• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh or Johto?

Do you prefer the Sinnoh Region or the Johto Region?

• Total voters

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
Sinnoh. I like exploring its diverse areas (marsh, tundra, volcanoes etc.)
If only I had Platinum, I'd play more ;-;

crimsonsapphire92

Johto definitely. It will ALWAYS be my favorite region. But I do love how the gym leaders play so much of a role in Sinnoh and how they have a bit more personality because you get to see them outside of the gym. SS was a little disappointing because it seemed like it was JUST a remake and nothing else (nothing much seemed to change outside of the addition of a couple new areas.)

ArceusandtheJewelofLife

Speedrun Champion
I like Sinnoh. To play through Sinnoh it takes 20 hours even in a speed run. Johto you can get through in 12 hours. Sinnoh is just bigger and better. Also, the Johto Frontier is just copy and paste from Sinnoh. Even in Johto, they wen't back to Sinnoh with the Sihjoh (Shinto, whatever it is) Ruins. Sinnoh's trainers are also a half decent level.

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
Sinnoh, definitly. There were diverse areas to explore that you will never see in Johto, and there's also what seems to me to be a lot more space and room, while Johto was not spread out in HGSS. While Johto is a lot more connected to traditional Japanese architecture, Sinnoh has a lot more mythology and god-like Pokemon that in a real world example would be way more powerful than Lugia or Ho-oh. And also, Sinnoh was original, whereas Johto had been around for 10 years, so Sinnoh was very refreshing to me. Overall, I do like Sinnoh a lot more.

SolidFlyTrap

PMD with fifth gen..
Hmm.. Well, thats a tough one. For me, the pokemon in Johto where way better, but the areas in Sinnoh where more diverse. Although, I liked the new remodel of Johto in SoulSilver. And the cities in Johto where way more creative, so im gonna have to go with Johto, but Sinnoh is very, very well done.

pokman

Resident Wanderer
I love Sinnoh...a lot more. Something about Johto makes it seem to have a shortage of routes, well there's just something that I like about Sinnoh more than Johto, I just can't think on how to describe it. Didn't like the gym planning either... There was a gym in every town with the exception of New Bark and Cherrygrove. Oh and about the towns... there were only ten... The gym leader levels? And I thought the Hoenn gym leaders were underleved.

Locarii

Shiny Searcher
I want to say Johto, partly because of nostalgia purposes, but mainly because I love the events, like Bug Catching in National park, etc. Oh, and the magnet train <3

However, if I'm honest, Sinnoh is better. I'm not really a fan of Mt. Coronet, but I love the snow section, and there is just more to explore.

trade_me_for_a_celebi

Training to beat Red
I enjoy Johto more than Sinnoh.
Yes we all can admit Johto is much smaller than Sinnoh though Johto still had a bunch of unique features :

Ruins of Alph - Puzzles
National Park - Bug Catching Contest
Dragons Den
The Cave right before Blackthorn - first cave (only one still i think?) where ice pokemon roam rather than zubats
Plot behind the Kimono Girls
Moo Moo Farms - Just a small farm but unique all the same.

Only thing I dislike is the fact that you were basically instructed on what to do and where to go, nothing major was found incidentally.

Sinnoh was good, but nothing I found outstanding, though i like the Underground there, I won't lie.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Honestly,Sinnoh.You have so many more things to do....you can find many more TM's & items & the pkmn are stronger & if you capture a weaker one later on in the game you have where to train it & you have a great item too: the VS Seeker wich is the most awesome key item...you get evoluton stones easier,you have shards for the move tutors,the underground...

Luxray13579

I love both, because Sinnoh brought me Luxray and family, but Johto is really fun to explore and there are many things to do.

Auberon TheFae

Nature's Breath
I liked both regions equally, Sinnoh because of it's cool climate,plus the native pokemon. Johto because that where I first began, so I am a bit bias to this region.

Pancakes!

<- sensual
Definitely Johto. My first game was Crystal so it's all nostalgic and stuff.

Last edited:

bookist

I prefer Sinnoh, as a region there is just more there whereas joto has to share with kanto.

Profesco

gone gently
Both. Sinnoh is challenging, Johto is beautiful.

Best post in here.

... what is this? I like Johto not for the nostalgia. I like Johto for the lack of over-all suckyness. Especially in the new generation. Before people could stand up for sinnoh because of the graphics, but now that Johto's matched that, there's no comparison. Sinnoh is an attempt at being made amazing that failed. They sat there trying to make it modern and great, while weighing it down with an over-done storyline that is way too complicated to be in a pokemon game, where the objective isn't to be character driven game, it's supposed to be action driven with a slight story to move things along. Instead, they incorperated a bunch of super underpowered gyms, uncreative pokemon, and some chick named Cynthia, who's really just some know-it-all wannabe furry who sits there trying to look better than you... till you go beat the crap out of her underpowered E4 team. Then you're left with 1 extra route and some lame battle island thigy (as far as D/P go, never bothered getting Plat.) Johto is at least interesting, with a few slightly challenging gyms, and a story driven by small, easy to get events, instead of by some mediocre space freaks who run around doing nothing. So, really, when you mock plot sequences like teaming up with lance, well, at least it gives you something to do, instead of climbing up some ridiculously long mountain, then going through it, only to fight some easy weirdos and catch one of the game's... what is it, like 14 legendaries? (once again, rediculous...) Anyhoo, there are still arguments to be made for Sinnoh, but I feel that those for Johto easily counteract/beat down all of those claims. Not making a bad game any better~

Worst post in here.

I love both regions. Johto has a lot of simply spectacular things to see. There are little nitpicks with both regions, so I won't bother. If I had to pick one to spend my time in, it'd be Sinnoh, but only because Platinum exists. Without Platinum, I sincerely could not choose between the two.

xVeteranChampx

The God of War
Johto is the superior region to me, for several reasons. I'm 21 and still playing Pokemon and I have owned all of the games and both versions of each and before HGSS were released the original GSC were still my favorite games because the region offered many things that the newer region have yet to do. For one thing, you don't have to have a third of your party made up of HM users to get around (I hated that you needed so many in Sinnoh), and it offers the best selection of monsters to catch and trainers to battle. I love how Johto has many aspects akin to ancient Japan-like Violet City's Sprout Tower and the overall feel the city gives. Ecruteak City is by far my favorite solely for the visuals, especially with the updated graphics HGSS offers-the short road to in Tower is gorgeous with the fall Maple trees. Mt. Silver is very cool as well, offering powerful pokemon to catch as well as just plain cool scenery.

Sushich3f

Munchlax Trainer
I like both. I don't have a favorite region.

I'm going with johto. I like the Sinnoh region too but, I had more fun going through the former. On the other hand, sinnoh did add many new and great aspects like snow and gameplay mechanics but I feel that its missing something (maybe because I haven't played platinum yet). Johto region imo is much more memorable. I guess it just carries a lot of memories from when I used to play gold and crystal version.

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan
Johto, It's got more things to see and do. Plus, it's pretty much attached to my favorite region, Kanto.

~PikaPi