• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh Dex 3.0 Speculation Thread

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
Didn’t DP also have the PokeRadar? I wonder if we will get those Pokemon. I know post-game they had other Pokemon available too in that one island area in the Northeastern part of the map (the name escapes me.) Also, I hope swarms return too.

Now, DP had that feature where if you insert a RSEFRLG cart into the GBA slot in the DS, you’ll encounter certain wild Pokemon not included in the DP dex. I wonder if those Pokemon will be included as well.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm expecting the Platinum dex, as I'm pretty sure everybody has agreed to the DP-dex to be an enormous mess that is the one thing (not engine related) that should be left in the past.

Would've loved to go through Sinnoh-remake with a Rowlet as a starter though.. Grass vs. Roark, Wake. Flying vs. Gardenia, Maylene. Ghost vs. Fantina and as an unresisted typing vs. Byron. Somehow it just fits in Sinnoh in my eyes.

The real question is: Will pokemon not available in SwSh like Burmy be tradeable with SwSh (If BDSP can trade with SwSh)?

Luthor

There are some Pokemon I think will be included into the game for practical reasons. For example I could see Sylveon being included as its the only eeveelution not included. Mr Rime I could also see included as Mr Mime is in the Sinnoh dex and I think they will allow the regional variants and their evolutions in-game so this makes that easier (plus it can be an in-game trade similar to the Unova Yamask you can get in Galar and evolve to Cofagrigus).

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The real question is: Will pokemon not available in SwSh like Burmy be tradeable with SwSh (If BDSP can trade with SwSh)?

I doubt it. Maybe if the artstyle was the same I could see it, but with the Chibi art style, they would have to recreate each model in the SwSh artstyle. My guess is that you can transfer them to Home, and then if they're in SwSh you can transfer them from there, but they won't be directly compatible.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I doubt it. Maybe if the artstyle was the same I could see it, but with the Chibi art style, they would have to recreate each model in the SwSh artstyle. My guess is that you can transfer them to Home, and then if they're in SwSh you can transfer them from there, but they won't be directly compatible.
I would disagree. The trailer showed that battles used the same sprites as Sword and Shield. At least the Shinx shown used the same sprite. Purely speculative but I would guess that the two games would have a separate database of Pokémon transferable between both games. I could be wrong and Sword and Shielf receive a patch allowing for everything reintroduced in the remakes. But the difference in art styles would have no bearing on Pokémon available.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Hopefully the games will use the expanded Dex from Platinum, DP are infamous for having a lack Fire-types for the player to use before the credits (just Ponyta if you did not pick Chimchar). If we are including post Gen 4 evolutions/form only one that seem realistic getting added is Sylveon (Mr Rime is a bit debatable as a way has to be added to obtain a Galarian Mr Mime in-game).

Luthor

Hopefully the games will use the expanded Dex from Platinum, DP are infamous for having a lack Fire-types for the player to use before the credits (just Ponyta if you did not pick Chimchar). If we are including post Gen 4 evolutions/form only one that seem realistic getting added is Sylveon (Mr Rime is a bit debatable as a way has to be added to obtain a Galarian Mr Mime in-game).

My guess with that one is they could easily just include an in-game trade similar to the way you obtain a Unovan Yamask in Galar (and by extension Cofagrigus). As Pokemon home is already up and running I do think at some point you'll be able to trade in the regional variants (like you can in sword and shield) for the Pokemon in dex so it seems plausible to me they might consider adding it in.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Keeping the remakes "faithful" would also mean that the encounters in Route 225-230 are also the same and these contained Pokemon from the national dex so I expect at least the first 493 Pokemon in them.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
What's the list of Pokemon that are not available in SWSH and the DLC that are available in DP's dex/postgame?

Pretty much all of the non-starter, non-legendary Pokemon from 1st-3rd were available in DPPt's post game in some capacity. It's just that many of them were available through post game encounter types such as Swarms, Pokeradar, Dongle, the Super Rod, the Trophy Garden, and the Great Marsh. That does make things a bit tricky if they want to limit the roster to save development time and have some of them available in LA. As far as which ones are just encountered normally, here are the list of Sinnoh Dex Pokemon and Pokemon that are available through normal encountes post game (besides naturally, all 4th gen Pokemon):

Geodude/Graveler/Golem
Aipom/Ambipom
Yanma/Yanmega (Platinum only)
Murkrow/Honchkrow
Misdreavus/Mismagius
Unown
Girafarig
Gligar/Gliscor (Platinum only)
Houndour/Houndoom (Platinum only)
Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautfily/Cascoon/Dustox
Nosepass/Probopass (Platinum only)
Meditite/Medicham
Tropius (Platinum only)
Chingling/Chimecho

