• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh Dex 3.0 Speculation Thread

Luthor

If the Pokedex does get expanded beyond the Platinum Dex, two areas I'd like to see more variety is the Old Chateau and the Lost tower. These would be good places to have more ghost types if they are added as I think they have always felt very limited in options which was understandable at the time but if the Pokedex was expanded that for me would be a great time to improve these areas. (as I do like the slightly creepier areas like this)

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
My prediction is that all 493 Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl will be in the game, but the ones which can't be caught in Sinnoh will lack Pokedex entries. So you'll be able to transfer in the likes of Bulbasaur, Lugia and Jirachi if you want to, but they won't be required to complete the Pokedex and get the Shiny Charm.

That actually makes sense. Saves time on development.

Sun and Moon was the same way, so I see no reason for them not to do it that way again.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Somehow I can see Munna and Musharna being in the Sinnoh Dex along with Darkrai and Cresselia.

Darkrai and Musharna both represent nightmares and bad dreams while Cresselia represents good dreams.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So I just remembered there were 8 pokemon in Diamond & Pearl Dex that were removed in the Platinum Dex.

If we are to safely assume all 107 Sinnoh pokemon will be in the game, along with the confirmation that the entire Platinum Dex will be in as well, that would bring the minimum total up to 225.

Luthor

So I just remembered there were 8 pokemon in Diamond & Pearl Dex that were removed in the Platinum Dex.

If we are to safely assume all 107 Sinnoh pokemon will be in the game, along with the confirmation that the entire Platinum Dex will be in as well, that would bring the minimum total up to 225.

Which pokemon were those in Diamond & Pearl Dex that were removed in the Platinum Dex? I don't remember those

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

While the Misdreavus, Murkrow, Glameow, and Stunky lines were unobtainable in Platinum, they weren't completely removed from the Dex. They just required transfer from DP.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
While the Misdreavus, Murkrow, Glameow, and Stunky lines were unobtainable in Platinum, they weren't completely removed from the Dex. They just required transfer from DP.

I'm referring solely to the game's regional dex, not the National Dex.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
If that were the case I would also expect the regional evolutions of Pokémon too (i.e. Mr. Rime)

I agree that should be the case but with how they decided that not all Pokémon will be in each game I wouldn’t expect all 493 for the game. But agreed, since most are rendered for Sword/Shield it wouldn’t take an unnecessary amount of effort to put in the entire 898.
ILCA (who are developing the game) developed Pokemon Home, and people have said that the models shown in the trailer are those rendered for Home. If that's the case, then they have the model for every single existing Pokemon (and form) ready to go. So this only adds to your point about it being theoretically not a huge effort to put all (or at least more) Pokemon into the game. I'd love to believe this meant we're getting at least some expansion beyond the regional dex/493, but I dare not dream it to be true.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
ILCA (who are developing the game) developed Pokemon Home, and people have said that the models shown in the trailer are those rendered for Home. If that's the case, then they have the model for every single existing Pokemon (and form) ready to go. So this only adds to your point about it being theoretically not a huge effort to put all (or at least more) Pokemon into the game. I'd love to believe this meant we're getting at least some expansion beyond the regional dex/493, but I dare not dream it to be true.
What are you so worried about with that? After the large amount of pokemon left out in Gen 8, being able to get all 1000 pokemon in a remake in one of the best is a good way to make up for the Dexit fiasco. Even if it seems overwhelming.

That actually makes sense. Saves time on development.

Sun and Moon was the same way, so I see no reason for them not to do it that way again.
I can live with lack of entries too. But being able to use modern pokemon you've gotten used to after the Sinnoh games are so old.... seems like a great experience for building teams and overcoming limitations/shortages.

Last edited:

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Do you think the pokemon that would show up if you have a game inserted in the GBA slot will be included? For example Sandshrew if you have leaf green in the GBA slot would show up as a wild pokemon in a cave. If I remember correctly.

Vini310

Maybe they will pick the Medabots route and shuffle the Dex in a drastic manner.
What I mean by that is:
There are 151 Medabots in Medarot 2 (including the 60 from Medarot 1).
Its remake, Medarot 2 Core/Medabots, has 120 Medabots, with 10 Medabots from M2 and 21 from M1 NOT returning.

In BDSP's case, it means, for example:
- BDSP's Dex has 310 Pokémon, however, with the exception of the alternative forms of Giratina, Shaymin and Rotom, no Pokémon from Platinum's Dex return, instead being replaced with Pokémon from Gens V-VIII.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Do you think the pokemon that would show up if you have a game inserted in the GBA slot will be included? For example Sandshrew if you have leaf green in the GBA slot would show up as a wild pokemon in a cave. If I remember correctly.
I do, and I expect them to simply be turned into normal wild encounters, with the ones from Sapphire and Leaf Green being exclusive to Brilliant Diamond, the ones from Ruby and Fire Red being exclusive to Shining Pearl, and the ones from Emerald being available in both games.

Pokemon Power

I do, and I expect them to simply be turned into normal wild encounters, with the ones from Sapphire and Leaf Green being exclusive to Brilliant Diamond, the ones from Ruby and Fire Red being exclusive to Shining Pearl, and the ones from Emerald being available in both games.
That would be good.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Oh I hope that's the case! I really want to get Sandslash. I've had one in every game since Red and Blue

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Maybe they will pick the Medabots route and shuffle the Dex in a drastic manner.
What I mean by that is:
There are 151 Medabots in Medarot 2 (including the 60 from Medarot 1).
Its remake, Medarot 2 Core/Medabots, has 120 Medabots, with 10 Medabots from M2 and 21 from M1 NOT returning.

In BDSP's case, it means, for example:
- BDSP's Dex has 310 Pokémon, however, with the exception of the alternative forms of Giratina, Shaymin and Rotom, no Pokémon from Platinum's Dex return, instead being replaced with Pokémon from Gens V-VIII.

I don't see that happening, and in fact the appearance of Porygon-Z implies this is wrong (if they're showing Porygon-Z off in the reveal trailer, it's probably in the Sinnoh Dex as they typically don't show off post game Pokemon this early). And even without Porygon-Z, it seems unlikely that they would include random Pokemon from later gens period (seeing as this is a faithful remake and they've NEVER done so in the past seemingly to preserve the nostalgia), much less over Platinum Dex additions that are more closely related to the original games.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I am curious how Chatot and it's signature move, Chatter, will be handled since it was controversial and banned due to its "gimmick". It is possible they will not include it in the dex at all to avoid such issue. That would piss me off.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I am curious how Chatot and it's signature move, Chatter, will be handled since it was controversial and banned due to its "gimmick". It is possible they will not include it in the dex at all to avoid such issue. That would piss me off.
From Gen 6 onwards the ability to record sounds with Chatter was removed and it always confuses the target. The Switch and its controllers I think lack a microphone to use its Gen 4 “gimmick” anyway.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Chatot will be available. Porygon caused a far bigger incident and they've never shied away from it in the games, heck they used Porygon Z in the trailer.

Chatter does 65 damage, has 100 accuracy and a 100% chance to confuse. It's a great move. Chatot can also get Boomburst, but you'd have to transfer one with the move bred onto it in Gen6/7 through Home (since Chatot isn't legal to Sw/Sh).

Those two moves combined can make for a very annoying pokémon to deal with. I'd be annoyed as well if they remove such an underdog from the roster.