• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh Dex 3.0 Speculation Thread

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I think that it is possible that all the Gen I-IV pokemon will by in BDSP. And that its likely that the pokemon in the Battle Resort or through things like swarming will be available in-game, but not the dex.

It has always struck out to me that three gen IV event pokemon got snapped while others (Mew, Celebi, Victini) etc. didn't.
I also think that it is likely that there will be events for Arceus and Darkrai as well as Manaphy, and they will be all patched into SwSh. Or that Arceus will be introduced through Legends Arceus, like Manaphy with Ranger.

I am also considering the mons missing from SwSh and the BDSP Sinnoh Dex.
Let's say, hypothetically, that when SwSh was deciding who was going to make it into the Isle of Armour and Crown Tundra. They decided to leave out lots of the Gen I-IV pokemon that are available in Sinnoh.
Then patch them in later to help cross-compatibility sell BDSP.

That would explain why IoA included literally all the fossil pokemon besides the Cranidos and Shieldon lines. They wanted to include them as version exclusives, prominent in Sinnoh. As well as why some quite popular pokemon like Infernape and Pachirisu were left out.

Here are the fully-evolved pokemon Gen I-IV Pokemon that are not in SwSh.
  1. Arbok
  2. Beedrill
  3. Dewgong
  4. Dodrio
  5. Electrode
  6. Golem
  7. Hypno
  8. Muk
  9. Parasect
  10. Pidgeot
  11. Primeape
  12. Raticate
  13. Venomoth
  14. Victreebell
  15. Ampharos
  16. Ariados
  17. Donphan
  18. Feraligatr
  19. Forretress
  20. Furret
  21. Girafarig
  22. Granbull
  23. Houndoom
  24. Jumpluff
  25. Ledian
  26. Magcargo
  27. Meganium
  28. Smeargle
  29. Stantler
  30. Sunflora
  31. Typholosion
  32. Unown
  33. Ursaring
  34. Banette
  35. Beautifly
  36. Breloom
  37. Cacturne
  38. Camerupt
  39. Chimecho
  40. Delcatty
  41. Deoxys
  42. Dustox
  43. Gorebyss
  44. Grumpig
  45. Hariyama
  46. Huntail
  47. Illumise
  48. Kecleon
  49. Luvdisc
  50. Masquerain
  51. Medicham
  52. Mightyena
  53. Minun
  54. Plusle
  55. Seviper
  56. Slaking
  57. Spinda
  58. Swalot
  59. Swellow
  60. Tropius
  61. Volbeat
  62. Zangoose
  63. Ambipom
  64. Arceus
  65. Bastiodon
  66. Bibarel
  67. Buizel
  68. Burmy
  69. Carnivine
  70. Chatot
  71. Darkrai
  72. Empoleon
  73. Floatzel
  74. Glameow
  75. Gliscor
  76. Honchkrow
  77. Infernape
  78. Kricketune
  79. Lumineon
  80. Manaphy
  81. Mothim
  82. Pachirisu
  83. Probopass
  84. Purugly
  85. Rampardos
  86. Shaymin
  87. Staraptor
  88. Torterra
  89. Wormadam
  90. Yanmega
Just something to consider, if they want to use BDSP to start to fill in some of the blank spaces of SwSh. Even if they don't patch them in. That way when Gen IX comes around, people won't have to transfer pokemon from the 3DS to Home on the Switch.

I would be really pleasantly surprised if the Gen II, V and/or VI starters were in BDSP too. I know we've only seen Gen I-IV pokemon in BDSP. But ORAS and HGSS made a point of having older starters as postgame rewards. Its not like there's a strict rule that the re-makes aren't allowed to throw in a couple of post Gen IV pokemon.[/spoiler]

Pokemon Power

I think that it is possible that all the Gen I-IV pokemon will by in BDSP. And that its likely that the pokemon in the Battle Resort or through things like swarming will be available in-game, but not the dex.

It has always struck out to me that three gen IV event pokemon got snapped while others (Mew, Celebi, Victini) etc. didn't.
I also think that it is likely that there will be events for Arceus and Darkrai as well as Manaphy, and they will be all patched into SwSh. Or that Arceus will be introduced through Legends Arceus, like Manaphy with Ranger.

I am also considering the mons missing from SwSh and the BDSP Sinnoh Dex.
Let's say, hypothetically, that when SwSh was deciding who was going to make it into the Isle of Armour and Crown Tundra. They decided to leave out lots of the Gen I-IV pokemon that are available in Sinnoh.
Then patch them in later to help cross-compatibility sell BDSP.