Rattata/Raticate
Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot (Platinum only)
Spearow/Fearow
Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel
Seel/Dewgong
Ledyba/Ledian
Spinarak/Ariados
Slugma/Magcargo
Surskit/Masquerain (Platinum only)
Volbeat/Illumise
Numel/Camerupt
Spinda
Cacnea/Cacturne
Shuppet/Banette

Pokemon Power

What's the list of Pokemon that are not available in SWSH and the DLC that are available in DP's dex/postgame?
That would be the evolutionary families of the Sinnoh starters, Starly, Bidoof, Kricketot, Geodude, Cranidos, Shieldon, Burmy, Wurmple, Pachirisu, Buizel, Aipom, Misdreavus, Murkrow, Glameow, Chimecho, Meditite, Chatot, Unown, Girafarig, Carnivine, Finneon, Manaphy, and if you include the additions in Platinum, Gligar, Nosepass, Houndour, Yanma and Tropius. I know some of them don't evolve, but I gotta count them. Postgame also has the families of Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Paras, Venonat, Mankey, Bellsprout, Doduo, Seel, Grimer, Drowzee, Voltorb, Sentret, Ledyba, Spinarak, Mareep, Hoppip, Sunkern, Snubbull, Phanpy, Stantler, Smeargle, Poochyena, Surskit, Shroomish, Slakoth, Makuhita, Skitty, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Gulpin, Numel, Spoink, Spinda, Cacnea, Castform, Kecleon, Shuppet, Clamperl, Luvdisc, and through dual-slot functionality, Ekans, Pineco, Teddiursa, Zangoose, and Seviper. Pretty much all unavailable Gen. 1 through 4 Pokemon except for the Johto starters, though Cyndaquil will be a starter in Legends.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Porygon line was not in DP's Sinnoh Pokedex. It looks like BD/SP has Platinum's Sinnoh Dex, at least.
That could be a misdirect just to show that the National Dex content is still available... then again, Houndour/Houndoom are not in Sword and Shield.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Given what we know—which isn’t a whole lot yet—I would guess that the remakes would use the Sinnoh Dex of Platinum as it’s base and build from there. Since Sylveon was introduced after the games I would suspect that it would be added. And since Mr. Mime is in the Dex I would also guess Mr. Rime would be added too just like Persian is in the Galar Dex despite not being native to there. And then I hope they plan on introducing some extra fire types since Chimchar, Ponyta, Houndour, Flareon and Magby would be our only options otherwise.

Kangaflora

I predict that the Sinnoh Pokédex will be more sensible this time round by including all 107 Pokémon from Generation IV plus the 110 Pokémon that were in the Platinum Dex. If done correctly, the Sinnoh Dex numbers for Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus will be 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216 and 217 respectively. From what I just said, I predict that Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus will be included this time round. But saying that, they might increase that elusive 210 number from the Platinum Version, because HeartGold and SoulSilver increased the Johto Pokédex by 5, OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire increased the Hoenn Pokédex by 9, and if I follow the pattern correctly, they'll increase the Sinnoh Dex from 210 to 223. Who knows? We may even get new forms for Obstagoon, Perrserker, Mr. Rime, Cursola, Sirfetch'd and Runerigus respectively; evolving from the regular forms of Linoone, Meowth, Mr. Mime, Corsola, Farfetch'd and Yamask respectively using a new Evolution-inducing Item.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Going with the idea of mega evolutions being possible, remember that most Mega Evolved Pokemon are from the first 4 gens, with Audino and Diancie as exceptions. The point I'm trying to make is that if at least the first 493 Pokemon make it, then installing most of the mega evolutions wouldn't be hard, and they could potentially add some more Pokemon in the game as well.

NeoDude-5000

I predict that the Sinnoh Pokédex will be more sensible this time round by including all 107 Pokémon from Generation IV plus the 110 Pokémon that were in the Platinum Dex. If done correctly, the Sinnoh Dex numbers for Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus will be 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216 and 217 respectively. From what I just said, I predict that Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus will be included this time round. But saying that, they might increase that elusive 210 number from the Platinum Version, because HeartGold and SoulSilver increased the Johto Pokédex by 5, OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire increased the Hoenn Pokédex by 9, and if I follow the pattern correctly, they'll increase the Sinnoh Dex from 210 to 223. Who knows? We may even get new forms for Obstagoon, Perrserker, Mr. Rime, Cursola, Sirfetch'd and Runerigus respectively; evolving from the regular forms of Linoone, Meowth, Mr. Mime, Corsola, Farfetch'd and Yamask respectively using a new Evolution-inducing Item.
I think the number will rise to 250 or 300. 250 however seems reasonable enough. It is 100 higher than the Diamond and Pearl Sinnoh Dex after all (not counting Manaphy of course) plus we get 40 additional Pokemon than the Platinum Dex including new evolutions (looking at you Sylveon and Mr. Rime) and some extra Pokemon from the first 4 gens. Also I wonder if they will rearrange the order if they do change the PokeDex?