• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh/Kalos League Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandermind

sinnoh : where ash dare to take a risk for being fast paced fight (proven by infernape which its taking almost every paul's pokemon)
kalos : when ash swears never to lose anymore, although this time hes lost (but great tho. pikachu shows its true power like a boss, greninja ez defeat bisharp , fast paced aerial battle )

thats what I got after gradually recovered for being salty thanks to eps 38

Translucent

Unova is bad for the reasons mentioned above.

Sinnoh is easily the most strategic league which is why a lot of people enjoyed it. ex) the only purpose paul used aggron and gastro was to scout what pokemon ash were going to use, and it worked since he knew ash's full team once those two fainted.

Kalos had a lot of hype cause ash-greninja was the 2nd best pokemon in the league behind alan's charizard and it also had nice animations with proper 6v6s.

Lunala

Banned
I don't think the Kalos league is as liked as the OP claims. All I usually hear about it is how rushed it was, or how much people hated the outcome of the Alain battle.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
Had Ash won that battle against Alain via giant Orange shuriken, Kalos would probably be labelled as the best league edging Sinnoh. Results do matter and as it stands now, Sinnoh > Kalos

MattySadler

Sinnoh: Well paced league with great battles all the way through (yes even tobias). Good characters/opponents. Nice sense of progression with Ash as he strategized and fought intensely. Also because we had reserves which was nice to see (granted reserves isn't necessary). I have no problems with the Sinnoh League.

Kalos: Excellent animation, incredible battles which are fully fleshed out, Ash's progression has furthered and ultimately it is a really fun and great 7 episode league with great opponents.

This for me as well.

OP seems annoyed at people criticising the Unova League, but I don't really see how he/ she can be as it is one of, if not the, worst ones.

SoundVoltex

I don't think the Kalos league is as liked as the OP claims. All I usually hear about it is how rushed it was, or how much people hated the outcome of the Alain battle.

It was rushed in the sense we only saw about 2 minutes and 10 seconds of Ash battling until the semi finals.

Kalos League was told in a different format, trying to build up the other characters rather than Ash. It was labeled as rushed because we didn't see any of Ash's battles until the semis, especially against a Mega-Absol that we were all hoping to see.

I think Sinnoh was more emotionally impactful with its music, pacing, and use of Pokemon, while Kalos presented superior animation and Ash's prowess and progression as a trainer.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Kalos League had superior animation, but by far worse plotting, pacing, and handling than Shinou's League had. Shinou's League's only flaw for me was that Onigohri and Kingler didn't battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.