• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh Platinum Gym Leaders.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
I haven't had much problem with any of the gym leaders in the two times I've restarted Platinum. They were pretty easy.

Rayosun

I only got the game on Saturday. I have defeated roark and the grass type gym leader and they were pretty easy to defeat especially the grass type gym leader.

viva la johto

crasher wake was realy hard to me got lucky with porygons signal beam and confused flotzel. but not playing right now. just got it a week ago with my dsi and waiting till i get my pearl to evolve porygon ,scyther, anD kadabra. before i get to celestic town

squirtle_123

I had great difficulty trying to beat gardina the first time i challenged her and then had no difficulties beating the rest of the gym leaders.

Hydro_Blast

Relaxin'
Every leader was a push over, Roark was easy with Turtwig, Gardenia was easy with Staravia, Grotle's bite destroyed Fantina horribly, Staraptor had Maylene begging for mercy, Drapion destroyed Wake and his gyarados and others. Byron was to easy for Infernape and Empoleon. Candice was easy with Infernape's attack and speed, and Volkner was pathetic compared to earthquake from my Torterra. I think the leaders were as easy as they were in D/P, maybe easier.

lugia*master

Cheese XD
It took me A G E S to get past Gardenia, on Platinum, because my Pokemon weren't strong enough, and even longer to get pat Fantina because, again, my Pokemon weren't strong enough.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Roark was too easy. The hardest Gym Leader was probably Candice... I don't know why though.

Shiba

SubZero Battler
I had the most troublewith Wake. It was all good, until Gyarados, thats when I would lose. I went into the Safari and caught a Tangela, trained it, then beat wake eventually.

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
I agree that Gyrados was a pain in the butt as I didn't have any decent electric atacks at the time. My tangrowth took care of the rest of his team easy as pie.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Overall, I did not have *too* many problems with the gym leaders.

On my Japanese Platinum, I had a bit of trouble against Fantina and Maylene. My only decent Pokemon against Fantina was Monferno, and he struggled against Mismagius. By the time I got to Maylene, I had traded over a Pokemon team from Pearl, but they were all unevolved and were at fairly low levels so they would listen to me. It took me a few tries in this gym, mostly because Lucario kept KOing all my Pokemon.

My English Platinum was easier, partly because I traded in my team at the earliest point in the game. (And this time, some of my Pokemon were fully evolved, such as Togekiss and Kingdra, even though the latter didn't obey) This team was also more balanced than my Japanese one, so the gyms were fairly average in difficulty.

What I found strange was that Byron was the easiest BY FAR. On both my games, I only had to use one Pokemon against him, whose was around the same level as his Pokemon. What's even more pathetic is that both times, my Pokemon did not lose a single HP.

Terrorization

I found them all very easy but if I had to pick one I'd choose wake, becasue I picked chimchar for a starter and Luxray kept getting hit hard.

pokemaster001

crasher wake was realy hard to me got lucky with porygons signal beam and confused flotzel.
you know, that reminds me, I was battling him and my main team was wiped out, and all I had was a lvl. 18 bronzor, and a lvl. like 3 or 2 bidoof and starly against his, I forget what lvl. floatzel with red health
I knew my only chance was to confuse him, and I forget how but it worked
he defeated bronzong and starly without hitting himself and it was up to bidoof, and I won
wake was defeated by a bidoof!
then I forgot to save
he was defeated by kadabra!

SlwaBluPhnx

Well, I planned really carefully. At first shot at diamond, I had Empoleon, Alakazam, Machamp, Spiritomb and 2 things else. It was hard. But I planned really hard (and found a lucky egg when I spontaneously threw a pokeball at a full health chancey) and came up with a super team

Infernape, Roserade, Gyarados, Crobat, Weavile and Gardevoir. Answer to all my problems. And the hardest gym was the last one, probably because he was levelled. The others, I didn't even stopped to heal my pokemon.

1. Mach punch/Mega Drain
2. Ember/Wing Attack
3. Bite (Gyarados)
4. Flamewheel/WingAttack
5. Magical Leaf/CrossPoison(For Gyarados)
6. CloseCombat/FocusBlast/RockSmash (easiest)
7. Flamethrower/RockSmash
8. Earthquake (gyarados)

--Akira--

Alrighty, in my pearl version I had a super battle with Maylene. Lucario annoyed me with his drain punch.

In Platinum I actualy had a hard time with Gardenia because I picked Piplup as my starter and didnt get a flyer or fire poke. Also was sorta underlevel.

I finaly decided to catch Starly...wanted to finish the game with out it but oh well.

Funnyguy

I have just recently been versing them for the second time. From who I have versed i will say that Gardenia is so easy it is not funny. She could of had a lot better pokemon. For example: she could of had Sceptile instead of Bellosom

Crasher Wake, I had no electric/grass type so I just kept using Fly on Staraptor to avoid getting hit that often.

Nyyman

Almost all of the Gyms went with one try.
But...
the one that caused me most problems was that FRICKING FANTINA AND HIS MISMAGIUS. I had to train 3 hours to finally win her with my team. And it still included incredibly annoying Eevee Sand-Attack spam.

Devout

Nincada Trainer
fantina was difficult i have to try like 5 times i kept using bide through out my whole gym battles XD..

I had kricketune, onix, parchirsu and Prinplup around lvl 24-25 at the time hard yes as i was using pokemon that was under used.

Last edited:
i found the 2nd gym leader hard considering i started out with a piplup had a bidoof as a back up pokemon