• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh Dex 3.0 Speculation Thread

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m hoping we at least get some expanded lore about Heatran because nothing about it really screams Legendary and we only know that it somehow keeps Stark Mountain from erupting but nothing else. It is the Sinnoh Legendary we know the least about. And also why does it have genders if it can’t breed at all? At least give us something to explain the strange entity that is Heatran.

Pokemon Power

I’m hoping we at least get some expanded lore about Heatran because nothing about it really screams Legendary and we only know that it somehow keeps Stark Mountain from erupting but nothing else. It is the Sinnoh Legendary we know the least about. And also why does it have genders if it can’t breed at all? At least give us something to explain the strange entity that is Heatran.
Hey, Urshifu has genders and it can't breed.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Hey, Urshifu has genders and it can't breed.
Yeah but we get info about how it likes to train alone which could be used to explain why it can’t breed. It lives life like a hermit and thus isn’t around other Urshifu that often.

Bill the Typhlosion

I'm hoping for a revised Platinum Dex with a more intuitive numbering system and the following Pokemon added: Ditto, Sylveon, Heatran, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus. (Ditto is required to obtain Phione, and the three Regis are required to obtain Regigigas.)

I made a spreadsheet
showing what this new Pokedex could look like. Pokemon from the Platinum expansion are highlighted in blue, and my new additions are highlighted in red.

Is such a big overhall likely in a faithful remake? I don't know, but I think it's a possibility, especially if there's no National Dex.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Not quite--the trailer shows the statue in Eterna City as being a combination of Dialga, Palkia, and Arceus, so there may be some sort of Kyurem-esque fusion going on here:

pokemon_brilliant_diamond_shining_pearl_dialga_statue.jpg

Since this is the final shot of the trailer before the titles, it hints that things are not going to be exactly the same.

There's literally no Arceus in that statue.

Head: Dialga
Crest: Dialga
Shoulders: Palkia
"Arms": Dialga
"Legs": Palkia
Wings: Palkia
Backcrest: Dialga
Tail: Definitely not Arceus.

That statue has always been a mix-up of both Dialga and Palkia. I mean just look at the image in this tweet:
Then look at this screencapture from the manga: Which is the exact thing they've recreated.

I normally never cared for Heatran - or genuinely the postgame island in general. It's generally out of spite that even the Sinnoh Battle Frontier got skipped by the animé, but also that the Sinnoh Battle Frontier is also a letdown compared to the awesomeness of the diversity of the Emerald Battle Frontier. Getting up to Stark Mountain feels like such a chore. Getting more on Heatran (maybe hints during the main game) could remedy that.

I'm hoping for a revised Platinum Dex with a more intuitive numbering system and the following Pokemon added: Ditto, Sylveon, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, Heatran, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus. (Ditto is required to obtain Phione, and the three Regis are required to obtain Regigigas.)

I made a spreadhseet showing what this new Pokedex could look like. Pokemon from the Platinum expansion are highlighted in blue, and my new additions are highlighted in red.

Is the Pokedex likely to get such a big overhall in a faithful remake? I don't know, but I think it's a possibility, especially if there's no National Dex.

Where's the spreadsheet?

Also, I don't think all those mythicals are going to be in the dex. Call me oldfashioned, but that's not how mythicals work. Ditto can be added in the postgame if anybody wants a Phione.

Bill the Typhlosion

Where's the spreadsheet?

Also, I don't think all those mythicals are going to be in the dex. Call me oldfashioned, but that's not how mythicals work. Ditto can be added in the postgame if anybody wants a Phione.

I turned the words "I made a spreadsheet" into a link. Apologies, I should have made that clearer! Here's the link again: Sinnoh Pokedex

My idea was that if there's no National Dex in the game, the Gen 4 Mythical Pokemon would need to be added to the Sinnoh Dex if they are to have readable dex entries. And if Phione is in the Sinnoh Dex, it would be odd not to include Ditto, one of the Pokemon you need to obtain Phione.

If there is a National Dex in the game (perhaps one that includes just the first 493 Pokemon?), then the Sinnoh Dex could stay as it is and Ditto could appear in the postgame instead, like you say.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I'm hoping for a revised Platinum Dex with a more intuitive numbering system and the following Pokemon added: Ditto, Sylveon, Heatran, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus. (Ditto is required to obtain Phione, and the three Regis are required to obtain Regigigas.)
I made a spreadsheet showing what this new Pokedex could look like. Pokemon from the Platinum expansion are highlighted in blue, and my new additions are highlighted in red.

Is such a big overhall likely in a faithful remake? I don't know, but I think it's a possibility, especially if there's no National Dex.
I would also include Regidrago and Regieleki since they’re now required to obtain Regigigas.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I would also include Regidrago and Regieleki since they’re now required to obtain Regigigas.
I actually disagree. I think Galar is the perfect region for Regidrago and Regieleki to be found for now because they were introduced as being forgotten members of the Regi group and that they were only recently rediscovered after years of living in obscurity. Them being in Sinnoh would basically defeat the purpose of them being relatively unknown among Pokémon scholars.