That would explain why IoA included literally all the fossil pokemon besides the Cranidos and Shieldon lines. They wanted to include them as version exclusives, prominent in Sinnoh. As well as why some quite popular pokemon like Infernape and Pachirisu were left out.

Here are the fully-evolved pokemon Gen I-IV Pokemon that are not in SwSh.
  1. Arbok
  2. Beedrill
  3. Dewgong
  4. Dodrio
  5. Electrode
  6. Golem
  7. Hypno
  8. Muk
  9. Parasect
  10. Pidgeot
  11. Primeape
  12. Raticate
  13. Venomoth
  14. Victreebell
  15. Ampharos
  16. Ariados
  17. Donphan
  18. Feraligatr
  19. Forretress
  20. Furret
  21. Girafarig
  22. Granbull
  23. Houndoom
  24. Jumpluff
  25. Ledian
  26. Magcargo
  27. Meganium
  28. Smeargle
  29. Stantler
  30. Sunflora
  31. Typholosion
  32. Unown
  33. Ursaring
  34. Banette
  35. Beautifly
  36. Breloom
  37. Cacturne
  38. Camerupt
  39. Chimecho
  40. Delcatty
  41. Deoxys
  42. Dustox
  43. Gorebyss
  44. Grumpig
  45. Hariyama
  46. Huntail
  47. Illumise
  48. Kecleon
  49. Luvdisc
  50. Masquerain
  51. Medicham
  52. Mightyena
  53. Minun
  54. Plusle
  55. Seviper
  56. Slaking
  57. Spinda
  58. Swalot
  59. Swellow
  60. Tropius
  61. Volbeat
  62. Zangoose
  63. Ambipom
  64. Arceus
  65. Bastiodon
  66. Bibarel
  67. Buizel
  68. Burmy
  69. Carnivine
  70. Chatot
  71. Darkrai
  72. Empoleon
  73. Floatzel
  74. Glameow
  75. Gliscor
  76. Honchkrow
  77. Infernape
  78. Kricketune
  79. Lumineon
  80. Manaphy
  81. Mothim
  82. Pachirisu
  83. Probopass
  84. Purugly
  85. Rampardos
  86. Shaymin
  87. Staraptor
  88. Torterra
  89. Wormadam
  90. Yanmega
Just something to consider, if they want to use BDSP to start to fill in some of the blank spaces of SwSh. Even if they don't patch them in. That way when Gen IX comes around, people won't have to transfer pokemon from the 3DS to Home on the Switch.

I would be really pleasantly surprised if the Gen II, V and/or VI starters were in BDSP too. I know we've only seen Gen I-IV pokemon in BDSP. But ORAS and HGSS made a point of having older starters as postgame rewards. Its not like there's a strict rule that the re-makes aren't allowed to throw in a couple of post Gen IV pokemon.[/spoiler]
Listen, if you really feel that patching missing Gen. 1 through 4 Pokemon into Sword and Shield to tie-in with BDSP is a deep topic that needs heavy amounts of discussion, don't use my thread to talk about it. Make your own.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Listen, if you really feel that patching missing Gen. 1 through 4 Pokemon into Sword and Shield to tie-in with BDSP is a deep topic that needs heavy amounts of discussion, don't use my thread to talk about it. Make your own.
That one was on-topic. I'm just bringing some other evidence for comparison.
Part of the post about whether non-sinnoh dex mons from the battle resort would be in the game and not the dex. The rest was wondering if pokemon being absent from SwSh would make them more or less likely to be added to BDSP. Since cross-compatibility has always been good for Pokemon's sales.

Especially the event mons. The fact that all three aren't in SwSh suggests that Game Freak might have always had plans for the Gen IV event mons that are different to the others. There could be an arceus and darkrai event. Or there could be an Arceus events that ties into, well, Legends Arceus.

Pokemon Power

That one was on-topic. I'm just bringing some other evidence for comparison.
Part of the post about whether non-sinnoh dex mons from the battle resort would be in the game and not the dex. The rest was wondering if pokemon being absent from SwSh would make them more or less likely to be added to BDSP. Since cross-compatibility has always been good for Pokemon's sales.

