• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh Map tiles project

kyledove

Rainbow Trainer
So a friend of mine requested to remake and map Sinnoh in 2D and I was trying but stopped for a while, and I stop and start now and then.

I figured it was pointless keeping them to myself as some of the public desperately ask for such tiles, and if I didnt release them, someone else would do it and render my work useless.

sinnohtiles.png

For an example of how they work for real, here's a Work in Progress image of Sinnoh so far.
It has a lot of placeholder tiles.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs28/f/2008/082/c/c/Sinnoh_world_WIP_by_Kymotonian.png

Oh and please dont ask me what tile goes where, or how to hack something, or to put them in a tileset. Sorry.

Last edited:

Douger

Veteran Spriter
If you don't make a tutorial, I'm going to scream. :)
Hey, dude, you're that good!
I actually thought you just ripped D/P tilesets when I first looked here.
Then I figured, "Hey, this is kyledove. He doesn't do that, he makes his own stuff."
They are scratch, custom, whatever right?
I'm busy working on the written portion for MY project right now.

But anyways, nice stuff. You never fail to amuse me.
Post in my thread sometime, I need some good crit.
Nice work, kyledove!

:D

duncan

^ What he said.

Seriously, fantastic sprites. And thank you so much for allowing us to use them, as well. I'll be sure to put them to some good use (and give credit, should I post anything). Thanks!

Tyran

Blast from the past
I saw it on DA and just.... Wow o_O
It's hard to give good C+C to perfected work.

How long did u work on it?

And GameFreak should use your tiles and work.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Oh... my... Arceus. I've wanted to use these tiles for so long. This is absolutely fantastic, quality work that could be seen in a real game.

Have to learn how to make OW maps properly now, kthxbai.

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
OMFG! Dude, you HAVE to make a tutorial...or i will fuffing kill myself. So, spare a life and make a tut *-* please

Anyway. you did a great job on the improtant jubalife buildings. I hope you continue with the church and the contest hall.

Last edited:

Lugia Tamer

< Is friggin awesome
I really hope you know how much you have contributed to the Spriting Community with this sheet ;)

The only thing I could critique is that the pokecenter looks a little too striped, for lack of a better word. I think something like a gradient would look better.

Everything else looks great. I think this is going to be the standard tilesheet for DP for quite a while.

kyledove

Rainbow Trainer
Yes I mainly did this for the Spriting community and the fangame making and hacking ones.

Work on Oreburg has begun thanks to an awesome friend of mine.
http://i31.*******.com/4g0phw.png

arcanine lover

Whee........ *thonk*
Oh. My. Fucking. God. Those are AWESOME!!! xD I love what you did with the colours! All those earthy tones! *drools* And I LOVE Oreburg. Keep going! |3

EvilPikachu79

Congrats! You Fail!
Sorry to tell you but Spriters Resource just started to make the DP map sprites...

arcanine lover

Whee........ *thonk*
Who cares? THESE ARE FREAKING SCRATCHES!!! Plus, they're better than the original DP tiles.

Jade

Myuu...
This is awesome Kyle and hope this will be completed :D

Papa. L

Scratcher!!!
OMG that's amazing! Please PM me when you're done! I have this EliteMap and I really wanna hack a Sinnoh based game for GBA.