• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh Dex 3.0 Speculation Thread

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I feel like Darkrai will be one of three Gen 4 Mythicals that will be available through normal gameplay. My reasoning is that Darkrai always felt like it was originally going to be a Legendary counterpart to Cresselia given the latter’s side quest involved the boy being trapped in a nightmare induced sleeping state and kept mumbling about Darkrai but Darkrai wasn’t quite ready and the game deadline was really close and so the developers just made it an event only Pokémon to buy themselves more time. The other two are Manaphy which I’m thinking will be given to us as an Egg during a post game side quest that is lengthy and Shaymin which I think will be used to develop Marley’s character even more as she and Mira are the two optional companions that travel with you temporarily in a certain area that had the least amount of time spent together and forming a bond. Shaymin being lost and Marley suggesting that you carry it to that White Rock would make sense and then you two walk down that long path of flowers and she has a conversation with you as you two take Shaymin home where it then wants to join you on your journey because it really likes you in the end.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
But we just don't know this.

In addition, we cannot use the development of a project from one developer to decide the fate of a project from a completely different developer. Junichi Masuda may be co-directing BDSP, but Game Freak still has no involvement and will not be impacted by it, nor vice versa.

Pokkén Tournament was perfectly capable of having DLC even though no Game Freak-led title at the time did. Why? Because a different developer was making those decisions. In fact, Game Freak working on Legends instead of BDSP should thus increase the chances of the remakes receiving DLC, given Game Freak doesn't have to deal with the time constraints of its development.

Ultimately, whether or not the remakes receive DLC depends on whether or not Masuda and Yuichi Ueda want DLC for the game, and if they so decide to go through with the expansion, Game Freak will have nothing to do with it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On that note, I doubt any possible DLC for BDSP will include additional pokemon. They seem really intent on keeping the games relatively faithful to the original titles. I think if anything, we'll get the Battle Frontier, and/or a Mythical-related expansion.
I wasn't trying to bring up Game Freak involvement, because they focused on Legends: Arceus. The reason we are doubting DLC is because of the "faithful" remakes claim brought up on the BD/SP website.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I wasn't trying to bring up Game Freak involvement, because they focused on Legends: Arceus. The reason we are doubting DLC is because of the "faithful" remakes claim brought up on the BD/SP website.

Pokémon Diamond & Pearl had a number of events that could be easily translated into a DLC expansion, and at today's caliber, it could be far bigger than before.

Also, as stated before, Platinum's Battle Frontier could also return as DLC. Given it is currently the most requested feature to return in the remakes, I don't see why ILCA wouldn't oblige.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl had a number of events that could be easily translated into a DLC expansion, and at today's caliber, it could be far bigger than before.

Also, as stated before, Platinum's Battle Frontier could also return as DLC. Given it is currently the most requested feature to return in the remakes, I don't see why ILCA wouldn't oblige.
Platinum's BF is less popular than Emerald's, which didn't come back in ORAS. Masuda, who directed ORAS, is directing BDSP too.

Orphalesion

I don't know, I don't really see them making DLC for BD/SP.
Though what I could see is them adding all those Sinnoh mythicals vthrough patches and such.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I can see maybe changing the fishing rod encounters have all the super rod only Pokémon available in the good rod encounters too.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Decided to look through both versions of the Sinnoh Pokédex and I'm hoping for a few changes.
  • Cranidos is exclusive to Diamond and Shieldon is exclusive to Pearl. I'm hoping that both will be available in either version, not one exclusive to a specific version. Maybe have it be determined by the Players Trainer ID number like in Platinum.
  • In DP the only way to get Manaphy was the special egg from Pokemon Ranger. Instead of relying on another game they'll probably just give it out by a timed distribution event.
  • Personally I feel the remakes need the expanded Pokedex for the sake of variety it offers. Looking at the numbers DP had 151 slots and Platinum had 210 slots in their respective Pokedexs. Adding those 59 extra Pokemon would allow more variety for players in their teams, battles, and strategy. Honestly if there's a Pokemon I wanna use I'll want it to be with me throughout the main story. Not for the post game where it has very few story battles to achieve.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I'm actually wondering how much will change. The new Fairy type means they should mix up the Pokedex a bit and add some newer Fairy types.

I got into a small debate with a friend about if there would be a national dex and the ability to transfer pokemon. Something tells me this won't be the case with this new game. I feel like it may be like Let's Go, in the sense that it's closed off from the other games, other than maybe transferring out.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm actually wondering how much will change. The new Fairy type means they should mix up the Pokedex a bit and add some newer Fairy types.

I got into a small debate with a friend about if there would be a national dex and the ability to transfer pokemon. Something tells me this won't be the case with this new game. I feel like it may be like Let's Go, in the sense that it's closed off from the other games, other than maybe transferring out.
I think that BDSP won't be a closed off game due to it having the traditional Pokemon gameplay.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I think that BDSP won't be a closed off game due to it having the traditional Pokemon gameplay.
I would think that normally. But the fact that it's made by an outside developer makes me think it won't. I hope it does though. I have a great idea for a team and SwSh are missing members lol.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I would think that normally. But the fact that it's made by an outside developer makes me think it won't. I hope it does though. I have a great idea for a team and SwSh are missing members lol.
The reason why LGPE is closed off is due to its wildly different gameplay and mechanics. When LGPE Pokemon are moved out into Bank they are completely changed to match the traditional Pokemon mechanics, and this process cannot be undone, which is why they can't be put back into LGPE. Since BDSP is using the traditional mechanics there is no reason for it to be closed off. Legends Arceus might actually be the closed off one because it's also going to be wildly different in terms of its gameplay like LGPE is, albeit in a different way.

