• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

sinnoh battle frontier, sudden thought......

Status
Not open for further replies.

neptune_84

It's go time!
ok well the battle frontier from the 3rd gen took place in kanto in the anime, so i was thinking if they do the battle frontier for the 4th gen will it be set in johto?

if it is i was think we had contests for may continue in the kanto battle frontier, so we can only assume the would happen for dawn and the next battle frontier. so if they do set the battle frontier in johto i was thinking could we see may become dawn's main rival in the contests?

what do you guys and gals think??

Amaranth

Swag
Why?

May would of already been through Johto, then she would move somewhere new. I can't see why she would hang around Johto just to be Dawn's rival, it would be a complete waste of her character.

neptune_84

It's go time!
but then the same could be said about brock cos all he does is follow ash everywhere, and going on that assumption then why did may bother coming to the wallace cup if she is so busy in johto? i think it could be a possibity personally, also would finally please all of those people who argue who is better dawn or may when they are competing on a regular basis.

Squaaah

Im afraid this isnt an original idea, its been around for a while. The main argument against this is that the first battle frontier was only in Kanto to promote the FR/LG games. Also all of the BF buildings where all bunched together in one place in Emerald, so they spaced them out in Kanto rather then coming up with a new place. However in Platinum they're spaced out on an island with routes in between, so they can use it as the setting for the filler saga.

May came to the Wallace cup because its a big prestigous event and its Ribbon can be used in every region. I think it was also stated that she was having contest problems like Dawns and so was using the Wallace cup to get her back on her feet. I dont think She'd repeat the same region again. She might do it again in a few years.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
They'd only go back to Johto if a remake came out, then they'd set the Battle Frontier there.

Yeah this could ony happen if johto remake comes out first of all and there has been no news about it till now.
This could also happen that May becomes Dawn's rival but this isnt needed. They both have plenty of rivals for themselves.

neptune_84

It's go time!
May came to the Wallace cup because its a big prestigous event and its Ribbon can be used in every region. I think it was also stated that she was having contest problems like Dawns and so was using the Wallace cup to get her back on her feet. I dont think She'd repeat the same region again. She might do it again in a few years.

but going on that why did soledad, harley and drew not follow her if its such a massive event?

also why does everyone seem to think they follow every rule the games follow? look at the number of times they have broken those rule from the game in the anime. in the anime alot of strengths and weakness are forgotten and pokemon appear in regions that are never catchable in that region in the games.

Squaaah

but going on that why did soledad, harley and drew not follow her if its such a massive event?

Because they weren't having contest problems. They probably thought "We're doing fine, getting plenty of ribbons here in Johto, we dont need a quick break to go to Sinnoh to enter this event." Whereas May, who was suffering the same problem as Dawn decided it would do her good.

And as for the game rules, the anime is a tool to market the games. When a Johto remake is made, they will return to Johto to make everyone feel nostaligic about it and want to buy the new games. If they return to Johto now, then release a Johto game later it will look silly if they go to Johto AGAIN straight afterwards. Its better to save it for when a Johto game comes around.

milenadrg

They'd only go back to Johto if a remake came out, then they'd set the Battle Frontier there.

But Dawn's Coordinator, isn't she and she will be 100% sure iterested in Johto Contests and she will be still around because there's Johto BF what is Ash interested in. Must be everything copy of the games...

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Well, we still have a long way to go before the new Battle Frontier even begins to register in anyone's mind, so if they announce Johto remakes before the end of the Sinnoh League, it'll be in Johto. Otherwise, we can expect to see it in northern Sinnoh. I mean, we still have Stark Mountain to look forward to, right?

Unless, of course, the rumors of Heatran being in the 12th movie are true.

Squaaah

Unless, of course, the rumors of Heatran being in the 12th movie are true.

Well Darkrai was in the 10th movie AND in its island in the anime. It seems to me like the battle frontier saga will take place in northern sinnoh WITH a Stark mountain arc. It would also explain why Wake got so few episodes.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Everyones point is right except one. they dont have to follow the games now do they. Well sorry but this battle frontier actually has a bigger island with more events such as the stark mountain events with team galactic the top trainer cafe and even the resort area. You know i think this island would be perfect for contests and have the resort area as its grand festival place.

thunderblade12

The AG battle frontier was only in Kanto because they RBY remakes. Since theres no sign of a GSC remake, I doubt it. Besides, they have a perfectly good island for it to be set on already. Theres plenty of good stuff on that island, Trainer Cafe, Ribbon Society, Mt Stark(Heatran+Pluto)

People believe the Jogto team will get to "redeem" themselves if Ash goes back to Johto. If he did it would be handled the same way as the Hoeen Battle Frontier, he would use his Sinnoh team for the most part and use reserves only for his battles against the Frontier Brains

Last edited:

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
This has been discussed many times before. Whether there will be one is totally based on when the 5th generation of games is released. The advanced generation didn't end in time for Diamond and Pearl to be released so the Battle Frontier was just a filler.

milenadrg

The AG battle frontier was only in Kanto because they RBY remakes.

You're sure? I don't think it's JUST because of that. That's one of the reasons, of course, but then May will gone and same for Dawn. I think(and hope) there will be Johto BF and I want to see Dawn doing her Johto Contests. But maybe you're right, maybe there will be no Johto BF or even a Platinum(Sinnoh) BF in the anime and afther this ends, they will just gone to next gen:p
I want to see Pt BF, but if they don't want to show them, I can't change it...

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Like how Battle Frontier was in Kanto was from FireRed and LeafGreen promotions, so if they put the new BF in Johto, yes, they're would have to be remakes of GS. But that's completely farfetch'd. Maybe since May has competed in Hoenn, Kanto, and Johto, no doubt she and her rivals will go to Sinnoh.

Pretty much we can all do is wait since we might see the Sinnoh League coming soon in Japan. The US for 2010, since for the Hoenn league in Japan was from 2002-2005, and US for 2003-2006.

So The Sinnog League lenght would be JP: 2006-2009 US: 2007-2010

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Yes milendarg thats the only reason why they did so and even give her 2 of the kanto starters. If you can give another reason ill be shocked. But you also got to think of something. The frontiers are 5 now instead of 7. Its more easy to spread 7 frontiers which are like gyms all over a region instead of 5. Even if they do so cause of a gs remake it will still be awkward as not all of jhoto would be showcased. Unless of course they spread it very apart. Which i doubt with such little time they have.

Basically, if there IS a GS remake, battle frontier is in Johto. NO GS remake, it is in that nothern island. If there is no remake and they really need to move on to 5th Gen, no BF.

thunderblade12

This has been discussed many times before. Whether there will be one is totally based on when the 5th generation of games is released. The advanced generation didn't end in time for Diamond and Pearl to be released so the Battle Frontier was just a filler.

There will probably be time in between the end of Sinnoh in the anime and the release of the 5th generation games too though. If 5th generation pokemon start being revealed now then it will be around the same time that the 4th generation pokemon where introduced in the 3rd gen. We could even have time for the Sinnoh saga to end near DP160, then a 60-70 episode Battle Frontier arc and then about 10 episodes for an Elite 4 arc. That would put us at like DP230 which is only about 30 episodes more than AG.

Also, I dont think the Battle Frontier would really be filler. They're introducing characters from the games. With only two gyms left, theres no way Sinnoh could possibly go past DP175

now(DP109)->Snowpoint: 30 episodes
Snowpoint->Sunnyshore: 20 episodes
Sunnyshore->Grand festival/sinnoh league: 15 episodes
= DP174

It may even be before that, there might only be like 20 episodes separating Canalave and Snowpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.