• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

sinnoh battle frontier, sudden thought......

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD

uhh i dont think we should talk this yet chelc is gonna close it (party pooper;412;)

neptune_84

It's go time!
wow this is the firth thread i have made that has created such arguements lol i am impressed with myself lol.

but like many others have said and i have said why does everyone always think the anime follows the games, i mean the biggest arguement against that is TEAM ROCKET! they were only in the first 2 gen games and have not been seen in a game since. so if they follow the games so religously why are jessie, james and meowth still around? if they followed the games why did they not make aqua and magma take there place 100% in the 3rd gen and galactic in the 4th gen. another is why do we never see the gang at the marts buying different pokeballs, cos the various pokeballs have always been a big part of the games and having different effects. another is that in the games pokemon are stored in the pc, so why not in the anime. in the anime you have never seen anyone use the pc system to store there pokemon. in every gen we meet someone new who invented there computer system but we only ever saw bill.

now i am not a fanatic on the show like some but i have pointed out 3 massive aspects of all the games since day 1 that have not been followed in the anime. so why could they not set the sinnoh battle frontier in johto? the writers of pokemon like to change aspects of the games for the anime, like the 3 above and the kanto battle frontier was another of those.

shon_taylor

ican has cheezburger
How did they only go back to Kanto to promote FR/LG?

FR and LG were released in 2004 in Japan, while the Pokemon:Battle Frontier episodes didn't even air in Japan until about a year later around the same time.

milenadrg

Yes milendarg thats the only reason why they did so and even give her 2 of the kanto starters. If you can give another reason ill be shocked. But you also got to think of something. The frontiers are 5 now instead of 7. Its more easy to spread 7 frontiers which are like gyms all over a region instead of 5. Even if they do so cause of a gs remake it will still be awkward as not all of jhoto would be showcased. Unless of course they spread it very apart. Which i doubt with such little time they have.

Oh, really, but why did they gave him PHANPHY then, why didn't they gave him some Kanto Pokemon such as Bulbasaur, Muk or that poor Kingler. Phanpy is JOHTO Pokemon how I understood, not Kanto. Does it look like KANTO remake?

neptune_84

It's go time!
another good reason for them to go back to johto is they can finally develop some of the characters like the odd gym leaders could make a cameo. also they might decide to have team rocket make a return as an evil group to return the show to its roots and where it all started. lets face it team rocket are always refered back to in the show thanks to jessie and james. so they could find some reason to have the whole team in the show again. also there are only 5 brains i believe in the sinnoh battle frontier so they would have to find a way to make it stretch out a bit. also if they did go back to johto and dawn did a load of new contests, it would be cool to see her up against drew, harley and soledad.

Squaaah

another good reason for them to go back to johto is they can finally develop some of the characters like the odd gym leaders could make a cameo. also they might decide to have team rocket make a return as an evil group to return the show to its roots and where it all started. lets face it team rocket are always refered back to in the show thanks to jessie and james. so they could find some reason to have the whole team in the show again. also there are only 5 brains i believe in the sinnoh battle frontier so they would have to find a way to make it stretch out a bit. also if they did go back to johto and dawn did a load of new contests, it would be cool to see her up against drew, harley and soledad.

They had the opportunity to do that in Kanto, yet they totally blew it. And if they went to Johto theres no garante any of Mays rivals will be there. They most likely will have gotten 5 ribbons, competed in the grand festival and moved onto a new region by the time the Filler saga comes around.

It just makes more sense to go to the battle island. In Emerald, the battle frontier had no story or anything to connect it to the plot, and it wasn't big enough to accomodate an entire journey. The battle island in Sinnoh has loads more to offer, and is much bigger. It has links with the rest of the game through character and storyline and provides great opportunity for story continuation (Stark mountain and such), it also has the contest resort place, which they could stretch to include contests as well, giving Dawn a storyline.

Also, thee have been several hints of Ash taking on the Elite 4 this series. with there being only 5 battle frontier buildings, it might make sense to have Ash use the battle frontier to train up to battle the elite 4 at the end of the filler. Why on earth would Ash go all the way back to Johto, then go all the way back to Sinnoh for a few battles, only to have to come all the way back again.

And the reason everyone thinks the anime will follow the games is because the anime DOES follow the games as much as it possibly can. Or at least it has since Hoenn started. There wasnt enough in the Emerald battle frontier to fill another series with so the moved it to Kanto and made up some fillers. They have the opportunity to adapt from the game here, so why would they miss it?

thunderblade12

I gotta disagree. They didn't even take the chance to show Janine in that ninja episode where Brock got Bonsly. Hell, Ash and company didn't even stop by the Cerulean Gym to see Misty. I doubt they would show the Johto gym leaders or anyone else, Elm, Jimmy, Marina, Casey, Jackson, Silver, Kurt etc.

If they want to show an evil group then we still have Team Galactic, Pluto is trying to catch Heatran at Mt Stark in Platinum.

Going to Johto would almost ensure that Dawn wouldn't get a chance to battle Drew, Harley and Solidad. However, May and her rivals may join Dawn and her rivals in the quest to gather ribbons in the Battle Zone so that they can battle at the Grand Festival held in the Ribbon Society. Im not saying May and her rivals would become recurring characters again if the group went to the Battle Zone instead of Johto, but it has a better chance of happening than if they go to Johto. May and her rivals will be done with their Johto journeys by the time Ash and Dawn are done in Sinnoh so they would just be heading somewhere else. May, Drew, Harley and Solidad will probably just go to Sinnoh afterwards but the Ribbon Society could be the writers excuse to have them become Dawn's "rivals."

May: I was going to go to Sinnoh first but I couldn't miss the chance to see the world famous Ribbon Society! So me and my bitc...erm..rivals are going to be doing contests in the Battle Zone before heading to Sinnoh!

Torpoleon

The AG battle frontier was only in Kanto because they RBY remakes. Since theres no sign of a GSC remake, I doubt it. Besides, they have a perfectly good island for it to be set on already. Theres plenty of good stuff on that island, Trainer Cafe, Ribbon Society, Mt Stark(Heatran+Pluto)

People believe the Jogto team will get to "redeem" themselves if Ash goes back to Johto. If he did it would be handled the same way as the Hoeen Battle Frontier, he would use his Sinnoh team for the most part and use reserves only for his battles against the Frontier Brains
That would be a good idea. But, what about Dawn? Also, there still could be a Johto Battle Frontier andif people think it is awesome than that might encourage the creators to make a GSC Remake. Actually, having the Battle Frontier in Northwestern Sinnoh would not give that much room to space out the facilitys locations.

thunderblade12

They could easily create anime-only cities in the Battle Zone for Dawn's contests to be located. In fact, thats probabkly what they would do for the Battle Facilities too since there only 3 main areas in the Battle Zone that could be concieved as "towns or cities."

Jun's Heracross

Battle Ace
There are way to many unwritten laws about the pokemon anime.

Also in hoenn may caught a bulbasaur to promote FR and LG so if dawn catches a johto starter, lets a say cyndaquil, due to the huge lack of fire types in Sinnoh, that could hint a gsc game remake therefore they could go to Johto for the battle frontier. plus they can still go to the island with the battle/resort area and the battle frontier some where else.

but really if you think about it they've got ages yet till the end of the sinnoh arc, anything could happen

Status
Not open for further replies.