Luthor

I feel like Darkrai will be one of three Gen 4 Mythicals that will be available through normal gameplay. My reasoning is that Darkrai always felt like it was originally going to be a Legendary counterpart to Cresselia given the latter’s side quest involved the boy being trapped in a nightmare induced sleeping state and kept mumbling about Darkrai but Darkrai wasn’t quite ready and the game deadline was really close and so the developers just made it an event only Pokémon to buy themselves more time. The other two are Manaphy which I’m thinking will be given to us as an Egg during a post game side quest that is lengthy and Shaymin which I think will be used to develop Marley’s character even more as she and Mira are the two optional companions that travel with you temporarily in a certain area that had the least amount of time spent together and forming a bond. Shaymin being lost and Marley suggesting that you carry it to that White Rock would make sense and then you two walk down that long path of flowers and she has a conversation with you as you two take Shaymin home where it then wants to join you on your journey because it really likes you in the end.

I hope you are correct on this. I'd like to see those mythicals in-game. Darkrai in particular I'd love to see as its got a great design and despite me thinking they overdid the nerf to dark void its still a lot of fun.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I think at the very least we'll have 217: the 210 from the Platinum Dex and the 7 Sinnoh pokemon not found in the Platinum dex.

I still feel it would be a good idea to include all 493 pokemon that existed up to that point, even if the majority are only transferable. 326 of those pokemon already appear in Sword & Shield, and of the 167 that don't, at least 50 of them are in the Platinum pokedex. That leaves only 117 models to be made, all of which ILCA already has.

It would be an incredibly missed opportunity not to include all 493, but I think for now it should be safely left at 217.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think at the very least we'll have 217: the 210 from the Platinum Dex and the 7 Sinnoh pokemon not found in the Platinum dex.

I still feel it would be a good idea to include all 493 pokemon that existed up to that point, even if the majority are only transferable. 326 of those pokemon already appear in Sword & Shield, and of the 167 that don't, at least 50 of them are in the Platinum pokedex. That leaves only 117 models to be made, all of which ILCA already has.

It would be an incredibly missed opportunity not to include all 493, but I think for now it should be safely left at 217.
I think that it will indeed have all 493, as otherwise it would have less available Pokemon than DP itself, and I don't expect them to do that unless they chop out the Battle Zone entirely, which I doubt.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I think that it will indeed have all 493, as otherwise it would have less available Pokemon than DP itself, and I don't expect them to do that unless they chop out the Battle Zone entirely, which I doubt.
The Battle Zone does not guarantee that all 493 Pokémon that were introduced by the original games would be included. I would suspect that the Platinum version of the Pokédex would be used as the base and then be expanded upon with regional variants and cross-gen evolutions. I would also suspect that many generation 8 Pokémon would be included as well since that’s the current iteration of Pokémon. Then maybe sprinkle in some Pokémon originally available in those games such as Pidgey and Rattata.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The Battle Zone does not guarantee that all 493 Pokémon that were introduced by the original games would be included. I would suspect that the Platinum version of the Pokédex would be used as the base and then be expanded upon with regional variants and cross-gen evolutions. I would also suspect that many generation 8 Pokémon would be included as well since that’s the current iteration of Pokémon. Then maybe sprinkle in some Pokémon originally available in those games such as Pidgey and Rattata.
Well, a lot of them are there, and I expect the inclusion of all Gen 1-4 Pokemon and nothing introduced afterwards, save for maybe Sylveon, but IDK.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think that the regional variation of Pokémon found in Sinnoh will be available through in-game trades with Alola Raichu taking place of the foreign Magikarp trade as the feature it unlocked in DPPt is now included in the Pokédex from the start. And these are the other post Sinnoh Pokémon I think will be part of BDSP’s Dex which will be based on the one in Pt and the reasons why:

Darumaka line (Both variants)- Unovan to increase Fire types in Sinnoh and Galarian for Ice. Unovan found on the first few floors of Mt Coronet with a chance of finding Zen Mode Darmanitan and as you get to the summit outside, Galarian is found.

Litwick line- Adds more Fire and Ghost types

Tynamo line- Sinnoh is somewhat lacking in Electric types

Mimikyu- Adds more Fairy to the Dex and it can continue to be Pikachu’s main rival and have overworld encounters where it fools players into thinking they’ve found a wild Pikachu.

Kalos starters- Basically a call back to Gen VI where another region’s set of starters were given to the player and part of the Dex. The Kalos starters get GMax forms with Greninja getting something similar to Ash-Greninja.

Cosmog evolutionary line- Another Pokémon targeted by Team Galatic where Cosmog is used again to try to create a portal to summon the Box Art Legendary. Cosmog is a cosmic inspired Pokémon so it makes sense that a space themed evil team would want to exploit its powers and have the ultimate outer space Pokémon in their control.

Larvesta line- Adds more Bug and Fire

Cutiefly line- More Bug And Fairy representation

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

If they're going to do all of that, they might as well just go with the 493.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Well, a lot of them are there, and I expect the inclusion of all Gen 1-4 Pokemon and nothing introduced afterwards, save for maybe Sylveon, but IDK.

If that were the case I would also expect the regional evolutions of Pokémon too (i.e. Mr. Rime)

If they're going to do all of that, they might as well just go with the 493.

I agree that should be the case but with how they decided that not all Pokémon will be in each game I wouldn’t expect all 493 for the game. But agreed, since most are rendered for Sword/Shield it wouldn’t take an unnecessary amount of effort to put in the entire 898.

Bill the Typhlosion

My prediction is that all 493 Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl will be in the game, but the ones which can't be caught in Sinnoh will lack Pokedex entries. So you'll be able to transfer in the likes of Bulbasaur, Lugia and Jirachi if you want to, but they won't be required to complete the Pokedex and get the Shiny Charm.