• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh Platinum Gym Leaders.

ZackZenith!

我们都有一个家,名字叫中国
None of them were hard, but I stopped for like a day or two on Volkner because all I had was Empoleon, Staraptor, & Luxray. I finished EV training and then swept him away :]

Morcombe

Only beat 7 gyms so far but.

Roark - Easy - Monferno just Mach Punched away
Gardenia - Easy - Staravia's Wing attack and Monferno's Flame Wheel
Fantina - Easy - Floatzel and it's Crunch were unstoppable
Meyleen - Easy - Staravia one shotted them all with Aerial Ace
Wake - Moderate - If he didn't have that freakin Gyarados it would have been so easy
Byron - Easy - Infernape + Floatzel = Win
Candice - HARD - the only gym leader who actually managed to beat me.

I went up against Candice full of confidence having Infernape, Staraptor both knowing close Combat, Lucario, a Gabite with Flamethrower and good old Crunching Floatzel for Frosslass and she still managed to beat me -_- my team were between lvl 40 - 44
Stupi Frosslass and its Doubleteam.

hardest fight in the game so far for me has been Cyrus in the distortion world, freaking Gyarados, i hate them, Who'd have thought a Crobat would so hard to kill -_-, I'm currently saved before fighting Giratina, thing keeps dying when it runs out of moves to kill me with, stupid struggle move.

frozenthunder

Master Breeder
all of them took me one try all i took was a little bit of planing from the begining
these are the pokemon that were used to defeat all of the gym leaders and elite four
Empoleon
Gliscor
Flareon
Froslass
Toxicroak
Raichu

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Roark - Easy
Turtwig pretty much swept his team.

Gardenia - Easy
Easy with Staravia and Ponyta

Fantina - Moderate
Grotle almost lost.

Maylene - Hard
Took me several tries to beat her.

Wake - Moderate
Would've been easy if Luxio and Grotle weren't knocked out, Budew hasn't evolved yet at this stage.

Byron - Easy
Swept with Torterra and Rapidash

Candice - Hard
Also took me several tries before I decided to train my newly caught Sneasel to level 45 and defeated Froslass.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
ummm, for some reason, maylene was really difficult for me :/
she knocked out my monferno & togetic very quickly, so all i had left was leafeon & gyarados.
gyarados got the job done for me though ^_^
voklner was downright annoying!
he kept on switching his pokemon >_>

I beat all of them in one go apart from maylene who somehow got one over me i think it was due to my line up being wrong. I beat her easily next time wihtout further training it was just a minor error on my part.

Morcombe

Fought volkner Today

I swept through his entire gym with Infernape Alone

Infernape Lvl 47
Earthquake - good against all electric types
Flame Wheel - pwnd the magnemites and magneton
Close Combat - smae as earthquak
Strength - for finishing off those with little hp

Infernape left the gym at Lvl 50

Volkner was the only one who actually damaged me.

Dabottle

AKA Ados.
I had no trouble at all what so ever. I was past level 50 at Candice so guess how easy the gyms were

It was something like this:

Roark @ 16 All 3 used
Gardenia @ 26 All 3 used
Fantina @ 32 Ambipom Sweep :)
Maylene @ 37 Ambipom and Infernape I think
Wake @ 42 Torterra and Togetic
Byron @ 46 Togekiss, Infernape, Torterra I believe
Candice @ 51 Togekiss :) and Infernape I think
Volkner @ 56 Torterra
I can't remeber who was the hardest, but I got a lot of O/THKO :)

Team was Yanmega, Togekiss, Espeon, Torterra, Infernape and Ambipom.
Guy with 3 eeveelutions rocks for training.
Because of him I was overlevelled all game

Grei

not the color
Fantina gave me a lot of trouble, actually...

Though my Pokemon were of relatively high levels when I fought Wake, and I had to re-challenge him. I haven't ever lost to a Sinnoh Gym Leader, playing through either Diamond or Platinum, so it surprised me.

