• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh or Johto?

Do you prefer the Sinnoh Region or the Johto Region?

• Total voters

barath

i like both :).. sinnoh is cooler in pokemon contests means, johto rocks with its pokeathlon.... and the pokemon of sinnoh are cool means, the pokemon of johto are marvellous.. i dont like hoenn region

Ite

Sinnoh, Johto is small and I dont like the pokemons in it. In Sinnoh you can explore alot of places, like the top of mount coronet, the volvano, cant recall the name, ect Sunyshore is a nice city, on the other hand Johto is small, and the only nice looking city is Ecrukteak

Slavko

Swampert FTW
Sinnoh all the way, much more to do
But Hoenn is still my all-time favorite

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
Sinnoh's better. I enjoyed a lot of things about Johto--the Pokeathlon, the Bellchime Trail, even the region overall since it was home to my first adventure--but Sinnoh overall is better in my opinion. If Sinnoh had the Pokeathlon and a Bellchime Trail-esque route (say, a Golden Forest), it'd be my undisputed all-time favorite region.

Downey

I've always been a Johto fanboy myself. But I will give Sinnoh it's props, it is pretty darn cool, and there's a lot to explore.

I like them both. Sure, they both have their pros & cons, but I love them both equally! :)

Rufinito18

mE Entertainment
... what is this? I like Johto not for the nostalgia. I like Johto for the lack of over-all suckyness. Especially in the new generation. Before people could stand up for sinnoh because of the graphics, but now that Johto's matched that, there's no comparison. Sinnoh is an attempt at being made amazing that failed. They sat there trying to make it modern and great, while weighing it down with an over-done storyline that is way too complicated to be in a pokemon game, where the objective isn't to be character driven game, it's supposed to be action driven with a slight story to move things along. Instead, they incorperated a bunch of super underpowered gyms, uncreative pokemon, and some chick named Cynthia, who's really just some know-it-all wannabe furry who sits there trying to look better than you... till you go beat the crap out of her underpowered E4 team. Then you're left with 1 extra route and some lame battle island thigy (as far as D/P go, never bothered getting Plat.) Johto is at least interesting, with a few slightly challenging gyms, and a story driven by small, easy to get events, instead of by some mediocre space freaks who run around doing nothing. So, really, when you mock plot sequences like teaming up with lance, well, at least it gives you something to do, instead of climbing up some ridiculously long mountain, then going through it, only to fight some easy weirdos and catch one of the game's... what is it, like 14 legendaries? (once again, rediculous...) Anyhoo, there are still arguments to be made for Sinnoh, but I feel that those for Johto easily counteract/beat down all of those claims. Not making a bad game any better~

Gotta say I agree with this. I really didn't dig the whole Team Galaxy thing. The 10 million legendaries added in the game also made it boring.

To be honest, I really don't care about the story in these Pokemon games. I like to rush to the end, train a kick *** team of Pokemon I love and take on the Battle Frontier.

So making the story extremely long and super boring caves that you HAVE to explore makes it boring to me.

Johto has lots of caves that are just there, open for exploring, you don't have to go through them if you don't want to, which I found great (Mt.Mortar is the prime example, it's absolutely huge from what I remember, then there's the Union Cave, and if I remember right, there's quite the puzzles around the Unown Ruins.

I like the fact that you can speed run Jotho in no time if you want, or take your time and explore the things that are optional.

yeee.

Mudkip!

Pokémon Master
Johto... the layout and the Pokemon are X-times better than Sinnoh. The only thing I liked about Sinnoh was the fact that they added a little snow in the region... other than that, I didn't enjoy the layout at all... and 90% of the Pokemon make me cry....

Midnightkitsune

neighborhood trOll
dppt because if volkner tried he could own hgss elite 4

reelybigfish

I prefer Johto because it brings back memories of when I was 8 :)

Hoenn has to be my favourite so far though.

PaleoPhoenix

Protector of Nature
I like Johto because it brings back memories of me being in 6th grade waiting for Gold to come out. But Sinnoh is much larger and more fun to explore after you've beaten the game.

LickitungMaster

Normal-type Trainer
I prefer the geography and the Pokémon of the Johto region; the Sinnoh region is too futuristic with Team Galactic and the newer Pokémon. I've always liked the Johto Pokémon more than the others. :)

MicahXD

Dun Taze Me Bro!
I think Johto was a better place, I didnt really like Sinnoh or its pokemon very much..

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I like Sinnoh more really, Platinum it's easier to train (Well it feels like it) and you can rebattle people without having to wait a certain time.

Snickloze

Honestly my fav region so far is Hoenn, I even feel like am still gonna like it even more than Isshu if a remake is made.

But since ur asking about Sinnoh or Johto, I gotta say Sinnoh, even though I always wished if the areas were a bit brighter, it often felt like a desert with the overly brown environments, even Sunyshore and a couple of other cities were brown god damit...although thats just what I think.

Last edited: