• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh Dex 3.0 Speculation Thread

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
New additions I’m predicting are Sylveon, Inkay line, Litwick and Darumaka lines (mostly to increase Fire type options), Alolan Raichu, Galarian Ponyta, Alolan Geodude line, Rolycoly line, Torkoal, Durant And Heatmor, Fletchling line, Ditto, and Mimikyu.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
I wouldn't get my hopes up on formes being included.

Sylveon seems safe, Melmetal makes some form of sense, but outside of that I can't really see them adding in stuff that wasn't in the game prior. I have no doubt however that the encounter lists will be expanded. Probably more things in the middle routes (most routes from after gardenia to the snow routes are in dire need of diversity)

Captain Jigglypuff

When I said regional forms I didn’t mean we necessarily can catch them in the Wild in Sinnoh or get them through evolution. I meant as an unlockable feature similar to the foreign language Pokédex entries were except we get it from Samson Oak. The only forms found in the Wild I’m expecting to become part of the main Sinnoh Dex is Rotom because that makes the most sense.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
I'm expecting the Platinum dex, as I'm pretty sure everybody has agreed to the DP-dex to be an enormous mess that is the one thing (not engine related) that should be left in the past.
That's what we want but seeing as Junichi Masuda is returning to direct and he wasn't involved with Pokémon Platinum, I'm genuinely concerned.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that the Regional Dex will be Platinum's with the addition of all the Sinnoh Legendaries not in the Platinum dex, all the Regis, all the formerly dual-slot obtainable Pokemon, Sylveon, Mr. Rime, and Ditto because it's needed in order to get Phione.

Captain Jigglypuff

I think a few post Gen IV Pokémon will be in an updated Sinnoh Dex with a focus on the Fire and Ghost typing plus a couple Ghost, Fairy, And Dark Pokemon just to add more variety. The Litwick and Darumaka lines seem to be the best choices at new Fire types

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think a few post Gen IV Pokémon will be in an updated Sinnoh Dex with a focus on the Fire and Ghost typing plus a couple Ghost, Fairy, And Dark Pokemon just to add more variety. The Litwick and Darumaka lines seem to be the best choices at new Fire types
I think that the only post-Gen IV Pokemon being added are Sylveon, Mr. Rime, Regieleki, and Regidrago.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
That's what we want but seeing as Junichi Masuda is returning to direct and he wasn't involved with Pokémon Platinum, I'm genuinely concerned.

I can understand that, but I'm pretty sure we never had such a disastrous Pokédex since DP. Yes, maybe Gen6 and Gen7 fell short in terms of type diversity of the new Pokemon (XY had 1 Bug-type and 1 Poison-type family) - but those dexes made up for that. So that's why I'm pretty sure they learned from their mistakes.

I think that the Regional Dex will be Platinum's with the addition of all the Sinnoh Legendaries not in the Platinum dex, all the Regis, all the formerly dual-slot obtainable Pokemon, Sylveon, Mr. Rime, and Ditto because it's needed in order to get Phione.

Why should MrRime be in Sinnoh when there's zero reason for Galarian Mr.Mime to be found in Sinnoh?!?

Which Sinnoh Legendaries were not in the Sinnoh Regional Dex?!? Do you mean the mythicals?

Dual slot-pokemon: sure.
Sylveon: sure.
Ditto: no doubt.
MrRime: not likely.

Litwick could be fun in the Eterna Forest Mansion. But where would you put a flaming doll monkey/gorilla?

I could see Heatmor in the Great Marsh, Fletchinder on the cliff-route up to Celestic Town. Salandit, Turtonator and Volcarona at Mt.Stark. But in fairness, I don't see them adding that many Fire-types.. if any at all.

If they have Platinum's Dex, we have at least Infernape, Rapidash, Flareon, Houndoom, Magmortar and Rotom-heat.

In terms of Fairy-types, you've got a plethora of options: Togekiss, Sylveon, Azumarill, Mr.Mime, Gardevoir, Clefable and potentially Mega Altaria.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I can understand that, but I'm pretty sure we never had such a disastrous Pokédex since DP. Yes, maybe Gen6 and Gen7 fell short in terms of type diversity of the new Pokemon (XY had 1 Bug-type and 1 Poison-type family) - but those dexes made up for that. So that's why I'm pretty sure they learned from their mistakes.

Why should MrRime be in Sinnoh when there's zero reason for Galarian Mr.Mime to be found in Sinnoh?!?

Which Sinnoh Legendaries were not in the Sinnoh Regional Dex?!? Do you mean the mythicals?

Dual slot-pokemon: sure.
Sylveon: sure.
Ditto: no doubt.
MrRime: not likely.