Bill the Typhlosion

I actually disagree. I think Galar is the perfect region for Regidrago and Regieleki to be found for now because they were introduced as being forgotten members of the Regi group and that they were only recently rediscovered after years of living in obscurity. Them being in Sinnoh would basically defeat the purpose of them being relatively unknown among Pokémon scholars.

There's also the fact that requiring only Regirock, Regice and Registeel in Snowpoint Temple would be more faithful to the original games - something ILCA seems to be striving for.

It would be nice if Regieleki and Regidrago could be transferred into these games, though, even if they don't have dex entries or serve any particular purpose.

ShadowForce720

There's literally no Arceus in that statue.

Head: Dialga
Crest: Dialga
Shoulders: Palkia
"Arms": Dialga
"Legs": Palkia
Wings: Palkia
Backcrest: Dialga
Tail: Definitely not Arceus.

That statue has always been a mix-up of both Dialga and Palkia. I mean just look at the image in this tweet:
Then look at this screencapture from the manga: Which is the exact thing they've recreated.

I normally never cared for Heatran - or genuinely the postgame island in general. It's generally out of spite that even the Sinnoh Battle Frontier got skipped by the animé, but also that the Sinnoh Battle Frontier is also a letdown compared to the awesomeness of the diversity of the Emerald Battle Frontier. Getting up to Stark Mountain feels like such a chore. Getting more on Heatran (maybe hints during the main game) could remedy that.

Where's the spreadsheet?

No, actually for the most part that is how mythicals work. Sure the mythical Pokémon of a given region/generation aren’t required to complete the regional dex and get the charm but they have always got Dex entries in the regional Dex.

The only time where they weren’t in the regional Dex at all was in Sinnoh but Sinnoh was a weird case where a lot of the Sinnoh Pokémon were left out of the initial regional Dex.

Sure if we’re talking about non gen 4 mythical Pokémon being in the DP remakes they might not get Dex entries, but it’s pretty much safe to say that they are going to go out of their way to give every single gen 4 Pokémon(including the mythicals) a Dex entry in the DP remakes just like they did with the respective Pokémon in the previous remakes.

Orphalesion

I hope they at least add fire types. If I'm getting these games I plan on picking Torterra as my starter, and I don't want to have to use Magmortar (ugly, trade evolution) or Kantonian Rapidash on my team.
Houndoom would be cool though.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I hope they at least add fire types. If I'm getting these games I plan on picking Torterra as my starter, and I don't want to have to use Magmortar (ugly, trade evolution) or Kantonian Rapidash on my team.
Houndoom would be cool though.
Houndoom was added in the Platinum dex. I expect these games to at least have the Platinum dex, but I expect a sizable increase in the dex size, putting it at about 300 Pokemon.

ShadowForce720

When it comes to the version exclusives for Brilliant Diamond and Shinning Pearl does anyone else here think they might just have to where you can get both of the Sinnoh fossils in both games without trading?

Or do you think the Sinnoh fossils will be version exclusives like how they were originally in Diamond and Pearl.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
When it comes to the version exclusives for Brilliant Diamond and Shinning Pearl does anyone else here think they might just have to where you can get both of the Sinnoh fossils in both games without trading?

Or do you think the Sinnoh fossils will be version exclusives like how they were originally in Diamond and Pearl.
Probably just the same as DP.

I do suspect that if they retain the Platinum Expansion, they might add the Elekid/Magby lines as a new version exclusive pair for this game but otherwise keep things the same in terms of version exclusives (aside from whatever they do for post game).

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

I think they'll still make you choose one or the other. That being said, you'll likely get the other one trading online with other people anyway. Even without the GTS, for instance, I got all of the Generation VIII starters in Sword and Shield in short order.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I’ve always thought that Heatran is the literal incarnation of Mt. Fuji. That’s what I think anyway. As for why it even has a gender, I don’t even know.

Luthor

One Pokemon I wonder about is Regigigas. In the sinnoh games previously you needed Regigrock, Registeel and Regice to unlock it. However since gen 8 released 2 new titans (Regieleki and Regidrago) I wonder if these 5 might be obtainable post-game making it so you need all 5 in your party to awaken Regigigas or if they will stick to only the original 3.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
One Pokemon I wonder about is Regigigas. In the sinnoh games previously you needed Regigrock, Registeel and Regice to unlock it. However since gen 8 released 2 new titans (Regieleki and Regidrago) I wonder if these 5 might be obtainable post-game making it so you need all 5 in your party to awaken Regigigas or if they will stick to only the original 3.
I think it will only be the original three as the new ones seem to be portrayed as lost Regi long forgotten and only rediscovered in Galar as Regigas grew too weak from creating the original three in various regions and was starting to create new ones when it had to quit. We know this because Regidrago is said to be incomplete which is rather odd considering the others have a full body which is also what Regieleki is missing.