• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Singles Team of DOOOOM

Soperman

The One and Only
After doing Random Matchup and Super Singles in the BS, I realized that I need a better team. I always lose. I need items from the BS, as I have gotten nothing but the power items, so here it is.

;297; @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
Adamant (+Att, -Sp. Att)
252 Hp / 252 Attack / 4 Def
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch / Fake Out

Hariyama is my Bulky Attacker. Base 144 Hp isn't something to joke about. Neither is 120 Attack. Hariyama actually has a decent move pool and great stats. Close Combat is the best Fighting type move around. Bulk Up to make him bulkier. Stone Edge for Flying types. Bullet Punch has priority and can revenge kill, but Fake Out is annoying in the beginning every time I send him out. Thick fat over Guts because I don't have the BP to afford the Flame Orb :(.

;248; @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Stream
Adamant (+Att, -Sp. Att)
252 Hp / 252 Att
- Crunch
- Brick Break / Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

This Ttar is one I trained a while ago, and he works well with Hariyama, covering his weaknesses. Crunch is nice STAB, so is Stone Edge. Fire Fang is for Grass types. Brick Break is for other Dark and Rock types, but Earthquake is great in general. The EV spread is kinda weird, I know, but it makes him pretty bulky. I can change it later.

;407; @ Big Root
Trait: Poison Point / Natural Cure
Timid (+Spd, -Att)
252 Sp. Att / 156 Sp. Def / 100 Spd
- Giga Drain
- Aromatherapy
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes / Shadow Ball

My Cleric. Giga Drain is STAB. Sludge Bomb is also STAB and takes care of Grass types. Toxic Spikes is for slowly whittling down the opponent's Hp, but Shadow Ball helps against Psychic types. If not TS then I will have Poison Point.

I am willing to switch up EVs for Ttar, and even switch him out for someone else.
My biggest threat here is Gallade. He can easily out speed and take out every single one of my pokemon. Roserade is the only one who can out-speed Gallade. Its Toxic Spikes or Poison Point might help, but it isn't likely to defeat him all together.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
a toxic orb on hariyama with guts can really punch holes in teams

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
if you can get a Hariyama with Guts ability, I will give you a Toxic Orb to help your team

Kerosene

Super Palkia
For a random matchup team, yours is pretty slow. You need checks to Volcarona, Cloyster, Garchomp, Latios, Kingdra, Politoed, Ninetales, Excadrill, Breloom and Dragonite, since they are the most common faces in Random Matches. Use a Choice Scarfer, Ferrothorn, or a priority user to be insurance against these guys. Mamoswine/Weavile could also be used to trap/kill dragons. Your team should be interchangeable with more pokemon to deal with more threats.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Burn Orb is actually better than Toxic Orb for activating Guts, as the damage does not increase over time, and the attack-reducing effect of the burn is ignored.

I wouldn't bother with Roserade. In a 3 vs 3 match, the effect of hazards won't matter too much, as there won't be as much switching as in a 6 vs 6.

Tyranitar covers all of Hariyama's weaknesses, so what you need as your 3rd pokemon is something that covers all of Tyranitar's weaknesses, and has most of its weaknesses resisted by Hariyama and Tyranitar.

Some options are Zapdos, Gliscor (great in sand), and Celebi.