Litwick could be fun in the Eterna Forest Mansion. But where would you put a flaming doll monkey/gorilla?

I could see Heatmor in the Great Marsh, Fletchinder on the cliff-route up to Celestic Town. Salandit, Turtonator and Volcarona at Mt.Stark.
In LGPE you can get the Alola Forms through in game trades, and in the same way you can get the original forms of some Pokemon that have Galarian Forms in Sword and Shield, thus allowing you to have Persian and Cofagrigus registered in your Pokedex without having to transfer them from older titles. I bet you could get Galarian Mr. Mime (and thus Mr. Rime) through a similar method here. Also, seven Legendaries actually were absent from the Sinnoh Pokedex in Platinum, those being Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. Although Arceus itself might be absent because of Legends Arceus.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

I could see Heatmor in the Great Marsh, Fletchinder on the cliff-route up to Celestic Town. Salandit, Turtonator and Volcarona at Mt.Stark.

The problem with Stark Mountain is it's post game, and a lot of the issues with the lack of Fire types are in the main game. Stark Mountain provides plenty more in the post game (Camerupt, Magcargo, Torkoal), but there's very little to play around with before the League. And unfortunately, I think there's very little chance of fixing it. It's a faithful remake, so I doubt they'll add stuff to the main game that wasn't there before, and even if there was, there's not a lot of options. Sinnoh doesn't really have any volcanic or desert areas in the main game that would be suitable for more Fire types, so they're pretty handcuffed as to where they could add more. It's not impossible, but it's very difficult to figure out where and unlikely to happen.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
In LGPE you can get the Alola Forms through in game trades, and in the same way you can get the original forms of some Pokemon that have Galarian Forms in Sword and Shield, thus allowing you to have Persian and Cofagrigus registered in your Pokedex without having to transfer them from older titles. I bet you could get Galarian Mr. Mime (and thus Mr. Rime) through a similar method here. Also, seven Legendaries actually were absent from the Sinnoh Pokedex in Platinum, those being Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. Although Arceus itself might be absent because of Legends Arceus.

That could happen, but I don't think it likely to be honest.

They may not be in the PlatDex, but you could still catch Heatran, Regigigas and Cresselia in Platinum. The rest are mythicals and shouldn't be catchable without an event.

I was think Darumaka could work as a base level Mt Cornet Pokemon. It would seem like a place it could live.

Yeah, that could be it. Mt.Coronet is also a Psychic-type hub (Meditite, Bronzor, Chingling). So its ZenMode could even work.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That could happen, but I don't think it likely to be honest.

They may not be in the PlatDex, but you could still catch Heatran, Regigigas and Cresselia in Platinum. The rest are mythicals and shouldn't be catchable without an event.

Yeah, that could be it. Mt.Coronet is also a Psychic-type hub (Meditite, Bronzor, Chingling). So its ZenMode could even work.
But still, Mythicals usually are in the Regional Dex.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Persian is in the Galar Pokédex despite not being native or available. Precedents have been established and so it’s not out of the realm of possibilities that Mr. Rime could be added to the Sinnoh Pokédex.
Define "available". Because you can trade for a Kantonian Meowth in game and obtain Persian that way.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
With the addition of Fairy types people will definitely have more options on their teams. Looking over the Platinum Pokedex here's the list of Fairy types that will most likely be In the game:
  • Mr. Mime
  • Cleffable
  • Azumarill
  • Gardevoir
  • Togekiss
I've got a feeling they'd add Sylveon since it's part of the Eevee family.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Define "available". Because you can trade for a Kantonian Meowth in game and obtain Persian that way.
Meaning not being able to be caught. All the regional forms can be traded for in Sword and Shield if they are in one of the 3 dexes but are not available in the wild.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Persian is in the Galar Pokédex despite not being native or available. Precedents have been established and so it’s not out of the realm of possibilities that Mr. Rime could be added to the Sinnoh Pokédex.
Galarian Meowth and Yamask were branched evolutions but Galarian Mr. Mime is not. There's no reason to add Mr. Rime to the Sinnoh Pokédex.

In HeartGold and SoulSilver, the Pokémon that were added to the Johto Pokédex were the ones that evolved via moves. The Kanto and Johto Pokémon that evolved with an item were not in the updated Johto Pokédex.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Galarian Meowth and Yamask were branched evolutions but Galarian Mr. Mime is not. There's no reason to add Mr. Rime to the Sinnoh Pokédex.

In HeartGold and SoulSilver, the Pokémon that were added to the Johto Pokédex were the ones that evolved via moves. The Kanto and Johto Pokémon that evolved with an item were not in the updated Johto Pokédex.
However, all cross-gen evolutions were added to the Hoenn Pokedex in ORAS.