.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Adamant/Jolly / Poison Heal
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Fling
Protect
Acrobat
Earthquake

It's kind of simple, but it's a pretty lame idea to begin with. Protect or Earthquake on the first turn to allow for Poison Heal, Fling to Poison the enemy (if not already poisoned) and this would allow for Acrobat to kick in, rising to a beastly 195 after STAB iirc. Fling allows for damage to be dealt while Poisoning, and Protect is of course, to stall if needed.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Roopushin @ Leftovers
Adamant / Guts
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Mach Punch

rygalla

well i'm working on a max speed Janovy so far here is what i've got

Vee
Item: Muscle band
Nature: Jolly
Ability: overgrow
Leaf Blade
Return
Attract
Cut

also i'm working on a fast but powerful Pururiru

Jazz
Item: unknown
Nature: unknown
Ability: Cursed Body
Attract
Hydro pump
Evil Eye
Ice beam

Also they're going to be on a future team whitch involves fast, Female, and Generation V pokemon

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Jalorda
Adamant Nature
~Coil
~Leaf Blade
~Return
~Dragon Tail

Burungeru
Modest Nature