• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh Dex 3.0 Speculation Thread

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Lol wasn't almost everyone saying that this game would have the Platinum Dex? Turns out that it's the same old Diamond & Pearl Dex. And no the extra Pokemon don't count since they're not in the BDSP Sinnoh Dex.

Yeah, and it's completely inexcusable that they didn't. It would've taken them almost no effort to add in the Platinum Dex Pokemon (most of the effort would've gone into actually modeling them into the game, not programming the Dex entries, wild encounters, and trainer rosters). It's never been so blatant that they're just needlessly clinging to nostalgia for dear life to a ridiculous degree, I've never seen a game developer bring the bathwater back with the baby like Game Freak/TPC has here (and yes I know ILCA worked on this game and not Game Freak, but do you really think this was ILCA's decision? It was probably Masuda's or TPC's).

Kangaflora

From what I've seen so far, we have at least a good number of Pokémon available before unlocking the Kanto Dex. Kinda sucks we can't use any Generation V, VI, VII or VIII Pokémon though. WAS hoping to use Alolan Raichu too. But I suppose beggars can't be choosers can they.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
From what I've seen so far, we have at least a good number of Pokémon available before unlocking the Kanto Dex. Kinda sucks we can't use any Generation V, VI, VII or VIII Pokémon though. WAS hoping to use Alolan Raichu too. But I suppose beggars can't be choosers can they.

Define "good", because we really don't have much more than what was in DP. Certainly pales in comparison to the selection of newer games (as in... pretty much every regional dex since BW2 aside from LGPE). Hell, there's almost as many Pokemon in XY's regional dex as there are in this entire game.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The one Pokemon I wish was in the game, more than any other, was Sylveon as to complete the Eeveelution group. Other than that, I'm not too fussed, and while a Platinum Dex would have been great, we still it a heatlhy selection in the post game. Speaking of the Platinum Dex, are we required to complete the Pokedex for post game content in BDSP as like it was in DP and Pt?

Pokemon Power

I'm kinda hoping regional variants will be added in a patch when support for Pokemon Home becomes available.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The one Pokemon I wish was in the game, more than any other, was Sylveon as to complete the Eeveelution group. Other than that, I'm not too fussed, and while a Platinum Dex would have been great, we still it a heatlhy selection in the post game. Speaking of the Platinum Dex, are we required to complete the Pokedex for post game content in BDSP as like it was in DP and Pt?
You were never required to complete the Pokédex. You just need to see every Pokémon in the Sinnoh Dex, which is possible by simply playing through the game, to unlock the National Dex (which is still true for the remakes).

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
You were never required to complete the Pokédex. You just need to see every Pokémon in the Sinnoh Dex, which is possible by simply playing through the game, to unlock the National Dex (which is still true for the remakes).
That’s what I meant and thanks.