For Fantina and Wake both, though, I was caught off-guard. Maybe the fact that the gyms were reordered threw me off...?

Beat Candice the other day. I was surprised at how easy she was; Jolteon and Rapidash alone took her down. Jolteon knew Rock Smash, which made Sneasel easy, and of course Abomasnow is double-weak to fire. And (whatever it is that Snorunt evolves into) was pretty easy too, but I forgot about it being part Ghost-type. >>
I was really worried about her gym, since my starter is usually who I use the most for gym battles, and Torterra is doubly weak to Ice. But I didn't have to use him at all!

Flareon1990

Pokemon Veteran
Fantina owned me pretty hard... like twice. Only gym leader to ever beat me. Her Mismagius kept knocking out all my pokemon which were essentially the same level.
I'd have to say the easiest was Volkner. Garchomp's Dig and Rapidash's Flame Wheel and Fire Blast were all I ever needed.

Loco

Roark - Easy
Piplup swept the whole gym.

Gardenia - Easy
Had to train a Ponyta. Prinplup got lucky and managed to peck Cherrim and Turtwig to death.

Fantina - Moderate
Bronzor and Prinplup swept, had trouble with the Mismagius though.

Maylene - Easy
Bronzor's extrasensory was a beast, and I taught Prinplup pluck, so that helped.

Wake - Easy
Empoleon murdered the entire gym with Grass Knot.

Byron - Easy
Swept with Vaporeon.

Candice - TBA

I'll probably have trouble since I'm only using Steel/Water types.
Bronzong, Empoleon, and Vaporeon..and training a Milotic (at level 24).

Lyricalx

Excellent.
Every gym was incredibly easy for me as long as I had the right type out at the right time, the only trouble I had was Gardenia's incredibly fast Roserade.
That just made me angry D:< It probably took me 10 times to beat her. And my winning was just on pure luck.

Surfing_Pikachu

facade42

I've got 7 badges at the moment

My Pokemon are EV trained, so even though they are always at the same level as the Gym Leader's....I usually K0 all their Pokemon in one hit...

Crasher Wake had to be the most hilarious though

Gyrados = 1HKO from Drifblim's Thunderbolt
Quagsire = 1HKO from Roserade's Magical Leaf
Floatzel = 1HKO from Gallade's Leaf Blade

With Infernape, Magnezone, Roserade and Gallade in my arsenal....I don't see Volkner being a problem either...lol

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
This probably my fault but Gardenia gave me problems. I chose Piplup as my starter so I needed some ground to cover up the electric weakness. (I would cover grass with ice beam or blizzard) I chose Shellos because I knew that Gastrodon was ground and water. When I faced gardenia my prinplup had no ice moves so that was a huge problem because Shellos was weak to grass too. I had to rely on my Ralts a lot but it couldn't take many razor leaves because of poor defense.
Surprisenly though none of the other gyms gave me much trouble, not even Fantina.

yeminied

Crasher Wake had to be the most hilarious though

Gyrados = 1HKO from Drifblim's Thunderbolt
Quagsire = 1HKO from Roserade's Magical Leaf
Floatzel = 1HKO from Gallade's Leaf Blade

LOL, nice. I wish he was that easy for me, his Gyarados just would not faint.

diddykong

Uber Gamer
Crasher Wake. Him and his Gyarados, whose typing completely walled my Thunderpunch-less Infernape. Infernape was my team. Nothing else. That's how I roll!

Malakai

Heroine addict
I was warned about Fantina, who completely stopped my friend in her tracks, but I didn't have much trouble with her. This may have been because I paused my progress to train up a rather nicely-IV'd Gyarados with Bite; I wasn't fast enough to outrun Mismagius of course, but it was very helpful. I actually had the most trouble with Volkner, and it was probably a good thing since at that point in the game I get rather sick of battling Gym Leaders and I just want to move on to the Frontier where I'll actually be challenged. If I had had something other than Torterra with Earthquake I might have had an easier time, but as it was that was the gym where I used the highest number of items. I've not had to soft-reset at any gyms in the game.