Especially the event mons. The fact that all three aren't in SwSh suggests that Game Freak might have always had plans for the Gen IV event mons that are different to the others. There could be an arceus and darkrai event. Or there could be an Arceus events that ties into, well, Legends Arceus.
I think getting Arceus in Legends will basically be like getting Deoxys in OR/AS and Keldeo in the Sword and Shield Expansion Pass. As for the other two, we might get Shaymin in the post-game story, since it has ties with Giratina, and Darkrai might appear too in some capacity.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The previews are in. And I saw a Goldeen in one of the new screenshots.
Goldeen was always going to be in BDSP. It was in the original games and Sinnoh Dex.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I just read that according to Eurogamer there will not be a national dex. It was posted on Pokemon News on Facebook, but I haven't seen any Eurogamer article or anything. Anyone else find this?

Julia Artemis

I saw a potential number of only 450 being the BDSP Pokedex. But unsure how accurate this is. If true than kind of disappointing but not unexpected. I don't know maybe the Dex will expand post game, really would like to see missing pokemon in the PokeRadar. But if not guess have to wait to Legends or worst case scenario gen 9

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I saw a potential number of only 450 being the BDSP Pokedex. But unsure how accurate this is. If true than kind of disappointing but not unexpected. I don't know maybe the Dex will expand post game, really would like to see missing pokemon in the PokeRadar. But if not guess have to wait to Legends or worst case scenario gen 9

That seems pretty believable. Disappointing, but believable. If there's only 450 Pokemon in the entire game, that means that some of the Pokemon from the 4th gen National Dex would be unavailable and possibly even no 5th-8th gen Pokemon. That was about how many Pokemon there were in the originals, so the Pokemon selection would probably be about the same as the original.

Pokemon Power

So far, we've seen 126 different Pokemon in pre-release material. And that's not even counting evolutionary relatives that haven't been seen yet.

PCN24454

When I think back to the OG DP Dex, I had to appreciate how they showed cross-regional development.

That being said, it was annoying from a gameplay viewpoint.

Bill the Typhlosion

I think all 493 Pokemon from the first four generations will be available. In the first Pokemon Presents, the narrator said that we can go on a "grand adventure" with "all the Pokemon" from Diamond and Pearl. There's also a screenshot that shows Bidoof with its National Pokedex number. It would be weird if a remake had less Pokemon in it than the game it's based on.

The starters and legendaries that were previously unobtainable in Sinnoh (Bulbasaur, Lugia etc.) could appear in the Grand Underground, possibly.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think all 493 Pokemon from the first four generations will be available. In the first Pokemon Presents, the narrator said that we can go on a "grand adventure" with "all the Pokemon" from Diamond and Pearl. There's also a screenshot that shows Bidoof with its National Pokedex number. It would be weird if a remake had less Pokemon in it than the game it's based on.

The starters and legendaries that were previously unobtainable in Sinnoh (Bulbasaur, Lugia etc.) could appear in the Grand Underground, possibly.
Yeah. That's never happened before. Every remake in Pokemon has always had more Pokemon than what the originals had, although BDSP might break this trend by having the exact same roster of available Pokemon as the originals.

Pokemon Power

I think we all knew this was coming. The legendary lake guardians, Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf have been confirmed.
EDIT: Website also confirms Rotom. And the Japanese site confirms the Rattata and Spearow families.
EDIT 2: New commercial confirms the Bellsprout family!
EDIT 3: Tentacool family confirmed in another commercial.
EDIT 4: Abra family in Japanese commercial! And the Magikarp, Teddiursa, Lickitung, Carnivine, and Nosepass families have also been confirmed in the Japanese overview trailer.

Last edited:

Golden_Arcanine

Was there ever a real question of whether or not it'd have at least the original DP Pokedex? I thought the only question was it going to be DP Pokedex or Platinum Pokedex.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Yeah. That's never happened before. Every remake in Pokemon has always had more Pokemon than what the originals had, although BDSP might break this trend by having the exact same roster of available Pokemon as the originals.
I'd say the tradition is getting broken and that BD/SP will have the exact same roster as D/P.

Pokemon Power

The datamine is happening.
According to it, the games will follow the original D/P Sinnoh Dex, which is a big downgrade. But, it will be possible to obtain almost every Pokemon from the first four generations, most through the Grand Underground.
Legendaries from Gen. 1 through 3 will be available in Pal Park through a new gimmick.
EDIT: The Pal Park upgrade has been officially revealed.

Last edited:

OwensJB

Lol wasn't almost everyone saying that this game would have the Platinum Dex? Turns out that it's the same old Diamond & Pearl Dex. And no the extra Pokemon don't count since they're not in the BDSP Sinnoh Dex.