Well for ash vs paul i see the infernape vs electervire as a letdown. What was with them punching each other like some fighting anime. Not to mention the 3 wins infernape took and poison not present when he activated blaze.Well for Sinnoh you had Ash vs Paul. I don't think I need to say anymore.
Despite my constant hatred towards the Kalos league, it had its moments in Ash vs Sawyer and Ash vs Alain.
I feel like if the Unova league played out like this it would rival Hoenn, perhaps surpass it:
Rd1: vs CotD (1v1)
RD2: vs Cameron (2v2)
Rd3: vs Stephan, and Trip vs Bianca (3v3)
Rd4: vs Trip (6v6)
Rd5: vs Virgil (6v6) loss.
End with Top 4 finish
Well yes Infernape hogging the glory kinda sucked, but made sense in terms of plot (he needed to prove his worth vs Paul). Infernape vs Electivire was really well done. Yes there was that punching scene, but I think it was neat how there were voices over the scene. Ash purposely let Infernape get caught to activate blaze asap (a weird strategy but at least Ash is thinking). And then there is Type:Wild and the epic staredown to finish it off.Well for ash vs paul i see the infernape vs electervire as a letdown. What was with them punching each other like some fighting anime. Not to mention the 3 wins infernape took and poison not present when he activated blaze.
Oh and also how retarded ash was to let electervire catch his infernape to get shocked to a near-death state
Ok but what i want to know is what is so great about sinnoh and kalos. Not about BW since i see it everywhereThe BW League was awful for many reasons.
- Completely rushed. A 5 Episode League is a no. The saga revolves around this event.
- 4 Battles, only 1 of them was good.
- Ash vs Trip was yet again Trip beating down Ash over and over until a sudden realisation that a double move is the key to win? Why not do this all the time? The fight was a 1v1 and lasted 2 episodes. We had 3 left at this point. Ugh.
- As if 3 episodes left wasn't bad enough fight number 2 was cut for a filler which would have been fine had the League lasted longer and had more going on. Unfortunately it didn't.
- And so, here comes the worst of the bunch. Fight number 4 vs Cameron. Where the hell do i begin? The fight sucked. It consisted of back and forth attacks with no strategy. After Pignite had taken out Hydreigon and Ferrothorn, Samurott was sent out, this was the obvious point to switch but alas it didn't happen and he was taken out in seconds. Pikachu and Pignite were the only Pokemon to take out Camerons members. Cameron was stupid and completely unbelievable in the League, how does a trainer like him make it this far? 5 vs 5 is a full battle to him? WHAT HAPPENED HERE.
- The writers had Ash regress. While it is realistic that a trainer may regress at a League, they did it in the worst way possible losing to Cameron. It was a huge slap in the face by the writers.
Sinnoh: Well paced league with great battles all the way through (yes even tobias). Good characters/opponents. Nice sense of progression with Ash as he strategized and fought intensely. Also because we had reserves which was nice to see (granted reserves isn't necessary). I have no problems with the Sinnoh League.Ok but what i want to know is what is so great about sinnoh and kalos. Not about BW since i see it everywhere