• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh Platinum Gym Leaders.

Gallade20772

GAME OVER.
Somehow, definately Gardenia. All I had was a Prinplup that got whupped by
Roserade... And a Lv 30 Shaymin that would never listen to me. I did it in the
end though... After makin' my Prinplup an Empoleon!

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
Candice was incredibly hard for me. Her Frosslass was probably the most annoying Pokemon I've dealt with in-game.

Kisuke_Shihoin

Team Rocket Spy
I found all of the gym leaders easy for my Infernape and yes Crasher Wake's team fell right away to a good old Thunder Punch and Earthquake.

Dennikin

Hmmm.......
Roark and Fantina were quite easy for me, but the difficult Gym Leaders I had facing were Crasher Wake and Candice! =.=

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i don't recall having much trouble with the gyms, i enjoyed them when i faced them and the remade gympuzzles in platinum were a welcome sight.

the one with the flashlights were neat.

Calm PokeMaster

All the gyms were really easy,all the GL's Pokemon were OHKO's for me.Partly because I was overlevelled.

STICKTOPIA

omfg candice was a disaster! i had to hatch the riolu egg and train it to a strong lucario! I had to make it know foresight so i could KO Froslass with aura sphere b/c of that stupid snow cloak ability! She would never send it out BEFORE Abomasnow! Thank the Lord she sent out mamoswine before it b/c it has the snow cloak ability too!

Chaos Rush

What disappoints me was that all of the Gym Leaders were extremely easy except Fantina. Fantina's Mismagius was the only tough Pokemon... And Byron and Candice's levels are too low, even in Platinum. I was expecting Byron to reach Lv45, but he only reached Lv41, which was kinda pathetic.

Calm PokeMaster

Funnily,the gym leaders in the middle of the game(3,4,5)are ususally the most difficult.Then again,most ghost GL's/E4 are difficult(Agatha,Phoebe,Fantina).

lucario the great one

I had the most trouble with Candice 'cause i picked Torterra and he ha a 4x weakness to ice,I had to go "gasp" all the way back to oreburgh 'cause I forgot where you get those lv21 ponytas and had to train that pony all the way to lv 50

gelo-c00ts

Dragon Emperor
Candice for me was the hardest my salamence and dragonite totally owned by her :(

Chaos Rush

Funnily,the gym leaders in the middle of the game(3,4,5)are ususally the most difficult.Then again,most ghost GL's/E4 are difficult(Agatha,Phoebe,Fantina).
I have to disagree with you a little...

This is the order that I would rate how tough they were:
1. Fantina
2. Volkner
3. Crasher Wake
4. Roark/Gardenia/Maylene/Byron/Candice

Fantina was obviously a pain for almost everyone with her Mismagius. I thought Volkner was rather hard, as his Electivire was pretty strong. Crasher Wake's Ice Fang's were annoying to my Roselia. And then Roark, Gardenia, Maylene, Byron, and Candice were all REALLY EASY. And not only that, when I battle Gym Leaders I only bring the same amount of Pokemon they use to make it a fair battle, and still I thought the Gym Leaders were too easy.

Arceus1308

Megafan of Pokemon
Fantina&Candice are hard

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
The only Gym Leader I beat on the first try was Byron, but out of them all, I had the most trouble with Fantina and Wake. Granted, I made it harder on myself by only using the same amount of Pokemon as the Gym Leader. (I find it unfair that you can use more Pokemon than them.) I finally managed to take down Wake with help from Cut Rotom after about eight or nine battles.

But against Fantina...Oi. I went up against her the first time with Monferno, Togepi, and Gligar, but that didn't work. Next, I used Monferno, Togepi, and Zubat, but that still didn't work. Finally, after probably about twenty battles, I developed the perfect strategy. The only Pokemon I had trouble with was Mismagius, as Togepi could beat Duskull and Monferno could beat Haunter easily. Mismagius was my only problem. Finally, I found the answer to my problem in a Substitute/Foresight Hoothoot. I tore through Duskull and Haunter losing only my Togepi, managed to use Hoothoot to expose Mismagius to Fighting moves. Mismagius still almost took out Monferno, but a perfectly timed Mach Punch managed to win me the match.

JD

My hardest would would have to be fantina here mismagius was a pain in my arse. Until I finally killed it with my staraviia candice and byron would be the easiest for me my umbreon infernape and scizor destroyed candice on the first try and my staraptor did pretty good against byron.

STICKTOPIA

Btw I found Fantina very easy. My Floatzel alone(yes I'm serious) beat her pokemon. All I needed was Crunch.

newmoon island

Candice was hard because of all the snowballs you had to break.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Hmmm, in order of difficulity, from hardest to easiest, it would be;

1. Candice
2. Fantina
3. Volkner
4. Gardenia
5. Wake
6. Maylene
7. Byron
8. Roark

This is based on my last Platinum team, which was very balanced (Torterra/Infernape/Empoleon/Staraptor/Luxray/Bibarel)