• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh Platinum Gym Leaders.

Juz

Pro Trainer
Beat volkner on 2nd try, ko'd my level 50 Empoleon.
had to trade over pokemon :p

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Maylene and her annoying Lucario are causing havoc in my team - I haven't been able to beat her yet...yet. I need a new strategy =]

JD

well i beat the fame 3 months ago but fantina was a pain in the butt well duskull was easy but haunter and mismagius gave me a world of hurt

pokemaster001

well, I started with piplup, which is arguably the worst starter for roark with only a move with 20 power, and I got a rapidash and alakazam for training so I ended up losing at least once to every odd numbered gym leader except candice, which is good because it added a bit of challenge but not too much challenge to the game, I was dissapointed that only three gyms got really changedbut it was a pretty good game overall, I actually think roark was the hardest gym because I lost every time I didn't play with turtwig at least once and turtwig was the least liked starter of this region

spacialrend_palkia

Deity of Space
The only gym that gave me problems was gardenia's grass gym. I only had prinplup, budew, murkrow and HM slave bidoof. Murkrow got ko'd cause it kept ignoring my orders since I traded it from my pearl game.

Kyogre Master V3.0

I only had problems in Wake's gym, cos i was slightly under-leveled. I only just lost first time tho, and beat him fairly easily the next time, even tho i wasn't really any stronger...All of the others i managed first try :) Candice's gym suprised me in this game tho: I managed to get to Candice without battling even one of her trainers! I swear that wasn't possible in DP...

So far, I've only Battled Roark and Gardenia, but they were both really easy. I crushed Roark with my Monferno, and Gardenia was a piece of cake compared to my Monferno and Staravia. And looking at my brother's game, Maylene looks pretty easy. (His Infernape was level 39)

Funnyguy

Did not have much trouble with any gym. Volkeners would have to be the hardest, well it should be. My favourite gym was Byron's because I love steel pokemon.

Also, just out of curiosity, when you get to battle the gyms a second time can you battle them a third time.

stephenrayswann

boredom....its wierd
When I fought Crasher Wake, I had lost my Team, they were really low level though because I hadn't trained them well enough. But they were close enough to beating Wake's team.

Infernape: 36
Luxray: 31
Prinplup: 27 - Prone for some training
Staravia: 30
Roselia: 19 - Prone for some training
Tropius: 30 - Caught in marsh area

I had lost Luxray, Staravia, Roselia, and Tropius, Prinplup was a to low level to face off against his Floatzel. I sent out my infernape, Floatzel was almost dead already, but any hit could of done bad. I used close combat and killed it with one move. Right now, I am going to celtic town while training on the way.

Crasher Wake took me several tries, I was pretty underleveled and my Luxray had low Defense/lower speed than Wakes pokes so he only got off 2 sparks before he got pwned. Fantina took 2 or 3 tries, once again I was pretty underleveled and I didn't have the money for potions and stuff so once my 2 pokemon with ghost/dark moves fainted I had to turn my game off. Finally beat them though. =D

yeminied

You can challenge the gym leaders and the people you partner up with, Riley, Mira, Buck etc in the battleground after Charon and the Galactic Grunts are taken away by Looker and the police force, IIMO. As long as they are there you can challenge them as many times as you like, just so you know, Funnyguy. If that's not enough check it out on the main site under battleground in Platinum.

I beat Volkner a couple of days ago and he wasn't too hard since I used my Mamoswine when I was in need, his Electivire did faint a couple of my Pokemon so now I'm training up my Pokemon for the Elite Four.

I'm kind of nervous about trying Byron and Candice's gyms, since the only fire-type is a Ponyta I just caught. Byron's should be okay since I have Torterra and Floatzel, but I don't have anything that has attacks strong against ice-types. Well, except Torterra, but that probably won't work out too well. >>

powerprotector

[Empty Space]
I had the hardest time with the 2nd and 8th gym because I was trying not to use pokemon I used in D/P and was going to use murkrow(to my suprise it wasn't in the game XD)and the 7th because I didnt have a good fire type pokemon;197;

I just beat the 3rd and 4th Gym recently, and they were surprisingly easy. I beat Fantina with my Gengar, and Maylene was a breeze with my Staravia. They were total pushovers. I don't know why they were easy for me, but they were.

Raikaria

You will obey!
The Platimum Gyms were all, in theory, harder than their D/P counterparts, due to higher levels. From weakest to strongest, and with reasons:

8. Bryon: I managed to beat his whole gym, and Bryon himself, at lv 38. Without the pokemon center. The Rival Battle before the gym is harder.
7. Roark: Psyducks are now avaliable. Speaks for itself. Machops and Budew help too.
6. Gardina: How many people do NOT have a Staravia at this point?
5. Candice: Found her laughably easy. Sure, I understand how her Froslass could be hard, with Snow Cloak + DT, but, when each of your pokemon carry an SE move, and one is a Magnezone with Magnet Bomb, 2HKO Always Hit move, you have no troubles. Everything but Froslass was OHKO'ed, with a lv 42 team.
4: Maylene: Found her level with Candice, really, but slightly harder because she did a bit more damage. Ironic how har 'star' can be OHKO'ed by one of her other pokemon. (I used a lv 28 Machoke on Lucario)
3: Fatina: Mismagius put up a large fight. That said, I did mess around with it, and use Forsight with Machop, before taking it on with an Eevee...
2: Volkner: I've not fought him yet, but my team has no ground types, 2 flying types, and a Water Type. Joy.
1: Wake. This guy's INSANE on Platinum. Garados leads off, with massive stats, and Waterfall, which is more powerful than any move you would have at this point. Quasire is easy, but Floatsel's sheer speed and powerful moves can OHKO most teams. Throw in the fact that locals are lv 30 trainers, and lv 24 wilds, and Floatsel being lv 37, and you have a mightly challenge that takes forever to train for. This is the one gym I've had to load after losing in thw whole 4th Gen.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
They're all stronger than the D/P counterparts, but I didn't really have a problem with any of them. Wake and Fantina put up good fights, though.

I hate Maylene's Gym
she's easy to battle, but its hard to get to her
I had a hard time against Candace too, because of her Froslass =/
and my favorite Gym leader was probably Crasher Wake xD

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I would've found Fantina hard if it wasn't for Monferno's Taunt. Now that I've restarted, I'm not too sure how I'll do against her, considering I have like, ZERO Dark moves. Oh, well, I plan on having a Gabite by that time.

Fantina by far gave me the most trouble. I was not adequately prepared and I payed for it by having a difficult time.